- Text Size +
 

Chapter 52

Byakuya’s Demise

The group found an abandoned house, where there were plenty of hills, and the demons were told to stay with Shanaru. Liqiu said, to Sornada, “Is it just me, or have those two been acting strange?” “This is normal for this time,” Sornada said. “What?! What could you possibly mean,” Liqiu yelled. Kaloga said, “Liqiu, calm down, you’ll find out soon enough.” “Alright, but why are we going to the village tomorrow?” Liqiu asked. “I don’t know, but I’m sure Kagashe has a good reason for it.” As the sun was setting, Kagashe and Inu reverted to their human forms.

Miles away, in Kaede’s village, Inuyasha’s team, were fighting off a huge army of demons, when Sesshomaru showed up. “What’s Sesshomaru doing here?” Shippo asked. “Sesshomaru huh? This is interesting. Did the weaker brother come to help,” Byakuya asked. Sesshomaru glared at Byakuya, and said, “So you are the foul stench Kagashe’s team fought.” “Very well,” Byakuya said. Sesshomaru pulled out his Tensaiga, and Byakuya asked, “What can an incomplete sword like that do?” “Incomplete?” Sesshomaru asked. “What didn’t you know?” Byakuya asked, “The Tensaiga is only a cast off part of the Tetsaiga, stolen from a demon Naraku killed recently.” “WHAT DOES IT MATTER?” Inuyasha yelled, “YOU’RE GOING TO DIE ANYWAY!” Sesshomaru punched Inuyasha to the ground, and said, “Leave, he is my prey!” “NOT HAPPENING YOU’RE THE ONE THAT’S GOING TO HAVE TO BACK DOWN!” Inuyasha yelled. Sesshomaru used the Meidou-Zangetsuha, against Byakuya, but it wasn’t a complete circle. “The Meidou didn’t work,” Kagome said, in shock. “When will you understand?” Byakuya asked, “That incomplete sword can’t kill me, it can’t make a complete circle, on its own, no matter how much training the owner has gone through.” Inuyasha got up, and stood next to Sesshomaru. As Inuyasha drew the Tetsaiga, the Tensaiga started to pulse. “Use it, something will happen,” Inuyasha said, interrupting his original thought.

As Sesshomaru stood there, Byakuya started cackling. Sesshomaru stared at Byakuya, and said, “Die!” He used a now complete Meidou circle, and destroyed Byakuya. As he was destroyed, Byakuya said, “I see… the Tetsaiga was… nearby.”

As the night had passed, Sesshomaru said, “Inuyasha, I don’t care what the connection is between you and the partial team, but I do want to know who that girl is that seems to show up, when the partial team is in trouble.” “Oh, you mean Shanaru?” Kagome asked. Sesshomaru looked at her, and then back at Inuyasha. “Shanaru is Kagashe’s cousin, and there seems to be a connection between them and Kagura. Kagashe, Inu, and Shanaru are from the future. And Shanaru is your daughter, but what the connection is between them and Kagura, no one knows,” Inuyasha said. “Yet they have not joined either group,” Sesshomaru said. “They said that they would, but only after we master our swords. Something about there is more to the Tensaiga, then has been revealed,” Kagome said. “They didn’t say what,” Shippo said. “I see,” Sesshomaru said, and at that he left.

“Did he come all this way to ask that?” Kagome asked. Some hours later, Kagashe’s team arrived at the village. Kagashe asked, “What in the world?” As Inuyasha and Miroku finished burying the rest of the demons, Kagome came out to greet them.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.