- Text Size +
 

Chapter 60

The Arrival

The Inuyasha army were at the hole where Mount Hakerai used to be, and Kagashe said, “We’ve just got another 1000 miles, just a few more villages.” “Yawn! Let’s rest, what do you say?” Kagome asked. “WHAT?! WE JUST RESTED A WHILE AGO!” Inuyasha yelled. “That’s for sure,” Inu said. “Inu! HEEL! HEEL! HEEL! HEEL BOY!” Liqiu yelled. Crash! Crash! Crash! Crash! Inu crashed face-first to the ground. “Liqiu…” Kagome started to say, but was interrupted by Kagashe. “Mom, Liqiu is Irish, best not to anger her,” Kagashe said. “Irish?” Inuyasha asked. “Yes, they’re the ones best known for their tempers, because they are worse than anyone’s,” Kagashe said. Inu sat up, and Inuyasha said, “Alright, how far is the next village?” “It’s not far, just two miles,” Kagashe said. “Then let’s go,” Inuyasha said. “We’ll have to stay there tonight. The sun will set when we get there,” Miroku said.

Later, everyone had made it to the village, and thanks to Miroku, they found out from the headman, that Naraku hadn’t made it, yet. “Are you sure he’s going to be at your village?” Inuyasha asked. “We must be early, meaning, he’s probably on his way,” Kagashe said. “I wonder if Aku, the dark priestess will be there?” Inu asked. “I don’t know, but if she’s there, she’s in trouble,” Kagashe said, “As are we.” “You people seem tired,” Kagome said. “We don’t usually get a place to stay, other than a forest, or an abandoned house of some sort,” Inu said. “Oh, I see,” Kagome said. Sornada and Kaloga, had fallen asleep in each other’s arms, by this time. Kagashe and Kagon smiled.

Days later, the Inuyasha army arrived at Kagashe’s village, and Kagome asked, “Is this the village?” “It looks just like my village,” Inuyasha said. “I know, we’ve got to get to the tree,” Kagashe said. “So, where’s Naraku?” Inuyasha asked. “Probably on his way,” Kagashe said. “What’s with Kagashe?” Sornada asked, Kaloga. “From the look the two of them had when they returned before we all teamed up, I’d say they had a bit of a spitfire, or argument, before they returned, and she’s probably thinking about that,” Kaloga said. Inuyasha looked at Kagashe, and Inu turned around, and said, “You don’t know how right you are.” Kaloga said, “What’d I say?”

Flashback: “We need to see you two directly after you join our team,” Kagome said. “Humph! For what reason?” Kagashe said, turning. “Look, if you want to destroy Naraku, you will return,” Inuyasha said, his temper rising. “What information could you possibly have?” Inu asked. “THE LOCATION OF THE FINAL BATTLE,” Inuyasha yelled. “Inuyasha, calm down,” Kagome said. Inuyasha looked at her, and calmed down, and said, “You will return, after your team joins, now this conversation is over.” “Rrrr… fine, come on Inu, let’s go. LIQIU! Kagon!” Kagashe said, steaming, and she and Inu stormed out, followed by Kagon and Liqiu. “They’ll get over it,” Kagome said, “They always do.” “I know,” Inuyasha said. End of Flashback.

 

As they made their way into the village, the headman came out. “Kagashe did you destroy Naraku yet?” the headman asked. “Uh… no, he’ll be coming here,” Kagashe said. “Makes sense, a priestess named Aku came here, looking for the crystal,” the headman said. “Did she get it?” Kagashe asked, worried. “Only Kenyo can see it now,” the headman said, “So, no.” “If that’s the case, then Kagon can see it, Kagashe said. “Huh?” the headman said. “Kagon is Kenyo’s reincarnation,” Kagashe said.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.