- Text Size +

Chapter 5 The Death Omen 

When morning arrived, Kagashe and Kenyo went outside, and upon noticing the commotion outside, Kagashe asked, “What’s going on?”  “A free fortune teller,” Sango’s father said.  “Fortune teller?  My father and Kikyo had their fortunes told months before Onigumo became Naraku,” Kagashe said.  “Do you want to have your fortune read?”  Kenyo asked.   “I don’t see why not,” Kagashe said. 

An hour later, the old woman asked, “What do you see in the cup?”  “A spider,” Kagashe said, with a worried look on her face.  “Yeah, mine too,” Kenyo said.  “Hand it here,” the woman said.  When the woman looked into the cups, she shrieked and dropped them.  A younger woman came by and asked, “Madam, are you alright?”  The woman just sat there, with a look of fear on her face.  “Madam?  Madam?” The woman asked.  The old woman jumped, when the villager put her hand on her shoulder.  “Are you okay?”  The villager asked.  “Sorry, yeah,” the old woman said.  “So what is it?” Kenyo asked.  “Kenyo, enough! It’s the serpent, right?”  Kagashe asked.  The old woman didn’t say anything. “Your face tells it all,” Kagashe said, “Kenyo, let’s go, I don’t want to be the cause of anyone’s death.”  Kenyo asked, “Kagashe, what’s wrong?”  “Look my father and Kikyo both had that same omen, and that was before Kikyo sealed him,” Kagashe said.  “Oh, I see.  Well, we’d best go.”  Kenyo said.  “If we’ve got that omen, well, let’s just say I don’t like the looks of it,” Kagashe said.  “Just what kind of omen is that?” Kenyo asked, after they said goodbye to the villagers, and were a long way down the road.  “It’s an omen of death,” Kagashe said.  

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.  Kagashe, Kenyo, and the Fortune Teller I created.