- Text Size +

"This is really rare Inuyasha" implied Sesshoumaru as he had Kagome captured with a strange youkai arm that he probably got earlier and kept his claws close to Kagome with the other"you actually left your wench unprotected."

"Let her go" Inuyasha growled.

Kagome started to struggle, but every time she moved Sesshoumaru's claws got closer to her neck. If she made one wrong move he would kill her.

"Why should I" asked Sesshoumaru"I overheard your little conversation about the girl's arm. If I understand right she can't really defend herself without it. This is my perfect chance to kill her now.

Kagome had no choice but to just stand there and watch. Inuyasha wanted Sesshoumaru to release her so maybe he did want her around. Could Inuyasha overpower Sesshoumaru though?

"I am giving you one more warning Sesshoumaru" said Inuyasha"let go of Kagome or you will be killed by our father's fang."

Sesshoumaru simply made a familiar evil looking as he roughly tossed Kagome to the ground. Kagome once again landed on her right arm. If it wasn't broken before it probably was now. It hurt so bad all Kagome could possibly do is black out, but before she did she saw a bright pink light. It was as though she was in the presence of a jewel shard.

"Like I had said before Inuyasha. If all I have to do is kill her to get you to fight I will do it, but from what I heard you were the one looking for me to fight. So what is the point in wasting my claws on nothing but a low piece of dirt."

"That low piece of dirt as you call Kagome has proven herself stronger then you many times. Was she or was she not the one who transformed the Tetsusagia back making it so I could defeat you."

"Because she like many humans rely on magic. Now no more talk. Draw the Tetsusagia."

Inuyasha did as Sesshoumaru said and held out the transformed sword.

"You know Sesshoumaru there is something I never could understand about this sword" said Inuyasha.

"What brother? How to wield it"

"No I can do that perfectly. Its just this sword is like our father. It transforms to protect Kagome just like my father protected my human mother. The Tetsusagia is also protecting me in the process. It is exactly like our father, but that can't be right though. After all while would my father want to take your arm off. Is it because father never approved of you"

"I have pondered that myself little brother and I have finally come up with the answer. He created the Tensagia just for the soul purpose of protecting me against your sword. Our father never wanted us to fight."

"If it is impossible then why attack me"

"You cut off my arm Inuyasha don't think I will easily forget that. Also I desire the Tetsusagia. It has been a desire for so very long to use to fang to cut off your arm."

"Well I hate to disappoint you Sesshoumaru, but your desires will be just that, desires" Inuyasha eagerly said to Sesshoumaru before turning to Miroku"Miroku please get Kagome out of here. I need to fight him."

"I understand Inuyasha" replied Miroku"but I am going to get Sango to do it. Don't forget about our problem."

"Dammit" cursed Inuyasha"I almost forgot about that. You were right this is not the time to be fighting."

Inuyasha sheathed the sword and walked along side of Kirara as Sango picked up Kagome and brought her on to the cat youkai.

"What is this Inuyasha" Sesshoumaru demanded to know"draw your sword."

"Miroku get on" Inuyasha simply said as the monk got on his back"sorry Sesshoumaru but you will have to die another day."

Kirara, Kagome, and Sango then took off and Inuyasha with Miroku followed after them. The moved as quick as they could to get out of the area. Sesshoumaru simply stood there and watched with an almost puzzled look on his face. This was the first time he seen Inuyasha ran away from battle. Something strange was going on and it revolved around that miko. He could tell by the way talking about her made Inuyasha withdraw and the fact that the monk had ridden on Inuyasha instead of the neko youkai. Sesshoumaru just shook his head. Why was that Kagome girl so important to Inuyasha?

-

"Inuyasha" Miroku said to get the hanyou's attention"I believe Kagome was crying earlier because she awoke and heard what you said about not needing her around."

"I was just stating what I thought you said though" Inuyasha replied"I didn't mean to hurt her. I know I have hurt her before, but I will not do it while this stuff is happening to her."

"So you are saying once everything passes and Kagome's child is finally taken care of things will go back to the way they were before" asked Miroku.

"Yes Thats what I hope for. I want to go back to arguing about her staying in her time for so long and about how Kouga keeps hitting on her. Thats way better then thinking about whose child Kagome is going to bear."

"Does this mean you will keep returning to Kikyo? Even if it is your child she gives birth too."

"If it was my child then no I would not return to Kikyo. If I were to keep going to Kikyo then that would mean I would be leaving Kagome. I have to much pride to betray the mother of my child. Sango how is Kagome doing"

Sango turned around and looked at the once again sleeping Kagome.

"Her arm is broken all the way this time Inuyasha. It will take awhile for her to recover. You better be ready to explain what you said to Kagome, because it looked like she was going to leave us Inuyasha."

"I know I will explain it too her."

"So Inuyasha are you saying you want to be the father" asked Miroku.

"If Kagome would allow me too I would want nothing more."

"What will you say to Kikyo if she appears after Kagome has had your child"

"I will do to Kikyo exactly like I will do to Kagome. I will explain things to her. If she doesn't take it well then she really isn't the Kikyo I fell in love with all those years ago."

"Miroku we might have a problem though" interrupted Sango.

"And what would that be"

"Was it just me or did I see Sesshoumaru touch Kagome."

"You have a point Sango."

"Feh. In case you two have forgotten the curse will only happen if there is a suitable father. I know exactly how this will work. The child is suppose to die when the parent is happy and in order for that to happen they have to be happy with the father of the child. Kagome would not be happy if Sesshoumaru was the father so the curse wouldn't work."

"I keep forgetting about how the child is suppose to die."

"It will be okay you two" said Kagome's weak voice after waking"Kaede will break the curse and then the child can live their life."

"So Kagome who do you want the father to be" Sango asked.

"I will not at all tell anybody in my time about any of this. I don't need that kind of attention. So the father has to be someone from this era so they can take care of the baby while I am away. Inuyasha I want you to be the father."

"Are you sure Kagome" Inuyasha questioned looking at her with concern as he ran along Kirara’s side.

"Yes Inuyasha I know you will be the perfect father" continued Kagome"there is a possibility you might not be considered suitable though so Miroku can you please touch me too just in case. It is clear that there is something going on between you and Sango, but if Inuyasha can't be the father then I don't know who else it could be. Plus the baby would have more of a chance if it was half monk and half miko."

"Very well Kagome" said Miroku"Inuyasha should try to touch you again and then I will touch you and hopefully a child will be born so you don't have to worry in fear anymore of a perfect stranger getting you pregnant."

-

"An old woman you say" asked Kaede after hearing the story about the curse Kagome was put under.

"She sounded like an old woman" stated Inuyasha"obviously she was crazy; after all she created a bird youkai and thought it was her son. I guess she wants Kagome to have a baby and for it to die so she will feel the same way."

"Someone who can create youkai and use strange children bearing curses" repeated Kaede"I have really never heard of such a thing, but I can feel the dark aura of a curse around Kagome so I believe it. So Inuyasha I believe you are going to try and be the father."

Inuyasha nodded and placed his hand on Kagome's shoulder. The feeling Inuyasha had when he touched Kagome was too confusing. He was happy that he could have a chance to be a father. He was really happy it be with Kagome someone he loved to be with and always feared he would one day lose if he didn't confess anything to her. There was also a lot of guilt. He made a promise and he wanted to keep it. If this baby was born he would say his final goodbye to Kikyo. It wasn't fair at all for Kikyo. She died because of him and finally when a once a million years miracle had happened and she was brought back from the dead he was with someone else. Kikyo once told him that her wish was for him to never forget her and he wouldn't.

Miroku put his hand on Kagome's shoulder once Inuyasha removed his. He didn't know what to feel about this. Ever since he laid eyes on Sango he had wanted to be with her, but one thing he has wanted more was a son. This would be really difficult. Miroku knew Kagome would want nothing more then to be with Inuyasha so hopefully she wouldn't just take his son away and be with the hanyou, but he himself couldn't take the baby away and be with Sango. If they both wanted to be with their child they would have to live in peace together. Kagome wasn't that bad of a woman, but she just wasn't meant for him. He cared for her too much though to not do her this favor.

Kagome didn't care who the father was. She was more concerned about the curse of the child getting killed. She wanted to be a mother, but she didn't want to be the cause of her child's death. There was only one thing that could possibly make this work if no cure for the curse could be found.

"Miroku" she said after he removed his hand"I think I know how this is going to work."

"How" asked Inuyasha.

"I don't want to be the thing that kills my own child so there is only one way to correct this problem. Inuyasha if this is your child I want you to take it and keep it away from me. Maybe you can be with Kikyo and you two can raise it."

"Let me get this straight Kagome. Before you got really hurt when I was with Kikyo and made promises to her and now you are saying you want me to be with her even after you give birth to my child."

"Thats the only choice. And Miroku if its yours please do the same with Sango. I will go back to my time so you can all stay as a group. There really isn't any more jewel shards to find Naraku has all the ones we are looking for. My purpose in this world has been served."

"Only you can purify the jewel Kagome" Miroku told her.

"No there are others. Kikyo is one."

"Fine Kagome, Miroku if that is what she wants then we will do that, but only if this curse can not be stopped. Its your child Kagome so you will make all the choices from now on."

"Thank you Inuyasha" Kagome replied.

"Now lets look at your arm child" said Kaede as she got all the supplies she would need to mend the arm.

Kaede and Kagome then went into another room so Kagome could get examined. There were a few moments of silence before Inuyasha decided to talk.

"Miroku did you feel anything strange when you touched Kagome"

"Not at all Inuyasha" answered Miroku"nothing at all."

"Why is something wrong Inuyasha" asked Sango.

"Don't tell us your having second thoughts" yelled Shippou"I would like to have a brother or sister."

"Its just when I touched Kagome I had this weird dark feeling surge through me after I was done thinking about some things. I feeling I have felt before. It is the same dark feeling I have before I transform into a full youkai or from when I am around Naraku or the dead souls that keep Kikyo alive."

"I didn't feel anything like that Inuyasha" Miroku told him.

"I just hope it wasn't the jewel shard rejecting me as a suitable father" sighed Inuyasha"there is no other explanation for that feeling though."

-

"What’s wrong with you Kikyo" Kagura asked the weak miko who was panting.

"What are you doing here Kagura" Kikyo questioned as she tried to pull herself together.

"Naraku wanted to see how everything was going along and from what I see it doesn't look like it is going well."

"Inuyasha touched Kagome so I needed to use my powers to create a barrier and its taking up my energy."

"Your energy is not going to become a problem is it."

Kikyo then put a smirk on her face.

"I don't need to give up anymore energy. The jewel shard has just chosen out of all the people who touched Kagome since the curse was placed.”

“Which one is going to be the father?

“Inuyasha was going to be the number one choice which is why I had to work so hard to enforce the barrier."

"Oh is the monk the father then"

"He was a choice, but it seems the shard has chosen another."

"This sounds really interesting" interrupted Naraku's voice.

"Well Naraku this should make you happy since you like to screw with people's lives and watch them suffer" noted Kikyo"you will get a laugh out of this when you hear who the father is."

"I could always use a good laugh."

"I don't remember his name" started Kikyo"but I believe he is the older brother of Inuyasha."

"Are you saying Sesshoumaru is the father" asked Kagura.

"Yes he is" responded Kikyo.

"This should be entertaining" stated Naraku"Young Kagome is the sweetest of Inuyasha's group while Sesshoumaru is nothing more then a human hating youkai who wants nothing more the perfection. The jewel shard must have wanted Inuyasha to be the father so bad it took the one who had similar blood. Kagura maybe you should go inform Sesshoumaru that he will be the proud father of another filthy hanyou. I would like to see how the lord of the west deals with this one."

"It will be my pleasure Naraku" replied Kagura as she created her feather and took off on it.

-

Kaede was busy wrapping up Kagome's broken arm when she just stopped and looked at Kagome.

"Child did you feel that" Kaede asked.

"Yes I did Kaede" replied Kagome after feeling something strange"I have just conceived. I feel it a third aura in this room. Can't tell if it is a boy or girl though. I can feel the youkai energy that means...Inuyasha is going to be a dad."

"Let me finish wrapping up your arm and then you can announce it."

Kagome nodded as Kaede put the finishing touches on Kagome's cast. It was clear that she wouldn't be shooting any arrows for a long long time. She couldn't go back to her era though. What would people say if they found out she was pregnant. She could already hear the rumors. It was good that Inuyasha was the father though. This way since it was his child she could convince him to stay at the village until the baby was born and her arm was better. According to Kaede it would only take a month for the baby to be born thanks to the power of the shikon no tama. It wouldn't be long until she found out what gender it was. Hopefully a girl.

"Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara I have to apologize to all of you" said Kagome when she came out of the other room after having her arm worked on.

"You didn't do anything wrong Kagome" responded Sango"and why didn't you say Inuyasha's name"

"Yeah am I not good enough for your apologies Kagome" Inuyasha asked in his annoying tone.

"I am apologizing because within a month thanks to me and this stupid curse there will be a little spawn of Inuyasha running around."

"Kagome are you saying that I am the father"

"Yes Inuyasha you are. I can feel demon in our child's aura. Lets just pray it won't be a boy."

Inuyasha was happy that a huge smile went on his face. He was so worried that he wouldn't ever be a father. It was such a happy feeling that he forgot about the guilt he felt when thinking about Kikyo's reaction. He couldn't control himself and he ended up getting right off the ground and hugging Kagome. Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck meaning she didn't care. She was just glad to be a mother. They forgot all about the curse for just a brief moment. They were sure they would be a way to get rid of it anyways. Kagome didn't want to think about it. After all if they removed the curse then she would have to keep her promise and leave so nothing bad could ever happen to their child.

-

"Lord Sesshoumaru what’s wrong" Jaken asked after he seen Sesshoumaru look up at the sky.

"Rin hide" Sesshoumaru commanded not moving his head at all.

The little human girl nodded and hid behind a nearby oak tree.

"Master" Jaken asked again.

"I smell Naraku" Sesshoumaru simply replied.

As though she was called Kagura then landed in front of him that very moment.

"So lord Sesshoumaru we meet again" said Kagura still hovering on the air in her feather.

"What do you want this time"

"I have some valuable information for you."

"Nothing you know will interest me."

"I assure you this will. Tell me Sesshoumaru did you have a run in with Inuyasha today."

"Yes as a matter of fact I did."

"Inuyasha is not dead so I see you weren't victorious."

"He ran like the little coward he is because of his wench."

"You do know what the wench's name is don't you"

"I believe I heard Inuyasha say it before. It's Kikyo isn't it"

"Wrong. Kikyo is the bitch he had before Kagome which is the name of the one he is with now. The story about Kikyo is very complicated, but it involves you."

"Tell me."

"Well you see Naraku tricked Kikyo into pinning Inuyasha to the tree and she died right after. Thanks to an evil witch named Urasue she was brought back to life and she wants nothing more then to send Inuyasha to hell. In order to do that she needed to get Kagome to stop paying so much attention to him so she placed her under a curse. You see if a male touches Kagome and they are a suitable father she will quickly become pregnant. Everyone who has touched her so far has been suitable except for Inuyasha. Kikyo made a barrier so Inuyasha could never be the father."

"This seems to have nothing to do with me."

"Oh no I was about to tell you the best part. Sesshoumaru you are the father."

"Your little story does not amuse me."

"Its all true. Like it or not Kagome is going to have your child which will be a hanyou."

"I will not have a hanyou as a child."

"Well Thats too bad because Kagome has already conceived. Thanks to the power of the jewel shard that created the curse the baby will be born in about a month. Don't tell me you are just going to ignore the fact that you have a child because it's hanyou. There is no honor in that. I am sure your child wouldn't mind though if it never knew who it's father was. Kagome thinks it's Inuyasha's child. So of course he will help raise it. Do you really want your own kid being raised by that hanyou Inuyasha? Well I would like to chat with you some more Inuyasha but I really need to get back. Naraku after all wants me to lead the pack of youkai that will kill Kagome before she can give birth to something with similar miko powers. Bye Bye."

And like that Kagura left just like she came. Rin came out of hiding and she and Jaken were fighting. Sesshoumaru wasn't paying attention to any of it. He was lost in his own thoughts. What if what Kagura said was true? He couldn't just abandon his child because it would be a hanyou could he? This was probably the same thing that went through his father's mind. He really had no choice but to take his child. He would not allow Inuyasha to raise it and the child would never know who it's father was. Sesshoumaru would raise his own child hanyou or not. It would be a strong baby though probably. It would be half powerful taiyoukai and half miko. Miko energy has been responsible for the death of most taiyoukais over the years so it was probably equal. It would be like the child was a full youkai. There was only one problem with this choice though and that was the miko named Kagome. He did not want to share his child with a human not to mention his hanyou brother's wench. He would just have to take it from her, but he couldn't wait till it was born. Naraku would probably want Kagome dead so he would have no choice but to kidnap the girl.