- Text Size +
 

Chapter 32

 

Shiori’s Decision

Kagashe’s team continued to head down the road, after Sesshomaru and his team passed, and at the same time, Inuyasha and Kirara reached Totosai’s. Days later, Kagashe’s team passed through a village close to Shiori’s village. “Something stinks,” Kagashe said. “Yeah, it’s Naraku’s demons,” Sornada said.

All of a sudden, a large hoard of demons flew overhead. “Well, it’s a good thing we came this way,” Kagashe said, “Tygokumaru may be dead, but now the village is under attack by Naraku’s demons.” Inu looked at his sister, and Kagashe said, “Let’s go!” Everyone followed Kagashe to the next village, and when they got there half of the village had already been destroyed.

Half a second later, they heard an eerie, freaky scream that would curl anyone’s toes. Kagashe said, “See what you can do about the demons.” Everyone nodded, and fought the demons while Kagashe followed the source of the scream.

As Kagashe was running towards a shack, Shiori came out beside her. “You’re Shiori, aren’t you?” Kagashe asked. “Yes,” Shiori said. “Well, can you help my friends defeat the demons? I’ll explain why later,” Kagashe said. Shiori nodded, and left to help. Kagashe got to the hut and killed the spider that had its fangs stuck in Shiori’s mom’s arm. Shiori’s mom looked at Kagashe and said, “You saved me yet my time is up.” “Ahh! Where’s that flea when he’s needed?” Kagashe said annoyed, and sitting down. “Who are you?” Shiori’s mom asked weakly. “Name’s Kagashe, Kagome and Inuyasha’s daughter from the future.” Kagashe said. “Oh, I see,” Shiori’s mom said. “Listen, Shiori needs to leave, the village is no longer safe. There is a place she can go if she so chooses, but she will most likely join us. I’ll ask her if she wants to go there, or join our team of partial demons,” Kagashe said. “Alright, but p… promise me… take c… care of Sh… Shi… Shiori,” Shiori’s mom asked. “We will at all ends.” Kagashe said.

Hours later, the demons were all gone, and Kagashe told Shiori about Naraku. “You really have two choices. One: you can help kill him, or two: you can come live at the village my parents will live at until Naraku is dead,” Kagashe said. “All things considered, I think I would rather kill Naraku myself, so I’ll join your group,” Shiori said, “Besides there is nothing left to protect here.”

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.