[Reviews - 328] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary: Two years after the downfall of Naraku, Kagome is still fighting demons, in both the literal and figurative sense.  Seperated from her group, she finds herself in big trouble and runs into the most unlikely savior.  Accidentally, she enntwines their fates eternally...
Rated: R
Categories: Angst/ Drama, Adult, Romance > Sesshoumaru/ Kagome Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kohaku, Miroku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No
Word count: 205162 Read: 14774
Published: 28 Oct 2007 Updated: 24 Jul 2013
Story Notes:
To my deviantART, PaperDemon and FanFiction readers:  This story is going to be very lemony.  Because I cannot post that type of work here, I will be editing out the citrusy parts.  If you are reading at one of the above sites and wish to view the chapter in its’ entirety, please look up the story at the following sites: (PaperDemon) The Red Curtain; InuYashaFanFiction; MediaMiner; A Single Spark.  You can also contact me through email or private message, and I will provide a link to the story.

1. I by PitaBread [Reviews - 287] starstarstarstarstar (10803 words)

Kagome's in trouble... again.  But Inuyasha's got his hands full.  Who will save her?!  Certainly, it can't be... it is!  And now that he's hurt because of her, what will she do?

 

A/N:  I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean for this to be as funny as it is in some parts.  Honest – this was supposed to be a romantic drama, but it has turned into a romantic dramedy, lol.  Big thanks to luvtodraw, my friend and supporter.  Without her consent, I may have trashed this idea.  If you don’t know some of the Japanese terms, I’ve included a ‘what’s-what’ at the end.  Thank you to all who read this, in advance.

2. II by PitaBread [Reviews - 3] (9296 words)

 

 

A/N: For those not familiar with me, I am also working on an older story (Choices) and a brand-new story, No One Like You (not submitted yet). So I’m sorry if I become slow with the updates. I’m trying, though. For my debut of That’s the Way Love Goes, I got many encouraging reviews, and I want to take the time to acknowledge those that supported the first chapter of this story. I hope they will continue to read. At FanFiction: Kikinu, Shrimps of mass destruction, moondust369 – thank you all! At MediaMiner: whimsy007 – thank you for the constructive criticism! I will strive to keep my characters as realistic as possible. buzzk97 - I’m glad you like this one, and I hope you continue to enjoy it. At A Single Spark: Noacat – Thank you so much!!! Reviews like yours are pure love to me! I’m so happy, I’M the one that should be crying, LOL. SesshysKagome: Glad you enjoyed it! ^_^ WiccanMethuselah – Your words made me giggle with glee!! I’m so happy you enjoyed it so much. I’m trying to get the chapters out ASAP, but as I’ve said, I have other projects… Thanks you SO MUCH for all the compliments! It means so much to me. At deviantART: luvtodraw, LazyJenny, and no1sangel – thank you all for your support! I hope this chapter answers a little more of your questions. BTW, just so you all know, I encourage emailing me personally. I don’t mind! Enjoy! Remember, Reviews are Love! <3 Pita

3. III by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (10471 words)

A/N: Please remember – Kagome is a little older, therefore a little more mature, which means her thinking is more mature as well.   Now, for my reverent thanks to those reading: To those at MediaMinerbrainshake – Thanks so much!  And OMG, I am so embarrassed!  O///O  You are totally correct!  I will fix my story, but I’m unsure of when I’ll be able to fix the uploads…  So glad to hear about you over here!  It’s for the best, since eventually there will be lemons, which I have to edit out.  daniella m – I will have the chapters out as soon as I can.  Thanks for the great rating!  buzzk97 – Thanks so much!  I’m glad you are still reading.  Ah, how correct you are!!!  Although Miroku is the one who started it…  ^_^;  But yeah, they’re gonna get it.  Thanks for continuing to read!  HypedUpGirl – I’ll get them out as soon as I can!  Kagome357 – I’m glad you find it funny as well!  I really didn’t mean for it to turn out this way, but I guess with a ‘new’ Sesshoumaru, funny was natural.  I can see where that would be a bother.  I’m used to most of my readers already knowing what they mean, which is why I have the definitions at the end, if any.  I will try to cut back.  Thank you again for reading!  At FanFiction: flirtymiyu, ForlornDarkness, snow cat demon, EternalLove495, Sienna-shirou   At deviantART: luvtodraw, no1sangel,  At A-Single-Spark: swasdiva – thank you so much!  I’m actually a horrible battle-writer.  And even though there is a lot of fighting in the manga we know and love, I’d rather work on the relationships rather than draw out a war.  Well, I don’t think Sesshy would EVER admit to liking Kagome before his accident, so I guess we’ll never know, huh?  I know, I’m evil.  Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you continue to enjoy.  And thank you for following the story at other sites!!!  WiccanMethuselah – Oh, how I love your reviews.  They are love.  Thank you so much!  I must admit, you are one of the people I really was looking forward to getting a review from!  And you didn’t disappoint.  It makes me so happy to know you find such enjoyment in this story, as I do.  I hope that in your eyes, I continue to “outdo” myself.  And by the way, thank you for waiting patiently.  Dottie – Thank you for being constructive in your criticism!  I actually didn’t get your email address- I’m not sure if you put it in the review or if you sent me a message.  I have noticed that my paragraphs can be long – believe me.  It’s just that I so often try to get the chapters out that I pay more attention to the spelling and grammar.  I will definitely keep all this in mind.  I would welcome your help.  All in all, I’m glad you’re enjoying the story!  At AdultFanFiction: TheMikoShivae – Thank you!  I’m glad!  ^_^  YumeMaru – Thank you so much!  I tried to keep him a little bit in-character, although the point is that he isn’t in character because he doesn’t even know what his character is!  I’m glad you’re enjoying it, and hope you continue to like it.  We shall see what happens, ne?  Thanks again to swasdiva for reading on here as well!  And to Megan – Thanks!  I sure will, I just go back and forth between stories!  At PaperDemon, thanks to:  jns3372, ladybattousai.

 

Once again, my inspiration for this fic:  That’s the Way Love Goes

“Come with me don't you worry,I'm gonna make you crazy,I'll give you the time of your life.” –Janet Jackson

 

4. IV by PitaBread [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (13117 words)

IMPORTANT!!!!!  There is a lemon near the end.  If you are reading this on PaperDemon, deviantART, or FanFiction, this lemon will be edited out.  If you would like to read the story in its’ unedited format, please visit MediaMiner, The Red Curtain (PaperDemon), InuYashaFanFiction, or A Single Spark.  Thanks.

 

Thanks

FanFictionkittyb78, flirtymiyu, MoonDust369, darknessofmyheart, kyo12591, sessysgurlapril13, chibi strawberry nekoPaperDemonjns3372, Lady Battousai

deviantARTKatevan, lonelygirl818, Cali2007, TAngelCreations, Kohiiko, luvtodraw

 

Replies:

MediaMinerbrainshake: Ah, I’m sorry I didn’t update sooner!  I just have a lot on my plate right now, and I have an older story that I’m working on (Choices) that has some rabid fans I couldn’t ignore.  I happened to be updating that story, and didn’t get around to this one until now.  I’m glad you like my interpretation of Sesshoumaru’s life.  I don’t really enjoy the ‘castle’ theme either – I think his mother may have one, but not him; he’s a bit of a wanderer.  And yes, it’s going to be… uh… different when he gets his memory back.  I hope you all like what I do to his character, although some may hate me.  Like I’ve said, this ‘sweet Sesshoumaru’ is a product of his amnesia, and is not a complete character change.  He’s OOC because, well, he’s not himself!  LOL

buzzk97: I’m so glad you enjoyed it!  ^_^  Yes, everyone’s question is ‘What will he be like when he’s back to normal?’  Well, I’ll be answering that eventually, but poor Sesshoumaru, he’ll have to be an amnesiac for just a little longer.  Maybe in chapter 5 or so… 

redrose: Thanks!  The only reason I don’t put a ‘dictionary’ in the beginning is because people tend to not read what I write – they go straight to the story anyways.  I had put one at the end of Chapter 1, but I still had people asking me “What’s this mean?”  LOL  Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink.  If you have a list of words you want to know the meaning of, don’t hesitate to contact me though my email (it should be in my profile).  That actually goes for everyone – I love when you guys email me, although I still love the reviews.  ^_^

 

ASingleSparkswasdiva:  Have I told you how much I love your long reviews?!  I squee with delight when I see a review from you!  Thank you SO, SO much for the great compliments!  I, too, feel for Kagome.  I love SessKag, but I often feel bad for both Inuyasha and Kagome when I write for them.  I guess there’s no winning, huh?  And I adore that you understand Sesshoumaru as I do.  I’ve gotten some not-so-much-compliments about him being OOC, but I keep trying to explain that it’s because he’s NOT in-character right now… it’s all in vain.  Besides, like you, I feel like he was probably trained to suppress emotion, since he grew up a warrior.  Perhaps this is his true self.  ^_^  And don’t worry about your thesis – I wish I had a thesis from everyone that reviewed, or even read!  XD   If you ever feel extra-emotional, you can always email me!

  And a BIG thanks to Quimera-chan for sending me the loveliest review – straight to my personal email – and for all the support!  I’m not sure where you read this story, but I thank you for letting me know how much you like it! 

A/N: (***) is going to denote a dream sequence.  Thank you for all the love and support for this story.  I’ve gotten many lovely reviews, mostly from fellow SessKag lovers.  I’ve wanted to do a SessKag for some time now, and I’m glad that my first one is so well-liked.  I told you I wasn’t abandoning this story – I was just really on a roll with Choices, Choices… (my AU) ^_^  Wild horses couldn’t drag the SessKag from my soul.  P.S.  Longest.  Chapter.  EVER.  I hate the end.

5. V by PitaBread [Reviews - 0] (8354 words)

A/N:  You guys rock.  I wonder if you’re telling people about my story, because even though there aren’t many reviews, I still get notifications of favorites and subscriptions and watchers and whatnot.  I thank you all so much for that.  Holy angst, Batman!  The end of this chapter killed me.  AGAIN, reviews are fuel and love.  Sorry, again, for leaving it where I did.  Believe me, it was necessary…  T-T

Once more, (***) will denote a dream sequence OR a flashback.

Thanks for reading!:

FanFiction.net: kittyb78, knifethrower, moondust369

InuYashaFanFiction: BrownEyesOnlyForSesshy15, Muts

dA: cali2007, Sharia, luvtodraw, no1s angel

The Red Curtain: jns3372

Replies:

A-Single-Spark:

DivaGI’m glad you like it. Yeah, I never saw Sessh as a ‘castle’ kind of guy.  Cooped up in a castle with a ton of youkai around him?  He’d kill them all!  No, he’s better with just Rin and Jaken.  You’ll see where the story leads, as far as any previous attraction.  In the meantime - thank you for understanding!!!!  It is so rare that someone understands that he’s not in character because of his condition.  Again, thanks!  I’m so glad that you’re looking deep into the characters, too.  If you keep reviewing, I’ll keep writing.  Thanks again! 

MediaMiner:

brainshake – Yep.  I’ve been hyperventilating over the past couple of weeks to see what would happen.  I’ve got some good stuff to use now.  ;)  Hmm… I can’t wait for him to get his memories back.  I miss the old Sessh.  XD  So I’m eager to write him for you guys.  But… patience is a virtue…    Oh, yeah – LOL  I realized that later!  I was like…  >.>  Umm… How did Ah-Un get in there???  XDDD

buzzk97 – Thanks so much!  ^_^  I love it when fans are reading more than one of my stories.  I love writing for slightly-bigger-Shippou.  He’s gonna be a real heart-breaker when he’s older.  ^_^  I know what you mean – I often find myself feeling bad for Inuyasha.  But, he had his chance.  And he blew it.  It’s Sessh’s turn. ;)

KittenSeras – Thanks!  And I hope to get another review from you soon!  : )

 

 

6. VI by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (9385 words)

 

A/N: Wow!  Your responses to this story are amazing, people!  Thanks to your word of mouth, I’m getting more and more reviews, faves, subscriptions, etc.!  You guys are amazing, and it’s a pleasure to write for you.  ^_^  I always say reviews are love, and you guys have really been showing me some love.  Thanks so much, all of you.

Don’t forget – (***) will mark the beginning of a dream or flashback, depending on the situation.

“One more night, one more night…
I've been trying for so long, to let you know…
Let you know just how I feel.
And if I stumble, if I fall, just help me back;
So I can make you see
…”  -One More Night, Phil Collins

 

7. VII by PitaBread [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (9813 words)

8. VIII by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] (8781 words)

A/NDon’t forget – (***) will mark the beginning/end of a dream or flashback, depending on the situation.   LOLWhut?  Sango and Miroku already have 3 kids by now?  Kagome didn’t stay after Naraku was defeated?  I have no idea what you mean… *gringrin*  Lalala… 

 

SO SORRY this took so long.  To be perfectly honest, I just hadn’t felt like writing.  I actually forced myself to a couple of times, and if any part of this chapter is crappy, that’s probably the forced part, lol.  Also, I had been waiting to see how Inuyasha turned out, so that was the problem in the beginning. 

 

I’d also like to apologize: I’m not answering any of the reviews from MediaMiner.  Not your faults, it just takes a while and that keeps me from posting this that much longer.  So instead, I just want to give a big THANK YOU! to everyone that’s still interested in this and was patiently waiting.  I want to especially thank those that emailed me personally to tell me how much they love one story or another.  Thanks everyone, and enjoy!

 For anyone that is interested: I’m a moderator over at Inuyasha-fanfiction(dot)com under the name PitaBread, and it’s a great source for IY-based fanfics.  It’s a great community, really friendly.  Come check us out! lulz

9. IX by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (14457 words)
“You let me violate you, you let me desecrate you;
you let me penetrate you, you let me complicate you.

Help me; I broke apart my insides. Help me; I’ve got no soul to sell. Help me; the only thing that works for me:

Help me get away from myself…” -Closer, Nine Inch Nails

 

A/N: As always, Sesshoumaru’s dreams are marked with an asterisk (*).  But we have a new marking!  Ampersand (&) will mark where mature content begins.  Now that the characters in the series are officially of-age, my writing shouldn’t be affected and I don’t have to post ‘clean’ versions. 

Sorry for the huge delay.  To be honest, I’m going through a tough situation personally, and I’ve been kinda depressed, so I haven’t been able to write.  Sure, I could have just written some crap and given it to you, but that’s not my style.  Sorry.  I hope the lemon in this chapter (and it’s a damn good one, if I say so myself) makes up for it.  :]

10. X by PitaBread [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (10607 words)
 

 

A/N:  I love all of you guys.  I'm sorry I have no specific shout-outs, but I've been working non-stop on this, and I literally wrote half of this chapter tonight - or should I say this morning.  I've been working on it since about one in the morning, and it's now a little after 7.  So I'm a little exhausted, though I'm really happy with this chapter and story in general.  I DO, however, want to give extra-special thanks to my reviewers at Dokuga that have not only welcomed me with open arms but some of the readers that knew my work already encouraged me.  So much love to all of you - you're the best.

 

Reviews are fuel and love, which is how I was able to get this out to you all so quickly.  Thanks so much, everyone at mediaminer, deviantART, fanfiction.com, and especially my home site, Inuyasha-fanfiction.com.  Thanks for all the support!

 

*MINOR WARNING FOR LANGUAGE*  lolz, sorry, it's an Inuyasha-heavy chapter.  ^^

11. XI by PitaBread [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (8924 words)

A/N:  Wow.  And when I say ‘wow’ I mean… WOW.  You guys are incredibly awesome.  You’ve shown incredible support for this story in so many ways – I get the best reviews, and emails, and private messages.  I’m so thrilled with your enthusiasm!  Unfortunately, I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve realized that my ‘Thank You’s and such were taking up too much space – sometimes a whole page.  So I’m sorry I won’t be responding anymore to your comments (although I occasionally may answer questions here) on the sites where I can’t immediately respond – MediaMiner, adultfanfiction, and Dokuga.  But I hope you realize that I DO read every single one.  How do you think I’m able to get these chapters out so quickly when they’re so huge?  YOU GUYS.  All of you that leave such lovely reviews.  If you don’t believe me, visit this story on one of the other sites, where I have the option to respond: Inuyasha-fanfiction (where I’m a moderator), deviantART, fanfiction. Net.  I read all of them and respond where I can.  Because reviews = love and fuel.  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever you celebrate!

12. XII by PitaBread [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (8969 words)
 

A/N:  I'm so absolutely wrapped up in this story that I haven't been able to stop myself.  I realized recently that although I had another story out and my chapters in both stories are quite long, I need to get going.  Because when both this story and my other are over, I still have other stories planned.  It'll be hard - it makes me nervous to start a new fanbase and I always worry what you guys will think.  Anyways!  Jeez, all that sounds so final - I'm sorry, this story is not over, although Choices is probably about 2/3 of the way finished.   And WOW.  Not only was the general consensus that I should go ahead with the InuKag lemon, but I was shocked (and a little disappointed, I might add) that so many people want her to stay with Inuyasha!  Boy, are you guys in for disappointment in the future.  Sorry, but as I've said, this is, ultimately, a SessKag story.  You guys must not read my notes, because I keep having to repeat myself.  How many times must I say that this is definitely, and will remain, a SessKag pairing?!  Oh well.  Don't blame me when Inuyasha...  Never mind.  I don't want to spoil it.  *chuckles darkly*   But I MUST WARN YOU ALL: If you're going to get attached to the InuKag pairing, this isn't the story for you.  You're going to be sorely disappointed (and I don't want to be blamed for more crying!) in a few chapters.  So enjoy the InuKag-iness while it lasts (as I am) but please, for my sake, don't yell at me later.

 

This song went so perfectly with Inuyasha's state of mind that I couldn't help myself.  I know many of you aren't too happy with the Inuyasha arc, but I'm hoping that you'll still read.  I was reigned in from posting the entire song here - it's so perfect for him, with all it's self-conscious questions, doubting, and hope.  I recommend it strongly.

"Would you tremble... if I touched your lips?

Or would you laugh?  Oh, please tell me this.

Now, would you die, for the one you love?

Oh, hold me in your arms tonight.

 

I can be your hero, baby.

I can kiss away the pain.

I will stand by you forever...

You can take my breath away

 

Would you swear... that you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie?  Would you run and hide?

Am I in too deep?  Have I lost my mind?

I don't care, you're here tonight."  - Hero, Enrique Iglesias

 

Surprise!  A second set of lyrics for this chapter.  Why, you ask?  Because there is a distinct set of feelings in this chapter - Inuyasha and Kagome's love and acceptance, and Sesshoumaru's denial and hate.  Don't worry, I'm not trying to make Sesshoumaru any worse of a bad guy than he is.  I'm just trying to give you a little insight into what he's going through.

"Well, I never saw it coming.
I should've started running
A long, long time ago.
And I never thought to doubt you;
I'm better off without you
More than you, more than you know.

I'm slowly getting closure.
I guess it's really over.
I'm finally getting better.
And now I'm picking up the pieces
And spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together.
'Cause the day I thought I'd never get through,
I got over you."
  -  Over You, Daughtry

13. XIII by PitaBread [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (10915 words)
 

A/N: Lucky number thirteen, eh?  Haha, we'll see.  Personally, my lucky number is 9, so I hope that's some sort of indication.  I'm going to have a warning where any InuKag lemony bits are, so PAY ATTENTION!  Some of you - like me - are die-hard SessKag fans and would rather not read the InuKag interactions.  Therefore, I've made it so you can skip over those parts and still not lose any part of the story.  A warning in advance that next chapter will start with a lemon.  And Happy New Year, everyone!

 

A HUGE thank you to all my lovely MediaMiner friends!  You've embraced this story the way it was meant to be, and I love you guys for it.  DivaG, Michael99, buzzk97, WiccanMethuselah, mariposa_miko, handypup, Snowfall, Quimera-chan, and youkailover1... You guys float my boat!  XD  And another special thanks to xXCrimson.StormXx over at ff.net - thank you for taking the time to message me personally!  You made me blush, with all your lovely comments!  ^^

 

OOPS!!  I'm sorry, but I made a mistake in the last chapter I'd like to correct.  I don't know what I was thinking at the time, but I hadn't meant to say that Souta was off to college the next year (he's not old enough!).  What I had meant was that he received a sports scholarship for a high school not in Tokyo.  I had meant to say he was going away to High School, not University, so I'm sorry for that (he's graduating from Middle School).  But instead of correcting it in the chapter, I'd rather tell you here.  So sorry!  Stupid brain!

 

Kagome's song for the chapter.

"So I walk up on high
And I step to the edge
To see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
As the tears roll down.
'Cause it's the world I know.
It's the world I know."
- The World I Know, Collective Soul

14. XIV by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (7960 words)
 

A/N: Aaaaaaaand we start with a lemon for 2009.  The whole first quarter of the story is lime-y, and I marked the end, so if you're not interested, just skip to the marked break.  There's a bit of a comment at the end of the chapter, if you'd like to read it.  I just want to let you guys know that I'm having problems with my computer - it's complicated, but basically, it's virtually impossible now to have both Word (my processor) and the internet open at the same time.  You can imagine, this creates a problem for one such as myself, especially when some of the places I post at (dA, IYFF, Dokuga) need to be copy-and-pasted.  So bear with me.  It's not that I didn't want to write, it's that I quite literally could not.  Also, for the last time...  DO NOT (read: DO NOT) get comfortable with the Inuyasha/Kagome pairing.  Please, guys, I'm begging you.  I feel bad for the things I have to do in the upcoming chapters but your opinion (though regarded kindly) is not going to change my story.  It's been planned this way for some time, and no amount of begging, pleading, bribery, or threats (you know who you are!  LOL) can change that.  Please, for the love of Mother Nature, DO NOT ask me to change the story.  While I respect your feelings, whatever they may be - you love/hate Inu, you love/hate Sessh, Kagome confuses you - and I love all reviews, no matter what you say, don't expect me to change it.  This is a SessKag story, and it's an angst story (if you don't know the meaning of the word ANGST, that explains a lot.  It's all about emotional strife and turmoil - i.e. someone constantly second guessing themselves, putting themselves down, etc... - and that's the kind of thing I love.  Sorry.  If it makes you feel any better, I plan on (one day) beginning a series of shorter stories based on some of my favorite movies.  More details later.

 

Kagome's song of the chapter:

"Pain - without love.

Pain - I can't get enough.

Pain - I like it rough;

‘Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all..."  - Pain, Three Days Grace

15. XV by PitaBread [Reviews - 1] (8353 words)
 

A/N:  So....  I know it's been a while for you guys, but this is the first chapter of the New Year for me.  I'm going to try not to make the chapters too long, because it seems like this story will be over by the early 20-odd chapters.  I'd like for there to be more chapters than that, so if you notice the slight decrease, you know why.  Don't forget: this story doesn't really have any action in it; there's no big baddie to fight.  It's a drama.  And so, there's gonna be less chapters anyways.  Also, I wanted to make a little note about my not-as-long chapters: you see, on deviantART, it's a BIG ol' pain in the proverbial ass to submit literature, and one of my problems is that if my chapters are too long, I have to post them in two parts.  As if putting in codes isn't enough, I have to worry about that, too.  To tell the truth, if I didn't have such great reviewers there, I wouldn't post there at all.  So that's another reason for shorter chappies.  And please excuse my lack of dialogue.  I assure you, no one is having any interesting conversations, besides the ones I've put in.  This chapter was mostly written to show you how Sesshoumaru lived through the centuries until Kagome's time, and to show you a little about what I think of Kagome's personal history. 

Also: Nippon = Japan, to the Japanese.

 

Sorry for the long song entry - believe it or not, this is a little over half the song.  But it's by one of my favorite artists, and it's one of my fave songs from her.  The song is so spot-on for Sesshoumaru that I had to post this batch of lyrics; he's really mentally beating himself, and if has a second chance, he won't screw it up again:

 

"I've been alone inside myself for far too long.

Never really wanted it that way, but I let it happen.

If I could do it all again, my life would be...

Infinitely better than before; wouldn't miss a moment.

 

Make time for laughing with my friends.

Make love, make music, make amends.

Try to make a difference, try to love, try to understand.

Instead of just giving up, I'd use the power at my command.

 

But there's always tomorrow -

To start over again.

Things will never stay the same,

Only one sure thing has changed.

That's why there's always tomorrow.

 

I guess it took a little time for me to see.

The reason I was born into this world, and what I'd have to go through.

Before I finally realized that I could be...

Infinitely better than before, definitely stronger.

 

I'll face whatever comes my way.

Savor each moment of the day.

Love as many people as I can along the way.

Help someone who's given up,

Even if it's just to raise my eyes and pray.

 

But there's always tomorrow.

To start over again.

Things will never stay the same,

Only one sure thing has changed.

 

That's why there's always tomorrow...

Before your last setting sun.

And everything your heart is longing for,

Has yet to be won."  -  Always Tomorrow, Gloria Estefan

16. XVI by PitaBread [Reviews - 0] (7784 words)
 

A/N:  I'm getting there.  I know you are all VERY (that's right, all caps, since you guys are screaming at me) anxious to see Sesshoumaru again.  But it's gonna be a little longer.  Why?  Because once he shows up, there isn't a whole lot left to the story.  So really, unless you want the story to be over, you shouldn't be begging for his return.  Don't worry, I know how you feel.  You'll see him one day, and you'll love me again, I promise.  Well, maybe not right away...  Also - please keep in mind that I try to be very canon, and therefore only go by the manga.  So later, when you're asking ‘what about...', remember that although I love the 3rd Inuyasha movie very much (Sesshy galore!) it didn't actually happen. 

 

I want to address a reader on Dokuga, since I can't respond directly.  Aurora Antheia Raine, YOU ROCKED MY SOCKS.  Seriously, I've been feeling pretty bad about myself with this story, and then you came along.  You completely understand the story like no one else, and you totally made my year.  Don't worry that the year just started - your review (and by the way, I LOVE long reviews, so don't sweat it) will last me throughout 2009.  And I'm actually glad you dislike the InuKag goings-on.  This story was meant for the SessKag lovers, and the reaction was supposed to be, "WHAT?! THEY CAN'T BE TOGETHER!"  But don't be afraid to tell me if something feels off - I'm pretty good about constructive criticism.  I was so impressed by your comprehension of the story that I don't even think FanArt could make me feel this good.  And that's saying something.  *wink*  (I would have addressed this earlier, but this is the chapter I was working on when I received the comment.)

 

Again, the perfect soundtrack to Sesshoumaru's thoughts.  I recommend it highly.  As usual, I wanted to put more in, but I refrained.

"I dreamed I was missing.

You were so scared.

But no one would listen,

‘Cause no one else cared.

After my dreaming,

I woke with this fear.

What am I leaving,

When I'm done here?

So if you're asking me, I want you to know...

 

When my time comes,

Forget the wrong that I've done.

Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed.

Don't resent me;

And when you're feeling empty,

Keep me in your memory.

Leave out all the rest...

Leave out all the rest." - Leave Out All The Rest, Linkin Park

17. XVII by PitaBread [Reviews - 0] (7493 words)
 

A/N: Thanks to everyone who's still willing to read.  I realize I haven't been updating consistently, but I have a lot going on in both my real world and in my writing world.  Thanks to my SuperFans (with a capital ‘S'!) that truly understand this story and my motives, especially the fabulous WiccanMethuselah over at MediaMiner, who has followed me since I posted Chapter 1, and 1Alisha on FanFiction, who made my heart swell with pride.  And a big thanks to my Dokuga readers, who haven't given up on me!  And NO, this is not the end.  We still have a bit to go.

 

"And I'll take with me, the memories...
To be my sunshine after the rain.
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday."
  - Hard To Say Goodbye, Boyz II Men

 

18. XVIII by PitaBread [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (8755 words)

A/N: Thanks to those of you that are still reading, reviewing, and loving this story.  Fans of Inuyasha, please – no death threats (you think I’m kidding, but…).  Thanks.  Quiet Storm (MediaMiner) – I love you dearly.  I hope this turns out the way you like, although I know you’ve become fond of ‘human’ Inuyasha. 

ATTENTION!  I know this isn’t what you want to hear, but I have to go on hiatus for a few weeks.  I’ve had some problems recently (I had out-of-town company for a few weeks, then I was sick for a couple more, then my mother was nearly hospitalized…) so I hadn’t been able to update.  NOW, I need to leave you all again, so I wanted to post this before I stopped.  We’re finally moving!  It’s silly, since it’s only a few streets down, but we’re moving in ten days – it came up very suddenly, so I’m not prepared.  It’s going to take all my attention, so I’m only going on the computer to read through emails, check messages/reviews, etc.  So I’m sorry that the next chapter isn’t going to be out as soon as you would hope.  But I’m not giving up, I promise.

 

19. XIX by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (9859 words)
 

A/N:  Some of you - who, I'm guessing, didn't keep up with the scanlation of the Japanese manga - don't know who Magatsuhi is so I'm going to explain a little about it in the chapter.  So, if you're up-to-date, I'm sorry for the repetitiveness.  WARNING!  CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE END OF THE MANGA!  I WRITE IT AS IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!  I DID NOT MAKE IT UP!!!  If you're not up-to-date, you may not want to read this chapter!  Please read End Notes for more info!!! 

Also: I'm REALLY sorry about the wait, but I had major surgery on June 10th, and the recovery took a while.  As soon as I was well enough to sit at my computer long enough to write, I did, but I have SO MANY PROJECTS.  And my life is a bit more hectic these days, so I'm not able to just sit and write as I used to.  But I promise you, the drive is still there - I'm not giving up on my stories.  To make it up to you - a long chapter!

 

"Show me the meaning of being lonely.
Is this the feeling I need to walk with?
Tell me why I can't be there where you are...
There's something missing in my heart."                                                               
- Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely, Backstreet Boys

20. XX by PitaBread [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (11045 words)

A/N: I know it's repetitive, but sorry about the wait.  I hardly have any time to myself these days, which leaves little time for writing, no matter how much I want to.  I literally have to choose between taking a shower, and writing.  Showers always win.  But I am very eager to get along with this storyline - just know that I haven't abandoned it, I just have too many projects and too little time to work on them all.  Most of my notes are at the end of the chapter - please read them!

 

The song d'jour - or song d'chapter.  Let's pretend Kagome has hazel eyes instead of blue for now, shall we?

"Seems like just yesterday, you were a part of me;

I used to stand so tall, used to be so strong.

Your arms around me, tight. 

Everything it felt so right.

Unbreakable, like nothing could go wrong.

 

Now I can't breathe, no I can't sleep; I'm barely hangin' on...

 

Here I am, once again. 

I'm torn into pieces; can't deny it, can't pretend - just thought you were the one.

Broken up, deep inside...

But you won't get to see the tears I cry: behind these hazel eyes."  Behind These Hazel Eyes - Kelly Clarkson.

 

That's the Way Love Goes

Chapter XX

21. XXI by PitaBread [Reviews - 1] (10021 words)

I can’t apologize enough to my fans.  You go through periods of life where the things you want just aren’t possible, and what I wanted was to finish this for y’all.  Hopefully I can stay on track now.  For anyone that has been waiting years for this, I am truly sorry, and thank you for still reading.  Know that I HAVE been thinking of you guys.   I really have the best fans ever.

The song for this chapter is for Sesshoumaru; I never knew Pink could sing like this, and the dark, angsty lyrics come through with her scratchy, pop/rock-goddess voice.  Listen, if you haven’t heard it yet.

 

“We come to blows,
And every night
The passion's there,
So it's got to be right…
Right?

No I don't believe you,
When you say ‘don't come around here no more’.
I won't remind you
You said we wouldn't be apart.
No I don't believe you,
When you say you don't need me anymore.
So don't pretend to
Not love me at all.”  -
I Don’t Believe You, Pink