- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 1

 

The Proposal

 

As another day was ending, inside Kaede’s hut, Shippo looked at Miroku and Sango, and Kirara was on Sango’s shoulder. Miroku noticed Shippo staring and asked, “Shippo, something wrong?” “Have you noticed how close Kagome is letting Inuyasha get to her?” Shippo asked. “Yep,” Miroku said, “I suspect something is about to happen.” “Like what?” Shippo asked. “Ask when you get older,” Sango said.

Meanwhile, at the sacred tree, Inuyasha was waiting for Kagome, when Kagome popped out of the well. “I wonder why Inuyasha wanted me to meet him at the tree, oh well, I guess I’ll find out soon enough,” Kagome said. Kagome soon came to the tree, and Inuyasha turned to her, and said, “Come over and sit down.” Kagome did as he asked, and took off the backpack, however she did not notice he had his right hand in his pocket. “What is it Kagome asked. “Before I answer, tell me, what’s wrong, I can see that something is bothering you,” Inuyasha said. “My friends want me to take a five year trip and apparently I have no say in the matter. I’d prefer to stay here, but if I did, my family would be blackmailed,” Kagome said, “Your identity would be revealed, do you want that to happen?” Kagome then turned back to Inuyasha, because she had been staring at the ground. “Kagome, do you want me to come with you?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome sighed and said, “They said not to bring along any strange friends.” Inuyasha paused, and said, “Go on the trip, but take this with you,” Inuyasha took his hand out of his pocket, and offered Kagome what was in his hand. Kagome took the small box out of his hand and opened it. “I… Inuyasha… oh,... oh, how beautiful,” Kagome said, grabbing his neck. Inuyasha put his arms around her, but neither of them noticed who was spying on them with an angry look on her face. Kikyo, turned around, and stormed off going far away from the tree. “Why didn’t he give that ring to me?” Kikyo asked as she left. As she spoke Inuyasha’s ears twitched, but he didn’t move away from Kagome.

Just then a soul collector brushed by Kagome and Inuyasha. Kagome let go of Inuyasha, and Kagome asked, “Aren’t you going after her?” “Why should I, I’ve made my choice,” Inuyasha said, totally ignoring the soul collector. She should know that by now.” “Huh!?” Kagome asked, “Did you see her?” “I simply told her to leave, why she is still lingering around, I have no idea, but she is gone, now,” Inuyasha said. Kagome stared at him with a shocked expression on her face. “Come on, we better get to Kaede’s,” Inuyasha said. Kagome grabbed the backpack, and closed the box. The two of them walked, holding hands, back to Lady Kaede’s hut.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.