The Talk by Taiyoukai_Nile
Summary: Sango briefly muses over Miroku and finally has her say.
Categories: General Characters: Sango
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 842 Read: 1777 Published: 09 Sep 2007 Updated: 09 Sep 2007

1. The Talk by Taiyoukai_Nile

The Talk by Taiyoukai_Nile
Author's Notes:
This is all Sangos thoughts. I am apt to using '' for thoughts and will be doing so. This is not a fully story, but a small one- shot.
WHACK!

'That houshi! I love him, but I wish for just one day he would not grope me.'

As Sango viewed the comatosed monk on the ground, she could not stay mad at him for long.

'He has suffered as much or probably even more than I have and these silly things that he does must be the only thing keeping his sanity in check.'

She heard Inu Yasha growl, and then Shippo say, "He'll never learn."

Of course, Kagome always giggled. Sango wanted to giggle along with the futuristic miko, but she was really tired of Miroku's antics. She wanted one day without groping and suggestive hints her way.

'That is something that may never occur,' she sighed to herself as she set her hiraikotsu aside.

Inu Yasha gruffly yelled to break for camp since Miroku was in his blissful daze. Sango always wondered how he derived enjoyment from her hitting him.

She once mentioned this to Kagome during a bath and Kagome had mentioned that Miroku was probably liked it. Of course Sango gaped at her friend in disbelief, but Kagome had explained that there was a practice in her time between people who derived pleasure from giving pain, or receiving pain. Sango had only heard about some demons getting off by the same means, but it was hard to fathom any human doing the same.

She was not sure if the dark haired houshi really enjoyed such treatment. She certainly did not enjoy dishing out the pain. She wanted a man that respected her wholly.

'Perhaps I should talk to Miroku?'

The thought of it made her blush, but he had been serious many times that he wanted her to possibly be with him after the final battle with Naraku. The situation in Mt. Hakurei had made her fall harder for him. It was just all the other stuff in between that really pissed her off. She just wanted to be courted properly like a woman should and being that she had been the headman's daughter, she felt she deserved it. Despite being a demon slayer, she was a woman. She felt like a woman, even beneath the tough exterior.

Her thoughts drifted as she heard Miroku groan and sit up.

"Miroku, I must speak with you," she said.

"Anything, lovely Sango," he replied softly, and then rose to his feet.

She told the others that they would be back, and then beckoned Miroku to follow her. Although she knew Inu Yasha might hear their conversation, she did not want to go too far from the group. Once satisfied with the distance, she stopped, and then turned to Miroku.

"What did you want to speak about, Sango?" he asked, his dark blue eyes full of concern.

"I want you to stop groping me. If you want to be with me, you need to court me properly. I don't care for trinkets. I have no room to carry such things on my person. I care for you deeply, Miroku, but I want to be respected. I want to be in your arms, but I think you go over the top with your hand. I know it is a habit. I'm pretty sure it is not another curse, so, I am asking you to stop. If you care for me as I care for you, you will do this," she said sternly, looking him in the eye.

For a moment, she saw Miroku's eyebrow's shoot up in shock, apparently surprised by her request. She was surprised to be so forthcoming after all this time. She had always hit him in retaliation, but never just took him aside to talk.

"My dear Sango, it relieves me to hear you say this. I do care for you. This habit has become out of hand. For a long time I did it to get your attention. I did it a lot with other women, but when I met you, I focused on you. I started caring for you from the start. The groping and smooth word with other women were also ways I tried to get attention. I wanted to get a reaction from you and wanted you to have feelings for me. Obviously, it was a horrible way to get attentions. I do want to be with you and be your husband when this whole Naraku fiasco is finished. I will respect your request, my dearest," he replied softly, and then took her in his arms.

She tensed, almost ready to hit him if he groped her, but he held her close. She relaxed and laid her head on his chest, taking in the smell that made him.

"Good, because I almost believed Kagome," Sango said with a dry laugh.

"Oh, and what was that?" he wondered.

"She said you might get pleasure from the pain," she answered truthfully.

She could feel his chest vibrate with mirth before he laughed out loud.

"Oh really? Well, only from you Sango. Only from you," he replied and then parted from her. "Come, let us return."
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=63