- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, this one was written recently. So, it should be better than the previous 5 chapters.

Twenty years had passed. While Inuyasha had never forgotten Alina, Alina had long since forgotten about him. Koga moved back to Japan, but Alina, content with her life in America, stayed. Alina ended up as a rich actress, and married a professional baseball player. Together, they had twins, Maemi and Ryo, who were now two. Inuyasha, unable to find a better job, continued working as a mechanic, but Alina was always on his mind. He longed for the day he would once again see her. And soon, that day would come...

Shrooo!! The air cried in distraught, the engines of the plane sounding quietly, as the airplane slowly swooped down upon Tokyo Airport, and landed softly. Alina and her husband, Naraku, stepped off the plane with their twins. Alina held Maemi's hand, while Naraku held Ryo's. Inside the airport, Koga happily greeted the couple, and his niece and nephew. Koga, too, had gotten married, to a wolf demoness, Ayame, who reminded him much of his sister.

"Heh, cute kids, Lin. It's great to see you again," Koga said with a smile, hugging his older sister.

Alina returned the hug, and the smile. "Koga, this is my husband, Naraku, and our twins. Our daughter here is named Maemi, and our son's Ryo. They're 15 minutes apart," she stated, picking up the twins in her arms. "Maemi, Ryo, say hello to Uncle Koga."

"Ewwo uncle Kowa!" the twins recited together, smiling brightly.

The baby talk brought a smile to Koga's face, playfully taking their hands. "Ewwo Maemi and Wyo." He nuzzled their cheeks affectionately, happy that his sister was now a mother. He hoped that she would be able to raise her children, unlike their parents could. Regaining his composure, he smiled at Naraku, holding his hand out. "Hey. Koga Mitsumoto. Y'know, your name sounds familiar. Have we met?"

Naraku smiled kindly, taking the man's hand, and shaking firmly. "No, sorry. I've lived in America all my life. Where I met this lovely little wolf." Releasing his brother-in-law's hand, he kissed his wife's cheek. He smirked when she blushed at the public display of affection. "Now, now, dear. Don't tell me you've suddenly become shy," he began, then leaned in and whispered huskily, "after all we've done back in America. Remember the rest.." He merely smirked as his wife took the twins into one arm, using the other hand to swing over and cover his mouth in embarrassment. He chuckled lightly, and pulled away. "So, Koga. Shall we go?"

Koga, scratching his cheek a bit at the lovers, nodded and walked off to his car. Luckily, he owned a van, Ayame insisting on it. Alina buckled the children into car seats in the back, sitting with them, as Naraku sat in the front beside Koga. Koga drove off to his house, thinking. Shit, Inuyasha's going to be pissed. Hell, that and crushed. I told him she was coming home, but I didn't know she had 2 kids and a husband. And the husband's a creepy one, too. Ugh, and his scent...it's like death personified. I need to talk to her. Soon.

When Koga arrived at home, he slipped out of the car, Naraku doing the same. He helped his sister with the children, and looked at her. "Hey Alina, do you mind talking with me?" His eyes shifted to Naraku. "Alone?"

Alina blinked at his suspicious look to her husband. What was his problem? He seemed... worried. "Um, sure. Dear, can you take the kids?" Naraku gave her a warm smile, and nodded. She walked off with her brother, and soon he grabbed her arm, yanking her around to the back yard of the house. "Whoa! Koga, what's up with you?"

"Alina, I don't like him. And... I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but Inuyasha's inside the house. He wanted to surprise you when you got home. You probably don't remem," he spoke, but suddenly got cut off. He looked up at her smiling face, her eyes warm.

"I do. Inuyasha... it's been so long since I've heard his name. How is he?" she asked with a sweetness in her voice.

Koga angrily and vigorously shook his head. "He's not the point. Listen, I... I don't like that Naraku guy. He's creepy, and have you caught his scent? It smells like a dead body, but WORSE!" He was desperate to get through to his sister's stubborn little mind, but he was fairly sure he couldn't. But if he got her to at least think, then maybe, just maybe... he could see her with that mutt face again. At least he loved her, even after so long.

Alina's ears twitched in anger, and her tail flicked in annoyance. She put her hands on her hips, snarling a bit. "So you don't like the mate I've chosen, hm, Koga? Well, let me tell you something. I don't care. We're going back to America next week anyway." Her face then softened, and she gave a defeated sigh, smiling at her brother. "I'm sorry... my friends have been telling me that a lot. They worry about me too. Listen, Koga, he's great. Please, just be happy for me."

"But, Inuyasha, he'll..."

"We'll have to tell him what happened, then. He may be heartbroken, but after 20 years, it was bound to happen," Alina replied dismissively, waving her hand, and walked around to the front. She smiled at Naraku, as they walked inside.

Inuyasha had been hiding in a bedroom, waiting for Alina and Koga to arrive. However, his eyes widened as not two, but four scents came into the room. He didn't find Koga's, but instead a man's, a little girl's, a little boy's... then that beautiful scent he remembered so fondly. Alina. She... she got married. A-and she had kids... but, I-I don't understand. I thought she... feh! Stupid Inuyasha, it's been 20 years. Of COURSE she'd forget about you, and what you shared. Baka. But, this man she chose for her mate... he smells horrible. Hell, I'm going to puke, just from it hitting my nose. It smells like so many deaths and rotten corpses. And this is the man she's spending the rest of her life with...

His thoughts got cut short, as the even more beautiful voice now drifted into his sensitive, furry ears. "Inuyasha, come out of hiding! Koga told me you were here!" Alina shouted, in an always cheery tone.

Inuyasha frowned, his ears drooping. Damned wolf. I shoulda known he'd tell her. He forced himself to smile, and walked out of the room. "Lin, great to see ya!" he said truthfully, picking her up and hugging her, twirling around a bit. The duo laughed, and he set her down. "How're you doin'? Looks like you got yourself a man, and not one, but two pups! Heh, one lucky ba---"

Alina shot him a glare, her eyes drifting to the children. He only coughed, his way of excusing his language. "Inuyasha, this is Naraku, and our children, Maemi and Ryo. Sweetheart, kids, this is an old friend of mine. We even had feelings for each other. But I suppose it was only puppy love," she said with a smile.

Unknown to Alina, her words cut through Inuyasha's heart like a hot knife through butter."Puppy love"? Is that all I was to her? Just a... a fling?!

Naraku smiled at Inuyasha, the action making the hanyou's skin crawl. "It's nice to meet you. Alina, dear, I'm going to take the kids and go to a hotel. You know, to let you three catch up," he said, his head nodding to Koga as the demon walked in. Naraku leaned in and kissed his wife's cheek, then left with the kids. Well, it's almost complete. Now, for her friends. What were their names again? Oh yes... Sango, Miroku, and Kagome. Perfect.

The hours passed like seconds to the trio as they caught up. Alina talked a lot about her marriage, and saying how great Naraku was, which made Koga furious and Inuyasha jealous. Why can't she talk about me like that? Inuyasha thought. She doesn't know how big of a mistake she's made. Koga worried.

Only a day passed before Koga began to suspect something bad was going on. Alina was, surprisingly, avoiding them after that long night with the two. He went to visit the hotel, to see that Inuyasha was already there. He blinked, and joined his furry-eared rival, and grinned. "Hey mutt-face, you worried too?"

"She promised to have dinner with Miroku, Sango, Kagome, and I last night, and didn't show up. Didn't even bother to call," the hanyou snarled in reply, ignoring the wolf's nickname. He then proceeded to bang on the door. "ALINA! OPEN UP!" he shouted, seeming impatient.

Alina looked up, sitting on the couch. She had a swollen cheek, carefully looking over toward a door that lead to the bedroom she shared with her husband. Naraku had always been the abusive type, whether mentally or physically. She wondered why he had to choose now to hit her, but pushed that thought to the back of her mind, sighing. She closed her eyes, willing the cheek to be less swollen, and smiled, making her way to the door. Opening it slowly, her smiled faded at seeing the upset and worried faces of her friend and brother. "Yes?" she asked sweetly and innocently.

Inuyasha growled. He was starting to get mad at her, despite the fact that he still loved her. She called their feelings "puppy love", stood him up, and now she was acting as if nothing was wrong?! Koga looked over, noticing that Inuyasha was mad. He thought quickly, and grabbed the duo, closing the door in the process, and brought them into a separate room, right across the hall, having reserved it so he could talk to his sister privately. Inuyasha blinked in surprise, and stumbled a bit. Only more stunning was when Koga left them, locking them inside the room, telling them to talk freely.

Inuyasha's ears twitched in anger, and he looked at Alina. She was still looking innocent, as if nothing was wrong. He couldn't hold it back anymore. He had to yell at her. "Who the fuck do you think you are?! First, you come back to Japan, looking all goddamn high and mighty, as if you were some fuckin' goddess or something!" Not that I don't think you are... "Not only that, but you come back with a HUSBAND! I mean, for cryin' out loud, if you're going to come back after so long, you shouldn't bring your HUSBAND here! We still care about you, y'know! And this guy wreaks of death, and corpses! But that's not even the point!" I love you still, Alina, can't you see?

"Then, then you go and call what we had 'puppy love'?! What the fuck, Alina?!" He reached out, grabbing her shirt, looking at her, not even noticing the terror in her eyes, being so involved in his own rage. "You know I loved you more than that! I did everything I could, just to see you smile, and yet you call it 'puppy love'?! Hell no!! And then, last night, you were supposed to come to dinner with us!" He violently shook her once. "Why the hell weren't you there?! Are we not important enough to you, now that you're married!? Huh?! Are we just rugs under your feet now?!!!"

Moments passed, Alina not saying a thing. The silence infuriated the hanyou further. "Damn it, bitch, ANSWER ME!!" he shouted as his fist swung out, punching her hard, without even meaning to. She fell to the ground from the blow, and it took him a few moments for him to realize what he'd done. He stared at her on the floor, his eyes wide in terror at seeing the pain she was in. Wh-what the hell? Something has to be wrong with her. She... she wouldn't just sit there and take everything I said. And like hell she'd let me hit her. Even if it was luck, she'd beat me 6 feet under! What's wrong with her? Alina...

Alina raised her head, a bruise already forming on her cheek, swelling more so now then before. She just stared blankly at the horrified hanyou in front of her. Slowly, one soft word escaped her lips, unable to be heard by a normal human, but he picked it up perfectly. "Yes."

Inuyasha's heart skipped a beat. "Yes"? We're... we're not good enough for her anymore? But, she was so... feh! Fine!! Who needs her?!! Stupid bitch... Inuyasha turned without a word, walking out and slamming the door.

Koga watched the dog leave, and looked inside. He frowned, seeing Alina weeping helplessly. He went inside, picked her up, then layed her in bed with Naraku. He had to get to the bottom of this, soon, before she left. Hold on, sis, hold on. He ran after Inuyasha after planting a kiss on her forehead.

Chapter End Notes:
See Chap 1 for disclaimer.