- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!  The next 2 chapters are the ones you have been waiting on.
 

Chapter 40

 

The Curse

“Hey, Kouga, what did she mean?” Shippo asked. “Sorry I can’t say, I told her some time ago I’d keep quiet,” Kouga said. Kagome looked at Kouga for a second, and then at the mountain. “Say who are you anyway?” Shippo asked. After everyone introduced themselves, Shippo asked, “Migo, did you get the same curse as Miroku?” “You could say that I suppose,” Migo said. Kagashe had found the hole, after a while, and Inuyasha and Renkotsu were fighting. Kagashe still hadn’t reached a place where she could not go any farther, but Inuyasha had passed that point.

Flashback: “Kagashe, take it, it’ll restore some demon powers,” Inuyasha said. (End of Flashback.)

Just as Renkotsu had Inuyasha cornered, Kagashe, who was on the other side of the wall, said, “Psst!” As Renkotsu tried to kill Inuyasha, Inuyasha vanished in the crack in the wall. “Come on, it won’t be long before they come after you,” Kagashe said. The two of them headed further into the mountain. “Here, I’ll remove it later; for now you need your powers to be restored,” Kagashe said. Kagashe put the necklace on Inuyasha, and then left, after telling him that after Jakotsu it would be Bankotsu that would attack next. Inuyasha stood there and then noticed Jakotsu, and jumped. When he landed, he had returned to his normal state.

Hours later, the Band of 7 was no more, and everyone except Shanaru was inside the mountain, because the barrier had been lifted. Naraku was reforming another body inside the mountain, Shanaru was trying to get in the mountain. Kagashe and Inu were using their swords to make a barrier that surrounded the team, which protected them from the Wind Scar that was flying around. As Kagashe and Inu had their swords in a cone shape, to protect everyone, a very annoyed Kagashe asked, “How long will it take for her to notice?” “Patience is a virtue,” Migo said.

After Kagome finally noticed the shards from Kouga, Kagashe noticed that Naraku had turned his back to her and her team. Kagashe motioned to Inu something in the language of the deaf, and Inu nodded. Kouga was released from Naraku. Inu and Kagashe made two ok signs on both hands. They threw green triangles after pointing at Naraku with closed hands. Naraku was so busy collapsing the mountain, that he did not notice in any way the triangles that struck him. “Hey Naraku,” Kagashe said, after the triangles had stopped, “If you continue down the path of evil, you’ll have no power left.” “Naraku, I certainly agree with my sister,” Inu said. Naraku looked at them and left.

After Kikyo’s bow was discovered, Kagashe’s group walked up to Kagome and the rest of the team. “Shiori told me that you have a powerful technique that will kill any type of demon,” Kagome said. “Yes, and?” Kagashe asked. “Why didn’t you use it against Naraku?” Kagome asked. “If I had, Naraku would not be the only one killed. It would have killed each and every demon whether they be quarter, half, or full,” Kagashe said. “Hey Inuyasha…” Kagome started. Inuyasha was nowhere to be found. “Well at least Naraku won’t get any stronger, in fact from this point on he’ll only weaken,” Kagashe said. Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Kirara, and Shippo blinked. “Inu and I put a curse on him while he wasn’t looking,” Kagashe said.

Hours after Kouga’s team went south, Inuyasha returned, and Kagashe said, “I guess we’d best take the necklace back.” Inuyasha nodded, and Kagashe took the necklace of diamonds off him. “Well, we better go south, as well,” Kagashe said. At that they all headed south. “Say I wonder who the girl was that came?” Sango asked. No one answered.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.