- Text Size +

“This is something I could see Naraku making us do,” Kanna pointed out as her and Kagura walked through the misty and silent village.

“Your wrong,” Kagura replied as she started to peer in and out of the huts, “Naraku would have ordered us to slaughter the whole village. Were just keeping a hold of their souls until we find what were looking for.”

They kept walking on and going into each look at the villagers who laid soulless on the ground. Kagura knew Naraku has been slain. She had felt her heart go into her body. Still she wanted to go on with her plan. She knew that Naraku couldn’t be gone, he was just too powerful. Kagura stopped when she saw a young boy lying on the floor by her feet. The boy couldn’t have been any older then six, but he looked so familiar. His hair was long and black and his face looked calm as though he was just peacefully sleeping. If only he was fully grown he probably would have resembled Inuyasha in his human form.

“This boy could work,” Kagura told Kanna.

“Do you want his body or his soul?” asked Kanna.

“We could use both,” answered Kagura, “we only need one soul and we can use all of the youkai bodies that we stole from Naraku to modify the body so Inuyasha’s youkai soul doesn’t cause any harm to it.”

“Sister what is the point in this? Naraku is dead and our hearts have been returned.”

“We didn’t see Naraku die and for all we know he could just be faking his death like he has done in the past. Also we wouldn’t want to waste the Tetsusaiga.”

“And we’re going to steal souls and bodies just to make sure someone can use it. Can’t we just hand it over to Sesshoumaru?”

“No. I asked him for help once and he just turned me away. He doesn’t deserve a sword as great as the Tetsusaiga.”

“So are you doing this to prepare yourself incase Naraku returns or to get your revenge on Sesshoumaru?”

“Both will do just fine, but originally I wanted to just know what if felt life to get the same thrill as Naraku when it came to creating a life.”

--------------

It would only be a few hours now. Soon Kagome would have to go through the pain of giving birth to children all over again, except this time it would be worse. She would be giving birth to two children this time. Then again it could be better since now she knew Sesshoumaru loved her and she loved him back. Right now she was back in his room and in his bed wearing something similar to pajamas. Sesshoumaru had left to get her something to eat, because now she could hardly walk. In solitude Kagome played Donkey Kong on her brother’s Game boy Advance SP. She hid it though right when Sesshoumaru came back. She didn’t feel like explaining to him what it was.

Sesshoumaru put a tray of what looked like chicken and rice on her lap. She quickly dug in and cowed down. She was pretty hungry after skipping lunch.

“Sorry I never had a chance to prepare your dinner,” Kagome told him as she finished her meal, “knowing you I bet you didn’t eat anything while torturing Naraku.”

“I am a youkai I can ago along time without eating,” he stated as he watched Kagome push the tray away and take Koinu out of the crib to feed him.

There were now three cribs at the end of the bed. That whole day they pretty much talked about where the children’s rooms would be and how the would be decorated along with their own room. They also agreed that every other day Kagome would take care of Koinu’s crying while Sesshoumaru do the same for the twins, while the next day they would switch.

“Sesshoumaru I have been meaning to ask you something,” said Kagome.

“Go on,” he replied.

“Well I don’t understand this whole hanyou thing. I thought youkai and hanyou grow pretty slow which was why you and Inuyasha look the way you do, but Koinu has already got fangs and is close to talking.”

“The growth of a baby youkai depends on the way he was born. You went into labor pretty fast and he came out pretty fast.”

“So he will grow up pretty fast then. Does that mean by the age of two he will be like us?”

“No. Lets see...I believe humans aren’t considered teens until they are eighteen. By the time Koinu looks like an eighteen year old I believe his growing process will grow from fast to very slow. You would appear elderly by the time he is considered nineteen.”

“So I will be old and then eventually dead while you and my children stay the same?”

“That’s what would have happened if I didn’t mark you. You have no demon blood, but when I bit you I transferred a special serum from my salvia to you. You will now have the same life span as me and your injuries will be able to heal faster. You still have all human blood though.”

“That’s good I guess. What about Inuyasha?”

“I want to spend sometime with you and the children for a few days then I will go out and eliminate him. I would still like the Tetsusaiga for myself.”

“More bonding? Okay then. Can we see Tamasha and Inferno again?”

“I really have no reason to go back to Mount Indigo, but maybe Tamasha can visit you sometime.”

“What about Infernoflames?”

“No. I don’t need him accidentally torching you and everything else. If you want you can invite some other friend too if you want. I am sure you will see him again though sometime.”

“Can Sango and Miroku visit? Or better yet can I go to Kaede’s village.”

“I don’t want you to leave the castle. At least not for a while. You may have freedom, but not until I am sure you can handle it.”

“What does that mean?”

“Soon I won’t be able to stay around the castle as much as I have lately and I know leaving you alone and locked up in the castle for long periods of time is not a good idea, but I won’t have you going outside getting killed and captured. I have many enemies and if they saw my mate walking around unprotected they would no doubt take advantage of that. You have probably learned my family has caused lots of trouble after the way you were captured by the panther demons long ago. That’s why I am hiring a miko to come here and give you a few lessons.”

“I appreciate it Sesshoumaru. Will our children be in danger too?”

“They will be fine. Unlike you they have the advantage of beginning their training early. I will personally train Koinu and our other son to be skilled fighters.”

“And our daughter?”

“Things will be more difficult for her. I want her to be as strong as a youkai, but there is also no sense in allowing the miko powers that she will inherit from you to go to waste. Unless you want her to live the sheltered life of a princess like what happens in most royal families. That is what I am doing with Rin. It is too late for her to begin real training and I don’t know how to teach a human demon moves.”

“Maybe she could take lessons from a demon slayer of some sort. I am sure Sango would do it. I don’t want any of the children to go without being able to defend themselves.”

“Very well then. Shall we go to bed?”

“I am pretty tired. Koinu never stopped crying all weak.”

“Its nice to see he just doesn’t cry around me,” Sesshoumaru pointed out as he picked up Kagome’s tray that she ate off of and sat it by the door for a servant to pick up while Kagome tucked Koinu into bed.

“Oh speaking of which if he cries tonight do you think you could take care of it for me? And don’t just think you can summon a servant to take care of it.”

“He will just cry more if I tend to him.”

“It will be fine I promise. Koinu has never cried while he was suppose to be sleeping anyways.”

“I will take care of it all. You should just rest.”

Kagome got into bed and pulled the covers over herself. Sesshoumaru went and put out all the lighting in the room. He then pulled some covers over himself and lay down next to her. Kagome was ready to sleep until she felt something hard against her leg. (Its not what you think I sware!)

“You’re going to bed with your swords?”

“Yes.”

Kagome then remembered how Sesshoumaru told her he didn’t feel that secure without his swords.

“You know if this is truly your only fear you should try and conquer your fear that way you will be invincible.”

“And how do you suggest I do that?”

“Well to start out with try taking them off and lay them somewhere else.”

“Lay them somewhere where they will be stolen or destroyed?”

“No just lay them by the bed and don’t touch them until you wake up.”

Kagome could hear the shifting of his body and then the sound of metal clanking on to the ground. He then returned by her side and put an arm around her. That brought out another question.

“Sesshoumaru there is also something else.”

“Why is it every time you are soupposly tired you won’t go to sleep?”

“This is important though.”

“Go ahead then if you really must.”

“Your planning to mate with me aren’t you?”

“Of course I am Kagome. I have marked you, but you aren’t truly my mate until we have mated. Is there a problem with that?”

“Its just that...well I know its all okay in the feudal era and everything, but where I come from it is improper for someone my age to do stuff like that.”

“This request I will not grant you.”

“But-”

“You don’t live in your time anymore. You live here with me and I consider fourteen the proper human age.”

“I can’t do that though. I am just not ready.”

“Well you need to become ready. If you don’t I might end up accidentally hurting you.”

“Because of your demon blood?”

“Yes. You might as well come to me willing because if you don’t I might not be able to control myself and could accidentally take you against your will.”

“I guess I have no choice then. Well I am going to bed now.”

“Good night my Kagome.”

-------------------------

Sesshoumaru had thought it was nothing at first, but he put his full attention on Kagome after she violently tugged on his robe.

“Sesshoumaru,” she said, “it’s happening again.”

Sesshoumaru knew right away what Kagome meant. He quickly got up from bed and left the room. Within minutes he returned to the room with a whole group of female servants. Half of the servants tired lighting up the room as quick as possible while other started to surround Kagome with water and towels. Sesshoumaru got on his knees and sat on the floor at Kagome’s side.

“Sesshoumaru,” Kagome cried in pain as she rose her arm in the air.

Sesshoumaru right away grabbed her hand and left Kagome grip the living hell out of it. She was clearly in labor once again and the sun hadn’t even risen yet. He kept giving Kagome the usual push commands even though he could tell she was trying as hard as she could.

“I would like to see you try and do this!” Kagome yelled at him as the pain became unbearable.

-------------------------

Kagome opened her eyes and saw Sesshoumaru staring at her.

“Did I die?” Kagome asked.

“No not this time,” Sesshoumaru replied, “you just blacked out for awhile there, but it seemed as though you were in control of your body. Both children have been born. No problems at all.”

Kagome looked around and saw that she was still in Sesshoumaru’s room and everything had been cleaned up. She also noticed Rin standing by Sesshoumaru.

“I have two brothers and one sister now,” Rin cheered happily.

“Can I see them?” Kagome asked.

Sesshoumaru nodded as he walked over to the crib and picked up one baby who was wrapped up in a blanket.

“Lady Kagome can I hold Koinu?” asked Rin.

“Do you promise to be careful?” Kagome questioned the little girl.

“Of course I do,” responded Rin.

“Okay then,” replied Kagome putting a smile on her face as a baby was handed to her, “and you don’t have to call me Lady Kagome.”

“You can call her mom,” Sesshoumaru interrupted.

Kagome peered into the blanket and saw her second son. A little bit of jet-black hair was visible on his head. Kagome looked in his eyes with amazement. His eyes were pure red.

“Red?” she asked.

“That’s what I though also,” said Sesshoumaru, “then I remembered my mother had red eyes.”

“I see, but he also doesn’t have any dog ears.”

“I see.”

“I also named him since you told me too. His name is Tsuin.”

“Nice I like that name. So are him and his sister identical?”

“No,” Sesshoumaru answered as he brought over the second baby.

Kagome’s baby girl was also wide-awake and the first thing Kagome noticed was her golden eyes. If it weren’t for Koinu being a boy and having brown eyes she probably would have gotten him mixed up with his sister because they both had silver hair and dog-ears.

“She looks just like you,” Kagome gasped, “what’s her name?”

“Miyori,” replied Sesshoumaru.

“Miyori,” Kagome repeated as she looked at her new children, “a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl. Same for you Tsuin.”

Rin then came over wearing her usual smile before she carefully placed Koinu on Kagome’s lap with the other two children.

“Don’t forget about Koinu,” Rin said.

“I wouldn’t ever forget about Koinu. He is my and your father’s miracle baby. And I won’t forget about you either Rin. If it weren’t for you Sesshoumaru probably wouldn’t have become so warm hearted. Now I can truly call him Lord Fluffy.”

Sesshoumaru muttered something that sounded like a sarcastic ‘very funny’ while Rin put some flowers on Kagome’s lap as well.

“Rin knows and that is why I picked these for you mom.”

“Thanks Rin,” Kagome said happily as she picked them up and laid them on a windowsill, “I will try and get a vase for them. I think I am going to need some rest soon.”

Kagome then looked at Koinu as he started to talk in baby language.

“Can you talk Koinu?” Kagome asked playfully.

“Ka-Ka,” Koinu responded.

“Trying to say Kagome? Try to say mommy instead Koinu.”

“Ka-Ki-Bli,” Koinu continued as he waved his arms a little.

“Come on Kagome say mommy,” Kagome said again as Sesshoumaru then gave the two his full attention, “or maybe you should say daddy.”

“Ma-Ma-Da-Daddy.”

Kagome put on a smile as she picked up Koinu who was waving his arms in the air happily. She then handed him to Sesshoumaru who was standing very close to her.

“Look there was his first word. See he does like you.”

Sesshoumaru let a smile escape on to his face as he held Koinu in his arms. For once Koinu wasn’t crying. This was an improvement. He had always thought Koinu would rather turn to his mom. There was now hope yet.

Kagome looked at Tsuin as he let out a little yawn. It was obviously nap time for the two twins, but right after hearing them yawn Kagome let out one of her one.

“You must be exhausted,” Sesshoumaru pointed out, “all of the children have been fed and are now sleepy so I think it would be a great time to feed you and allow you to rest.”

“I could use some food, but you know me. Once you think I am asleep I might not shut up.”

“I will remember to save important conversations I want to have with you until then.”

“That would probably be wise. I am going to make you supper tomorrow by the way.”

“Sure you will be up to it.”

“Hey I have dropped weight twice this month already, I have four beautiful children, a new wonderful mate, and soon Inuyasha will be at peace. There is nothing I could want more.”

“Rin can you excuse me and your new mother for a few minutes. She needs some quiet.”

“Okay dad,” Rin said happily as she skipped away knowing she could now call Sesshoumaru that.

“Uh oh,” Kagome stated, “you want to talk to me about something.”

“Its nothing bad. We need to continue the conversation we had last night.”

“You mean about the swords? I see you haven’t even touched the Tokijin or Tensagia. They are in the same spot. That is good.”

“I was talking about our mating.”

“I told you I guess I have no choice but to come to you willing so I will.”

“I don’t think I could hold off on you for three years, but I realize it is probably too soon for you and I will try.”

“You might loose control though won’t you?”

“Maybe in awhile, but after just now watching you and all four of the children. I think my desires have calmed down a little, but that doesn’t mean I still don’t love you.”

“I understand what your trying to say, and all of that is good I guess. Here let me help you with the children.”

Kagome got up for the first time since last night and tucked in Tsuin and Miyori while Sesshoumaru did the same with Koinu. She laid back down when he left go get her something to eat once again. Upon his return he found her already asleep. Sesshoumaru sighed as he put the tray up on a bedside table and checked on the children once more.

Both Koinu and Miyori had gone to sleep, but Tsuin was still wide-awake. Sesshoumaru stared at Tsuin’s red eyes. If it weren’t for Tsuin’s hair being black he would have doubted that child belonged to either of them. He knew it was possible for family traits to skip a generation, which would explain the red eyes, but his eyes didn’t remind Sesshoumaru of his mother. They reminded him of something else.

He then looked at Miyori. He would tell she would grow up to be a beautiful girl. Hell even if she didn’t he was just glad at least one of his children got his families golden eyes. She would be a great fighter too. He would make sure she would get as much lessons as possible from both him and a miko. First he had to make sure Kagome was trained though.

He wasn’t sure what the future held of Koinu. He would go through training just like the twins, but still who knew. He wanted his children to grow up and be proper, but yet a strong warrior just like him he somehow doubted it would come true though. Was it because Koinu and Miyori looked so much like Inuyasha?

Sesshoumaru just shook his head as he thought about what needed to be done today. Absolutely nothing. He was planning to spend the day with his family, but everyone was sleeping. He had just not woke up too long ago and youkai really didn’t need to sleep, but it was just so tempting to lay next to his new mate and feel her warmth against his body. He finally went to his bed and lay right next to her closing his eyes. Both were so calm and peaceful nobody noticed the strange reddish glow the Tokijin was giving off as it pulsed all of a sudden.