- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own any of the InuYasha characters. They belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

"Yep."  A flash of red and Kagome found Shippou in her arms.

"Shippou!  Did you miss me?"

"Yep."  He looked over at the woman standing next to Kagome.  "Who's your friend?"

"Hold on.  I only want to explain this once."  Inuyasha was next with Sango and Miroku behind him on Kirara's back.  They stopped when they saw Laurynn.  Sango squinted her eyes.

"Laurynn?"  Sango walked forward.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Kagome showed me a picture one time.  I'm Sango."  Sango pulled the girl into an embrace.  "It's so nice to finally meet you.  Kagome has told me much."  Laurynn blushed, but she was prepared since Kagome had told her to expect this.  When she stepped back, she looked up at two men.  They were studying her with curiosity written all over their faces.  One had long silver hair and puppy dog ears, which she had assumed to be Inuyasha and the other, had a small pony tail and stood in purple robes which she immediately knew as the monk, Miroku.  The large cat that stood in front of them shrunk into a cute two-tailed kitten that pranced forward and proceeded to jump into Laurynn's arms.

Miroku introduced himself.  "I'm-"

"I know who you are.  You're the lecherous monk, Miroku."  He just shook his head.

"I'm so misunderstood."

"Inuyasha, Kagome has told me a lot about you."

Kagome blushed and Sango wondered what exactly the little miko told her cousin.

"Keh."  The monk walked forward to greet Laurynn.  His hand was just an inch away, when- A smack rang out through the forest.

"Don't touch me monk."  He felt his stinging cheek where she slapped him.

"Okay, everyone.  This is my cousin, Laurynn.  She is staying in Tokyo with me for a while."

Inuyasha just stood and watched Laurynn.  She looked as if she were Kagome's twin.  There was something about her.  Her aura was similar to Kagome's.  Could she be a miko?  He watched as the wind blew and her hair floated around her following the breeze.  The sun broke through the clouds and her purple irises seemed to glow.

Laurynn stared back at Inuyasha.  He was the only one who hadn't said anything and he seemed to be scrutinizing her.  The sun broke through and she could only imagine how her eyes glowed in the pure light.  A fuzzy feeling settled in her stomach and a chill ran up her spine.  The smell of clay and dirt filled her nose accompanied by death.  She flashbacked to the conversation she had about Kikyo, the undead priestess always chasing after Inuyasha.  Her clothes fluttered again as she closed her eyes and focused on the feeling that was settled in her gut.  An image of Kikyo flashed in front of her.  It was definitely the priestess.

"Kagome, Kikyo is coming.  I assume it is her soul collectors that follow."  Kagome stared in awe at her cousin.  Of course she always knew her cousin was not completely human, but this was something completely different.  Not even Inuyasha had picked up her scent.  "She carries a package, but I sense no ill will against you."  Everyone stared at Laurynn then at Inuyasha, waiting for him to say something.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review.  All comments appreciated.