- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone asked me how Kagome could tell it was a boy. Thats because she could find that out from reading it's aura.

Sesshoumaru leaned against the wall as he allowed Rin to go show Kagome the gardens. He was sure she wouldn't escape in front of the little girl who was already fondly attached to her not to mention her broken arm. Sesshoumaru couldn't contain the small smile the came on his face when he found out his child would be a boy. He would have a heir to the throne, well only if he couldn't find a mate to birth him another son. Allowing a hanyou rule the western lands was something his father didn't do and he wouldn't do it either if he had the option. Also obviously by looks of how things were with Rin and Kagome females were a little bit too emotional for him. He really couldn't stand all the yelling and crying, then he reminded himself that was how the new baby would be no matter what gender. This was going to be hard. He or a servant would have to tend to the babies every cry and need since it would not have a mother. He couldn't make time for any of it either they were on the verge of war with the Eastern Lands if his conferences didn't go well and he would not want Rin and his son to have to live in a war ridden world that young of age.

He didn't know what to really do with Kagome as much as he knew what to do with Eastern lands. He would allow her to return to Inuyasha just as he promised, but that made him wonder. If there was one thing he wanted badly next to having a son that would be the Tetsusagia and he would defeat Inuyasha and get it. To do that he would have to defeat Kagome who would probably try to defend Inuyasha. He couldn't kill the mother of his son it just didn't sit well with him even though she was human. He still needed to find out more about her, but Rin interrupted him when he was doing that last time. In all of his journeys he never saw anybody wearing the kind of clothes she usually did. She probably had an unusual clan.

________________________________

Inuyasha rushed through the woods. He was still pondering in his head how he would get Kagome back and then how he would deal with Sesshoumaru. It was his idea to wait out the month and then come for her when the baby was going to be born so Sesshoumaru wouldn't get the chance to kill her. Then Kouga rushed out to find her and he didn't want Kouga to get there first. It was now a race to beat the wolf to Kagome and Sesshoumaru.

__________________________________

"Do you spend a lot of time out here Rin?" Kagome asked the small girl as she pranced through the flowers.

"Only when Lord Sesshoumaru says its safe," replied Rin as she stopped in a patch of flowers and began picking some.

"Sesshoumaru must care about you a lot then."

"He doesn't say so but Rin knows its true. When I first met him I died and he used his sword to awaken me. Did you know that everyone else that doesn't get healed by the Tensagia stays dead and never comes back. Thats what Sesshoumaru said when I asked."

"Not entirely true, but I guess the Tensagia is the best way to come back. I know someone who was brought back to life but she wasn't the same person she was before she died. I guess death changes people."

"Jaken says it changed me. He says I was nice and quiet before Lord Sesshoumaru brought me back."

The two heard footsteps. Kagome spun around and saw Sesshoumaru. He finally came into the gardens with them.

"Death changes people?" he asked, "that explains why I heard so much negative things about this woman that Inuyasha had before you."

"First of all she still is his woman pretty much because Inuyasha would go to her before me no matter what death did to her. And second of all how would you know about Kikyo?"

"It was her who put the curse on you wasn't it?"

"I don't think so. The one who did it covered themselves pretty well along with their scent, but it would explain the strange powers."

"Don't forget about the fact that a barrier was made so you could not get pregnant by Inuyasha."

"So your saying it had to be Kikyo."

"Thats what Kagura told me and everything she has said so far has been true."

"Oh."

"Its time for you to come back inside."

"Do I have too?"

"Yes. I will be leaving once more and this time for about ten days. I need to get my answers sorted out before I go."

"Well if you want to know about my family it will be hard because they live um very far away. Um you see I was kidnapped long ago when I was a small child by a centipede youkai and somehow brought to Japan. All I know is that I have a mother a grandfather and a younger brother named Souta."

"Here in Japan things are pretty unorganized when it comes to humans. It is unknown how many are in this country, but in other places everyone knows all the human families. I will just ask about the Higurashi clan."

"I am telling you your not going to find anything out."

"Tell me the truth about your family...I know your hiding something."

"I am not hiding the fact that the live far away."

"Out with it all what really happened?"

"Well you know how the clothes I usually wear are different from everyone else’s? Thats because everyone wears them in the future and that’s where I am from. I will be born in Japan five hundred years from now. My family protects an ancient shrine and on the shrine is a strange well. A centipede youkai from the past came through it and brought me this era where the shikon no tama came out of my body because I am the reincarnation of Kikyo."

“Your story before that was more believable then that.”

“Then believe the one before it. It doesn’t matter which one you believe because there is no way you will be able to find my family. I will answer any questions you have, considering the second story I told you was true and I can easily just go and visit them anytime I want if I pass through the well.”

“Inuyasha allows that?”

“Okay despite what everybody thinks I am not Inuyasha’s wench. I am just here to help him find jewel shards and defeat Naraku. I still have to go to my world to go to school.”

“Now I know your lying. Woman are never sent to get educated they are too busy with household problems.”

“Well I go to school. And I hate it.”

The future sounded too strange to Sesshoumaru. He didn’t believe that all females went to school so he quickly assumed that this woman who would be giving birth to his son was some kind of royalty. If she was royal then Inuyasha was a fool by dragging her everywhere in areas where I youkai could easily get her. At least he knew that if her family was royal then that meant nothing could possibly be wrong with her family.

“Don’t you want your family to know about your child?”

“Heck no. They believe I would just be using the curse as an excuse for covering up the fact that I was a slut or something like that. And anyways its your son not mine.”

“You are pretty eager to let me have our son.”

“Well we were fighting over him and you’re a youkai and I’m a human so I guess you automatically win. And with you he is more protected I guess. I would only end up getting him killed plus, his whole life I would have to hide him from my parents.”

“Very well. I have decided you are more trust worthy so I am going to leave your door unlocked. Go to the dining room for when your hungry and you may go to the garden only if Rin or someone else is present. You can not go outside from the garden under any circumstances do I make myself clear?”

"I understand."

"Good. And as I have said I will be gone for ten days, but the youkai guards here are just as strong as most you found yourself fighting over the months so don't even try to stray. If you leave you can spend the rest of your stay here in the prison and then once my baby is born I will make sure you don't live to ever see Inuyasha ever again."

"I understand you don't have to threaten me."

"Don't talk back unless I have given you permission."

"Whatever."

Sesshoumaru did not like her tone, but he wasn't in the mood to argue. He had only one day to prepare for the toughest conference ever and it would be hard if he was worrying about his brother's wench. He turned to make his way towards the door to go back in the house and Kagome got up and followed. She walked just steps behind him until he was ready to turn a corner to head to his office. That was when her voice stopped him.

"You leave a lot I have noticed."

"Your point?"

"Are you going to be there for you know...when I give birth?"

"Do you want me there?"

"Well its your child."

"Its going to be your screaming and your pain."

"Well I just thought since you went through all the trouble of kidnapping me so you could be with your son that you would want to see him when he sees the world for the first time."

"Do you want me to be there?"

"I wouldn't mind."

"Fine then I will be there."

"Okay then."

She silently left him to return to her room. Sesshoumaru just thought about the converstation they had. Weren't they suppose to hate each other, but yet she just invited him to watch as she gave birth to her first ever child. This was something youkai tried to never be present too. It always stunk because of the blood that would all come out at once not to mention the screaming from the mother and the child. These were the reasons why Sesshoumaru was glad he wasn't a woman no matter who easy life looked for them. Oh well he would do it for his first born child and he at least owed Kagome something for kidnapping her the way he did.

______________________________________

"Doesn't that sound interesting Sessy?" asked an annoying female voice that Sesshoumaru would have done anything to forget.

The voice belonged to a red headed cat youkai named Rose. It was because of her that he would soon find himself in a horrible war. One time when his father was at war with the North he needed the East for an alley and in order to do that he promised Sesshoumaru into marriage with Rose. Sesshoumaru disliked Rose more then any human. She was annoying and a little slut. He heard many stories from the servants of the Eastern castle.

When the time came for him to marry Rose he told her that since his father was no dead the contract expired. In a rage she reported to her father and now that’s how they were where they are now. Her father made up excuses that it was because of unpaid debuts and illegal substances that he was selling to their people, but he knew what it was really about. If things went the way he planned he wouldn't have to marry Rose and there would be no war.

"Sessy aren't you listening," Rose whined at the dinner table.

Sesshoumaru looked around and noticed Rose's father was no there yet.

"No I wasn't," he snapped.

"Your funny you know that," Rose giggled, "once daddy takes care of you and we get married please try to act that way afterwards during the party."

"Rose I will lay it out for you plain and simple. We are not getting married and nothing your dad can do or say can change that. Also stop calling me Sessy or you will wish you have never been born."

Rose flinched back just so she can try and hide the evil glare she wanted to give Sesshoumaru. How dare the stupid dog youkai threaten her. She didn't see why her little cute act didn't work with him. It worked with all the other men. All she wanted was Sesshoumaru to marry her so she could prove to all those who had underestimated her that she could settle down with a great man. That was all she wanted, Sesshoumaru wasn't even good looking now that he had lost his arm and always had an ugly replacement. Her father was a great man and now it looked like they were on the brink of war so if her plan worked then she would have all that she desired including the many men that probably lived in the western lands.

"Everyone stand for the king of the eastern lands lord Koji!" announced the court jester as though Rose and Sesshoumaru weren't the only two in the room.

Koji entered the room in a humanoid form with long silver hair similar to Sesshoumaru's. He was much taller and portly though. Sesshoumaru admitted the lord was ugly, but he feared the youkai form that the lord of the eastern lands. It was a tiger that could devour many villages at a time. His father probably couldn't even fight of that youkai, but still he would not marry Rose. Before Koji could have a chance to sit down Rose ran to him and whispered something in his ear. Sesshoumaru could even see the fake tears she was trying to put on. She was trying to tell her father about Sesshoumaru's rudeness.

"Well let me lay it out for you plain and simple," Koji's voice roared right when he was done talking to his daughter, "You know what all of this is about and your not stupid so it goes like this. Marry my daughter or prepare to fight a war."

"That is not an honorable cause to risk many lives," stated Sesshoumaru.

"A precious rose is always a good reason to begin battle," replied Koji.

"I cannot marry her," responded Sesshoumaru.

"And why is this? The expiration of your father's contract shouldn't be any reason to stop a marriage with my beautiful daughter."

It seemed there was no way for Sesshoumaru to talk himself out of this one. Either way he would have to marry Rose or suffer a long war that would be impossible to win. He would have to make up something and quick.

"I would love to marry your daughter-," said Sesshoumaru.

"Oh really Sessy," interrupted Rose, "that sounds wonderful.

"I am glad we see eye to eye," noted Koji.

"but," continued Sesshoumaru, "I already have a mate."

"What?," Rose and Koji gasped at the same time.

Sesshoumaru took up all of dinner time explaining to them that he met a youkai princess named Kagome and they would be married soon. He regretted using Kagome's name not even a second after mentioning it. If Koji wanted his daughter to marry him so badly then he would investigate Kagome. Thats why he wasn't surprised when Koji announced that they would move the conferences to the Western lands so Sesshoumaru could be closer to his mate. He couldn't refuse either or it would look suspicious. He planned everything through during desert. The rulers of the Eastern lands would be coming to the western lands the next day. So he would go back home right before the others went to sleep so he could get the castle organized. He would then find a way disguise Kagome's identity so they didn't smell any human. He needed to pull this off, the Western lands depended on it.

_______________________

Kagome stood in the middle of the garden and allowed the wind flow through her hair. It felt so nice being outside and not being chased by a jewel shard processed youkai. It was hard to believe that she was Sesshoumaru's prisoner. That fact didn't bug her anymore. All she had to do was give birth to his son and be on her way. Back to fighting youkai and being ignored by Inuyasha again. She really wanted Inuyasha to be the father. Now he would definitely leave her for Kikyo.

"There is just nobody out there for me is there," said Kagome.

"What are you talking about?" asked a familiar male voice, "I am always here."

Kagome turned around and almost screamed when she seen the familiar wolf youkai. It was Kouga. How did he brake through Sesshoumaru's guard? What did he want. Kagome didn’t even say anything she just stood there and studied Kouga. Of course he would be able to overcome some youkai servants of Sesshoumaru. He still had two jewel shards after all.

“Happy to see me?”

“Kouga how did you get in here? You didn’t hurt anybody did you?”

“I broke I couple of legs, I really wanted to kill a whole lot of them to save you, but I thought it would be best if I saved my rage for Sesshoumaru. Where is he?”

“Kouga you need to leave. You don’t belong here.”

“Nonsense. I beat dog breath here so you’re my women now. We can take care of this whole curse deal. I know a wonderful mage.”

“Dog breath? You mean Inuyasha is coming?”

Kouga heard the cheer in her voice. That mean for a few days she had doubts that Inuyasha was coming. This was his chance.

“Inuyasha? Of course I didn’t mean him I meant that I beat Sesshoumaru’s servants. You are going to give birth to his older brother’s child so of course Inuyasha isn’t going to come. He is too busy thinking about sibling rivalry.”

Kagome looked at the ground. So it was true. Inuyasha wasn’t coming for her. All because Sesshoumaru touched her when the curse was in effect.

“Well come on Kagome before Sesshoumaru comes out of nowhere.”

“Leave without me.”

“What?”

“Kouga leave!”

“I am not leaving without you! I came all the way here to make you my woman and free you from Sesshoumaru.”

“Kouga just go. Once I am done here in about a month I don’t care what you do with me just get out of here while you still can!”

“Do you really mean that? You will become my woman.”

“Whatever you want just go!”

“Well I guess this is good bye my lady Kagome.”

Kouga sped off in a tornado as he usual did as Kagome feel to the ground in the corner of the garden. Inuyasha wasn’t coming for her. The one that she trusted the most wasn’t going to save her just because of unsettled hate in his family. For once she was glad he wasn’t the father. Sesshoumaru cared enough for the ones that he loved that he would put up with a human for a month to get his child, while Inuyasha wouldn’t even see her. Of course he wouldn’t she wasn’t the one he loved. He loved Kikyo didn’t he? He probably just found out Kikyo created the curse and realized she did it out of love. Kagome couldn’t help but cry. She was loosing the only thing that kept her from returning home for good, and that was Inuyasha.

It was well after midnight when the lord of the western lands returned. He spared no second as he started to awake servants to get the palace ready for the visit of the Eastern land’s royal family and others who were involved with lands of the youkai’s. When he approached the Western lands his guards were trying to tell him something, but he paid no attention. Now his attention were on to finding Kagome so he could find out what to do with her. At first he pondered sending her to his second castle where he was locating Rin and Jaken then he would hire a female youkai to pretend and be his mate, but he knew Rose well and she would be able to sniff out a plan like that. There weren’t many proper female youkai around anyways.

On the way back to the western lands he finally came up with a plan and picked up some stuff he needed to pull it off. Kagome would pose as his mate and none of the other youkai would be none the wiser about her being human. That was why he was trying to locate her to get her ready. He checked her room. She wasn’t there. It was late at night she should have been asleep.

Panic raced through him. The guards tried to tell him about something, but he didn’t listen. Maybe Kagome escaped and they were trying to alert him. How would have Kagome been able to get past them. He would figure this out at once. Swiftly he tried to follow Kagome’s scent to the area where she might have escaped. He was led to the garden. He sniffed the air and he calmed down. She had not escaped she was in the garden somewhere.

Sesshoumaru seen a figure crumpled on the ground in the corner of the garden. It had to be her. Was she injured? He sniffed the air to find any scent of blood, but he could only smell tears. Oh great this was the last thing he needed right now. He walked up to her.

“Remove yourself from the ground,” he barked.

Kagome did as he said, but looked at the ground in fear that he would see her tears. Sesshoumaru was about to demand her to look him the eye, but Kagome responded.

“Inuyasha isn’t coming for me.”

“Something caused panic with the guards today.”

“Kouga dropped in. He told me about Inuyasha not wanting to come for me because I was giving birth to your child.”

“That wolf was here?” Sesshoumaru growled.

“He was trying to rescue me, but I sent him away remembering your threat.”

Sesshoumaru’s mood lightened a little. She had to give this girl credit she was very loyal. Not only had she obeyed his orders, but also she shed tears for the one who caused her pain.

“Don’t let me catch you out here after nightfall again. Do you want to make my child sick?”

“Sorry I didn’t realize what the time, but I do know it hasn’t been ten days.”

“About that. I need a favor.”