- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorrry for the late post, the computer has been acting wacko, and not because of the virus.  Please read and review.
 

Chapter 15

 

Kenyo’s Resurrection

 

Two days later, Kagashe, Kagon, Kaloga, Sornada, and Inu arrived at a canyon, with vines, and small skinny tower rocks going across it. “So, how do we get across?” Kagon asked. Kagashe grabbed a vine, tugged on it slightly, and swung to first rock. Inu said, “Oh, fun! I’ve always wanted to do this.”

As the five were crossing, Urasuae flew up, chopped the vines, and grabbed Kagon. Kaloga saw what happened, and used his wings to fly. He was interrupted, however by the Birds of Paradise, which were headed in the direction of the wolf-den.

By the time the giant birds were all killed, Urasuae had vanished from sight. Kaloga headed to the bottom of the canyon, and Kagashe got a giant rock off of her and Inu. Kagashe then checked on Sornada. “Are you alright, and where is Kagon?” Kagashe asked. “Urasuae captured him, and then some giant birds got in my way,” Kaloga said. “Giant birds? What kind?” Inu asked. “I don’t know, but they had big mouths, and blue people sprouting out of their heads,” Kaloga said. Inu looked at Kagashe, and Kagashe said, “I don’t know what the Birds of Paradise are doing here, but if Urasuae captured Kagon, then Kagon must be the reincarnation of Kenyo.” “Are you sure?” Sornada asked. “There’d be no other reason for this. Now hurry up, before we have more problems then we can handle,” Kagashe said. At that they all headed towards the wall. While climbing the wall, Inu asked, “Kagashe, uh… just how did Kenyo die?” “Let me put it this way, Naraku used the same exact tactic he used on father,” Kagashe said.

Hours later, Kaloga, Sornada Kagashe, and Inu arrived at Urasue’s place, and Kagashe said, “Oh, great we’re too late!” Inu looked at Kagashe, and Kaloga asked, “Inu, something wrong?” “I… I don’t know. I would think that my sister would react differently, but even though she has been following father’s path, she didn’t react, even when Kenyo is standing before her,” Inu said. “Inu, find a way to awaken Kagon. I’ll find a way to release the soul,” Kagashe said.

Kenyo walked right past Urasuae, ignoring her, and asked, “Kagashe, what are you doing here? I sealed you at the tree.” “True, now look, that whole thing stinks of Naraku, and you should know it,” Kagashe said. “How can you tell such lies? Was it not you that attacked me and stole the crystal?” Kenyo asked, pulling out an arrow and releasing it. Inu saw that, and jumped away from Kagon and in front of Kagashe.

When Inu jumped in front of Kagashe, something surprising happened; the arrow disintegrated, because of a barrier that suddenly appeared out of nowhere around Inu. Kenyo, Kagashe, Kaloga, Sornada, Inu, and Urasuae stood there blinking. Inu said, “Uh… Uh… what just happened?” “IDIOT, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? HOW DO YOU THINK OUR PARENTS, ESPECIALLY FATHER, WOULD REACT IF I CAME HOME WITHOUT YOU?” Kagashe yelled. Inu got quiet.

After everyone recovered from the shock, Kagashe said, “Anyway, Kenyo, if you recall, it was Naraku, who caused us to leave the village in the first place; the old man was one: an illusion, or two: one of his minions. Naraku used the same trick against my father and the priestess Kikyo. If you can’t figure it out that Naraku was plotting to kill us by now, then you are truly a simple-minded fool.” “You’re right, and that fortune teller had the spider prediction on us. There is no way that could have been any coincidence,” Kenyo said, “I can’t believe I’ve been so stupid.”

At that moment, Kagon woke up, and his body glowed. Kenyo closed his eyes, and lights left him, and returned to Kagon. After a while, Kenyo opened his eyes and looked down at the ground, and then looked at Kagon. “Say, why is Kenyo still standing? When a soul returns, to the correct person, shouldn’t someone like Kenyo cease to exist?” Inu asked. Kenyo then pushed Urasuae out of the way, and left, with her yelling at him to come back, but Kenyo completely ignored her. Kagon got up, and Kagashe ran over to Kagon. “Kagon are you okay?” Kagashe asked. “Yeah, sure,” Kagon said. “Then let’s get out of here,” Kagashe said, “We’re getting out of demon territory, of any kind, now.” “No complaints here,” Kagon said. At that they all left. Urasuae yelled, “HEY, COME BACK HERE.” “Ignore her, she has nothing worth listening to,” Kagashe said.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  Kagashe, Kagon, Kaloga, Sornada, Inu, and Kenyo I created.