- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter (and 2-5) was written back in 2005, when I was 11. So excuse the silliness, and horrible writing.

A loud, sorrowful howl filled the air. Bodies and blood lied everywhere around them. The little 3-year-old girl, Alina Mitsumoto, and her 1 year old little brother, Koga Mitsumoto, stood there surrounded by the dead bodies of their pack. And their parents. "Nawaku will pay for this! He will!" Alina exclaimed.

Over one hundred years later, Alina and Koga lived together in their small apartment. Alina walked out of her bedroom, yawning. Her large, furry wolf ears twitched, and her long, fluffy wolf tail swished back and forth. She had long, black hair that reached her knees, and it was currently let down. She was 123 years old, but looked as young as 16. She was currently wearing a t-shirt that went down to her knees. She also had beautiful ocean blue eyes.

Koga, Alina's handsome little brother, was in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. His long, black hair wasn't as long as Alina's, but it was past his shoulders. He had it tied up in a ponytail, using a grey holder his sister gave him, and was wearing a brown headband around his forehead. Unlike Alina, who has wolf ears, his ears are pointed and elf-like. He was wearing tight jeans that showed his rump well, and a tight t-shirt that showed his muscles well. He was certainly a handsome catch to any woman.

Alina went over to Koga and wrapped her arms around him. "Gooood morning bubby.." she said with a yawn. Even if they were siblings, sometimes they acted like a married couple. Without the mushy stuff.

Koga rolled his eyes. "Geez, Alina, get yourself together. Last night you fainted at the party we went to, you were so drunk!"

Alina just grinned innocently. "Not my fault. That beer is good! Nothing like sake, I tell ya! Did you take any?"

Koga glared at her. "No."

"Poopie! Why not?"

"BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRINKING!" he yelled at the top of his lungs.

Alina flinched. Her ears drooped and she scurried off to the couch, and sat down. She whimpered sadly.

"Inuyasha saw you drunk last night" Koga said. "He commented about it, too! He said your morning hangovers are going to be horrible."

"Thanks.." Alina said, deadpanned. The door bell rang. "I'll get it!" Alina stood up and rushed over to the door, and opened it. Just as she hoped, outside was the most handsome man she had ever seen. He was wearing the total opposite of Koga's outfit. His pants were baggy, and his shirt was a bit loose. He had two little silver-furred dog ears on top of his head, and long, silver hair. He had fangs and claws, like most demons. And his eyes...Oh, they were such a beautiful gold. It was obvious to everyone but the knuckle head himself: Alina was in love with a dog. A half dog, in fact! Inuyasha, the most handsome, powerful inuhanyou she had ever seen..It made her heart pound whenever she was around him.

"Hey. Thought you could use some soup for those hangovers. It'll help your stomach!" Inuyasha said with a toothy grin.

Alina's head dropped. Sadly, Inuyasha was friends with a human health nut, Hojo. "Th..thanks.." she said, and slowly took the jug of soup Inuyasha had in his clawed hand. He was older than her, but only by about 27 years. He looked like he was 17, though.

"Oh, and uh..These are for you.." Inuyasha then handed Alina a bouquet of beautiful red roses, with a little card sticking out.

Alina blinked. She quickly took the card and read it. Roses are red, violets are blue, don't drink too much, beer is bad for you. Cute.. she thought.

"I came up with the poem myself!" Inuyasha said with a proud grin. Alina just nodded, staring blankly at the card. Inuyasha blinked. "Well..um..see ya Monday at school! Bye!" Inuyasha waved as he ran off.

Alina closed the door. "What's it say?" Koga asked.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, don't drink too much, beer is bad for you" she replied flatly.

Koga chuckled. "I don't know if that's pathetic, cute, or just weird."

"Shut up." Just like that, the hangovers came. Alina hurried to the bathroom.

The next day, Alina felt sick. But she hadn't had another drink, and hangovers shouldn't last more than a day. She was constantly hot, even if the temperature inside the house was 60 degrees. She didn't know it, but she was in heat. It was her first time ever, so she didn't know what'd happen. And her mother was dead. Koga spent most of his time on the phone with the doctor, who knew nothing about demons. He even tried the vet! Nothing.

"Yes..yes..alright. Thank you.." Koga said and hung up the phone. "Damnit, why can't they tell me what's wrong with you?" Koga was sitting by Alina's bed, worried.

"Dun worry, Koga. I'm just..-hack hack- fine.." Alina tried to reassure him that it was going to be okay. Inside, though, she was panicking. She wanted to know what was wrong with her.

Inuyasha walked in the room, a man beside him. The man had short, black hair, and what he did have was tied in a tiny ponytail. His eyes were a dark, dark purple, almost black. He was 17 years old, and to some girls, was a very handsome catch.

Alina groaned. "Great, make me worse by bringing Miroku in here."

"Hey now! I just want to see what's wrong with you!" Miroku replied in his defense.

"Touch my sister in any inappropriate way, Miroku, and you're hand is going to be shredded off" Koga threatened.

"Alright." Miroku went over to Alina. He examined her for a moment, then blinked. "Well, I think I know the problem."

"What is it!" the Mitsumoto siblings asked together.

"She's.." Miroku's voice trailed off.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer:
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.