- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 42

Time to Know

Part 2

Hours later, Inuyasha and Kagome were near a tree, and Miroku and Sango were with Migo, when Kagashe and Inu returned. “Oh, hello Kagashe,” Kagome said, “Hello Inu!” “Here,” Kagashe said giving Kagome the shards. “Where exactly did you get the shards anyway?” Kagome asked. “Sango’s father gave them to me to give to you long ago,” Kagashe said. “So that’s it,” Shippo said, approaching.

“So why don’t you all join us?” Kagome asked. “We will when the time comes, but first both you and your brother need to master the technique’s inside your swords. We can not interfere in the matter. You should know that there is more to both swords than has been revealed thus far,” Kagashe said. “So there are more techniques to be learned?” Kagome asked. “Yes, three for the Tetsaiga, and the Tensaiga has a deeper purpose than being a protector for either of you,” Kagashe said. “So does that mean that Inuyasha will eventually own both swords?” Kagome asked. “It depends on how you look at it, but I can’t say, yet. Anyways I do have a request to ask,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other, and Inuyasha asked, “Yeah, what?” “Kagura is an important key to the future, so don’t kill her,” Kagashe said. “What do you mean?” Kagome asked. Kagashe sighed, and said, “I can’t say, because if I did someone else would have more problems than she does right now. We don’t know whether Naraku is watching, so we keep it low-spoken.” “I don’t sense any Saimyosho,” Inuyasha said. “Naraku has more watchers than just the Saimyosho, like Kanna and her mirror,” Kagashe said. “Oh, I see,” Kagome said. “We’d best go back to Kaede’s hut,” Kagashe said.

The next day, Kagome asked, “You’ve known this all along, haven’t you, Kaede?” “Aye! All except Migo’s part,” Kaede said. “So how far has Shanaru gotten with her sword, the Tensaiga?” Inuyasha asked. “She has mastered the Dragon Strike,” Kagashe said, that much I do know.” “What do you mean? Don’t you know?” Kagome asked. “I was out of commission for twenty-five years, in a forest farther North than mount Hakerei. I didn’t meet Shanaru until Inu started to come here, and that was around the time that Shanaru got trapped in this time,” Kagashe explained. “So you all get along?” Kagome asked, shocked. “Yes, now we’ve really got to get going; we’ll see you all again, and good luck,” Kagashe said. After Kagashe’s team was on the other side of the hill, Kagashe said, “We go south, I heard Kouga’s team picked up a lead at Mount Hakerai.” At that, they all went south.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.