- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was written for the InuYasha_Fanfiction community at LiveJournal. The prompt was "Bite" and the limit was 500 words.

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.

Best Laid Plans

The youkai couldn't believe his luck. Four... no five... no six prime targets, all of who appeared to be sleeping soundly and were totally unaware of his presence. He stealthily crept towards them as he determined who he should devour first. He stopped at the doorway of the hut and froze as the hanyou twitched an ear and wiggled his nose, like he might possibly be aware that he was there. The predator moved not a muscle as he heard the inu-hanyou murmur, "Kagome," in his sleep as he shifted positions and fell still again.

He took a step forward and had to halt again when the monk reached out with his hand and made a funny rubbing motion in the empty air before him. He mumbled something to the effect of, "Will you bear my child?" before pulling the outreached hand back to his side and then tucking it under his cheek.

The twin-tailed fire cat rolled on her back and stretched before she flipped over and curled back up, wrapping her tails around her face. Good, she was also unaware he was there, stalking the snoozing inhabitants of the hut.

He was able to take a couple more steps when a hand reached out in a slapping motion and nearly got him. His eyes widened and he froze in place, certain he'd been caught. "Hentai!" the woman said as her hand abruptly stopped, just missing him. She huffed and then settled back to her dreams as well.

He looked once again at the inu-hanyou who was asleep sitting up, leaning against the wall with a sword across his lap. He was whispering that name once again as he stroked his sword, but then fell still and silent. The hanyou smelled mighty tasty, but the predator knew he'd be a handful if he woke up too soon.

There was an old miko there, and the youkai shuddered at what she might do to him if he went after her first. In fact that monk would probably be a dangerous target as well. He remained frozen in place as his eyes darted around the room once again, looking for who would be the most likely victim for him to attack first without being detected.

‘Aha,' he thought to himself as his beady eyes landed on the red furry fox child. He was separated from the others, asleep in the corner where he could easily reach him and avoid contact with the more dangerous inhabitants of the hut. While the kitsune wouldn't be much more than a snack to larger youkai, for him he was just right. And since he was young he knew his blood would be sweet. His mouth started watering at the prospect as he clandestinely stalked his prey. When he was close enough, he leaped.

"Ow!" Shippou shouted, "Something bit me!"

InuYasha grabbed the intruder as he tried to make his escape through the doorway.

"Myouga! What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Well, you see..."