Inuyasha's race against time by TonyaCora
Summary: (sequal to True to your heart)br>
All he was going to do was check on Kaede and then get back to kagome. It was that simple..So why is it a year later Inuyasha is still trying to get through the well??? How is Kagome Coping with the fact that Inuyasha may never return??? How is it a 1 year old Hanyou can Keep Kagome from the deepest and darkest depression........
Categories: Romance > InuYasha/ Kagome, Romance > Miroku/ Sango Characters: Hojo, Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Kagome's Mom, Kirara, Miroku, Sango
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 4633 Read: 29649 Published: 28 Aug 2008 Updated: 28 Aug 2008
Story Notes:
I do not own Inuyasha nor the songs

1. Prologue by TonyaCora

2. 1 year later by TonyaCora

3. Kagome's Date by TonyaCora

4. Hojo's song by TonyaCora

5. Kagome's heart by TonyaCora

6. Another Happy ending..... by TonyaCora

Prologue by TonyaCora
(1 Year Earlier)


Inuyasha stood in front of the well house Holding Kagome to him. "Dont worry i will be back by Tonight" Kagome sighed and she nodded. She then buried her face into his chest. She hated it when he went back to check on things.

Inuyasha sighed as he held her tightly. He pulled back and he took his fire-rat robe off and he handed it to her. "Keep it warm...Tonight we will be back together and i wont have to go back for a while."

Kagome Nodded and she leaned in, she pressed her lips again Inuyasha's and she smiled. Inuyasha walked into the well house and he jumped onto the side of the well. He turned and he looked back at Kagome. he smiled and he jumped into the well......That was the last time she ever saw him
1 year later by TonyaCora
Kagome stood on the stage, She looked out into the crowd and she sighed, Among the faces were Sango Her newly adopted sister, Miroku, Sango’s Perverted Husband, and Shippo, Kagome’s Adopted Son. She Winced as the light came on above her head. The people in the crowd gasped. Kagome wore a floor length Red strapless gown, her hair had been braided and pulled back into a bun. She Grabbed the microphone and she took a deep breath.

It had been one year since Inuyasha told her he loved her. One year since the night her and Inuyasha had bonded in more ways than anyone could ever know. Now Kagome was alone. Inuyasha had been called back to the feudal era and he never came back. When Kagome tried to get through the well, She was shocked to find it had been sealed. Now her and her new family was stuck in her time when they desperately wanted to get back home. But Kagome had something that would always tie her to Inuyasha. She looked into the audience and she smiled at her 3-month-old daughter Akira, who was sitting in Annie Higurashi’s lap.

Akira looked exactly like her father, Long silver hair with black streaks. Her eyes were the golden amber color Kagome always fell in love with. As tears filled her eyes Kagome began to Sing,

Every night in my dreams
I see you. I feel you.
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never go till we're one

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

There is some love that will not
go away

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Kagome vocalized as the song came to an end. The people in the audience gave her a standing ovation. She smiled but underneath her smile, Kagome was screaming. She wanted To know Why Inuyasha never came back…She needed him now more than ever and yet a part of her knew she would never see him again.

Later that night Kagome sat outside in front of the well with Akira. She smiled as she looked down at the child in her arms. Kagome ran her fingers across Akira’s small dog-ears, Then another thought hit her, Inuyasha knew nothing of Akira. Kagome never got to tell him she was pregnant.

Later on as Kagome lay Akira down in her crib, Sango and Annie came into the room. Kagome stood and she looked at them, Annie smiled “You sang beautifully my dear.” Kagome smiled “Thanks mom.” Kagome took in a deep breath and the tears began to fall, Sango ran to her and she sank down to the floor with Kagome. Annie knelt in front of them both and she held them. Kagome had her good days and she had her bad days. Although it seemed recently more bad were happening than good.

Ever since coming back to Kagome’s time, They had all undergone changes. Sango no longer seemed to worry about Kohaku, as much as she did, Miroku wasn’t as perverted in fact he swore himself to Sango and he stopped looking at other women. Shippo had grown taller and was starting to resemble a young boy. But he still clung to Kagome when ever he could. Last but not least, Kagome seemed to have undergone the greatest change, After having Akira she began to look more and more like Kikyo. Her hair now reached her bottom and her eyes held no emotion. She had cried so much after finding out the well was sealed. It seemed she would never cry again, Then when she had her fits the family thought the old Kagome was coming back. It seemed Kagome could only smiled when she looked at her daughter.

When Kagome wasn’t singing with Sango, She was practicing her fighting skills. She trained non-stop, she would train until she couldn’t even walk up the stairs. All for nothing.

(Feudal Era)

Inuyasha walked around Kaede’s village sulking. He had been trying to get back to Kagome for over a year. He growled as he cut a tree limb in half. He knew she would still be holding on. She promised him that no matter what happened she would always wait for him….he sighed as he sat in front of the well,

“I’m coming Kagome…I promise just hang on a little longer.”

Kaede had passed on 9 months ago and a new priestess had taken over. Demons still ran around the countryside but they were not a threat with the jewel shard gone. But all that mattered to Inuyasha was getting back to the Woman who held his heart in the palm of her hand…….The only problem was ……She was 500 years in the future.
Kagome's Date by TonyaCora
(2 Months later)

Kagome ran down the street as fast as she could. She was late for her second job. Ever since Kagome had rescued Inuyasha from the facility, The City of Tokyo had been begging her to Run it in the way it was supposed to be run. Now Kagome was one of the trainers in the facility.

It seemed Kagome’s life was nothing but work, Training and sleep. Annie and Sango thought it was about time Kagome went out and had fun…So they arranged for her to go out one night with Hojo. When Kagome got home Sango grabbed her by the arm and she shut the two of them in her room. “Listen Kagome, You are overworking yourself…. you need to Relax and have fun.” Kagome sighed, Every time Sango talked like this, She was trying to get Kagome to move on.

“Sango Please…I don’t want to move on so don’t try to force me”

Sango sighed and she thrust a box into Kagome’s hands. “if you don’t want to move on for your sake then don’t…But think of Akira……” Sango walked out and Kagome leaned into the wall. She opened the box and she pulled out a black dress and heels. An hour later Kagome walked down the stairs wearing the dress and heels. Her hair was down with part of it held back with a black comb. She walked into the living room and her eyes fell on Hojo. She smiled as he held his hand out. She slowly took it and they walked out of the house.

Sango walked in holding Akira, “Did we do the right thing?”

Miroku sighed as he picked their one-year-old son Aki up from his playpen “we had no choice Sango…She was dying on the inside.”

Hojo and Kagome arrived at the restaurant and they were taken to their table. Hojo smiled as he sat across from Kagome. “So um…How have you been doing?”

Kagome smiled, “I’ve been ok….I have Akira to keep me going.” Hojo Nodded, “Your mom let me see her…She is beautiful.” Kagome nodded and the rest of the dinner was silent. When it was over, Hojo took her home and he walked her to the top of the stairs. Kagome turned and she smiled,

“Thank you for Tonight Hojo but…I don’t think I can do this”

Hojo placed his hand on her shoulder and he sighed, “Kagome I know your hurting…But I’m hurting to…. Let me be your friend…. Let me be the shoulder you lean on.”

Kagome’s eyes glistened and she leaned in and Hugged Hojo tightly, “thank you.” Hojo’s arms went around her and he held her to him. He reluctantly let go and he walked away. Kagome stood until she could no longer see him before going inside. She smiled when she saw Akira in her playpen. She knelt down and she picked Akira up. She pulled the bandanna off her ears and she smiled. Akira looked up at her mother and she grinned reviling her tiny fangs.

Annie walked into the room and she knelt in front of them. She smiled as she watched her daughter and granddaughter. “You know Kagome, when your father died I thought I was never going to get over it. But as time went by I found it easier to smile…Easier to go out and have fun….It will get easier…maybe you should give Hojo a chance.”

Kagome held Akira close and she thought for a moment. She nodded and she looked at her mother with glossy eyes. Annie pulled Kagome and Akira close and she held them tightly.

“It will be ok Kagome…I promise”

The next morning Kagome sat in her room on the floor. In front of her lay Inuyasha’s Fire Rat robe and his other belongings…Kagome packed them all except the robe…She would wear it tonight when she went out with Hojo again. Sango came in with Aki and she smiled as she sat Aki in the playpen with Akira. She knelt next to Kagome and she grinned.

“Are the two of you coming to the club tonight???

Kagome nodded “Yes. He told me he has a surprise for me. I’m a little nervouse. “

Sango put her hand on Kagome’s shoulder and she smiled, “I’m sure it will be alright.”

Suddenly they heard a squeal come from the playpen. “MAMA!” Kagome gasped, It was Akira. She stood and she picked the child up and she smiled, Sango raised an eyebrow “how is that possible she is only 3 months.” Kagome grinned as tears filled her eyes :She is a half Demon remember…Her mind will age faster.”

That night as Hojo arrived Kagome stood in her room looking at her reflection. She wore Inuyasha’s Fire-rat robe as a dress. It was long enough it just barely reached her knees. She wore matching red heals, and she had left her hair down. She walked down the stairs and Hojo smiled, “You look great Kagome” He pulled a single red rose out and Kagome smiled as she took it, “Thank you Hojo”

The two couples left for the club and Annie smiled as she saw in the living room with the two children……She only hoped Kagome would be allright.
Hojo's song by TonyaCora
When the couples arrived at the club, Hojo slipped off to the back. Kagome was left sitting in the audience confused. She sighed and Sango put her arm around her, Suddenly the lights dimmed and Hojo walked onto the stage. Kagome stood and she gasped,

Hojo smiled as he grabbed the microphone, “This song is dedicated to Kagome Higurashi” The music began and he started to sing,

[Chorus:]

Don't leave, I think I love you
I just saw the rest of my life, honey you're in it
Won't you hear what I say, give me a minute
Don't leave, I think I love you
I know you think I'm crazy, And you probably should
I wouldn't make this up, I couldn't dream this good

Now baby Don't tell me that I missed my chance
I haven't heard last call, would you like to dance?
I've been sitting here waiting on you all night
Why don't you give me that old good-to-go green light
Am I coming on strong, baby movin' kinda fast
I'm rushing along but at least I gotta ask
I couldn't live with myself if you got away
I'm a love sick puppy, baby what do you say?

[Chorus]

It's late and been a long night, you're tired I know
Aw, don't break my heart, baby please don't go
It Ain't the shikey talkin', ain't this neon light
You see I've fallen stone-cold in love at first sight
Gonna cut to the chase, baby get right to it
I got a lot to say and a short time to do it
Aw, Don't walk away honey I'm just trying to
Aw... listen to me talkin', I'm a babblin' fool

[chorus]

Really baby, don't leave
I think I love you
I know you think I'm crazy, and you probably should
I wouldn't make this up, I couldn't dream this good

The song ended and Kagome was in tears. She covered her mouth with her hand as Hojo walked up to her. He held his arms open and Kagome ran into them. The club went crazy, They stood clapping and cheering. Sango and Miroku smiled as they clapped with the others.

Meanwhile Annie sat in the livingroom playing with the kids. She stiffened when she heard the back door open. She stood picking Akira and Aki up. She walked into the Kitchen. The door stood wide open. She went and closed it and she turned around, She screamed as she leaned into the wall. The figure stood in the shadow’s as it stepped forward Annie slid down to her knees, She held The kids close, When Akira leaned up and the light fell on her the figure stopped….It dropped to its knees and the light shined on the persons face…..Annie’s eyes went wide as she stood…..

“in…Inuyasha!?”
End Notes:

*GASP* Inuyasha's back....But Kagome is on a date with hojo *DOUBLE GASP* what will happen now?

Kagome's heart by TonyaCora
Hojo and Kagome stood outside of the shrine, Hojo smiled and he leaned in to Kiss her. But Kagome put her hand up, her eyes filled with tears as she shook her head, “I cant Hojo….I’m sorry….My heart is still hurting….Its to soon.” Hojo Nodded and he smiled “I understand….If you ever need me…Call me” She nodded and she watched as Hojo walked off.

She turned and she walked inside. She went upstairs and she shut the door behind her. Akira held her arms up to her mother and Kagome smiled as she picked the child up. She sat on the bed and her eyes fell on a photo of her and Inuyasha. Kagome picked it up and she held it in front of Akira, She pointed to Inuyasha “That’s your father….Can you say dada?”

Akira looked at the picture, her small hand covered Kagome’s, The child let out a squeal as she tried to say it. Kagome smiled and she sat the picture down. She changed into her pj;s and she Climbed in bed. She held Akira in her arms and she tried to sleep. Inuyasha stood in the shadow’s watching. As soon as he was sure they were asleep he stepped into view. He knelt down and he looked at Akira. He gently ran his fingers over the child’s face and he stood. Annie opened the door and she motioned for Inuyasha to come down stairs.

When Inuyasha entered the living room, Sango flew into his arms, She hugged him tightly. Inuyasha stiffened and then he hugged her back. She pulled away and she looked at him, “what happened Inuyasha?”

He sighed “I tried to come back that night, But the well had sealed itself. I don’t know why. I tried so hard to get back to you guys….How is Kagome doing?”

Annie shook her head, “Not good. We thought she was hanging onto a ghost so we set her up with Hojo. We thought you were gone Inuyasha. Kagome has forced herself to believe that you aren’t coming back.”

“well I’m back and I’m never leaving her again…How can I get her back”

They thought for a moment and then Sango snapped her fingers, “The Club…Kagome sings their twice a night now…You can go up to her after her final song” Inuyasha nodded and he grinned….

The next morning Sango woke Kagome up and they began to get ready for the club. After Kagome left with her bag they brought Inuyasha back into the house. They dressed him in Jeans, A black button up shirt and boots. He put his black bandanna on and he grinned. Sango dressed in tight black pants, a red tube top and heels. Annie and the rest of the family followed as Sango dragged Inuyasha to the club. They came in just as the lights dimmed, Kagome walked on stage and Inuyasha’s eyes filled with tears. It was like seeing her for the first time all over again.

Kagome wore a tight black spaghetti strapped knee length dress, black heels. Her hair was down, it fell down her back in loose ringlets. The music started and she began to sing.,


I was sitting on my doorstep,
I hung up the phone and it fell out of my hand,
But I knew I had to do it,
And he wouldn't understand,
So hard to see myself without him,
I felt a piece of my heart break,
But when you're standing at a crossroad,
There's a choice you gotta make.

[Chorus:]
I guess it's gonna have to hurt,
I guess I'm gonna have to cry,
And let go of some things I've loved,
To get to the other side,
I guess it's gonna break me down,
Like falling when you try to fly,
It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life,
Starts with goodbye.

I know there's a blue horizon,
Somewhere up ahead, just waiting for me,
Getting there means leaving things behind,
Sometimes life's so bitter sweet.

[Chorus:]
I guess it's gonna have to hurt,
I guess I'm gonna have to cry,
And let go of some things I've loved,
To get to the other side,
I guess it's gonna break me down,
Like falling when you try to fly,
It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life,
Starts with goodbye.

Time, time heals,
The wounds that you feel,
Somehow, right now.

[Chorus:]
I guess it's gonna have to hurt,
I guess I'm gonna have to cry,
And let go of some things I've loved,
To get to the other side,
I guess it's gonna break me down,
Like falling when you try to fly,
It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life,
Starts with goodbye,
I guess I'm gonna have to cry,
And let go of some things I've loved,
To get to the other side,
Starts with goodbye,
The only way you try to find,
Moving on with the rest of your life,
Starts with goodbye,

Kagome bowed as the audience clapped and she walked off the stage. Inuyasha turned around and he sighed. “She has been hurting…I could feel it…..” Sango put her hand on his shoulder and he put his head down. Twenty minutes later Kagome came back out, this time she wore a Blue halter knee length gown with black heels. She took the microphone in her hand and she spoke….

“This song means a lot to me. I thought I had the perfect ending. But it seemed I wasn’t going to get the ending I wanted. I have a daughter because of him and I couldn’t live without her. But…..A broken heart never heals…It just gets worse…This song is for him….”

The music began and Kagome sang,


It was two weeks after the day she turned eighteen
All dressed in white
Going to the church that night
She had his box of letters in the passenger seat
Sixpence in a shoe, something borrowed, something blue
And when the church doors opened up wide
She put her veil down
Trying to hide the tears
Oh she just couldn't believe it
She heard trumpets from the military band
And the flowers fell out of her hand

Baby why'd you leave me
Why'd you have to go?
I was counting on forever, now I'll never know
I can't even breathe
It's like I'm looking from a distance
Standing in the background
Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now
This can't be happening to me
This is just a dream

The preacher man said let us bow our heads and pray
Lord please lift his soul, and heal this hurt
Then the congregation all stood up and sang the saddest song that she ever heard
Then they handed her a folded up flag
And she held on to all she had left of him
Oh, and what could have been
And then the guns rang one last shot
And it felt like a bullet in her heart

Baby why'd you leave me
Why'd you have to go?
I was counting on forever, now I'll never know
I can't even breathe
It's like I'm looking from a distance
Standing in the background
Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now
This can't be happening to me
This is just a dream

Oh,
Baby why'd you leave me
Why'd you have to go?
I was counting on forever, now I'll never know
Oh, now I'll never know
It's like I'm looking from a distance
Standing in the background
Everybody's saying, he's not coming home now
This can't be happening to me
This is just a dream

Oh, this is just a dream
Just a dream
Yeah, Yeah


Inuyasha stood and he walked out of the club. He couldn’t….She seemed to not want him back….Or so he thought……He had one more idea up his sleeve…If this didn’t work…..Then he would spend eternity alone.
Another Happy ending..... by TonyaCora
On the way home Sango and the others tried to act normal. When they reached the shrine, Everyone left Kagome and Akira alone in the living room. As Kagome sat in the dark, Inuyasha walked into the room. He tried not to cry as he spoke, “Kagome…”

Kagome stood and she turned around, her eyes landed on Inuyasha and she immediately began to sob. As she went to fall Inuyasha ran forward to catch her and Akira. Kagome looked into his eyes as if she were seeing a ghost…

“Your….your alive…..Your real…I’m not dreaming?”

Inuyasha broke into tears, “No..Kagome your not dreaming..Im here and I’m never leaving you again.”

Akira looked up at the man and she screamed at the top of her lungs, “DADA!” Kagome looked down at Akira and her eyes went wide. Inuyasha fell over and he gasped. Kagome set Akira down. The child crawled to Inuyasha and she held her arms out. Inuyasha looked down at the child and he picked her up gently.

Kagome Smiled through her tears as she watched. Akira reached up and she giggled as she tugged on Inuyasha’s ears. Inuyasha smiled and he set Akira down.

“Kagome why didn’t you tell me that you were Carrying my pup?”

Kagome put her head down and she sighed, “Because I didn’t know about Akira until the next day…. and you still hadn’t come back…I even tried to jump into the well and I couldn’t. a million thoughts went through my head…you went back to Kikyo…you had been hurt…But yet a part of me knew you would come back one day. Then when I had Akira, It seemed I finally had a reason to keep the hope that you would return alive.”

Inuyasha crawled to Kagome and he pulled her close. He leaned down and he kissed her deeply and passionately. Kagome held onto Inuyasha as if her life depended on it, Akira let out a cry and Inuyasha picked her up. Kagome held them both all through the night…

(9 months later)

People from all over the city gathered in the club. Akira was turning 1 and the Kagome had invited everyone she knew. Everyone smiled as they sang happy birthday to the toddler and they laughed when she tried to blow her candles out. As they sat around talking the lights dimmed. They all stood and looked around, Inuyasha cleared his through and they turned towards the stage, “Kagome could you come here please?”

Kagome smiled as she walked onto the stage. Inuyasha handed her a red rose and he began to sing,



Oh why you look so sad
The tears are in your eyes
Come on and come to me now
Don’t be ashamed to cry
Let me see you through
Cause I’ve seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you
You don't know what to do
Nothing you confess
Could make me love you less

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you

So if you're mad get mad
Don’t hold it all inside
Come on and talk to me now
Hey, what you got to hide
I get angry too
Well I’m a lot like you

When you're standing at the crossroads
And don't know which path to choose
Let me come along
Cause even if you're wrong

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour
And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

And when, when the night falls on you, baby
You feeling all alone
You won't be on your own

I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you
Won’t let nobody hurt you
I’ll stand by you
Take me in into you darkest hour
And I’ll never desert you
I’ll stand by you

Oh I’ll stand by you
I’ll stand by you

Kagome smiled as the song ended. The crowd began to chant her name so she took a microphone….the music started and she stood close to Inuyasha, her eyes met his and they never left as she sang,


I've been down
Now I'm blessed
I felt a revelation coming around
I guess its right, it's so amazing
Everytime I see you I'm alive
You're all I've got
You lift me up
The sun and the moonlight
All my dreams are in your eyes

I wanna be inside your heaven
Take me to the place you cry from
Where the storm blows your way
I wanna be the earth that holds you
Every bit of air you're breathin' in
A soothin' wind
I wanna be inside your heaven

When we touch, when we love
The stars light up
The wrong becomes undone
Naturally, my soul surrenders
The sun and the moonlight
All my dreams are in your eyes

And I wanna be inside your heaven
Take me to the place you cry from
Where the storm blows you away
And I wanna be the earth that holds you
Every bit of air you're breathing in
A soothing wind
I wanna be inside your heaven

When minutes turn to days and years
If mountains fall, I'll still be here
Holdin you until the day I die
And I wanna be inside your heaven
Take me to the place you cry from
Where the storm blows you away

Inuyasha held her close and Kagome sang only to where he could hear,

I wanna be inside your heaven
Take me to the place you cry from
Where the storm blows you away
I wanna be the earth that holds you
Every bit of air you're breathin' in
A soothin' wind
I wanna be inside your heaven
Oh yes I do
I wanna be inside your heaven

He smiled as he rested his fore head against her, “I love you Kagome…I always have and I always will”

Kagome smiled as she leaned in and kissed Inuyasha Gently. Their kiss sent the club into applause and cheers. But they only saw each other, They only heard their hearts beating as one. His blood was her blood. They were each others reasons for living…Akira only made it better…..Akira gave them a change to be a normal family….well as normal as they could be.
End Notes:
So ends the second part of True to your heart...See you soon!!
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=700