Captured by Aryana NightAngel
Summary:

Scientist from Kagome's time create a portal into the Feudal Era, and capture Sesshomaru. Aryana, a cat demoness traveling with the Shard Hunters, sets herself out rescue the demon that unknowingly held her heart in his hands. She will fight for him, take care of him, protect him, but will she be able to set him free? Can she take him from his present-day hell?

But more importantly, will she be able to let him go? 


Categories: Romance Characters: Inu Yasha, Kagome Higurashi, Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 10362 Read: 48553 Published: 27 May 2008 Updated: 06 Jul 2008
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or it's characters. I make no money from this story.

1. Chapter 1 by Aryana NightAngel

2. Chapter 2 by Aryana NightAngel

3. Chapter 3 by Aryana NightAngel

4. Chapter 4 by Aryana NightAngel

5. Chapter 5 by Aryana NightAngel

6. Chapter 6 by Aryana NightAngel

7. Chapter 7 by Aryana NightAngel

8. Epilogue by Aryana NightAngel

Chapter 1 by Aryana NightAngel
In a science lab, two scientists sat planning their latest breakthrough.

"Lonla, Ponell!! While we were conducting the experiment to create a homunculi, we opened a portal to the feudal age!!!! What should we do???" a man burst in to the room.

"Send in Rena! Tell her to sack a demon, and bring it back alive!! Use the knew tranquilizer we’ve been working on!!!" Lonla commanded.

Soon Rena was walking through the portal, armed with a huge tranquilizer gun. She came up on a demon who was sitting beside a small river, watching a young girl playing in the water.

He had long silver hair, wore white pants, armor, and from where she could see, he had elfin, pointed ears. Lucky for her, she was down wind from him, so he didn’t pick up her scent.

She took careful aim, and fired. He rounded on her and she realized that the tranquilizer had no effect on him. Quickly, she shot him with another. It took three more to bring him down. When he was finally out cold, she gave the girl a sad look and heaved him over her shoulder. She jumped back through the portal just as it was closing.

"You got one!!" Everyone cried. Soon they had him in a large enclosure. They had made this thing immune to a blow from an atomic bomb, so the demon’s fighting would do no good. They took his swords and armor.

<><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back in the feudal era, Rin ran and jumped on Ah-Un’s back. She flew to the only people she knew that could help.

"Kagome!!! AstrangewomancameandshotLordSesshomaru

withagunthingandtookhimawayintoabluelight!!!!shehadonwhite

jacketandworeglasscirclesonhereyes!!!!!!!You’vegottahelphim!!!!!!!!" she shouted as she ran to Kagome.

"What!? Calm down. I didn’t get a word of that!" Kagome told her.

"A strange woman came and shot Lord Sesshomaru

with a gun thing and took him away into a blue light!!!!She had on a white jacket and wore glass circles on her eyes!!!!!!!You’ve gotta help him!!!" Rin repeated as calmly as she could, which wasn’t very.

"That sounds like a scientist. With a lab coat, and glasses. And she took Sesshomaru in a blue light. I heard a rumor that a scientist was coming close to breaking time travel. I bet she was from my time!" Kagome guessed.

"What would they do to him in your time?!" Aryana asked, alarmed.

"Who gives a shit what they do to him?" Inuyasha asked.

"I do!" shouted Rin and Aryana at the same time, so loudly that Inuyasha fell out of his tree.

"They’ll run tests on him. Torture him probably," Kagome answered her.

"Well that settles it. I’m getting my blood diamond. And I am going to get him the hell out of there!!" Aryana stood up and started for the well. She was so glad that she had been studying Kagome’s time carefully. She knew that she might have to live in it in 500 years if she wasn’t dead.

Soon she was wearing some of the present-day clothes that Kagome had gotten her. And she was wearing her blood diamond. It hid her aura and appearance, but not her scent. That way Sesshomaru could recognize her. Like that would really help. She followed his scent to a lab in the up-town part of Tokyo. Kagome had been right about him being in her time. And probably about the torturing. She smelled his blood.

She saw a ‘Help Wanted" sign in the window. Perfect she thought as she grabbed the sign out of the window. I’ll get a job, that will make it a lot easier!

"Yes how may I help you?" a man said from behind the desk.

"I would like to apply for a job," she said firmly.

"Do you think you could work with a giant dog demon?" he asked. She could tell that it was meant as a rhetorical question, but she answered anyway.

"Well I’m a dog-whisperer. And since demons are supposedly very intelligent, I thought that I might be able to talk to it."

"That makes since. I’ll give you a shot." He led her down a hallway. She could hear cries of fury coming from the room he led her into. "There he is. Try to calm him down," he said smugly.

To his shock, she nodded and said, "Consider it done,"

He opened the gate and she walked into the enclosure towards the raging Sesshomaru. He was in his true form.

"Sesshomaru! It’s Aryana! From your home!! If you would I’d really like to talk to you! You’ve got to calm down, or they’ll keep hurting you!" she shouted up to him.

"What the hell is that girl doing in there?!?!" a woman came running up to the man that had let her in. They were on the other side of the glass and he had closed the door.

"I wanted to see if it would eat her," the man laughed.

Back in the enclosure, Sesshomaru turned to face Aryana. He looked her strait in the face. Behind the pain and confusion in his eyes she saw the recognition.

He shrunk to a smaller form of his true form and walked closer to her. "What have they done to you Sesshomaru?" she reached out and touched his head. She turned slightly to see a man and woman on the other side of the glass. They were both staring at her with their mouths hanging open.

He moved closer to her. He didn’t care if she was a cat and traveled with his half-brother. He needed to be close to something familiar. For the first time in his life, he was scared and confused. ‘I don’t understand’ came his voice. He only spoke to her by connecting to her Taiyokai bloodbeast.

"You are in Kogome’s time. Demons are an oddity here. That is why I look like a human now. They created a portal and dragged you back through it. I’m going to find a way to get you out of here. Don’t worry," she promised him. She gently stroked his head. "You could probably get out in your other form, but don’t try. They’ll hit you with more tranquilizer and make it harder for me to get you out. I’ll get you out,"

‘Thank you’ he said softly. He was still about the size of a horse, but he let her stroke him like a puppy. To hell with his pride. It felt good after all of the pain he’d been in today.

"Girl! Come out of there!" the woman called to her. She jumped out of the doorway when Sesshomaru turned on her and growled loudly at her.

"I think I’ve probably got a job here now. I’ll be back tomorrow. Don’t forget my promise." She turned and walked to the door. Sesshomaru just watched her go.

"How the hell did you do that?!?!?" the woman shouted as she closed the door to his enclosure. "It should have killed you!!!"

"Did I get the job?" Aryana ignored her and turned to the man.

"Damn right you got the job!! Seven in the morning to seven at night. If you can do that, then I’d say you will be making around. . .Well how much do you want?" he asked.

"2000 yen an hour." (AN: That’s around $20 in America) "His name is Sesshomaru. Be kind to him," and with that she walked out of the room and out of the building.

"What is her name?" the woman asked.

"I have no idea."

End Notes:
Please review!!!!!!!!! I wish for very little!!!!!! "It was good" or "It sucks". Whichever!!!!!!!
Chapter 2 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:
I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters, but I sure wouldn't mind owning Sesshy!!!!!
"Aryana! What were you thinking!?" Kagome shrieked when Aryana walked into her house.

"I was thinking that I would get a job at the lab. And I did. I’m on board as their dog-whisperer," Aryana explained.

She pretty much tuned Kagome’s scolding out until she said, "And how on earth could you be in love with Sesshomaru? It doesn’t make any sense! Have you just lost your mind?!"

"Now you wait a minute. You love that stupid, hard-headed, possessive, inconsiderate half-breed, who loves a walking clay pot more than he loves you! And then you have the nerve to criticize who I’m in love with!!!! You have no right!" Aryana fumed. Then she stomped out of the house. She decided to sleep in a tree.

The next morning she was at work early. She walked in the front door to be greeted by a woman that was a little too friendly.

"My name is Lonla. We met yesterday. And the man that threw you into the snake pit was Ponell. What is your name?" Lonla asked.

"Aryana,"she didn’t bother saying anything else. She heard Sesshomaru roar in protest to something. Then she realized that he had to be in his humanoid form for some reason. She shot down the hall and through the door that led to the place he was being held.

She came thought the door to see Sesshomaru fall to the ground with the effects of a tranquilizer. He looked horrible. They had cut off his long silver hair. It hardly even reached his shoulders. There were the marks of a whip on his back.

"What time do you come in the morning?" Aryana asked Ponell who was now standing beside her.

"Five," he said.

"I’ll be coming at five from now on," she said as she walked towards the gate to the enclosure. Sesshomaru was trying to push himself up on his hands, but fell to the ground. She ran the last distance. She dropped down on her knees, and softly touched his shoulder. He jerked away from her touch.

"Sesshomaru," she whispered. He looked up at her from the ground. He didn’t try to raise up again. His eyes were bloodshot and his lip was bleeding. "I’ll get you something to eat. Then I’m going to try to convince them to stop hurting you," she said softly.

"Everything hurts," he said. His voice cracked.

"I’ll be right back," she promised before she ran out of the enclosure. "He needs some food. And I want to give him something for his pain. He sais he is in pain. What have you been doing to him?"

"What does he eat?" Lonla asked.

"Sushi, gyoza, udon? It isn’t all that hard to figure out. He eats the same stuff we do. Have you got any asprin? Or morphine? Something?" Aryana almost snapped.

Lonla called to a different scientist, "Bring me a dose of morphine for the demon!"

"The demon’s name is Sesshomaru," Aryana corrected her.

"How do you know his name?" Lonla asked.

"He told me. Duh!" she said before taking the syringe of morphine from a scientist and marching back into the enclosure. "Stupid bunch of humans. Can you turn over?" she asked him.

"Don’t want to move," he mumbled into the dirt.

"Come on. I’ve got some morphine. It’ll make the pain go away," she said as she turned him over onto his back.

"More needles?" she eyed it suspiciously.

"You poor thing. You don’t deserve to be in this place," she said as she injected the liquid into his arm. He winced slightly.

"How are you doing?" she asked a few moments later.

"It doesn’t hurt as much. Why are you here?" he asked as he failed at another attempt to sit up.

"I want to help you," she smiled slightly at him. It didn’t touch her eyes.

"Why? You travel with Inuyasha. Why don’t you hate me?" he asked.

"I. . . well. I couldn’t very well leave you here to die. Now could I? You shouldn’t even be here in this Hell," she pushed some of his hair out of his face.

"I want to go home," they spoke so softly that only they could hear each other. In this place, with her, he dropped his normal mask and let his emotions show on his face. And in his eyes.

"I know. I just need a plan," she said as she observed what was left of his clothes. His shirt was almost gone, and the pants hung to his knees. All of it had blood on parts of it.

"I’m going to get you some more clothes. But fist, I’m going to get you some food. Even if I have to cook it myself," Aryana stood and walked back to Lonla. "What do you have for him to eat?" she demanded.

"All we have is animal food. Can’t he eat that?" Lonla inquired.

"He won’t eat dog food! Forget it!" Aryana walked out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Lonla followed her.

"I’m going to the grocery store. You do have a kitchen?" Aryana asked as she grabbed her purse off of a table.

"Yes, we do," Lonla said before Aryana walked out of the door.

"What a strange girl. Where is she off to in the middle of her shift?" Ponell walked up behind Lonla and watched Aryana walked down the street.

"Buy him some food. Why does she even care? It’s just a demon. Like they’ve got feelings," Lonla shook her head. And the sick thing is, Ponell agreed.

‘Stupid humans’, Aryana thought as she caught the last bit of their conversation. ‘No feelings. Ugh. These people’s consciences are just on permanent vacation!’

"Aryana! What are you doing here?" Kagome ran over to her friend from the part of the grocery store she had been in.

"Those stupid people don’t have anything for him to eat. I’m sorry about what I said last night. I didn’t mean it, really," Aryana apologized.

"It’s fine. I think I needed to hear it. Now what are you looking for? And how can I help?" Kagome offered.

Soon the two girls were walking back to the lab, with a bag of food. A piece of a plan forming in their heads, for Sesshomaru’s escape.

"Lonla, this is my friend, Kagome. She will be cooking Sesshomaru’s meals from now on. I’m paying her out of my own paycheck. Where is the kitchen?" Aryana greeted Lonla as she walked back through the doors.

"Third room on the left," the dumbstruck Lonla pointed it out to them. After Aryana had Kagome settled in the kitchen, she hurried back to the enclosure. Sesshomaru had managed to sit up against a wall, somehow.

"How’s he doing?" Aryana asked a random scientist, as she looked at him through the glass.

"Who are you?" the woman asked. Aryana turned to see that the woman wore glasses. She thought back to what Rin had said, about a woman with glasses had taken Sesshomaru.

"I’m Aryana. Are you the one who brought Sesshomaru back to this Hell?" she narrowed her eyes at the woman before her.

"I didn’t know they would do this to him," the woman hung her head.

"Well I’m here to take care of him. They can run their awful tests. But they aren’t causing him any non-scientific pain while I’m around!" Aryana declared.

"Well you’ve got a friend in me. What did you say his name was?" the woman asked.

"Sesshomaru. If you really want to get on his good side, call him Lord Sesshomaru. He was the lord of the Western Lands back in the feudal era. I didn’t believe it when he told me, but I did some research. He really was the lord of the west. He belongs back in the feudal era. Not here in this cage," Aryana shook her head.

"I think I know a way. My name’s Rena, and I think the two of us could get him out," she whispered.

"That makes a team of three. Kagome is his cook now. I think you should come over to the Higurashi shrine for dinner tonight," Aryana gave her a sly smile.

End Notes:
Was it any good? I want to know!!!!!!!! Tell me if it sucks, seriously. I don't need to waist time if it sucks.
Chapter 3 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:
I wish I did, but I don't own the Inuyasha characters.
"Aryana! I’m done!" Kagome came in, carrying a small tray of food.

"Thank you," Aryana took the food and walked into the enclosure.

"I brought you some food. Kagome cooked it, so there aren’t any drugs in it," Aryana sat down beside him. He picked up the chopsticks and looked down at the food.

"Thank you," he said before he started to eat. "Why is that girl staring at me? She hasn’t moved from that spot since 5:00 this morning. She just sits there, and looks at me. Then she looks at a book. Then she looks at me again. It’s really starting to bug me," he said after he was finished.

Aryana looked over to see a girl sitting on the ground, at the edge of the glass. She was watching them closely. Then she looked down and seemed to be righting something. "You are half drenched in your own blood, and you’re worried about a girl staring at you?"

He just grunted at he in response. She laughed a little before she got up and walked out of the enclosure, again. She snuck around to where she was behind the girl.

"What are you doing?" she asked, causing the girl to jump.

"Nothing!" she said before she slammed her book. She looked to be around 13, she had braces and Aryana could tell from there that she was as tall as she was. And she wore all black. Completely black or red. As Gothic as it gets.

"Who are you?" Aryana sat down on the ground beside her.

"I’m Darby. My mom and dad are in charge here," Aryana noticed the note of shame in her voice.

"Is there something wrong with that?" she asked innocently.

"Nothing besides them torturing the most beautiful thing to walk the planet!!" Darby snapped at her.

"I know how you feel. He was a lord back in his time. The most powerful thing around. And now he is brought to his knees by humans. What do they need him for anyway?" Aryana said.

"I hear them talking, when they think I’m asleep. They want to use his power to control Japan. When they find a way to drain his power, they’ll suck him dry, and there won’t be anything left but a husk. I hate both of them!" Darby fumed.

"Would you help him get free if you could?" Aryana asked casually.

"Damn right I would!" She replied without a second thought. Aryana chose to overlook the cussing of such a young girl.

"Welcome to the club," Aryana put out her hand. Darby smiled at her and shook her hand.

"If you’re going to do a jail-break, I can get the keys to the lab! I can help!" Darby said.

"Now what were you doing with all of these books?" Aryana observed the stack of books at Darby’s side.

"These are books on the feudal era, this is a journal, and this is my sketch pad," she pointed them out.

"Can I see?"Aryana picked up the sketch pad. With a nod from Darby she opened it. Page after page had different poses of Sesshomaru. Half of them had her in them. They were all so detailed, Aryana wondered how she could see so well from such a distance. But the drawings were beautiful. There were two of him in his true form, and about ten others. "Can I show them to him?"

"Why?" Darby asked.

"He was wondering why you were staring at him. That’s why I came over here," Aryana said as she stood up.

"Tell him he’s fascinating, or I wouldn’t stare," Darby beamed at her.

"Do you want to meet him?" Aryana asked suddenly.

Darby’s face lit up, "Would he let me near him?"

"I’ll ask him," she said before she walked into the enclosure with the sketch pad.

"What is that?" Sesshomaru asked once she was closer to him.

"This is why Darby was staring at you," Aryana flipped the book open to show him. He took it and flipped through the pages.

"Why did she draw all of these?" he asked as he looked at one with the two of them in it.

"She said that you are fascinating. She wants to meet you. Can I bring her in here?" Aryana asked.

"Are you asking me for permission? If my vote counts, then it would be fine," Sesshomaru nodded.

"Be right back." Aryana hurried across the enclosure, and soon returned with Darby by her side.

"Hello," Darby said softly.

"Hello," Sesshomaru looked up at her from where he sat. She smiled at him. "What is that on your teeth? It looks metal," he asked.

"They’re braces. My teeth weren’t strait, so they put the braces on to straiten them out. I get them off in a week," Darby explained. Aryana sat down and she followed suit.

"Sounds like a lot of trouble over your teeth. Why bother?" he asked.

"They say it is so I can be prettier. Like anyone can look pretty with a mouth full of metal. If I had any say in it, I never would have gotten them. I almost ran away when they told me I was getting them," she admitted. "I got in a fight over them once," she grinned.

"Do you enjoy fighting?" he asked. Aryana wondered why he was asking so many questions.

"Yes. And I never lose. I knocked out three of Carly’s teeth once. And another time I busted Emmet’s lip. I gave Betsy a black eye. Once I just beet the crap out of Darius. That is my favorite. I knocked out his front tooth, busted his lip, and I broke his nose." Darby recited all of them from memory.

"Why were you in so many fights?" Aryana asked.

"Carly kicked my dog, Emmet picked on my best friend, and Betsy hit me first. I still got in huge trouble for them."

"What about the poor Darius kid? What did he do? It must have been pretty damn bad," Aryana shook her head.

"He touched my butt," she said simply. Aryana couldn’t help but laugh. It reminded her of Miroku.

"You belong in the feudal era. People with fighting spirits need to be where they can fight," Sesshomaru stated.

"Thank you," she smiled at him again.

Back on the other side of the glass.

"Who else is in there with them?" Ponell asked his wife.

"I don’t know. . .Dear God. That’s Darby!!!!" Lonla breathed.

"What the hell is she doing in there?" Ponell shouted as he watched his daughter talk to the demon.

"Get her out of there!!" Lonla shouted at her husband.

"Wait. Look. He’s talking to her. Amazing," Ponell stopped his wife. They watched as the three talked about something they couldn’t hear.

When the two girls walked out they were greeted by the two parents.

"Who told you that you could take our daughter in there?!?"

"I asked Sesshomaru and he said that he didn’t mind," she couldn’t figure out what Lonla was angry about.

"You asked the demon if it was okay with him to take our daughter into his cage?!?!" Lonla screeched.

‘My poor ears’. "Yes. Who should I have asked?" Aryana inquired innocently.

"You see nothing wrong with taking her in there?? You are insane! How dare you put my daughter in danger?" Lonla was still shouting.

"What is wrong with taking her in there? She was not in any danger! That’s why I asked him! Not you! Darby tell them what he’s like? Did he act dangerous? Try to eat you?" Aryana turned to the forgotten girl.

"He asked me what my braces were. He thinks it’s a lot of trouble for teeth. He said I had a fighter’s spirit. He doesn’t talk much, but he asks questions. He looks like he’s in too much pain to do a whole lot of moving. He seems too nice to eat anyone," Darby said.

"You see!" Aryana raised her eyebrows at the two parents.

"You still had no way of knowing that he wouldn’t," Lonla said in defense, but she knew she was beaten.

"You see that’s why I asked him if it was okay," Aryana spoke very slowly as if explaining something to a small child.

"Look!" Ponell broke in. They all turned to see Sesshomaru sitting cross-legged, about two yards from them. He looked at them with curiosity threw the thick glass.

"When did he move? How did he move?" Lonla asked.

"He just got up and walked over here. He limped a little, and kept one hand on the glass the whole time," Ponell explained.

End Notes:
Review, review, review, review!!!!!!!! Please, please, please, please!!!!!!!!
Chapter 4 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:

I don't own Inuyasha. There, I said it!! I hope you're happy!!! *runs away crying*

I've been eating candy!!! Lots and lots of candy!!!!!! I swear my head is about to fly off my shoulders!!!!!!

Aryana scanned the area for the first real time. The dome was about seven stories tall, and about five times longer from sise to side. The floor was cold and metal. One half of the ledge that ran around the dome about half way up, was covered in computers. There was nothing on the other half, so it was in shadows. That is where Sesshomaru spent his time–sitting on the cold metal floor.

"Where is his bed?" she furrowed her brow as she scanned around the dome again. There was definitely no bed anywhere.

"He doesn’t need a bed," Ponell looked confused.

"What do you people do with that thing between your ears?! Other than think of ways to make him miserable?! I have to do everything!" Aryana threw her hands into the air, grabbed her purse, and left the lab.

"Where is she going now?" Ponell asked.

"To get him a bed, I’m guessing. He does need one, ya know," Darby had to fight the urge to roll her eyes at him.

"Why? He’s just a demon. Why does she care?" Lonla shook her head.

"You are kidding, right?" Darby looked back and forth between the two of them.

"Why do you say that?" Ponell asked.

"She cares because she cares about everything and everyone! She knows that she is one of the few people that sees that he has feelings. That he knows you’re probably going to kill him! He has more sense than any human you could bring off of the street!! And he does not deserve the hell that you two put him threw everyday!! You are both evil, soulless, monsters!! I hate you!!" Darby screamed before she ran after Aryana.

The two scientists turned to see Sesshomaru trying his best to stay sitting up as he roared with laughter. "What the hell does he have to laugh about?" Ponell shouted and shook his fist at the demon. This only made Sesshomaru laugh harder and fall over.

"He’s laughing at her and you. He agrees with her I bet you anything," A random scientist said as they walked past them.

"Aryana! Aryana!" Darby called as she tried to catch up to Aryana. She was just in front of her and turned around.

"What is it? What’s wrong?" Aryana grasped her shoulders as the girl sobbed.

"I yelled at them! I told them I hated them! I do, but I didn’t mean to say it! They were talking about him like he was a rock or a glob of mud! Like he was worthless! It made me so angry! I meant every word of it, though!" she sobbed. "Can I stay at your house tonight?"

"Fine by me. Not my house, though. And I have to ask your parents," Aryan wrapped her arm around the shorter girl’s shoulders.

"O.K. There is a place to get an air mattress here," Darby pulled Aryana into a camping store.

"What is an air mattress?" Aryana asked.

"You fill it up with air like a balloon. But it’s shaped like a mattress and you sleep on it," Darby found nothing strange about her question.

Soon the two girls were walking out of the store with the mattress. Aryana was carrying it like it was weightless.

"How are you doing that? I couldn’t lift that thing that easily," Darby watched her as she walked effortlessly. She had been able to pick it up and carry it to the register, but with a good bit of work. A normal girl her age wouldn’t have been able to lift it. But the young fighter had carried it through the store without stopping.

"I’ve had a lot of practice," Aryana laughed. "Are you coming back to the lab?"

"No. I’ll just stay in the arcade until your shift is over at seven," Darby decided.

"I’m not leaving until they do. I won’t make the mistake of leaving them alone with him again!" Aryana fumed.

"They leave at ten. Where am I supposed to go for two extra hours? The arcade closes at eight," Darby wondered aloud.

"Hang out with Kagome. She’s who I’m living with right now. She is only two years older than you."

"Fine with me. Where is she?" she asked.

"Still at the lab. I’ll send her out to you," Aryana said as Darby walked into the arcade.

When she reached the lab she was greeted by Lonla, "Where is Darby?"

"In th arcade. Can she stay the night at my place tonight? Apparently she exploded and said some pretty bad stuff. She feels bad about it. I think she needs a night away from home," Aryan asked.

"As long as she is okay. Just keep her out of trouble." Lonla looked relieved as she walked away.

"What is that?" Ponell asked, looking at the air mattress

"It’s an air mattress. Where is Kagome?" Aryana snapped.

"Watching us like a hawk. She trusts us about as much as it does," Ponell said as Aryana walked toward the door that led to the bottom of the stairs that led up to the computers or strait into the enclosure.

"Will you stop calling him ‘it’? He has a name. It’s Sesshomaru and I won’t drop it until you at least call him ‘him’." Aryana walked up the stairs to find Kagome arguing with one of the scientists. "Kagome! Help me out! How do you work this damn thing?" She asked as Kagome turned her attention away from the scientist.

"Coming!" she ran down the stairs past Aryana, who followed her.

Soon the two of them were both in the enclosure trying to figure out the mattress.

"What is that thing supposed to be?" Sesshomaru asked from where he sat.

"It’s a bed. Or it will be as soon as we can figure out the stupid directions." Kagome didn’t look up as she spoke to him.

"Let me see it," he stood up and pulled the directions out of her hands. He looked at it for a few seconds, then down at the mattress. He slowly bent over and pulled a cord. It inflated immediately and they all jumped back from it.

"Well. That was a little bit of a shock," Kagome said as Aryana drug it to the shadowed part of the enclosure.

"I enjoyed that. What time is it?" Aryana asked her.

"Six-thirty. I’m heading home at seven," Kagome answered.

"Do you mind if Darby spends the night at your house? I invited her after the fight. She’s in the arcade. I’m staying here, as long as they do," Aryana crossed her arms.

"Why?" she asked.

"I made the mistake of leaving him here with them. I’m not happy about how that turned out," she said as she looked at the marks on his back from the whip as he walked towards the mattress. He carefully lowered himself onto it with a small sigh.

"This is strange," he said from the bed. "But I prefer it to the ground," he rolled over onto his back.

Aryana walked over and sat on the mattress beside him. She met his gaze and wished that she could touch his face. "Would you like me to sing to you?" she asked.

"Something from home," he smiled at her.

She started to sing a sweet lullaby from his time. He closed his eyes as she pushed some hair out of his face. It was so short. He was asleep. ‘He is so beautiful. I wish we had a full plan. But it’s getting there. Don’t worry Sesshomaru, I’ll get you home’.

She stood up and walked to the door. As they stepped out Lonla walked up to them and handed Kagome a bag. "This has Darby’s clothes in it. Just bring her to work with you tomorrow.

We are leaving early today," Lonla instructed.

"Okay. He is asleep," Aryana looked back at him.

"Do you care for that demon, girl?" Lonla narrowed her eyes at Aryana.

"Of course I care about him. I care about everything. I’m the kind of girl who marches outside animal testing labs. I just thought I would be more useful in here, taking care of him," Aryana explained.

"No, you care for him. You have feelings for him," Lonla accused her.

"Why do you say that?" Kagome put in.

"No girl looks at an animal like that. There was love in her eyes," Lonla shook her finger at the girls.

"I have a boyfriend, you know!" Aryana defended.

"What’s his name?" Lonla shot at her.

"Sho. His name is Sho Hinashe," Aryana lied.

"What color is his hair?" Lonla didn’t believe her.

"Black hair, brown eyes. He is 16. His birthday was last month. He lives in the next town over. I met him at a bonfire three months ago." Aryana spouted off.

"Sure. I want to meet him," Lonla said. "Tomorrow. Here."

"Fine! He’ll be here!" Aryana stalked out of the lab.

"What are you going to do?" Kagome asked. "You don’t have a boyfriend!"

"Kagome, can I barrow Inuyasha?" Aryana asked.

End Notes:
I wish for reviews!!!!!!!! Please Plese Please!!!!!!!! *cyber begging* Please Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase!!!!!!!
Chapter 5 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:
I do not own any of the wonderful Takahashi creations. She made them up, and I wrote my own story, just like everybody else around here. Can't they just put one big disclaimer on the whole sight? I hate having to remember the dumb thing!!!! 
"No! I won’t do it!! I won’t help him!" Inuyasha shook his head.

"Please, Inuyasha! I need your help! She won’t believe me. You’ve got to help him! He’s your brother for the sake of God!" Aryana tried to persuade him.

"NO!!" he shook his head.

"Please?! I need your help!! Please, please, please, please!?!" she begged.

"Fine! But it’s because you’re my friend! I’m not doing this for him!!" Inuyasha gave in.

"Let’s see what you look like as a human," Aryana pulled a blood diamond over Inuyasha’s head. He had Black hair and brown eyes. "Perfect!"

"Now what, exactly, have I got to do?" he asked.

"You have to pretend to be my boyfriend," Aryana told him.

"Your what?!?!" he yelped.

"I got in an argument with Lonla on whether or not I cared for Sesshomaru. I said that I have a boyfriend, to cover it up. Now she is set on meeting him. Your name is Sho Hinashe. You are 16 and your birthday was last month," Aryana explained.

"This is so stupid," he rolled his eyes at her. He pulled the blood diamond off and handed it back to her. She pulled it over her own head.

"Thank you, Inuyasha," she smiled as she bounced back to house, where Rena and Darby were waiting.

"Now if you are going to help us, you need to know the full story, I guess," Kagome said to Darby and Rena.

"I’m a demon. I came through the well to find Sesshomaru," Aryana and Kagome had decided that they didn’t need all of the details.

"You’re a demon?" Darby asked.

"Cat demon. Sesshomaru is a dog demon. We were acquaintances back in the feudal era," Aryana explained. "Inuyasha is Sesshomaru’s half-brother. Inuyasha!" she called.

"I’m coming," he walked in the room.

"Doggy-ears!!" Darby exclaimed. Then she clapped her hands over her own mouth. Inuyasha stuck his tongue out at her.

"He’s a half-demon. He is now pretending to be my boyfriend, to prove that I don’t have feelings for Sesshomaru. He is from the feudal era, like me," she explained.

"How are we going to get him out?" Rena asked.

"I can get the keys to the building, but if I take the keys to the enclosure, they would know that it was me," Darby said.

"Someone has to be there to open the enclosure, from the inside," Rena commented.

"Sesshomaru could do that, easily enough," Aryana shrugged.

"No he couldn’t. There is a shield on the door. It picks up a demonic aura and sets off a alarm. How Aryana could get past it is beyond me," Rena shook her head.

"My blood diamond masks my aura. I think I know what we could do! It is perfect!" she clapped her hands.

"Tell us," they all said in unison.

"Okay first–Darby will have to. . ." that led into the plan that formed in her head.

When she was finished, everyone thought that it was brilliant.

"I sure hope that it will work. It sounds like the perfect plan. And there would be no way to say that you did it," Lonla said as she walked out of the door.

"I’ll ask Sesshomaru what he thinks, tomorrow," Aryana nodded as Rena walked out of the door.

"I still can’t believe that you are a demon," Darby shook her head as Aryana walked back into the kitchen.

"Do you want to see me in my true form? I can get about as small as a lioness," Aryana offered.

"I would love it. But speaking of dogs, I have to be at the veterinary-clinic tomorrow. Will you take me before you go to work?" she asked.

"I’m going to work at five in the morning," Aryana warned her.

"Fine by me," Darby volunteered at the vet-clinic regularly.

She was always the first one there, after the vet, that is. The clinic was also a pound.

"Come into the living room where I have some space to trance form."

The next morning they were headed down the sidewalk to the vet-clinic.

"Here it is," Darby said as she turned to walk up the steps of a brick building.

"There is a demonic aura coming from in there!" Aryana shot up the steps, but calmed herself before she walked throught the door.

"Hello. How may I help you?" A young woman asked from behind the counter.

"I’m here to adopt a dog," Aryana smiled sweetly at her.

"That is wonderful!! Right this way," the woman opened the door to show a large kennel of dogs. "You can look around and ask me for help if you need any, or see a dog that you like,"

"Okay," Aryana replied before she set off down the rows of cages at close to a run. Soon she reached the cage that she was looking for. In the floor, there was a very large dog with what should have been snow-white fur. It had a star on it’s forehead, and electric-blue stripes on it’s face and legs. "Holy shit!" Aryana jumped into the air. "Sweety, are you hurt?" she reached into the cage and touched the large dog.

Its Bloodbeast reached out to Aryana, ‘Mommy and Daddy are dead. People put me in cage and fed me dog food. I’m scared and hungry!’ It was the voice of a small child. Maybe three years old.

"I want this one!!!" Aryana called to the woman behind the desk.

"That one?!" The woman asked I shock. "It won’t eat. And it is so big, and aggressive. Wouldn’t you rather have something smaller for a pet in the city?"

"I want this one. She is cute, and I live outside the town," Aryana persisted. "I need a guard dog."

"Okay, if you say so," she shook her head a little bit.

"Now unlock the cage. I need to buy a leash," Aryana ordered.

"Darby! Get me a leash!" she called to Darby, who came running with one.

"Are you getting a dog, Aryana?" Darby looked confused.

"Yes. I’m getting a dog," Aryana nodded, taking the leash.

"What will you name her?" Darby asked.

Aryana quickly asked the small demon then replied to Darby, "Orialyn,"

"That is a strange name for a dog." That woman was not a very good business-person.

"Well that’s what I’ve named her. I truly couldn’t care less what you think about it," Aryana said before she put the collar around the demon’s neck and led her out of the clinic. "Run with me," she said to her once they were on the street. So they shot down the street to Kagome’s house. She led Orialyn in and took her off of the leash. "Kagome! Get out of bed!! Inuyasha!" she called up the stairs.

"What is it?" Kagome trudged sleepily down the stairs. "It’s six in the morning,"

"What the hell is that?" Inuyasha pointed at Orialyn.

"A demon. Do either one of you know how to tame a demon-child?" Aryana asked. "She was at the pound. And she is just a baby,"

"I think I can change her back to her human form," Kagome squatted down in front of the dog to look it in the face. "She is only in her demon form because she can’t calm down,"

"Let’s sing for her," Aryana grabbed Kagome’s arm. Kagome nodded and the two began to sing the son that they always did to put Shippo to sleep.

"My mama was

his only little girl

if he had the money

he would have given

her the world

Sitting on the front porch

together they would sing

Oh how I long to hear

that harmony

I want a simple love

like that

Always giving

never asking back

When I’m in my final hour

looking back

I hope I have a simple love

like that"

As they sang in perfect harmony, Orialyn laid down and fell asleep. As soon as she was asleep, she changed into a small girl with silver hair. She had electric-blue stripes on her cheeks, and a star on her forehead. Kagome grabbed a blanket and wrapped her in it. She looked to be around two years. Maybe three.

"Put her to sleep in my bed," Aryana whispered as she hurried off to work. In fifteen minutes she would be late.

"I thought you said that you were coming at five," Ponell greeted her as she came through the door.

"I took Darby to the vet-clinic. I had a few things to take care of at home. One of my friends was in an accident and left her daughter in my care. I had to pick her up at the air-port," she explained as she walked toward the enclosure.

"I’m sorry about your friend," he said.

"Fate is what it is, I guess," she replied before walking into the enclosure.

"You are two hours late," Sesshomaru grumbled from his bed. She laughed at him and sat down beside him on the air-mattress.

"I had to drop Darby off at the vet-clinic. There was a demon-child in the pound. I adopted her as a dog. Me and Kagome got her calm enough to go to sleep. She is back at the house now," she told him as she stroked what was left of his hair. I got in an argument with Lonla yesterday," She needed to warn him about Inuyasha.

"What was it about?" he inquired.

"Well she said that I cared for you, and I had to tell her I had a boyfriend to convince her otherwise. And now she is set on meeting him. The only person I could get to fake it for me without asking to many questions was Inuyasha. Because he already knows what’s going on," she talked faster than was necessary. She was so embarrassed.

"That is all I need. Inuyasha to see me in this state," he crossed his arms over his chest. Aryana breathed a sigh of relief. But A bit too soon. "What did you say you were arguing with Lonla about?"

"Um. . . uh. He he. . .funny thing about that. . ." she blushed a little. He had heard what she had said but he was having a good time.

End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!!!! Like I've said, if it sucks tell me!!!! If you like it, I would also like a little positiveness *I so misspelled that* if there is any!!!!! 
Chapter 6 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:
This chapter leads strait in from Chapter 5. They were all one chapter to start with, but then I realized it was twice as long as the rest of my chapters. I would go back and take a look at the last thing that was said last, if I were you.
"Yes?" he asked innocently.

"Well she said that I cared for you, and. . ."

"Do you?" he cut her off.

"Huh?" this took her by surprise.

"Do you?" he repeated. He didn’t look away from the suddenly fascinating ceiling.

"Well, um," she looked down at the suddenly fascinating floor.

"Aryana come here!" Lonla called from the door.

"I’ll be right back," she hurried off to see what Lonla wanted.

"Is your boyfriend here?" she asked.

"He didn’t want to get up early. He’ll be here. I might have to go get him during my lunch break, though. Is that all that you wanted?" Aryana turned away without waiting for an answer.

"You still haven’t answered my question," he stated without looking away from the ceiling.

"Well the answer is. . ." her voice trailed into a whisper that even he couldn’t hear.

"What was that?" he sat up and looked at her.

"Yes," she said just loud enough for him to hear it. "Um, we have a plan to get you out," she changed the subject.

"Well are you going to tell me what it is?" he smiled one of his tiny smiles at her.

"Okay here it is. . . ." so she explained the whole plan to him.

(AN: I’m keeping you in the dark about the plan for dramatic effect.)

"Sounds good. When would be best to put it into action?" he asked.

"Tomorrow is as good as any. Darby just has to be here, and so does Rena. So they can both play their parts," she told him.

"Where are they now?" he asked.

"Rena had the day off. And Darby is volunteering at the veterinary-clinic. You will never guess what I found at the pound. A baby dog demon. They thought that she was a dog and had her in the kennel. I adopted her as a pet. When I got her home, Kagome and I calmed her down enough to get her change into her humanoid form. She is sleeping in my bed at the moment, if she hasn’t woken up yet. She told me that her parents were dead. The poor little girl," Aryana explained.

"That means that there are still demons in this time," Sesshomaru was very pleased at the idea that he wasn’t alone, besides Aryana.

"Yes. I guess it does. I’m going to take her back to the feudal era when we go back," she said as she smoothed out a wrinkle in her skirt.

"Aryana! There is someone here to see you!" Ponell called from the door to the enclosure.

"Coming!" she called as she stood up and walked away from the bed. As she left, Sesshomaru caught himself staring at her swaying hips. He smacked himself on the forehead, and looked back at the ceiling. "Hi Sho!" she said to Inuyasha when she saw him.

"Hi," he looked around the lab with disgust plain on his face.

"Who are you?" Lonla asked as she came around the corner and saw Inuyasha.

"This is Sho. I told you he would come," Aryana answered for him.

"How long have you known Aryana?" Lonla asked.

"Well. . . Around two years, I think," he answered. That part was the truth.

"How did you meet?" Lonla was still unconvinced.

"Common enemy," he replied, shortly.

"We went to the same school, and the same people were always out to get both of us. We leaned on each other," Aryana put in.

"I see. Why are you interested in her?" Lonla narrowed her eyes at him.

"Um. . ." he stopped to think for a minute, "She doesn’t crack under pressure. . . and she always knows how to handle any situation. . . She isn’t superficial, like most girls," he shrugged his shoulders.

"And Aryana, why do you like him?" Lonla turned to Aryana.

"Well, he is athletic. And puts his heart into whatever he does. He’ll never go down without a fight," she thought a little faster than Inuyasha had.

"Fine. I guess you two have legitimate reasons of dating. But I am watching you," Lonla pointed a finger at Aryana before she walked off, back down the hall.

"Where did you get all of those answers?" Aryana asked Inuyasha after Lonla was gone.

"I just told her why you are my friend. How about you?" he asked.

"I told her a few of the less embarrassing reasons that Kagome likes you so much," Aryana smiled at him, "I have work to do, so you can go home," she turned to leave, but Inuyasha followed her.

"I have got to see this," Inuyasha grinned at her.

"You most certainly do not. Now go home, before I call Kagome. She can ‘sit’ you through the phone, if she has to!" Aryana blocked his way.

"Come on," Inuyasha tried to get by her.

"No," she didn’t budge.

"Why not?" he wined as he tried to get by her again.

"He would be mad at me if I let you see him," Aryana still held her ground.

"Why?" Inuyasha asked.

"He just would be. You know him as well as I do," she hissed at him.

"Just let me by," he crossed his arms and met her defiant glare.

"Is something wrong?" Lonla asked from down the hall.

"No, he was just leaving," Aryana pushed him toward the door.

"He can’t leave yet. Sho, would you like to come and see the demon?" Lonla offered.

"Sure!" he sidestepped Aryana and walked to Lonla.

"He is in here," she led him into the room that opened into the enclosure.

"Holy crap," Inuyasha said when her saw the dome, "Why is it so big? He doesn’t take up that much space."

"Well we don’t know exactly how big he can get, and we had to make it big enough for him in his true form," Lonla explained.

"Okay. You’ve seen him. Now I’m going back in to talk to him. You can stay as long as you like, but I’m going to be busy," Aryana told Inuyasha as she walked back into the enclosure.

"I tried to stop him from getting in to see. But Lonla offered, and I couldn’t stop Inuyasha without a reason," Aryana told him as she sat down beside him.

"I’ll just kill him later," Sesshomaru said simply.

"Now you know that you won’t. If you actually wanted to kill him, you would have done it a long time ago. You care about your little brother. Just the smallest bit, and you know it," she thumped his shoulder.

"I don’t really feel like arguing about this. Can’t we talk about something else?" he hoped that she would drop it.

"Whatever you say, Sesshomaru," the sarcasm in her voice made him grimace.

"We will start the plan tomorrow, right?" he asked to change the subject.

"Tomorrow," she nodded. The rest of the day passed uneventfully and soon night had fallen. Aryana had spent the rest of her day in the enclosure, talking and singing to Sesshomaru.

"See you tomorrow," Darby said as Aryana put on her jacket. She had arrived at around seven, when the veterinary clinic had closed.

"Tomorrow," Aryana gave her a nod and walked out of the door. The cool night air greeted her face as she walked down the sidewalk. ‘I can’t believe that I told him that. I am so stupid. Now he knows that I care for him. Didn’t seem to bother him, though. Why did he want me to sing to him? He didn’t go to sleep. Did he just want to listen? Why was he acting so strange today? He has never spoken that much to me. I liked it a lot,’ she thought as she made her way to Kagome’s house.

She spent most of the night tossing and turning. She was worried that the plan would fail. What if something went wrong? When she finally went to sleep, it was almost one in the morning.

She got up earlier than was necessary. Once she had taken a bath, she pulled on her tight jeans, and a simple green shirt. She pulled her hair into the usual braid, and put on her shoes. She took her time with everything, going over the plan in her head to check for flaws. Of course there were flaws, but none that couldn’t be glossed over. Only one of them could cause a serious problem.

End Notes:
I am so hiper!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Sugar Overload!!!!!!!!!! So lets all review, and eat too much candy!!!!!!!!!!! WoooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 7 by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:
This is a very short chapter, compaired to the others. This is the last chapter, then the Epilogue.
She hurried down the sidewalk and into the lab. She checked to make sure Rena and Darby were both present before making her way into the enclosure. Sesshomaru laid there, looking up at the ceiling. He had worked out the perfect way to set the plan into motion, but it might surprise Aryana a bit.

He stood up as she entered through the door. She gave him a nod to tell him that it was time. Then he walked slowly over to her; his limp was gone. By the time they were relatively close, a small cluster of people had gathered at the glass.

He reached out and pulled her into a tight embrace, and everyone– including Aryana– gasped. He pulled her down onto his bed, still clutching her to his chest.

"I didn’t think that I would enjoy taking you hostage this much," he breathed into her hair.

On the other side of the glass:

Ponell had been the first to notice the strange actions of the demon. Soon a small group of people was watching them, with him and Rena in front.

Out of nowhere, the demon had pulled her into a hug. Everyone had stared in disbelief.

"What the hell?!" he exclaimed as the demon pulled her down onto his bed. "Get her out of there!" he ordered.

"Wait! Think of the possibilities! What if he was to take her as his mate! A half-demon would be a scientific breakthrough! And the power would be close to endless. With the power of a full demon, and the willing cooperation of a half-demon, anything would be possible. We could take the child and raise it to believe that it is meant to be in battle. What war would Japan ever lose, with an indestructible soldier on our side!!" Rena said just where Ponell could hear.

"But the girl has a lover," Ponell shook his head.

"What does it matter? If she bears him a child, nothing else is important. He might even force her. What would be the worse possible outcome?" Rena crossed her arms.

"That is true," he nodded his agreement. "I must speak with Lonla before I decide anything," he walked away. Soon he returned. He ordered for all of the scientists to go home; they had the day off. Him, Lonla, Rena, and Darby were the only ones who stayed. The only reason Darby was still there was so she could carry messages back and forth.

Her first trip in that day was the longest. "It’s working," she whispered to them as soon as she was close.

"Tell them that he isn’t going to let me go. I can’t leave. Oh and say that I’m okay, but a little shaken. Stuff like that," Aryana instructed Darby.

"Okay. I was almost hoping that they wouldn’t fall for it. That they would see something wrong with leaving you in here. I’m glad they didn’t though. This just means that they really are monsters," Darby said.

"Darby, would you like to come back to the feudal era with me, when I go home?" Aryana asked.

"Really?!" Darby exclaimed.

"Yes, just be less happy about it. They’re watching us," Sesshomaru put in.

"Okay, I’m going back," Darby turned and walked out of the enclosure. Soon the day was over. Kagome had been at the edge of the enclosure since she had showed up at lunch.

At eleven at night Lonla spoke up, "I wish to go home. Rena, this was your idea. Why don’t you stay here over night?"

"I’ll stay too! She is my friend!" Kagome offered.

"Very well. We can sleep in shifts, and take turns watching them," Rena nodded.

"I want to stay too!!!" Darby jumped up.

"Fine. We’re going home," Ponell got up and left with Lonla.

"They are making it too easy," Rena shook her head.

"Darby, will you go and get Orialyn now?" Kagome asked. Without a word, Darby hopped up and threw on her sweater. Then she hurried out of the door. She returned about twenty minutes later, carrying a sleeping baby.

After waiting for over an hour, they decided that it had been long enough. Kagome opened the door to the enclosure and yelled to the two sleeping, "It’s time!!"

They bolted up when they heard it. They hadn’t meant to fall asleep. "Wait here for a second," Aryana told Sesshomaru as she left the enclosure. She walked out of the enclosure and turned back around to face him. She pulled her blood diamond off and handed it to Kagome. Then she took Orialyn and walked through the door to the enclosure. A horribly loud alarm went off as soon as they were through. So she grabbed Sesshomaru and pulled him out of the door with her. "Now come on. I have to be back here before they get here!" she said as she sped toward the door. He followed closely behind her. They ran down the street at top speed, since no one was out this late. When they reached the Higurashi shrine, Aryana turned a corner and ran into a small well-house. "Come on!" she said urgently as he followed her in. "Down the well! Move!" she pushed him a little. He jumped over the edge of the well and was encased in a blue light. "I’ll be through tomorrow!" she called to him as he disappeared into the light.

She handed Orialyn over to Inuyasha, who had been waiting and made it back to the lab in record time. She took her blood diamond from Kagome, and put it on. Then Kagome laid down on the floor with Rena and looked like she had been knocked out. Aryana sped into the enclosure and jumped down onto the bed. She closed her eyes just in time to hear tires screech on the blacktop outside. The plan had gone off perfectly. Not a single problem.

End Notes:

That would be the official ending to the story, but there is an Epilogue. If you like the open ended stuff, then you can stop here. If you want to know what I came up with, read on!!

P.S.: Please Review

Epilogue by Aryana NightAngel
Author's Notes:

This is the final chapter of "Captured"

I am sad that it is ending, but happy that I finished it. Out of over twenty stories I have started, this is the first one to be finished. I am proud of it, even if it is never read by anyone but me.

It had been a full month since Sesshomaru had been freed. Aryana had been fired, since her only purpose was to calm the demon. And they didn’t have a demon, so she didn’t have a purpose there, anymore.

They had told Ponell and Lonla that they were knocked out, and he was gone when the police arrived. The door sensor had picked up two demons going into the enclosure, and three coming out. It was assumed that the two went in and got him. Since it didn’t pick up human presences, there was no way to pin it on anyone there.

Darby had run away from home, and was now traveling with the Shard Hunters. She loved it in the Feudal Era, and was a natural born fighter. She could wield a sword, shoot an arrow, and was now being trained as a Slayer by Sango. The young girl held onto her Goth appearance, even in traditional clothes. All in black, with just as much makeup.

Aryana spent the month suffering acute heartache. She was glad that he was free, but she missed Sesshomaru. She knew that he would never let their relationship carry into this time, but she wanted nothing more than to run her fingers through his hair again. To know that the Great Demon Lord trusted her. She held onto the way his arms had felt around her. If she never got to feel them again, she didn’t want to forget it.

As she wondered aimlessly through the trees, she thought of him. She let out her pain through a song that she had written recently. Lately, it seemed like songs were the only way she could let anything out.

Although she hadn’t meant for anyone to hear her, a pair of demonic ears picked up the sound. He had been trying so hard not to go to her. He thought of her soulful eyes, her silken hair, her beautiful voice. Then there was the way she had felt against his chest. To have her in his arms was heaven and it had been the only peaceful sleep he had gotten the whole time he was there. Now he heard her voice once more, and he had to go to her. If he pushed away the need for her any longer, it would hurt him in more ways than one.

He ran through the trees, catching her intoxicating scent. He came upon her, walking through the trees with a far away look in her eyes. When he landed in her path, she snapped out of her trance.

"Sesshomaru," she whispered. Before she could say anything more, she found herself in his strong arms.

"I tried so hard not to love. Rin put a crack in the dam, but you broke it. My heart is open to you," he whispered into her ear. Just being in his arms again was wonderful. The feeling of his hot breath on her skin made her take a sharp breath. And his words made her wrap her arms around him.

"I love you, Sesshomaru," she whispered into his shoulder.

"I don’t know why you would love me. That is what troubles me," he told her softly. She caught the other meaning behind his words, as no other could have.

"I will never hurt you, I promise. I know what it is to be let down. I would never cause you pain. I would never pretend to love you. I want you to be happy," she told him, looking into his deep golden eyes.

"Do you trust me?" he asked suddenly.

"With my life," she said, without a second thought.

"Do you know me?" he asked. Once again she caught the second meaning in his words.

"You are hardheaded, egotistical, cold-acting," she said. She felt his spirit drop, and he started to pull away from her. "I’m not done," she told him, holding on tighter. He looked down at her with pain and confusion in his eyes. "You are also strong in more ways than anyone I’ve ever know. You are intelligent, warmhearted, and trustworthy. And when you hold me I feel like part of me was missing and it just falls into place. I love everything about you. The good, and the things that others seen to see as bad. I will never see a small imperfection as bad, not when you are perfect in every other way," she told him, caressing the side of his face with her small hand.

Love filled the eyes of the two demons as they stood there, holding each other close. Then it started to rain and the two found shelter in a average-sized cave. He surprised her, when she found herself under him. He kissed her passionately, slipping his tongue in between her full lips. She tasted better than she smelled, and he was beyond losing his cool. He wanted her.

As he kissed her, she ran her hands from his neck into his hair, tangling her fingers in it, and deepening the kissing. He let a growl of pleasure escape into her open mouth, and it shook in her chest causing her to moan softly in his mouth, which made the growl increase. She thought she would die of the feeling that the growl sent through her whole body. Her moan became stronger as the growl rumbled through her body.

He pulled back and looked down into her eyes. "I want you," he said breathlessly. His hot breath washed over her face, causing her to almost moan again. As a response, she pulled him back down into the kiss. He had to fight the growl that threatened to rise in his chest. The night was filled with moans and growls and groans from the two lovers.

The next morning, Aryana went back to her camp and collected her things. Then, she and Darby left for the Western Castle with Lord Sesshomaru, to begin their new lives. Aryana found the love that she so craved. And Darby finally had the family that she had never really had with her parents. Sesshomaru had someone that understood him, and two people who accepted him without a second thought. They joined Rin and Jaken and headed for his castle.

This was truly the beginning of their story. But sadly it is the end of mine.

THE END

End Notes:

For everyone that has reviewed, thank you.

One last time, I want you to tell me if it was good.

Did I end it well? I hope you have enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=399