- Text Size +
 

Ch.9
Brotherly Love Gone Wrong”

Day 5

Sesshomaru wandered through the forest, searching. He had to find Inuyasha…uh…Plentiku. His brother’s scent filled his nostrils. He was a few hundred miles away. Plentiku was close. Sesshomaru decided to sit and wait for her to come to him.


Inuyasha trudged through bamboo chutes. Kiachi followed close behind.

“Inuyasha, I think we took a wrong turn. I recognize this territory.”

“It doesn’t matter. We’ve gone too far to turn back now.”

“But, this is the wrong way! We really should…”

“No! Shut up, I know what I’m doing.”

Kiachi moaned. “I don’t feel comfortable with this.”

“Look, Chachi, you can stay here and whine by yourself. I’m going ahead.”

“It’s Kiachi, and I’m just trying to warn you that the cheetah demon territory is up ahead.”

“Woopty-doo.”

Inuyasha peeked out from the chutes. There was a large, bare clearing. Lying about on the rocks were huge, thin, spotted cats. Inuyasha grunted.

“You’re afraid of those? Look at them! They look like they’re about to die!”

“Don’t let their looks fool you. They’re very fast and very strong. As long as we don’t wake them, we’re okay.”

“Whatever.”

 

The bull landed near where Inuyasha and Kiachi had slept. Plentiku sniffed the air. Her eyes went wide.

“Sesshy?”

Kagome scratched her head. “Who’s Sesshy?”

Sesshomaru appeared from the bushes. “Yo.”

Kagome gasped. Plentiku sighed. Sesshomaru didn’t quite know what to think. The girl in his brother’s body was his Plentiku all right. He bowed his head.

“Plentiku, I thought I’d find you in there.”

Kagome was really confused now. “Wait, you two know each other?”

Judging by the way Plentiku was looking at the silver-haired youkai, Kagome figured they really had known each other...multiple times. Kagome blushed at the thought.

“Sesshomaru, what are you doing here?”

“I came to see you last night. Unfortunately, I had a very unpleasant surprise.”

Plentiku turned red. “You didn’t!”

Sesshomaru nodded. Plentiku shuddered.

“Which way did he go?”

“North, I think. Now, tell me how this happened.”


Inuyasha decided to go along with the whole ‘cheetah demons are dangerous’ thing. He snuck quietly on tip-toes.

“This is stupid.” He whispered.

“Better safe then sorry. Just don’t make any loud noises or sudden movements.”

 

I CAN’T BELIEVE YOUR STUPID BOYFRIEND WENT THE WRONG WAY!” Plentiku raged. “HOW ARE WE SUPPOSE TO FIND HIM NOW!”

Kagome looked at the bull. It was tired. It didn’t look like it could go another step. Kagome shrugged.

“You can try sniffing again. Once you get his scent, I can ride you to…”

“NO! You ain’t climbing on my back! What are you? Cripple?”

Kagome was beginning to lose patience with Plentiku.

“Sniff the air and tell me what you smell.” Kagome said and nicely as possible. Plentiku sniffed once.

“Your body odor.” She hissed.

Kagome lost it then. SIT!”

The necklace on Plentiku glowed. But nothing happened. Plentiku glared at Kagome.

“And just what was that all about?”

 

The two were almost out of the cheetah demon territory. Suddenly, out of no where, Inuyasha fell flat on his face with a noisy thud. The cheetah’s lifted their heads to see the intruders. They all stood up, snarling. Kiachi glared at Inuyasha.

“Oh, you’re good! You are perhaps the only person to ever trip over the air!”

“I didn’t trip.” Inuyasha’s muffled voice growled.

The cheetah’s had the two surrounded. Kiachi backed up.

“Inuyasha, do something.” Kiachi whispered.

Inuyasha sat up. What was he going to do? Kiachi pointed to Inuyasha’s waist. He looked down and found brass knuckles. He fit them over his hands.

“What are these supposed to do?”

Kiachi touched the middle knuckle. Tiny barbs emerged. Inuyasha scoffed at the wimpy weapon.

“Is that all? Is this all I have to work with? HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO STRIKE FEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF EVIL WITH THESE!”

Inuyasha outstretched his arm. To his surprise, lightening shot out of the barbs, striking and killing one of the cheetahs.

“Ooh.” Inuyasha said, pleased.

The cheetah’s were angry now. But, Inuyasha didn’t care. He was having fun zapping the skinny cats. Kiachi was impressed. Plentiku was never that fast! Inuyasha sent the remaining cats running off with their tails between their legs. He brought the knuckles to his face and smiled.

“I love new toys.”

 

Sesshomaru was sick and tired of hearing the ‘girls’ argue. It was night time already.

“Silence, both of you.”

The two stopped and looked at Sesshomaru.

“We’ve already lost the day. Sleep now and we’ll find Inuyasha in the morning.”

“You’re going to help us, Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked.

Sesshomaru nodded. “Plentiku is not the only one who wants her body back.”

That said, Sesshomaru went into the forest to sleep. Plentiku followed. Sesshomaru stopped and looked at her. He could tell she wanted a good-night hug.

“Plentiku, I love you. But, you are not to touch me while you are in that body, understood?”

Plentiku sighed. “Yeah.”

When she left, Sesshomaru smirked to himself.

I promise, I’ll make it up to you.

Chapter End Notes:
Last two chapters coming Next Week