- Text Size +
Give unto me your troubles
I'll endure your suffering
Place onto me your burden
I'll drink your deadly poison

That night Kagomes dreams where plagued by incoherent images of her standing over one of her companions. They where all dead, in many of her dreams their throats where ripped out and the chunks lay next to them. She would wake up on the verge of screaming but when she looked around everyone was ok so she would ease back to sleep and it would start over.

Kagome lay back down in her bed for what she swore was the hundredth time. She watched the fire as her eyelids grew heavy and slowly closed. When she opened them again she had her teeth dug into Kouga’s throat; she wanted to let go she tried to let go but her mouth tightened as he grabbed her arms and tried to plead for her not to kill him. In one final squeeze she could feel his vocal cords snap and crumple. She started to pull away she pressed her clawed hands to his neck to help tear the chunk of hot moist flesh off him.

Oohhhhhh god she thought, I killed him. She saw that he was torn to bits; he would have bleed to death with in the hour. Then she felt something hit her back as some one was hoping to knock her out but it only fueled her rampage. She whirled around ripping the unknown figures stomach then jumped on them pining them to the ground. There was a solid thud next to her. When she came face to face with the person it was Sango and in her peripheral vision she could see the giant boomerang sticking out of the ground. Kagome couldn’t control her self she grabbed her friends neck digging her claws in. Then she pulled Sango by her throat so that she was sitting.

“Ka… Kago…” she tried to talk around Kagomes claws but the young demon just tightened her grip grinning.

Just then a small object came flying at her. Kagome looked over momentarily and grabbed Shippo then threw him into the trunk of a tree; she could hear his back snap. Kagome felt sick she could feel the hot salty tears run down her cheek as she looked back to Sango and thrust the heal of her palm under the young exterminators jaw. Kagome could hear the cracking of more bones; the sound of ripping skin and tendons rang in her ears like the cries of a dying angle.

She stood up and stumbled back agents a tree. She heard footsteps and looked over to see Inuyasha walking up to her. His eyes where dark and sad as he pulled out Tessaiga, she could see a small tear slide down his face. She knew what was coming, she tried to stop but she just lunged at him… she was looking right at the edge of his blade when someone grabbed him from behind and pulled him away from her. She collided with the person, she knew who it was as her head hit the hard armor.

She looked up at Sesshoumaru and grabbed one of his arms then thrust her hand toward his neck. But he grabbed it with his free hand then pried Kagomes other hand off of his shoulder and pushed her to the ground. She snarled and stood up then charged him but he lifted his hand and one of his fingers and sent a small jolt of power that touched the moon on her forehead making her collapse. He sat cross-legged and pulled her into his lap. He ran a hand down Kagomes blood stained face and pulled her close so he could whisper in her ear.

“Kagome…” she could feel her heart speed up as he wrapped and arm around her, for an unexplainable reason fear flooded her mind. “Kagome it’s ok.” He waved his other hand in front of him and the blood was gone. “Kagome its ok it never happened everyone is ok.” She looked around and saw everyone next to the fire.

“I… but I.” He placed a hand on her arm and pulled her closer.

“No you didnt its all a dream.” She looked at him as he moved his arm around her waist with the other and wrapped his tail around them.

“Why do you do this?” she shifted and looked away. She had the sudden erg to run.

“Because…” he tightened his grip on her. “Don’t be afraid I wont hurt you Kagome.” She looked back at him remembering when he had held her off the ground by her throat. He seemed to know exactly what she was thinking. “Kagome… if I wanted you dead don’t you think I would have done it?” she looked at the campfire and leaned on him despite the fear that over whelmed her. “Now sleep.” She looked at him and blinked. She could have sworn he smiled at her.

“But … I…” he shifted her so she was lying in his lap like a very young child would.

“Sleep… I want you to sleep peacefully.” She turned to him feeling drowsy all the sudden. I don’t want to sleep she thought as panic started to brew in her blood. But she nestled her head where his leg met his hip.