- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 35

 

Kagashe’s Barrier & A Future Monk

The next day, Kagashe’s team had made their way to Naraku’s castle, thanks to Hachi, whom they ran into on their way. Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku were standing where the fight took place, when Kagashe’s team appeared. “What are you doing here?” Inuyasha asked. “That’s…” Inu started to say. “Inu, Heel boy!” Kagashe said. CRASH! Inu crashed face-first to the ground. “We’ve already told you that we’re looking for a piece of spider manure,” Kagashe said, “He’s been here but is gone now, we’d best go.”

Inu got up, and followed the team. “Hey sister, I thought you told me that you would go easy on me,” Inu said. “Do you have any idea what would have happened, if I hadn’t?” Kagashe asked. “Alright,” Inu said, sighing.

After they left, Miroku asked, “I wonder if they are also after Naraku?” “Why would they be after Naraku?” Inuyasha asked. “Something Sango said a while back,” Miroku said, “Besides they said that they were after a spider just now.” “Big deal, let’s go to the village,” Inuyasha said. At that they left.

The next day, Kagashe and her team were high in some trees, out of the wind direction, and were listening to Ayame, Kagome, and Kouga, when Kagon tapped Kagashe. Kagashe quietly motioned for Kagon to keep quiet. Kagon saw what was ahead, and the hair demon appeared. The fight was starting and Inu looked at Kagashe, and Kagashe nodded. The hair demon was soon killed by Kouga, and Ayame left; Kagashe then motioned for everyone to follow.

After catching up with Ayame, who had stopped, when a branch snapped, Ayame asked, “Who are you? What do you want?” Kagashe put Kagon down, who was on her back. “Sorry if we scared you, but I’ve got an eerie feeling about the miasma you were talking about, Ayame,” Kagashe said, “I only hope it isn’t too much of a problem.” “Are you also after this Naraku demon?” Ayame asked. “Yes, we are,” Kagashe said. “I see, well we’ll be careful,” Ayame said, “You’re a half-demon aren’t you?” “1/4 actually,” Kagashe said, “From the future.” Ayame blinked and said, “Oh, sorry.” “Don’t worry about it, we get that a lot from everyone, anyways good luck,” Kagashe said.

Later, Kagashe’s team was fighting a strange ogre-head, when another demon that was watching, behind everyone, vanished. Suddenly a red priestess walked up. Inu yelled, “Kagashe look out behind you.” Kagashe turned, and some subjection beads were thrown at her. As the beads came within five inches of Kagashe they bounced off a pure barrier that appeared around Kagashe out of nowhere. “It seems you also have spiritual powers,” Inu said. “So it seems,” Kagashe said. The priestess collapsed, and the ogre-head was killed by Kaloga; a bunch of Saimyosho took out the shard, that was embedded in the ogre-head. The bugs then went far up and vanished.

Just as Kagashe’s team approached the priestess, which had died, a sixteen year old boy walked up. “Hello, I saw what happened, and I thank you for freeing her spirit,” the boy said. The boy had a monk’s outfit on, and some prayer beads on his hand; Kagashe stood up. “You’re a priestess, aren’t you?” the monk said. “Partially,” Kagashe said, “We’d best give this priestess a proper burial.” “Oh, right, and I only see one human among you,” the monk said. Kagashe picked up the priestess, and Inu said, we’re all human to a certain extent.”

Later, after the monk took them to the priestess’ village, he told them that his name was Migo, and he was somehow pulled into this time from twenty-nine years after Naraku was killed. After Migo told them this information, Kagashe blinked, and suddenly realized who he was, and asked, “Migo, you’re… a… a… Miroku descendant, aren’t you?” “Oh you noticed the beads, did you?” Migo asked. “No, your story,” Kagashe said. We’re after Naraku to stab the heart, but he has disappeared,” Inu said. “I guess you realize I’m after Naraku as well,” Migo said. “You’re welcome to join us,” Kagashe said. Migo decided to join Inu and Kagashe, in the hunt for Naraku.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.