She's Like the Wind by Roxotaku
Summary: Written for Sesshomaru prompt at Feudal Tales on LJ. Sesshomaru is thinking about someone, an introspective piece...
Categories: Angst/ Drama Characters: Kagura, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 365 Read: 1451 Published: 28 Sep 2008 Updated: 28 Sep 2008

1. Chapter 1 She's Like the Wind by Roxotaku

Chapter 1 She's Like the Wind by Roxotaku

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi and her publishers own these characters, I make 0 from this story.

 

She’s Like the Wind

 

The warm summer wind blew his silk robes around him as Sesshomaru stood on a sheer cliff watching the valley below.

 

 His mind had been troubled as of late and there was no peace from the whirling thoughts that had been plaguing him.

 

 Actually, he had to be honest with himself. All of his thoughts seemed to be centered around one person lately and it was beginning to irritate him greatly.

 

 Hearing a noise behind him he turned to see the object of his disordered mind and made a decision.

 

 Today he would put his thoughts to rest. She had been too much on his mind recently, and it was causing strange things to go on inside him. Now she was confronting him – again.

 

The wind sorceress stood behind him, gazing at him intently with her red eyes. Kaguras expression was solemn, and she quirked an eyebrow at him and firming up her chin challengingly.

 

“You have something to say to me?” Sesshomaru said.

 

“I want my freedom, Lord Sesshomaru,” replied Kagura. “You are the only one who can defeat Naraku.”

 

“I will defeat him,” said Sesshomaru.

 

“I can’t wait any longer!” said Kagura in frustration. “Very soon I am afraid he will put an end to me – permanently.”

 

At Kaguras words, Sesshomaru felt an unusual feeling. What was this? It truly disturbed and troubled him to believe what she said. As he gazed at her, trying to come to terms with these feelings, she clenched her fists at her sides.

 

“What, you don’t believe me?” she said defiantly.

 

“I…believe you,” said Sesshomaru and turned away.

 

Behind him, Sesshomaru heard her make a noise of anger and disappointment. The wind came, sweeping his hair and his clothes in a swirl around him. It was cool, but it did not ease the feeling in his heart. He knew that she was gone. Would he ever see her again? Suddenly knew that the world would be a barren place without her.

 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=780