- Text Size +
 

Chapter 10

 

Returning to

 

The Village

 

It has been several days since Kagashe and Kagon left the demon slayer’s village, and Kagon asked, “So, where are we headed? Do you even know where Naraku is?” “No, but before that is started, I must get back home, though I don’t know how I’m going to explain any of this to my parents. I don’t even know how long I’ve been out of commission for, either,” Kagashe said.

Just then Kaede’s village came into sight, and Kagashe stopped. Kagon looked at Kagashe, and asked, “What is it?” “I’m home, or at least I will be, once I enter the well,” Kagashe said. The two of them headed towards the village.

Once at the edge of the village, some villagers spotted them, and drew bows and arrows. “I thought you said that you came from here,” Kagon said. “I did, it’s just that I must’ve been out longer than I thought,” Kagashe said.

“Huh?” A man said, “Tell us you’re name, demon.” “It’s Kagashe Higurashi,” Kagashe said. The man lowered his weapon, and said, “Let them in. She helped Lady Kaede protect this village from demons years ago.” Everyone did as they were told and went back to their crops. The man they had just talked to walked with them, and Kagashe asked, “When was it that Kaede last saw me?” “About twenty-five years,” the man said. “I see, that means that my father has been released,” Kagashe said.

All of a sudden, a series of “sit” commands were heard coming from the direction of the bone eaters well; followed by a loud thud. The three of them stopped, and the man said, “I wonder what he did this time?” “That didn’t sound like just him falling. It sounded like a large rock fell too,” Kagashe said.

As they stood there, Shippo, who was in Kaede’s hut, came out, and said, “I told him to let her go.” Kagashe turned to Kagon, and said, “Go with this man to Kaede’s, I have a pretty good idea as to exactly which day this is.” Kagon nodded, and followed the man to the hut, and Kagashe headed to the well.

Once at the well, Kagashe stopped when she saw the large rock on top of Inuyasha. She grabbed the rock and put it somewhere else. “Just who are you?” Inuyasha yelled, trying to get up, but not making it very far. “Let’s get to Kaede’s,” Kagashe said, ignoring the question, and helping him up.

As they headed to Kaede’s, Inuyasha asked, “Have we met before?” “Last time, you were under the spell,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha was leaning on Kagashe and once at Kaede’s, he slid to the floor, and Kagashe said, “Do us all a favor, and don’t let Kagome kill you.”

Kaede said, “Kagashe, I think ye should know that somebody claiming to be ye brother came here looking for ye days ago.” “Really, how old was he, what did he look like, and what was his name?” Kagashe asked. After Kaede told Kagashe what happened, Kagashe said, “If what you say is true, then he’ll have to join me and Kagon to lure that demon away from the village.” “I see, ye are going home? Well, good luck,” Kaede said. Kagashe nodded, and said, “Kagon, I’ll be back.” At that, Kagashe left and headed towards the well.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  Kagash and Kenyo I created.