- Text Size +
 

Chapter 13

 

Fateful Meeting

 

The next day, Kagashe, Kagon, and Inu were heading towards the next village, with Kagon walking ahead of them, when Inu asked, “Kagashe, it’ll be in a few days, won’t it?” “Yes, but I’m not really sure just how I’m going to tell Kagon, but hopefully some kind of help will appear soon,” Kagashe said. “So, how long do you think our parents will be at the village?” Inu asked. “Probably not long, in fact if I’m not mistaken, they’ll be heading towards Nazunna and the spider-heads once they leave,” Kagashe said. Kagon looked at Kagashe and Inu, and asked, “What are you two whispering about?” Kagashe looked at Kagon, and said, “Nothing much, just thinking ahead.”

Inu looked up at the sky, and said, “Kagashe you smell that?” “Yeah, blood, human blood, and lots of it, the village ahead is under demon attack,” Kagashe said. “Well, lets not just stand here, it might me a Naraku trail,” Kagon said.

The three of them hurried down the road, and found the village ablaze, with a leaf-green haired, purple-eyed boy, with bright blue wings, in his back, who was wearing a jungle-green kimono, and was trying to fight off the demons with a fire whip, when several sutra exorcisms fired at the demons from the left, destroying the demons. “There is only one person in this world that is that precise, and he is a monk,” Kagashe said. Kagashe turned towards the bushes, with the strange boy walking over to the group. Alright, get out of the bushes, we know you’re there, Miroku,” Kagashe said. As the bushes were parted, Kagon asked, “Uh, what’s with that guy’s hand?” “That’s where Naraku put the Wind Tunnel curse on his family,” Kagashe said. “Oh, great, what next? First some strange Priest comes here, then demons, and now a monk; what is going on anyway?” the strange boy asked.

While keeping an extremely close eye on Miroku, Kagashe asked, “Say, uh… kid you got a name?” “Kaloga,” the boy said. “I see, Kaloga, do you have any relatives anywhere?” Kagashe asked. “None that are of any account. My father was killed twelve years ago, and the demons here just devoured every living thing they could find,” Kaloga said. “I see,” Kagashe said.

Miroku walked up, and asked, “Kaloga, could you explain what happened here?” “I was inside with my mom, when screams were heard. At the time I assumed one of the villagers was trying to lure me out so they could harass me, again, so I ignored it. I came out later when the screams intensified, I came out, long enough to hear that the demons were under a demon’s orders, named Sani, to annihilate the village, who was getting orders from a demon named Naraku, but that’s all I overheard. After that, I had to fight, because I had been spotted,” Kaloga said.

Kagashe looked at Miroku, who was standing in front of everyone, and Kagashe said, “Miroku, unless you’ve got a death wish, for some outlandish reason, I suggest you go after Naraku?” “How do you know me? Have we met in the past?’ Miroku asked. “Inu and I are from our parents future, so you could say we will meet in the future; you and our parents are friends, you’ll soon meet them,” Kagashe said. “NOW GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I GET IN ANGRY!” Kagashe yelled. Miroku said, “Yikes, alright, bye!” At that Miroku sprinted down the road and out of sight.

After Miroku was gone, Kagashe asked, “Kaloga, would you like to join us in the search for Naraku’s destruction?” Kaloga looked at Kagashe and said, “Of course, are you two half?” “No, were quarter demons, with priestess powers,” Kagashe said. “Oh, sorry I didn’t realize…” Kaloga said. “Hey, don’t worry about it,” Inu said. Kagashe looked around, and said, “It doesn’t look like there is much we can do here. I don’t even sense any bodies, human or demon.” “Say, I wonder why the park-like area wasn’t affected by any of this?” Inu asked.

Kagashe looked over at the park-like area, and said, “You’re right. That is curious.” “It is said that a long time ago, an extremely powerful priestess was buried there, and some people believe the barrier wards off evil demons, and makes it rain in the village, when fire and extensive droughts occur,” Kaloga said.

All of a sudden, the start of thunder was heard, and Kaloga said, “If we are going after Naraku, then let’s go, the rain will take care of the fire, and the village is all that will be affected.” “Alright, then let’s get going,” Kagashe said, “There won’t be shelter from the rain, in the village.” At that, the four of them left the village.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.  Kagashe, Kagon, Inu, Kaloga, and Sani I created.