- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was written for the mirsan_fics community at LiveJournal. The prompt was "Laughter" and the requirement was that it be a drabble (250 words or less).

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other.


Laughter is the Best Medicine

"Have you ever heard such a beautiful sound?" Sango said quietly to Miroku.

The couple was sitting outside of their hut, watching their twin girls with Kagome. One of the two youngsters had done something that had all three of them laughing so hard they were almost rolling on the ground.

Miroku took a deep breath and sighed.

"Husband?"

"I must admit that I have never been so scared in my life. It's wonderful to hear them laugh again," he admitted.

"That fever... I was terrified we'd lose one, and then the other came down with it. I don't know what we would have done without Kagome and Kaede," Sango responded.

"I must thank Buddha for guiding them and for not allowing our son to fall ill as well. He's still so tiny..." Miroku's voice trailed away.

Sango choked back a sob. "At least our prayers to spare him were answered."

They couldn't help but to smile as the giggles of the two little girls and young miko were carried to them.

"It is infectious, isn't it?" Sango commented.

Miroku furrowed his brow. "The fever?"

"Their laughter. Hearing them carry on so, I can't help but to feel better," she confided. "What is it Kagome says? Laughter is the best medicine?"

Miroku nodded. "I believe that's it. Maybe not for ailing children, but it certainly helps their worried parents."

Sango leaned against Miroku, and he wrapped his arm around her. "Somehow it verifies that everything really will be all right."