- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 49

 

The Demon Mountain

Later, inside the headman’s house, Suligi said, “Why don’t you all rest here tonight; you can go to Mount Kulafishi tomorrow.” “Kulafishi?” Inu asked. “Kulafishi is the legendary mountain that sealed demons in rocks 3,000 years ago, but they chose that life or death, if you want to call it that, until they could be of service to the one who unseals them,” Suligi said. “So Naraku will most likely be after the mountain as well,” Kornu said.

The next day, Kagashe’s team arrived at the mountain of demons, and saw that the guards were simply stone statues. The statues stood there, and one said, “Unless you are against the spider evil, you have no business here.” “How do you know of Naraku?” Kagashe asked. “So many legends of a spider coming out to kill every last thing that crosses his path, have spewed out. The thing is he is the reason the demons were sealed; they were sealed until the time came to kill him, and a priestess demon was chosen long ago,” another statue said. “We want him dead just as badly as them, then,” Kagashe said. “Very well,” the statue said, “The ring is the only thing that holds the spell. Break the barrier.”

Kagashe then pulled out her Tetsaiga, and it transformed to gold. Kagashe then hit the ring that was floating around the mountain; using the gold barrier, which she discovered during a training session with Shanaru, the barrier broke, destroying the ring. The millions of demons arose from the rocks on the mountain, and headed down to the base. The statues moved out of their way and one lizard demon, which had an indescribable brown color, said, “We are here to kill Naraku, so let’s go.” “Huh? How do you know his name?” Kagashe asked. “We overheard you talking,” the lizard said. “Oh I see, I guess you all follow us now, correct?” Kagashe asked. “Of course. Anything to kill Naraku,” a hammerhead said. Kagashe nodded, and Inu asked, “Why do they follow us?” “Inu heel boy!” Kagashe said.

As the beads lit up around Inu’s neck, everyone noticed, that Inu was not actually pulled to the ground, until three seconds later. “What? Kagon asked, “Kagashe what is going on?” “Hmmm… The change is starting to appear. Soon Liqiu will have complete control of the necklace,” Kagashe said. “What, are you kidding?” Inu asked, getting up. “Inu don’t get to excited, you’re in for a wild ride,” Kagashe said, “We’d best go pick up Liqiu for the rest of the journey.” The group followed Kagashe, demons included, back to the village. The demons were told to wait on the outskirts, when Shanaru showed up, with the boy and a few demons. “Oh if it isn’t your cousin,” Kagon said. “Kichiro, was it,” Fing asked. The boy nodded, and Shanaru said, “Go on to the village. I will make sure no one attacks these demons. Kagashe nodded, and her team followed her to the village.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.