- Text Size +
 

Chapter 41

Time to Know

Part 1

Days later, Kagashe’s team were in a village, that was near Kaede’s village, when Kagashe and Inu noticed a bear. The bear had a shard in its forehead, and it was heading towards Kaede's village. Kagashe said, “Well there’s another shard.” Everyone got up, and went to stop the bear.

After the shard was removed, the bear told Kagashe’s team about the infant. He also told them that Naraku wanted the weakened Kagome killed. Kagashe looked at the bear with a worried expression on her face. “You’re sure the infant did this,” Kagashe asked. “Yes,” the bear said. “Alright, let’s get back to the village, and quickly,” Kagashe said. Inu thanked the bear, the bear smiled, and they left; the bear waved its paw, and then went home.

After they got to Kaede’s hut, Kagashe noticed Inuyasha and Kaede outside talking, and Inu asked, “Where is she?” “Kagome? She’s inside,” Kaede said. “Inu come with me, Kagon keep an eye on Migo, the rest of you, have fun,” Kagashe said. Everyone did as instructed; most of the demons went to sit down with Shippo; Kagashe and Inu went to see how Kagome was doing. Inside the hut, Kagome woke up and said, weakly, “Kagashe? Inu? What are you doing here?” “We came to see how you were doing,” Inu said, sitting down, “A bear with a shard told us about what happened.” The locket that Inu wore hung in front of Kagome. Kagashe sat down beside Inu, and Kagome, after sitting up, grabbed the locket. “Where did you get this?” Kagome asked. Inuyasha opened the flap, and came in. Inu looked at Kagashe, and Kagome repeated, slightly louder, “Where did you get this?” “I guess it’s time they know,” Kagashe said, “We can’t keep it a secret any longer.” “Know what?” Inuyasha asked. “The locket was given to us by our father. As was the cloak and sword,” Kagashe said. “Huh! What are you telling us?” Kagome asked. “I’m sure you noticed also that we look, act, and sound like the both of you,” Kagashe said. “Yeah?” Kagome asked. “What are you aiming at?” Inuyasha asked. “We look, act, and sound like you, because we are your future kids,” Kagashe said. “Well, that would explain a lot,” Miroku said, coming through the doorway, and moving the flap.

“So who was the girl that came by at Mount Hakurei?” Kagome asked, recovering from the shock. “Oh, she is our cousin, also from the future. Her name is Shanaru,” Kagashe said. “So there are two families that have another time?” Kagome asked. “Actually there are three. Migo is also from a future time,” Kagashe said, but unlike the two of us, he spent some time in his real time; Shanaru didn’t get to spend to much time in her time, but longer than we did.” “So who is Migo?” Miroku asked. “You mean you haven’t noticed?” Inu asked. Miroku looked at the two of them, and Kagashe said, “He is yours and Sango’s son.” Miroku stepped back, and Kagashe continued, “He said he is the oldest of six.” “Anyways, we need to get the shards left in the modern era,” Inu said. “How true. We’ll see you in a bit,” Kagashe said, getting up. “Wait, where did you get the necklace,” Inuyasha asked. “You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you. It doesn’t work like it was supposed to be planned,” Kagashe said. “Then why…” Inuyasha started to ask. “You were the one who told us to take it,” Kagashe interrupted. At that Kagashe and Inu left to go to the well. “I’ll leave you two alone,” Miroku said.

After leaving, Miroku went to find Sango who was talking to Migo. ‘So your twin sisters are called Sanku and Sang?” Sango asked. “Yes,” Migo said, “And then there’s Mirogo and Kalog, who are also twins.” “Hello, Miroku,” Sango said. “Did he tell you?” Miroku asked. “Tell me what?” Sango asked. “Sango, he is one of our future kids,” Miroku said. Sango said, “K….K…K…kids?” “I’ll leave you two for now,” Migo said, leaving to talk to Shippo, who was playing with a grasshopper.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.