- Text Size +
Give unto me your troubles
I'll endure your suffering
Place onto me your burden
I'll drink your deadly poison

“Kagome are you ok?” she shook her head.

“I don’t feel too good.” Kagome started to sway back and forth then she collapsed into young wolf prince’s arms. “Mm thank you Kouga.” He wrapped his arms around her.

“Anything for you.” Kagome looked up to see that the moon was starting to disappear.

“A lunar eclipse…” she whispered and everyone looked up seeing the moon behind her start to vanish.

“What the hell?!” Inuyasha jumped up looking at his hair to see that it was still silver.

“Its ok, this is what happens when earth moves between sun and the moon.” Every one nodded, she had managed to explain the basics of space when one of them referred to the world as flat. Inuyasha sighed in relief just as Kagome doubled over hugging her self.

“Kagome!” Kouga bent down next to her. She blinked and looked at him as her wide stormy blue eyes shifted to a vibrant purple and her pupil narrowed into slits. Then black started to creep over the purple covering it.

“I…” she pushed away from Kouga and knelt resting her head on the grass as a dizzy spell clamed her. “I really don’t feel good.” She started to shiver and sweat; she felt like she was going to vomit. She felt like she was on fire.

Kouga looked up at the moon and it was swiftly disappearing. Kagome put one hand on the ground so she could hold her self up and she gently pushed Kouga’s chest with the other moving him further away. He frowned as he let her push him away, then Inuyasha dashed over and knelt next to her to try and comfort her but she put her other hand on the ground then pushed him too. Except he ended up in the bushed about ten feet away.

Kouga looked wide eyed as Inuyasha grunted and cursed, then he looked back at Kagomes hand clutching a tuff of grass as Kaede made her way over from the hut to see what all the noise was about. Kouga’s eyes widened as her nails started to turn into claws. Kaede moved to put her hand on the girls back but Kouga grabbed her hand shaking his head.

“Inuyasha tried that and he ended up in the bushes.” Kaede looked from Kagome to the bushes where Kouga was pointing and sure enough Inuyasha groaned as he slowly stood up picking leafs and sticks out of his hair.

Kouga stood up and moved back from her not wanting to suffer Inuyasha’s fate, he sat down again thinking that waiting it out would be the best thing to do right now. Her breathing became labored as her shaking became more violent and sweat drenched her clothes. Kouga clenched his teeth as a feeling of helplessness swept over him.

“Kagome…” Kouga desperately wanted to help her but he knew there was nothing he could do.

Then Kouga and Inuyasha caught a whiff of a very unwanted person. They turned around to see Sesshoumaru watching a thin blue cloud start to swirl over the young girl. He seemed to be only mildly interest but in reality he was fascinated.

“Sesshoumaru…” but Inuyasha had no chance to finish his threat.

“The first time is always uncomfortable.” He started to walk over to the cloud as it thickened “Even painful.” Kagome whimpered from with in the mini cyclone as if to prove Sesshoumaru was being truthful.

He had read that most who underwent this sudden transformation died and this girl with her miko powers would almost certainly die if he didn't do something. He was to intrigued by her ‘condition’ to let her die.

When he had discovered that tome buried deep in his fathers study after he died he was caught. That tome spoke of humans with demon blood that did nothing he was intrigued and wanted to know more but something had been spilled on the following pages. In time the desire to know faded in wake of getting used to his new responsibility’s. Then was forgotten all together but when she appeared on the scene something compelled him to pick back up on the research. The research he did in his spare time had become a pet project.

Sesshoumaru stopped next to her as she closed her eyes and started to grind her teeth. He knelt down and settled one of his hands on her shoulder as she opened her mouth to scream. Sesshoumaru tensed as he drew some of her pain from her, he wanted to know if the legends where true. Or was this just a curse set on her? If it were a curse her blood wouldn’t change. It wouldn’t ‘speak’ to him. But if the legends where true…

Kagome could feel Sesshoumaru's hand on her shoulder but she didn't know it was him. She flinched as the excruciating pain dulled a little. She wondered who’s hand was on her as she felt some one in her mind.

Sesshoumaru ground his teeth together having forgotten what his first time felt like. As her pain escalated he clenched his jaw; even sharing the pain it felt as if he was reliving his first change. The young miko would surly have died had he not intervened. Kagome grunted and all of her muscles convulsed accompanied by a tail then her face started to grow longer throwing everyone for a loop.

The swirling blue ora that was surrounding her thickened enough to obscured their view of her and it started to grow. As Kagomes pain started to fade Sesshoumaru stood and took a few steps back. What he felt settled on his shoulders satisfying his curiosity, well most of it. It was true she was definitely a unique creature. Kouga took Kaede by the shoulder and pulled her back with him.

Finally the cloud thinned to reveal a large black dog. It or she rather was a little more that half the size of Sesshoumaru when he is in his true form. It all happened so fast that they just kind of stood there staring. Kouga was wide eyed; his mind was boggled as new tones to her sent bombarded him. The rest of them where just shocked. Kagome looked around blinking at everyone; she looked down to see Sesshoumaru walking up to her.

She started to back away until she realized she was bigger than he was. She looked at her self and yelped, Sesshoumaru's golden gaze met Kagomes new lavender eyes as she looked at him. Sesshoumaru looked to her forehead seeing a white starburst that surrounded a black circle. He looked up at the moon as the dark form started to move away; it looked like the covered moon.

“Sesshoumaru what the hell just happened?” he looked at his impertinent younger brother and raised an eyebrow saying nothing. “Sesshoumaru if you don’t answer me…” Sesshoumaru glared at him.

“You’ll what?” Inuyasha scrunched his face in determination. “I don’t think you want to upset your friend any more than she already is. Do you?” Inuyasha frowned and stepped back not wanting to upset Kagome or she might hurt one of them with out thinking.

Sesshoumaru looked back at Kagome and narrowed his eyes. She looked down on him puzzled as to why he was there. She lay down carefully so she was on everyone else’s level. Kouga walked past Sesshoumaru who had contemplated stopping him but didn't. The wolf demon knelt next to her giant head and started to stroke just above her eye. She sighed and realized that Sesshoumaru could talk in this form, can’t hurt to try she thought. She grunted as she raised her head off the ground and opened her mouth a few times before figuring out how to talk with a muzzle.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” Inuyasha sat on the ground next to Miroku as Sesshoumaru gracefully walked away toward Kagome.

“There’s nothing wrong with you.” her eyes widened; he was looking at her funny. Scary she thought to her self.

“What do you mean?” Kouga eyed him having seen the way he was looking at the girl “I look like you,” she glanced at her self again. “Just black.” She looked back at the tall ethereal figure.

“I mean that this is normal… for one like your self.” She shifted uncomfortably as his eyes bored into hers. There was something in his eyes that frightened her it was something primal.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” he grinned suddenly making her pull her head back and almost whimper. His face in that instant was the scariest thing she had ever seen. EVER.

“I noticed shortly after we met that you where difference from other humans…” she eyed him suspiciously. “So I did some reading and I have been observing you. I read some legends referring to a demon throw back, once in a wile a person has youkai blood in their lineage that would normally not affect them.” Her eyes widened as she shifted her weight. “But occasionally one would… have a power flare and it would essentially make them full youkai for the remaining years of their life which would be extended.” Kagomes jaw dropped.

“But I…” he raised an eye brow at him. “There’s no way… I’m from 500 years in the future…” Sesshoumaru raised his eyebrow at this new bit of info.

“Apparently your wrong.” Sesshoumaru walked up and gently laid his hand on her paw making Kouga growl and Kagomes eyes widen. She wanted to run but her body wouldn’t listen.

“Sesshoumaru get your paws off my mate!” the demon lord looked back at Kouga who had his hand clenched I front of him the knuckles turning white.

“I don’t smell your mark on her,” he looked back up at Kagome as she eyed him. “Kagome.” He spoke her name so softly it made her shiver and everyone else’s jaws nearly hit the ground especially Kouga’s. She wanted to run but she felt like she way made of lead.

Kagome remembered the all-important question that she thought she knew the answer to… are you sure? Now she didn't know; she felt different. She shifted and looked at Kouga then stood up and quickly bounded away. He started to go after her but Sesshoumaru thrust his hand out in front of the young wolf prince baring his path.

“What are you doing she’s my mate and she needs me.” Sesshoumaru looked at Kouga and shook his head.

“She needs to be alone,” his eyes had a cold amused sparkle. “But I will check on her when the time comes.” Then the taiyoukai was gone.

“Kouga I think that he’s right…” the wolf looked at Sango and his tail lowered a bit, this girl knew Kagome better than anyone. He sighed.

“If you think that’s best Sango.” He was none to happy about it but he sat next to the fire. Everyone knew that him and Inuyasha would be very cranky the next morning seeing as they weren’t going to be sleeping. The rest trotted off to bed.

When Kagome stopped she was next to a stream so she leaned down to drink, she cursed having a muzzle as she tried to drink with out getting water everywhere. She lied next to the river when she was done and watched the reflection of a giant black husky with shimmering lavender eyes and the strange moon on its forehead. That’s me she thought. It’s me but its not. She was her self but she was more than that now. She sat up examining her self in the water, her reflection looked like the finest show dog she had ever seen. Much like Sesshoumaru but she had more delicate features.