- Text Size +
 

Chapter 63

Naraku’s Destruction

As the battle was progressing, the crystal blinked. Inu pulled out the Teesi, and used the Flying Red Bird, which looked like the outline of a bird, but it was red, with fire in the middle. Naraku was unaffected by it, and after it hit,” Sesshomaru appeared, and said, “Naraku, your time has come. You can’t beat any of us now, not with that curse on you.” Naraku stared at him, and said, in question, “Curse?” “Naraku, Inu and I put a curse on you, that day at Mount Hakerai the day it was destroyed,” Kagashe said.

Naraku looked at her, and the expression on his face was true fear. “DRAGON SCALED!” Inuyasha yelled, using the Dragon Scaled Tetsaiga against Naraku, which had no effect. “Kukukukuku “I’ll just get rid of you, while you are leading your little partial team,” Naraku said. “So it worked,” Kagashe said. “AS IF I’LL LET YOU!” Inuyasha yelled, “DRAGON SCALED!” Inuyasha used the Dragon Scaled Tetsaiga, again, but this time, after it was fired, a slight steam started to come out of the Tetsaiga.

Kagashe looked at him, through the corner of her eye, and said, “Don’t worry, I can handle this.” Naraku suddenly grabbed Kagashe, and pulled her to him, but stopped when she got closer to him. “Your team looks to you as their leader, correct?” Naraku said. “Wrong, I’m only vice-leader,” Kagashe said, “The real leader is a ¾ demon.” Kagashe used the pure power to get loose, and in the process, she destroyed his arm, along with some vines. “Shoot, I missed it,” Kagashe said. “Just what is a ¾ demon?” Shippo asked. The child of a ½ demon and a full demon,” Inu said. “INU, SHUT-UP,” Kagashe yelled. “Oh, right,” Inu said.

Suddenly, the crystal, which was in a strong purification, jumped out of Kagon’s hands, and headed for Naraku. Kagura was watching from the sky, and used her Dance of the Dragon, to try and stop the crystal, but didn’t succeed. Naraku saw her and tried to fire at her, but Shanaru appeared, with a few hundred demons. Shanaru used her Whip of Light, to destroy the vines. Kagura flew to the ground, beside Sesshomaru. The crystal had reached Naraku, and had drilled through his foot.

Everyone was glaring at Naraku, and Inuyasha yelled, “Why you…” Inuyasha raised the Tetsaiga, and Kagashe said, “Wait, something’s happening.” “Like what,” Inuyasha asked. “Pure energy is forming around the crystal,” Kagashe said, “But where is it coming from?” Kagashe asked. Naraku had noticed it, and was desperately trying to remove the crystal, which was going up his leg, and heading for his shoulder. While he was busy, two arrows came out of nowhere, and hit Naraku’s heart, but didn’t kill him, because of a protective barrier, but it did make the crystal spread its pure power even faster.

Naraku looked up, and Shanaru landed behind him. “LET’S ALL AIM FOR THE HEART THAT’S IN HIS SHOULDER,” Kagashe yelled. “What’s the heart doing in his shoulder?” Shippo asked. “That’s where Onigumo is,” Kohaku asked running up to his sister. “K… Kohaku,” Sango said. Naraku looked up and asked, “Now, why are you still walking around?” “We made sure you couldn’t kill him, even if the shard is removed,” Inu said, “He’s got a fraction of our spiritual power.” “You didn’t notice the shard did you?” Inuyasha asked Kagome. “There isn’t one,” Kagome said. “Inuyasha, it’s time for everyone to put an end to this evil,” Kikyo said. Inuyasha turned and saw her.

Suddenly, Kenyo fell onto the ground, but simply got up off the ground. Kikyo turned, and said, “Kenyo, are you ready?” “Well and prepared to kill Naraku,” Kenyo said. “So that’s it,” Kagashe said, who was now next to Inu, “That’s why the crystal is being purified.” “So that’s what she meant,” Kagome said.

 

Flashback: “You never did say, why isn’t this Kenyo still around?” Kagome asked. “Well he sort of is,” Kagashe said. (End of Flashback.)

“EVERYONE, FIRE,” Inuyasha yelled. “Fire!” Shanaru said, “Fire,” Kenyo said. As everyone fired at Naraku, Naraku looked up, and was reduced to ashes, and Inuyasha dropped the Tetsaiga from the heat, afterwards.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.