- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Won 1st Place in the "Unexpected Discoveries" prompt at InuComedy Club (LiveJournal).

Word Count: 441

"Hurry up, Inuyasha! I need to take a shower before school!" Kagome yelled through the bathroom door.

"Feh! I offered to let you take one with me, but you didn’t want to," the hanyou replied petulantly.

"Now we both know that if I joined you I’d be late for sure," she replied in a much lower voice. Inuyasha scoffed, intending to make Kagome sweat it out for refusing him this morning, not that she did said no very often, or even ever. But he was taking a piss, and he wanted to enjoy it. He sighed in relief as he relieved his overfilled bladder, letting his head roll back as his eyes languidly scanned the medicine cabinet directly in front of him. Something on the bottom shelf caught his eye, causing him to stare slack-jawed in total shock. The feel of warm liquid splattering against his leg brought him back to reality.

"Dammit!" he cursed as he stopped pissing on the toilet rim and moved his towel back into place. He would clean up the mess later, but right now he had something more important to investigate. He could have sworn that pink and white box said "Pregnancy Test." Flinging open the cabinet door, he snatched up the box. Sure enough, the words did read "Pregnancy Test," a confirmation which sent a dagger through his gut. Sure, he wanted to have pups with Kagome, but not now! They had been a real couple for less than two months, for crying out loud. Oh, shit…Kagome’s jii-chan is going to castrate me, and her mother is going to tear off my ears and nail them to the wall… He and Kagome had promised both of them not to settle down and start a family until she finished her schooling. They had been careful, hadn’t they? They always used condoms when Kagome was "in heat," as he liked to call it.

Inuyasha took a deep breath to calm himself. Chill out…maybe they’re just precautionary. I bet they’re all still in the box. No such luck; the box said two tests and only one was left. Oh, shit… Storming out of the bathroom, he came face to face with Kagome, who was still waiting impatiently for him.

"What is this, wench?! Do you have something to tell me?" he growled, hoping fervently that she would smack him or yell at him or tell him he was crazy. Instead, she grimaced, and that’s when Inuyasha knew. She was pregnant.

"Oh, Kami. You’re mother is going to kill me!"

"Relax, Inuyasha. I’m not pregnant."

"Y-you’re not?"

"No. My mother is." Inuyasha promptly fainted.

Hey, everyone has needs…