- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know some of this is dry, but its all leading into a adventure.
Chapter 3

The Reveal

It has been a few years since the defeat of Ciro through Kagashe, Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and Kagome; Kagashe is now ten, Sango and Miroku now have a five year old girl named Sanku. Sesshomaru and Kagura have an eight year old boy named Shanaru, and everyone with the exception of all the couples, is separated. Shippo who has been living with Kaede, has a girlfriend named Satloni, who is one of the villagers. Nobody knows what Kouga has been up to, except he went into the mountains seven years ago.
On the other side of the well, in the modern era, Inuyasha, Kagome, and Kagashe are about to leave, when Souta and Hitome, Souta’s fiancé, walk in. “Souta, where does your sister keep running off to?” Hitome asked. Souta looked at Kagome, who nodded. “You must never reveal what I’m about to tell you, and you probably won’t believe half of it, but here goes,” Souta said, and then he told her the story about Kagome and the well.
After he finished, Hitome said, “Interesting! I guess it is hard to swallow, but it makes sense. Don’t worry her secret is safe with me.” Souta smiled, and said, “Kagome, you’ll be here in three days, won’t you?” “I’ll try, but if I’m not, make sure to get a film of your wedding,” Kagome said, and they left.
When Kagome, Inuyasha, and Young Kagashe got out of the well, they were greeted by Sango, Sanku, Miroku, and Shippo. “What’s up?” Kagome asked. Young Kagashe asked, “Uh, who’s that, she looks like me.” Kagome and Inuyasha looked over at future Kagashe, and Kagome said, “I think that she is you.” “You mean the girl from the future?” Young Kagashe asked. “Yes and it looks like she has grown since last time,” Kagome said. Future Kagashe walked over and said, “I’m sorry to intrude but Ciro was the least of our problems.”
Just then, Sesshomaru, Rin, Jaken, Ah-Un, Kagura, and Shanaru appeared. Future Kagashe as usual didn’t look at Sesshomaru. “Hey, Kagashe answer me one question,” Kagome said. “Uh, yeah?” Future Kagashe said, without fear. “Why is it that you never look at your uncle?” Kagome asked. “He saved my life more than a dozen times, and yet I couldn’t get Rin to listen to me long enough to save her and Jaken’s life. She and Jaken were killed by Kanincha when I was eight, while we were working on the time machine. She was told to stay inside, but didn’t listen. It was bad enough that Shippo was killed because I wasn’t paying attention to the bugs, but that…” future Kagashe trailed off. “Oh, sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Kagome started. “Its okay, you would have found out anyway,” Future Kagashe said.
Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters Rumiko Takahashi does.  Ciro, Present Kagashe, Sanku, Satloni, Shanaru, and Future Kagashe I created.