- Text Size +
 

Chapter 17

 

Nazunna’s problem

 

"Now that that is over with, we can get back to tracking Naraku," Kagashe said, when they had gone some ways down the road. "Hey, there's a village ahead, "Inu said. "Yeah, I know, we're not far from Nazunna," Kagashe said. "Are you sure?" Kagon asked. "Look there," Kagashe said, pointing to a destroyed spider, "Anytime you see something like that, and scents of our parents, you can bet that Nazunna is close by."

The five of them found their way to the village, which Nazunna now lived in. Nazunna saw them from a distance, and ran to them thinking that they were Inuyasha and Kagome; when she saw that they weren't who she thought they were, she started to back off. "Nazunna, correct? Anyone that is afraid of demons in this time and place, must be you," Kagashe said. "Uh, yes, how did you know my name?" Nazunna asked. "We're from the future," Inu said. "Oh, well, that makes sense," Nazunna said. "So tell us has anyone here heard of the whereabouts of Naraku?" Kagashe asked. "Uh... if anyone would know, the headman would," Nazunna said. Nazunna took the group to the headman's house, and asked while heading there, "Do you know of Inuyasha and Kagome?" "Yes, Inu and I are their future kids," Kagashe said. "Oh, well no wonder, because you both look a lot like them," Nazunna said.

They soon arrived at the village headman's house, and Kagashe stopped. Kaloga's wings started fluttering, and Nazunna asked, "What's wrong?" "Doesn't she feel it?" Kagon asked. "Probably not, she is neither priestess, monk nor demon, so she doesn't notice anything," Kagashe said. The five of them decided to follow her into the house, and the headman came from the back.

After Nazunna explained what they wanted, he smiled and said, "Of course, I'd be more than happy to help. Now I haven't heard anything, but perhaps if you can stay for a while, then I can find out from the incoming two villagers that went out to check a cave earlier." "I see, well there seems to be a demon problem somewhere in the village. The moment we approached your house we all felt it. Somewhere in this village, there is a evil demon," Kagashe said. "You don't think it could be in this house, do you?" Nazunna asked. "No, I don't believe so. This house is to close to the edge of the barrier," Kagashe said, "What ever it is would be at the very center." The headman, who was an old man dressed in what looked like old clothes, said, "Nazunna, I don't know what all this means, but would you mind staying with my niece until this crisis passes? She lives on the outskirts of the village." Nazunna nodded, and Kagashe said, "The demon is getting more powerful by the second."

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and character's, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.  Kagashe, Inu, and Kagon I created.