- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story was written back in 03-04' but I have never seen another pairing like it since then. This fanfic is 10 chapters long.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Short chapters.
 

One Tale for Two-Tails”

By: M.W. Roach

 

Ch.1: You Are Our One Millionth Cat-stomer!”

Inuyasha tore through the sky with his Tetsusaiga. He slashed at the throat of a wolverine demon. The swift creature dodged the giant fang and whipped Inuyasha out of the sky. Miroku and Sango stood in front of Kagome and Shippo, protecting them. As usual, I was at Sango’s side, ready to battle. I was especially excited about this one. I would kill the demon this time. After all these years, I’d finally be rewarded the power of taking on the form of a human.

Sango’s call quickly snapped me out of my dream. I crouched down and began to transform. It always felt weird. Everything got so big so quickly. My surroundings seemed to shrink, and I felt deep anger. I focused my aggression on the wolverine demon, which was charging straight towards a tiring Inuyasha. I had to help him. I ran to Sango’s side and she hopped on my back.

It hurt a little. I mean, it wouldn’t kill her to be gentler. But I paid no mind to that. I ran and leapt into the sky, taking flight. Sango threw her Hirikotsu at the demon. It missed, but I was still mad. Did it ever cross her mind that I wanted to kill the demon? Does anyone care what I think?

Those questions would be answered after I killed the demon. The massive boomerang hit Sango’s arm upon returning. I sometimes wonder if maybe I moved over purposely so the weapon would smack her off my back. Either way, she was gone and now was my chance. I landed on the giant wolverine’s head and dug my claws deep into its eyes. While it screamed, painfully holding its half-empty sockets, I plunged my fangs into its throat. It died instantly, combusting into a pile of smouldering ash. The deed done, I returned to Sango to see if she was okay. She looked a bit angry with me. I quickly shrunk back to my usual cute self, as she never became upset with me in that form. Still, though, she looked peeved.

“What is with you, Kirara? Why did you let me fall like that?” She asked in a serious tone.

I mewed at her, hoping that’d shut her up. It usually worked; and it succeeded again. She lifted me and hugged. I loved it when she was proud at me. She was a nag sometimes, but I still loved her. I couldn’t wait to show her what I had accomplished.

I wanted to change. Questions began running through my head. What will I look like? Will I be as beautiful as Sango? Will she and everyone else accept me? Sango pulled me away from her chest and held me in the air.

“I forgive you. I love you, Kirara.”

I squealed in delight.

I love you, too, Sango.

 

We all sat around the fire. I jumped from lap to lap, getting as much attention as a cute kitty like me should get. Miroku scratched me at the base of my tail. I’d stretch and put my bottom in the air, encouraging him to scratch harder. Kagome was gentler with her strokes. I never stayed on her very long, as sometimes her caresses were too soft, and it tickled. Sango held me in her lap and rubbed my ears. But, none of them could compare to Inuyasha. His long nails never failed to satisfy my many Myoga bites. He also knew where ‘the spot’ was. Every cat has a ‘spot’. That special place that, when scratched, makes a cat feel like they’ve sniffed an entire plantation of catnip. Mine was between my front legs in the center of the fluffy crest around my neck. I often fell asleep on his lap rather then Sango’s. It didn’t matter though. I loved all of them. I hoped they would love me, too.
 

It had been about 4 hours since I killed that demon. Everyone was asleep but me. I was still waiting. Another hour went by and still nothing. What was going on? Did I count wrong? Was this really my millionth demon? I was worried, now. I didn’t want to go to sleep, but sleep eventually took over.

The Next Morning

I stretched and yawned. I looked down at Sango with a smile. Wait…I looked down? I took a second glance, just to make sure I wasn’t mistaken. She was below me all right. I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming. I squeezed my skin, crushing it between my thumb and index finger. It hurt. I looked at my hands. They were human hands. Four fingers and a thumb. I brought my hands up to my face; a human face. My hands traveled down my sides. I gasped at the sight of my hair. It was cream colored with black tips. It hung around my neck in big, luxurious curls. I quietly reached into Kagome’s backpack and pulled out a little mirror. I gasped when I seen my face. My creamy bangs hung over my crimson eyes. A black diamond shaped marking occupied my forehead. I smiled. Tiny fangs glistened brightly. I really was beautiful. The only thing that stayed the same were my two-tails, which were hidden under the covers I was sharing with Sango. I pushed on her shoulder.

“Sango. Sango, wake up.” I smiled, happy with my soft voice.

Sango groaned and stirred. I waited excitedly for her to open her eyes. My, she seemed surprised. I’d never heard her scream like that before!

Chapter End Notes:
Will be updated every Sunday until complete.