- Text Size +
 

Chapter 62

 

The Battle Begins

Back in the north village, Kagashe, Kagon, and the rest of the family, and Liqiu, were in the KYH Forest, and found the tree, which Kagashe had been pinned to. Kagon grabbed an arrow, out of his quiver, and stuck it in the hole. Kagon then pulled out the other half of the crystal, and put the half he had sneezed out next to the other half, after taking it off the arrow. The crystal magically fused together, and Kagon said, “I don’t get it; why was it split in two?” “Either you or Kenyo did it. Tell me, when you grabbed the arrow, did you feel anything unusual?” Kagashe asked. Kagon looked at Kagashe, and said, “Yeah, it was like a numb feeling, that transpired for a second.” “That must have been the crystal, because I felt it as well, that day,” Kagashe said. Suddenly, Kagashe, Kagome, Inu, Liqiu, and Kagon turned towards the village, seconds before Inuyasha did the same. “Naraku,” Inuyasha said, narrowing his eyes for a second.

The group of six, headed towards the village, where Naraku had placed a blob in the middle of town. Kagashe and Inu got in front of Kaloga and Sornada, who had fired at the blob. The blob copied the attack, and fired back, but Kagashe and Inu were connected by Kagashe’s hand on Inu’s shoulder. The beams bounced off the barrier, and hit the blob, destroying a piece of the blob. This happened several times, until the blob was destroyed.

After the blob was destroyed, a blazing fire coming from a corner, was aimed directly at Kagon, Inuyasha moved with Kagome, followed by Liqiu; Kagashe quickly left Inu, to get to Kagon, and took the blast, and neither one was even scratched. A priestess appeared, wearing black, and she said, “So you want to protect him.” “SHUT-UP” Kagashe yelled. “I don’t know how you survived, but even you have no power against the arrow,” the priestess said. “Says you, Aku,” Kagashe said, “Now be quiet while I lop off your head.” Kagashe pulled out her Tetsaiga, and it turned gold. “Stay behind me, no matter what, Kagon,” Kagashe said. As the arrow was fired, nobody noticed Naraku walking up to Inu.

After Kagashe’s Tetsaiga deflected the arrow back at the priestess, using the barrier, Kagome yelled, “Inu! Look out!” Kagashe and Inu turned. Kagashe yelled, “Inu throw out your hand.” As Inu threw out his hand, a tremendous blast, made Naraku back off. “Then mom was right, he does have spiritual powers,” Kagashe said.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.