- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 44

 

An Old Experience

Some time after they left Totosai’s, Kagashe’s team found Inuyasha’s team near a place where a nun’s body vanished. “What happened here?” Inu asked. “It looks like demons were here,” Kagashe said. A nun that had been nearby, asked, “Demons? I didn’t see anything like that.” “You wouldn’t, no one can, even priestesses,” Kagashe said, “Only the one that summoned them could have possibly seen them.” “Say what?!” Inuyasha asked.

“What do you know?” Kagome asked. “I know that whoever vanished is the one that summoned the demons,” Kagashe said. “How is that possible?” a nun asked. The lady must have had one or both, regret or desperation, and didn’t want to die yet,” Kagashe said. “So you’ve encountered something similar to this before?” Sango asked. “Yes, 27 years ago, there was a priestess, who gave her soul to demons, because she wanted to be with Kenyo,” Kagashe said. “Kenyo was the name of the priest that died 25 years ago, was he not?” Sango asked. “Yes he was,” Kagashe said, “We did what we could to save her, but in the end, Kenyo and I had to combine our powers to kill her. Of course back then all I had learned was the Wind Scar.” “You never did say, why isn’t this Kenyo still around?” Kagome asked. “Well, he sort of is, but I guess what you’re asking is what Sango probably already knows. You see Kenyo and I were forced to leave Kaede’s village, because of Naraku; we had finally found a village that looked like it supported partial demons, but I was waiting on a hill for Kenyo, but Kenyo was put through the worst probably,” Kagashe said, “It was because of Naraku, that Kenyo died, and then Naraku attacked me using a disguise.”

“When did you figure it out?” Shippo asked. “Later that day, I was in a forest, with a crystal given to us; the crystal had blood on it, and I really wasn’t thinking very straight. I didn’t realize the truth until it was too late,” Kagashe said. “Hey, Inuyasha, is it just me, or does this sound similar to when Kikyo sealed you?” Kagome asked. “That’s correct it’s exactly like that,” Kagashe said, who had heard what her mom had said.

As the nun’s had all left, by this time, Miroku asked, “So, where was this village?” “Very far northeast. Farther than both Mount Hakerai and the Ox-Tiger,” Kagashe said, “Anyways, come on everyone let’s go.” Kagashe said that last part fuming with fire surrounding her. Shippo hid behind Inuyasha and Kagome, and Kagashe’s team left. “Is that what happened?” Shiori asked Inu. “Yes, we don’t bring it up, because it infuriates her,” Inu said, “You saw her anger.” “So she’s still ticked off at Naraku, after all this time,” Sornada said, thinking out loud.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.