- Text Size +
 

Chapter 16

 

The Triple-Secret Revealed

 

The next day, around evening, Kagashe, Kagon, Kaloga, and Sornada had left demon territory, and had come across a small shack that looked like it hadn’t been used in a while. Kagashe opened the door, and said, “Well it’s not much, but better than nothing.” “Are you sure this will be alright?” Kagon asked. “KAGON, IF YOU KNOW OF A BETTER PLACE, THEN DO TELL,” Kagashe yelled. Kagon looked at her for a second, and then asked, “What has gotten into you two? You’ve been acting strange for the last hour.” Kaloga and Sornada looked at each other, and Sornada whispered to Kaloga, “Is it just me or does it seem like Kagashe’s and Inu’s scent is changing?” Kaloga said, “It’s not your imagination. They’re quarter demons, so perhaps they are losing power.”

As the five of them went inside, Kagon asked, “Shouldn’t we be getting something to eat?” ”If you and Kaloga want to get something to eat, for everyone, then go, otherwise leave Inu and me alone,” Kagashe said. Kagon said, “Kaloga, lets go.” Kaloga nodded, and the two of them left.

Later, at a river near the shack, Kagon asked, “Kaloga, why do you think those two are acting so strange?” “It probably has something to do with their scent changing,” Kaloga said. “Scent changing?” Kagon asked. “We, half-demons change into humans on one given night. Kagashe and Inu being quarter-demons it might last longer for them,” Kaloga said. “So, you think it might be coming up?” Kagon asked. “Oh, not just coming up, starting tonight. Probably it will start at sundown,” Kaloga said. “So why didn’t they tell me?” Kagon asked. “Well, maybe they would have, if you would have listened, instead of trying to bite their heads off; in fact I think they did try to tell you at least five times today,” Kaloga said. Kagon looked at the boy, and left with him to head back to the shack.

When everyone had returned to the shack, Kagon walked over to Kagashe, and said, “Sorry for all the yelling today, but tell me are the two of you losing powers tonight?” “They figured it out, eh? It only happens at night, for three nights,” Kagashe said. “I see, then I’ll understand if we don’t move around too much,” Kagon said. “Well, don’t get too worried, I mean, we still have our priestess powers, which in some cases has been known to overpower certain demons,” Kagashe said.

The next three nights went by surprisingly fast , and the morning after, everyone headed out.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  Kagashe, Kagon, Kaloga, and Sornada I created.