Leaves of Happiness by doggieearlover
Summary: InuYasha finds Kagome happily playing in leaves
Categories: Drabbles, Humor, Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi
Challenges: None
Series: Confessions of Two Hearts
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 320 Read: 2569 Published: 26 Oct 2008 Updated: 26 Oct 2008
Story Notes:
This was written for the First Tweak community at LiveJournal. The prompt was "Leaves" and the requirement was that it be a drabble (300 words or less).

1. Leaves of Happiness by doggieearlover

Leaves of Happiness by doggieearlover

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.

 

Leaves of Happiness

"What in the world are you doing, woman?" InuYasha asked, amused at the sight before him.

Kagome was in the middle of a huge pile of leaves, thrashing around and throwing them like a kid. "Come on, InuYasha. It's fun!"

The hanyou looked at her like she'd grown a second head.

Kagome stopped what she was doing. "Didn't you ever do this when you were little?"

He just shook his head in response. "I might have used a pile of leaves to hide from something trying to kill me, but I never threw them around like that. Where'd you get so many of them, anyway?"

"Those steady winds we've had the last couple of days blew them against the line of bushes here," the miko said. "When I was a child, I used to get into the piles of leaves that Jii-chan had swept up around the shrine. He finally realized I did it when I was happy about something, so he'd ask me why before he made me help clean them back up."

"So why are you happy, Kagome?" InuYasha asked.

She grinned. "Come and help me, and maybe I'll tell you."

Shaking his head, InuYasha sat down next to her and half-heartedly starting flinging leaves.

"Not like that - like this!" she exclaimed as she scooped both hands together and threw them upwards, so that the leaves were raining down on them.

Mostly to humor his wife, the hanyou copied her and threw a huge number into the air, including something that was much bigger and much more colorful than any of the leaves.

"What was that?" he asked as he reached to snag it on its way down.

"That is why I'm happy."

InuYasha stared at the tiny kimono in his hands. "You mean..."

She nodded.

 

 

 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=841