- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was written for the mirsan_fics community at LiveJournal. The prompt was "Touch" and the requirement was that it be a oneshot (250+ words).

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. I just enjoy making them play with each other. 


Moth to the Flame

Miroku's hand reached forward of its own accord, though he hurriedly yanked it back when he realized what he had almost done. `Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it,' he chanted to himself as a mantra. `Don't touch!'

Sango was talking quietly with Kaede. His wife had just recently come to realize that she was pregnant with his child, and she had come to the old miko to obtain a remedy for morning sickness. Miroku couldn't help but stare at the object of his fascination and desire.

The monk's fingers stroked his chin instead as he held his elbow propped in his other hand. While he tried to look up and pretend that he was interested in the conversation of the two women, the truth was that he really wasn't. No, his attention was elsewhere. In fact if they asked, he would have had no clue as to what they were actually discussing.

As Sango moved her feet and shifted her weight Miroku realized that he wasn't imagining things. He was pretty certain that her lovely bottom had actually filled out more than just a little, making it...

`No, don't touch! Not if you want to keep your hand,' the lecherous monk reprimanded himself. By now Sango had come to almost accept his groping of her in private, but doing so in public was completely out of the question.

At the moment Miroku was wishing he had those prayer beads handy that he'd used to keep the kazaana sealed until the demise of Naraku. Except instead of protecting himself and everyone around him from the curse in his hand, he would use it to tie his hand down to keep it out of mischief. He barely moved his head to shake it to himself as he found his feet moving of their own accord. Apparently Sango was following Kaede to her hut to get something for the nausea she was waking up with each morning.

The monk quietly followed behind, taking the opportunity to study his wife's extraordinary bottom as she walked in front of him. Yes, there was no doubt about it - his pregnant wife had an extra sway in her hip and swing in her step. Her tight firm ass was developing into the rounder slightly fuller one of a mature woman. Once again he found his own hand stretching towards her, though she was far enough in front of him that he could not actually touch her. Instead, he had to settle for cupping his hand and imagining her lovely-

"Yes, my dear Sango?" Miroku responded to a question he hadn't really heard. It was a good thing she'd said his name or he'd have had no idea she was speaking to him. He double checked to make sure he'd closed his hand and pulled it back to his side.

"Kaede said she has something that will help and has gone inside to get it. You've been awfully quiet. What have you been thinking about?" she asked.

That boyish grin that made him so endearing and so innocent looking when he was anything but spread across his face. "Just how much things are going to change, and how beautiful you are," he responded.

Sango raised an eyebrow and glanced at the hand that she was certain was extending in her direction a moment before.

"Sango, you wound me," Miroku said dramatically, placing said hand over his heart.

"Not yet, but I will if you grope my ass in front of Kaede," she answered, though there was no real anger in her voice. In fact, she sounded a bit mischievous.

Miroku's expression morphed into a smirk. "Does that mean I can touch you elsewhere?"

"No!" she exclaimed with indignation but then added playfully, "Well, maybe."

"Elsewhere on your body, or elsewhere other than in front of Kaede?" the monk clarified.

"Neither!" Sango declared. "Why can't you behave?

Miroku shrugged. "What can I say? My hand is drawn towards your lovely bottom like a moth to the flame. Even though I know I might get burned, I still want to touch."

"Well, try to wait until you get back to your own hut to do so," Kaede suggested.

Miroku and Sango both jumped, startled, and looked sheepish.

"Okay," Sango responded.

"Okay?" Miroku queried.

"I'm already pregnant; what else could happen?" Sango commented.

The monk was grinning the whole walk home.