- Text Size +

 

Chapter 54

Rin’s Rescue

In the hut, Inuyasha’s team looked at Inu, and then swiftly turned to glare at Inuyasha, except Kagome. “What?” Inuyasha asked, hiding behind Kagome. Everyone except Inu, Inuyasha, and Kagome, shook their heads.

Meanwhile, Kagashe had caught up with Liqiu, and Liqiu asked, through tears, “How can you put up with him?” “He’s my brother, and it’s no more than you want to be with him,” Kagashe said. “Huh?! Is it that obvious?” Liqiu asked. “It is to me,” Kagashe said, “I’ve seen you two together, and it’s obvious that he likes you too.” “But, then why was he talking to Mayumi-Yasu last night?” Liqiu asked, calming down. Kagashe sighed, and said, “It’s an inherited trait, and I’ve seen this coming for some time.” “What do you mean?” Liqiu asked. “We both inherited traits from our parents, I inherited mom’s smarts, and friendliness, but Inu has inherited father’s powers, and from the look of it, his two-timingness,” Kagashe said, “He doesn’t realize much at the moment, but Mayumi-Yasu will never pass through the well, according to mom.”

Meanwhile, Naraku was standing on a pointed cliff, with Kanna, and he said, “Ku Ku Ku Ku Ku! So there is a link, maybe I’ll let her go, and grant her wish. Kanna, get your sister.” Kanna left, and hours later, Kagura appeared before Naraku, with Kanna. “What is the meaning of this?” Kagura steamed. “You wanted to be free, did you not?” Naraku smirked. Kagura looked at him, with a strange look in her eye, trying to figure him out.

Days later, Sesshomaru, Jaken, Rin, and Ah-Un, were heading west, when a large number of demons appeared, and right near a cliff. As the battle started, Kagashe’s team were inside a tunnel, that lead to the cliff, and Kagashe said, “We’re just going to have to wait, till…” Kagashe stopped, and everyone heard an eerie, ear-piercing scream. Kagashe pulled out the Tetsaiga, but didn’t transform it, and gave Inu the sheave. “Listen, when I say, call the Tetsaiga,” Kagashe told Inu. “Gotcha,” Inu responded. Kagashe ran and jumped off the cave. Inu came to the end, with the Sheave in hand, open end aimed towards the outside.

As Kagashe fell, she was able to catch up with Rin, who was falling, and Jaken and Sesshomaru were busy with the oversized demons. Kagashe grabbed Rin with her free hand, and yelled, “NOW INU, NOW!” Inu yelled, “COME TETSAIGA!” As the sword reacted, Kagashe and Rin were pulled back to the cave. “Rin, you okay?” Kagashe asked. “Yeah, but… gasp!” Rin started to say, but stopped, when she noticed Kagashe’s ears, “You’re a demon.” “Don’t worry, you’ll be safe with us,” Kagon said. “Name’s Kagashe, and this is Inu, we’re Inuyasha’s and Kagome’s kids, from the future,” Kagashe said. “Oh, I see,” Rin said. At this point, Rin's stomach growled. Grumble! Grumble! “Here, take this. It’s called a sandwich, “Kagashe said, reaching into her bag, and pulling out a sandwich. Rin nodded, and took it. The demons were finally destroyed outside, and Jaken, Sesshomaru, and Ah-Un found the cave. Rin finished the sandwich, and left, getting on Ah-Un, after, a short thank-you and goodbye.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.