- Text Size +

With a trembling hand he slowly advanced towards the coffin. Laying a hand on it, he tried to open it only to stop. There were so many memories of her flashing in his mind. Closing his eyes, he placed his hands on the cover before taking it off. Small gasps could be heard around him. Praying to Kami, he opened his eyes.

 

There was no body. Only in the coffin was an elegant bow made from some kind of dark wood, and a basket full of arrows wonderfully carved. Then there was a bright flash of white light. Everyone including Sesshomaru backed away from the coffin to sooth his or her eyes.

 

Looking around Rin exclaimed, “Where’s Kagome?”

 

Inuyasha peered into the light and saw a figure inside the sight and pointed it out to everyone. Soon the light began to fade and Kagome could be seen clearly. There was a glow around her. The group watched as she raised her hand, and followed her hands direction to see that it was raised in the direction of the coffin. Slowly the arrow basket and the bow rose, also glowing. Then it went towards Kagome, slowly, until it was within her grasp.

 

Kikyo was looking at Kagome to find that Kagome was starting to sweat. There was a slight tremor in her hand. Gasping she warned Sesshomaru, “Sesshomaru go to her, she is using too much of her miko powers. She hasn’t fully recovered yet. This might harm her internal force.”

 

Sesshomaru nodded and made his way towards Kagome and said to her slowly, “Kagome, drop the bow. You’re going to kill yourself this way.”

 

Kagome stared at the man in front of her. She wanted to drop the bow too, but her body wouldn’t let her. She could feel her powers slowly leaking out of her. Using a good amount of strength she said, “I-I c-can’t.” Sesshomaru understood and was thinking furiously of a way for her to stop. Seeing that this wasn’t working so well, he decided to transfer some of his energy into her. Removing her hair from her shoulder he checked to see if she had the mating mark. Upon her pale shoulder he could see it.

 So she truly is Kagome. 

Calling his youki forth, he transferred some of his into her. Soon Kagome stopped glowing, and she dropped the bow to the ground before standing in shock. Kikyo picked up the bow carefully along with the basket of arrows, and together everyone headed back to the mansion.

 

****

 

As they entered the conference room, everyone sat down and gave Kagome some time to regain her composure. Seeing that Kagome had calmed down, Inuyasha started his ranting.

 

“What were you thinking? You could’ve have killed her! You know how powerful your youki, is, it could have taken over her system!”

 

“Do you see her dead yet, Inuyasha?” asked Sesshomaru calmly. “And after all, she does have the mark to help her control my youki.”

 

“Kagome still has the mark?” asked Miroku, thoroughly surprised.

 

Sesshomaru nodded. Kagome sat through this conversation, very confused and spoke up, “What mark?”

 

“Why Kagome, your mate mark with Sesshomaru. Don’t you remember?” asked Sango.

 

“No, I don’t. So Sesshomaru is my m-mate?” asked Kagome.

 

Looking over at him, Kagome saw him nod.

 

Sesshomaru felt a stab in him when he heard that she didn’t remember their mate mark, but after all, so much had happened, so he couldn’t blame her.

 

“Kagome, what happened back there?” asked Kikyo, getting back to business.

 

“I really don’t know, at first I have the urge to claim the bow and arrows but then it was as if they were challenging me, I have no control over my powers,” said Kagome.

 

“So it was testing you,” murmured Kikyo.

 

“Testing her?” asked Shippo.

 

“Yes, what Lady Kikyo means is that it was testing her to see if she was powerful enough to be its owner. Like Tokijin challenging Sesshomaru to see if he was strong enough to be its master.”

 

Shippo nodded, showing that he understood. 

 

“But why would it be challenging me to see if I’m strong enough?” asked Kagome still confused.

 

“Because you are destined to be the next Mistress of Time,” said Miroku quietly.

 

“Hai, she must be the next one,” replied Kikyo.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” asked Inuyasha, not wanting to be left out.

 

“You see Inuyasha, ages ago while in my studies at Mushin’s, I have come across an ancient scroll. I remember reading briefly about the legend of the Mistress of Time,” replied Miroku.

 

“Hai, I too have read something like that during my training to become a miko,” said Kikyo

 

“Then we shall proceed to Mushin’s temple tomorrow and read this legend,” said Sesshomaru.

 

“Lord Sesshomaru, can I-” started Rin but she was cut off, “No, you shall remain here and take care of the household.

 

“Yes, Sesshomaru-sama,” she sighed.

 

“Wait, Miroku, you said that you read that scroll centuries ago, but are you not human?” asked Kagome.

 

“Ah, Lady Kagome, I have asked myself that often but you see, I don’t know the answer myself. After you died 250 years ago, we were kept alive, never to die and forever in youth. I myself along with Sango and Kohaku do not know the answer. Kikyo is here now, because she has mated with Inuyasha, allowing her a longer life. Inuyasha

miraculously became a full demon, though he looks the same, two days after your death. Rin became a half-demon the same way that Inuyasha became a full demon. The reasons, you ask for, I’m afraid I can’t help you with,” said Miroku.

 

“Oh, I see,” said Kagome.

 

“I think we should head to the bed and rest. We should head out early tomorrow,” said Shippo. Everyone nodded and went out of the room. Kagome stood up and was about to leave when a deep voice called out to her, “Allow me to accompany you.”

 

Turning around she saw that it was Sesshomaru.

 

She smiled and nodded.

 

Sesshomaru smiled too.

 Is it really you Kagome? Please Kami, give her back to me.
Chapter End Notes:

*A/N Woot! I finished chapter four after such a looooonnngggg time…sorry! It’s short and I was hoping for something more. Give me advice on what to do. I need lots of advice! And thanks to SesshyStalker1 for editing this.*