- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a fan. I don't make money from this stuff.
Ayame frowned at the tuft of fur in her hand.

“The scent is fading some and the hair is starting to disintigrate,” she noted as some of the pieces drifted from her clutches. “Oh, no, Kouga’s fur! I must get a fresh batch!”

Her green eyes sparkled and she called up her wolf companions to follow her as she left in a flurry of wind and petals.

She’d gotten the hair a long time ago when she was little and treasured it. It was the only thing she had of him besides a promise. A promise he’s not going to honor. Grandfather was so mad and made me rough it in the woods until I get Kouga to honor his promise. The damn girl Kagome! She stole my Kouga!

She scented for Kouga and when she found him, he made a beeline for him. She was determined to get a fresher memento even if it pissed the wolf prince off. She loved him, but she was pissed at him, so she punched him in the face. Ginta and Hakkaku gasped as they watched, and then hurried to hide.

“What the hell?” Kouga yelled out. “Ayame! Why’d the hell you do that?”

“Are you still fixated on that floozy of a mortal? Grandfather won’t let me return until you honor your promise to me. If you still are, then that’s why I hit you,” she feigned as if she were bored, checking her claws.

“I love Kagome. She’s not a floozy! Take it back!” Kouga warned.

“No. And I’m not here to fight you, just remind you of your promise that night of the lunar rainbow,” she pouted.

“Your visit was pointless. I didn’t promise anything. You’re crazy!” Kouga growled.

Ayame hated when Kouga called her crazy. She knew what he said to her all those years ago. Her blood boiled and she ran at him like a blur and tore a chunk of fur from his ass. She fled from the area, but grinned sadistically when she heard Kouga howl in pain.

“At least I got what I came for right now,” she put the ball of fur to her nose and smelled it.

She sighed, and then tucked it in. She would wait another day to approach Kouga with a better tactic. She was determined to make him her mate.