- Text Size +
Why should I care if they hurt you
Somehow, it matters more to me
Than if I were hurting myself
Save you (save you)
I'll save you

As she watched her reflection wondering what came next there was a rustling in the brush and an oni as big as she was jumped out at her. She yelped and her first thought was I don’t have any weapons… run. She remembered that she had teeth and claws as the thing hit her mid back knocking her to the ground. She struggled to shake it off and tried to reach the thing but it was useless. She was about to try and roll into a tree to get it off her when a silver streak flue over her and snatch the thing. Kagome stumbled back and watched the silver creature shake the thing to death. She tripped over a root when the thing turned to her and she realized that it was Sesshoumaru.

“Are you ok Kagome?” she tried to clear her head by shaking it and rested her self on a tree.

“Why do you care?” she spat then looked up to see him staring down on her, she cowered for a moment. But she straitened up puffing her chest out and took a defiant step toward him as she pushed her fear into a bag. But he just eyed her gently.

“I don’t know.” He pulled back his lips and it looked like he was snarling but some how she knew it was a smile and couldn’t help but crack a small nervous grin. “Walk with me Kagome.” She stood and fallowed him shocked that he was calling her by her name. She walked warily next to him ready to bolt like a frightened doe.

“So why are you being nice to me?” he looked at her for a moment and she moved away.

“I have my reasons.” She grumbled something inaudible to her self. “Partly because you need to know how to better defend your self now that you have the means to.” He wanted to see what she could do… he wanted to see if she could measure up to normal youkai standards. “And you wont have to depend on the mutt” Kagome stopped dead and had to sit down.

“Train me, are you ill?” he eyes her. “You hate me remember.” He frowned.

“No.” she rolled her eyes as she stood up and trotted back next to him because he kept walking. She didn't know if he was saying he didn't remember or if he didn't hate her. Her fear was starting to turn into anger.

“No…” she snorted, “that doesn’t tell me anything.” he looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

“No I don’t hate you.” she twisted her face thoughtfully.

“Ok now explain why?” it couldn’t just be because I’m youkai now, could it?

“That is my secret, you’ll know when I want you to.” He has an alerter motive… I knew it!