- Text Size +

A sixth bottle hit the bar. Sitting at it was a partially drunk hanyou, his ears drooped in depression, but he was trying to drink it away. However, he was failing miserably. "Another one, Takeru," he mumbled. Damned demon blood. It's hard as hell to get drunk, even for a half-breed. He picked up the new brown bottle as it was placed in front of him, and began drinking from it. His night only got worse as he glanced toward the door to see a worried wolf demon walk in. Fuckin' perfect.

Koga walked over to Inuyasha, sitting beside him. He looked up at the bartender. "I'll just have a coke." He looked over at his friend now, and sighed. "You know, you have to talk about it sometime. Instead of just punching out everyone who makes you angry," he started, resting his head on his fist.

Inuyasha growled, putting the bottle down. "Listen, wolf, I don't need your damn advice, so don't offer it. And as for 'punching out everybody', I don't do that," he snarled in reply.

"Mmhm, yeah. You showed it when you hit the woman you loved." Koga blinked when Inuyasha lowered his head in obvious shame. He sighed, pausing for a minute to think, then spoke again. "Inuyasha, I know you came here to drown out the memory. But trust me, it won't work. She'll forgive you."

Inuyasha's eyes bolted to the wolf, fury flaming in the golden orbs. "How the hell do you know?! I yelled at her and hit her!" he yelled, then slowly looked down, beginning to whisper. "She... she looked so afraid. A-and her eyes... it was as if they were begging me not to hurt her anymore. Then... she said we weren't important enough anymore."

Koga's tail flicked. He knew his sister, and her friends were the most important thing in the world to her. He grabbed the hanyou's shirt. "And you believed that?! That Naraku bastard is obviously manipulating her somehow. Damn it, mutt, I hate to say this, but I need your help to figure out what the hell's wrong with her!"

Inuyasha just got even angrier, and swatted his hand away. "I don't care! She chose her life, and it obviously doesn't include me anymore! I don't care what the fuck happens to her, so don't try to get me to help that bitch!" He turned away from the wolf, his eyes showing no truth in them, and just kept drinking.

Koga sighed in defeat, paying the bartender for the coke he didn't even touch, and walked out of the bar. If he won't help her, then I'll just have to. But how can I get her to talk to me? She'd never admit any of Naraku's faults. Hmm... but, Kohaku does owe me a favor! Koga made his way to a police station, where a freckled-face officer greeted him.

"Hey Koga! What're you doing here? Finally turning yourself in for all the people you've killed?" the officer greeted, grinning.

Koga laughed. "Not at all, Kohaku. I haven't killed anybody," he stated innocently. The two men laughed. "Anyway, I wanted to cash in that favor. You have a truth serum, don't you?"

Kohaku raised an eyebrow suspiciously. He crossed his arms over his chest. "Yeah, so? What do you want with it?"

Koga rubbed the back of his neck. "I need it for my sister. I need to figure out what's going on with her."

Kohaku quickly looked concerned. "Alina's in trouble? Shit, Sango will kill me if I don't help. Fine, I'll get you some. But promise you'll only use it on Alina." He looked up at his friend, who nodded his promise. He smiled, and walked off, getting a needle and some truth serum, putting it in a small box. He walked back to Koga, handing it to him. "Just inject it in a vein, and she'll only be able to tell the truth for an hour. I suggest the wrist or inner elbow," he instructed. "And be careful, alright? Kami knows Sango will have our heads if anything goes wrong!" he laughed.

Koga grinned, and nodded. "Thanks, buddy," he said as he walked out, waving. Sorry, sis.

The next day, he arranged lunch with Alina at his place, relieved when she was able to come. He sat on the couch with her, the needle ready and behind his back. "Hey sis, I need to talk to you about Naraku. Does he... you know, do anything to you?"

Alina blinked, shocked. "What? No! Why would Naraku hurt me? He ismy mate, after all," she lied with a smile.

Koga stared at her, and sighed. He snagged her arm, and before she could protest, he punctured her skin with the needle, injecting the serum into her. He grew a little nervous as her eyes grew blank, and sighed again. "Okay, again. Sis, does he do anything to you?"

"He's an abuser. Sometimes he'll hit me, or just talk down to me," she replied blankly.

Koga flinched. I knew it!! The bastard! "What else has he done to hurt you?"

Alina's ears twitched. "The... the children. He's hit them a few times. A-and... they weren't willingly conceived."

Koga's eyes widened, and he grabbed her arms. "He raped you?!" he snarled.

She nodded slightly. "Yes. He also threatened to kill me and the children if I didn't marry him."

"Do you think he's up to anything?" her brother prodded, now holding her. He wanted to take the pain away, but knew that wouldn't be possible. However, he would kill Naraku for hurting her. And when Inuyasha hears the tape, he'll help.

"I think... he wants to... kill you. Inuyasha and the others, too."

Koga continued asking her questions, and when the hour of truth was up, she passed out from the effect the serum had on her. He stroked her hair, whispering, "Don't worry, Alina, I'll kill him for you. I promise." He reached into a cushion, grabbing a voice recorder, and stopped it. He rubbed his thumb over the device, thinking. He's a bastard, I know that. But... his name still sounds so familiar. As if, I've heard it before. And those spine-tingling, skin-crawling smiles of his are so familiar. Damn it, where the hell have I seen him before?!!

He took the tape to the garage his hanyou friend worked at. He chuckled at seeing the hanyou angrily kicking a car. "Damn piece of junk, work!!" the hanyou snarled, and hit the engine with a wrench. He wiped his greasy hands, and noticed Koga. Damn it, what the hell does that wolf want now?! "What is it?!" he snapped.

Koga walked over. "I need your help. No... Alina needs your help," the wolf replied calmly.

"I told you, I don't want anything to do with that..."

"Sometimes he'll hit me, or just talk down to me." The voice was Alina's, and the hanyou looked down at the device in Koga's hand, as it was stopped.

"Wh-what the hell? What was that?" Inuyasha snarled, his eyes showing a hint of red now. "Hit"? "Talk down"? Who the hell is she talking about? And how the hell did Koga get that?!

"I gave Alina a truth serum, and asked her what Naraku's done to her. There's more. A lot more," Koga answered, sadness showing in his eyes. "She needs our help, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha just blinked, and stared at the recorder. "W-well... what she said wasn't Naraku!" he shouted, but his voice was filled with uncertainty. "She doesn't care about us anymore," he said, more to himself than Koga, shaking his head a bit.

Koga just growled at the dog's stubborn attitude. He fast forwarded the tape, and played it.

"How do you feel about us? Me? Your friends? Inuyasha?"

"Mm. How can you ask that? I love all of you. Inuyasha... I... I never forgot him, or how I felt. And Kagome, Sango, Miroku... they're still so important to me."

"Why didn't you show up for your dinner with them?"

"Naraku told me he'd hurt Ryo if I did." Click. The tape stopped.

Inuyasha just stared again. She never forgot? Then why'd she get married? Alina... I-I'm sorry.

"So, you in?" Koga asked, with a confident smirk on his face.

The hanyou looked up at Koga, and chuckled a bit, grinning wickedly. "What's the plan, chief?"

"Good to have you aboard," Koga said, knocking fists with him. They walked off to discuss their plan for Naraku's destruction.

Chapter End Notes:

See Chap 1 for disclaimer.

Also, on Inuyasha's job, I got the thought of him being a mechanic from Bobcat Lady and her story, "For the Love of a Child". I figured that occupation fit him, so I used it, too. ^^