Kagome's Journey To Train by Ryrirzuar
Summary: After the battle with Hoshiyomi, Kagome finds herself thinking she needs to get a lot stronger to stay with the group.  She feels that she keeps getting captured and getting in the way.  So when they all reach a village talking about a priestess who trains other priestesses and makes them stronger, Kagome jumps at the chance to go.  She gets Miroku and Sango's approval, but Inuyasha has no idea where she's going and the danger she's about to walk into.  What will Inuyasha do when he finds out?  Can he save her in time when he finds out she's in danger?
Categories: Romance, Humor, Action/ Adventure Characters: Inu no Taishou
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 9485 Read: 44172 Published: 28 Oct 2012 Updated: 06 Dec 2012

1. Chapter 1: Discovery by Ryrirzuar

2. Chapter 2: Revealed by Ryrirzuar

3. Chapter 3: Starting Out Alone by Ryrirzuar

4. Chapter 4: Preview of Power by Ryrirzuar

5. Chapter 5: Truth by Ryrirzuar

6. Chapter 6: Training by Ryrirzuar

7. Chapter 7: Demons by Ryrirzuar

8. Chapter 8 by Ryrirzuar

9. Chapter 9: Awakening (Final) by Ryrirzuar

Chapter 1: Discovery by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I do not own and of the Inuyasha Characters whatsoever!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The group had just defeated Hoshiyomi, and Inuyasha and Kagome were still fuming from their argument. Inuyasha had a stubborn scowl on his face, and Kagome looked like she was going to tell him to sit.

Miroku, Sango, and Shippo were hovering a ways away, cautious not to get to close for fear they would start another argument.

"Miroku, how long do you think they'll stay like this?" Sango whispered.

Miroku looked at the two, and sighed heavily. "Who knows. Hopefully everything will go back to normal eventually."

Sango said nothing and focused her attention back onto Inuyasha and Kagome, who were farther apart than usual.

Suddenly they stopped, and Kagome was the one who spotted it first. "A.. village?"

"Lets go check it out," Miroku replied. "We could use a break."

Inuyasha growled with annoyance. "Keh! Are you kidding me? We haven't been walking for that long!"

"It will also be useful to see if we can get any clues on the last shard." Miroku added.

Inuyasha quieted, but growled with annoyance. "Fine. Just for a little bit though, cause we need to find the last shard!"

They walked down the path in silence, and Kagome frowned. When I was captured by Hoshiyomi, I couldn't do anything about it. She remembered everyone struggling to free her from Hoshiyomi's possesion. I got everyone in a dangerous position, when I should be able to take care of myself. Kagome clenched her teeth. And she didn't notice when they entered the village. Yet I always get so easily captured! If I hadn't, none of that would have happened-

"Hello travelers." An old man interrupted Kagome's thoughts. "What are you here for?"

Miroku stepped up to the plate. "Kind sir, we need some information on a few things..." They walked away, their voices fading.

Kagome saw Sango start to follow, with an annoyed expression on her face. "You're going too, Sango?" Kagome yelled after her.

"Of course! That monk will probably ask where the woman are, and not ask anything about the shards!" Sango replied, running after Miroku.

Kagome sighed. "Let's hope not." A commotion turned her and Inuyasha's attention to a group of people huddled around an old man, with very little hair and he was wearing an old kimono. "Hey what's that?" Kagome wondered aloud, running to the group of people.

"Hay, where're you goin'?" Inuyasha called after her, but he didn't follow.

Kagome came to a stop at the edge of the crowd, and weaved her way through muttering "Excuse me"s, and "Sorry"s. She pushed to the front, to catch what the old man was saying.

"...Amazing teacher. She helps teach priestess to become stronger and control their powers, to do amazing things."

The crowd awed in wonder.

"Excuse me," Kagome interrupted. "What is it that you said? Someone who teaches priestesses?"

The old man looked at her with a look of wonder, but continued. "Her names id Daichi, but if you are a student, she goes by Lady Sensei." The croud dispersed, having to already have heard this story, and going to talk about it amungst theirselves. "She lives a ways away, about two days west." He pointed in the direction, and stood. "She trains priestesses in controling their power and increasing it in strength." He grabbed his things he had rested against the building behind him, and started to walk away. "If Lady Daichi think that priestess is strong enough after their training, she will have them face up against a powerful demon."

"Wait!" Kagome exclaimed, and the old man came to a stop and turned his head to look at her expectantly. "Does-Does she train all types of priestesses?" Kagome asked quietly.

The old man nodded. "Despite how little priestesses there are in this world, there are many diffrent kinds who all use their sacred power diffrently. She knows how to train them all, to make their own special way of fighting and to protect other people." He continued to walk away, and Kagome stared after him, watching him disappear into the croud.

Then he was hidden from sight, Kagome silently walked back over to Inuyasha, who was sitting on a fence nearby, doing nothing.

"What was that all about, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

Kagome stayed silent, ignoring him. She leaned against the fence, looking at the ground, thinking about everything the old man had said. If I go to this Daichi person, could she teach me to get stronger and show me how to help take care of myself?

End Notes:
First chapter of my second Inuyasha fanfiction.  Enjoy, and if you have any pointers, I will gladly like to know them!  I hope you like it! <3
Chapter 2: Revealed by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I do not own any of the characters whatsoever!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miroku and Sango came back after that, and told them how they didn't have any information on the last shard; so they decided to stay the night. Kagome was being silent all day, and it was finally that Miroku and Sango pulled her away from Inuyasha, with Kilala on Sango's shoulder.

"What's is it?" Kagome asked wearily, her mind still in half of the Daichi story.

"Kagome, whats wrong?" Miroku asked, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, you've been lost in thought ever since we got here." Sango replied, looking at her with concern.

Kagome frowned. Might aswell tell them, so they don't worry."Have you guys heard about the priestess teacher named Daichi?"

Sango and Miroku nodded. "We talked to some villagers about it, who had heard about it from an old man." Sango replied.

Kagome looked up at them. "I want to go and see her."

Miroku and Sango gasped in surprise. "Why?" Miroku asked.

Kagome turned away, and clenched her hands. "I want to get stronger, as much as I can. So, I think it's a good idea to get some help."

Sango put a hand on her shoulder. "Kagome, do you know how dangerous that could get?"

Miroku nodded. "Sango is right. She sometimes trains priestesses with demons, which could be trouble."

"And besides Kagome, what if it's just a demon trying to lure people there?" Sango replied.

"I don't think so." Kagome turned and looked at them. "Please let me do this. I think it will definetly help."

Sango and Miroku sighed. "But you can't just go alone." Miroku stated.

"No, she can't..." Sango thought for a moment.

"Kagome, take Kilala."

Kagome widened her eyes in surprise. "No, Sango, I can't. She's your companion, and you guys should always be together. I'll be fine by myself, I promise. And besides, Kilala would want to stay with you."

Sango looked at Kilala on her shoulder. "Kilala, do you want to go with Kagome? It's up to you."

Kilala mewed and jumped to the ground, jumping onto Kagome's shoulder and licking her cheek.

Kagome laughed, and Sango smiled. "Thank you Kilala." Sango replied.

Kagome looked at Kilala. "Are you sure you want to go with me, and leave Sango?"

"Kilala will look after you, that's why she's going." Sango explained. She turned to look at the demon cat. "Right Kilala?"

Kilala mewed with agreement, and Kagome smiled. "Thanks Sango."

Sango smiled. Miroku looked over at Kagome. "Kagome when will you leave?"

Kagome looked up at the setting sun. "In the middle of the night would be best," She replied, and looked at them. "Don't tell Inuyasha. He definetly won't let me go alone, and I have a feeling only priestesses are aloud there."

Sango and Miroku nodded, and they all walked back into the hut.

Inuyasha and Shippo were fighting over a bowl of ramen, with Inuyasha trying to pull Shippo's hands away from it by pulling on his tail. Shippo bit Inuyasha's hand, and he cried out.

"Why you!" Inuyasha punched him in anger, and Shippo hit the floor.

"I had that first, Inuyasha!" Shippo protested, jumping up.

"Well you snooze, you looze." Inuyasha took a sip, and smirked.

"Inuyasha! Sit boy!" Kagome yelled, pointing a finger at him.

Inuyasha cried out and hit the floor with a sick crunch, and the ramen flew into the air. Shippo caught it, and he ran outside to eat it quickly.

Inuyasha stood up, growling. "What the hell is your problem?!"

"You can't just do that to little kids, Inuyasha!"

"Says you! Why do you always have to..."

Sango and Miroku walked back outside, deciding to just let them sort it out themselves.

"Miroku, are we really going to let Kagome go?" Sango murmured.

They sat down under a tree nearby, only hearing the faint voices of Kagome telling Inuyasha to sit again for something he said.

Miroku sighed sadly. "I don't think we can do anything about it. Kagome seems pretty determined to go, no matter what we tell her."

Sango sighed aswell. "We'll just have to trust Kagome, and hope she'll be okay."

"I'm sure Kagome will be alright, since Kilala will be with her."

Kilala appeared on Sango's shoulder. "Yeah, I'm glad Kilala's going to protect her. I will be more at peace knowing Kilala will be there to help." Sango replied, petting Kilala on her head affectionately.

"In the meantime, we should probably stop the argument." Miroku muttered.

There was a moment of silence, and they sighed.

Kagome's voice rang out of the hut. "How dare you think I would do that! What is wrong with you? I wouldn't do any of that!" Inuyasha's voice was more muffled, but Miroku and Sango could tell he was yelling.

"I'm not the one who can't take care of themselves-"

Kagome's voice rang out. "Sit!"

They heard Inuyasha's cry, followed by another sit. Kagome appeared out the door, walking stiffly away.

Chapter 3: Starting Out Alone by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters whatsoever!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone had settled in for the night, and they all started to fall asleep. Kagome was woken by Kilala, and Kagome petted her gratefully.

That was close. I could have slept right through the time I needed to leave if Kilala hadn't woken me up.

Kagome queitly sat up, and saw Miroku, Shippo, and even Inuyasha asleep.

As quietly as she could, she grabbed her bow and arrows and walked outside, with Kilala following. To be safe, they walked a little ways before Kilala transformed, careful not to wake Inuyasha.

"Alright Kilala," Kagome whispered, climbing onto her back. "Lets go."

Kilala flew into the sky, and they sailed off to the west, climbing in height so Inuyasha couldn't track their scents.

Kagome looked back to make sure no one had woken up, and she sighed with relief when Inuyasha didn't appear. "Good job Kilala." Kagome replied, her voice backShe pet Kilala's muzzle, and Kilala purred with delight. "Thanks for coming with me, I bet it was hard to leave Sango's side."

Kilala meowed quietly in reassurance, and Kagome smiled gratefully.

Kilala sped up, and they sailed through the clouds, the moon shining brightly.

-----------------------------------

Inuyasha woke, and he blinked his sleep away, stretching. Miroku and Sango were already gone, probably in the village looking for details on the last shard.

Good, He thought. That's what we should really be doing. He stood, and he turned his head to make sure Kagome was asleep and well.

"Huh?" Kagome wasn't there. Where's Kagome? Inuyasha walked outside, looking around. Did she go with the others? He pushed off the ground, jumping through the air, looking for them.

-----------------------------------

Miroku sighed. "Oh brother, how are we going to tell Inuyasha?"

Sango sighed aswell. They were in the headmaster's home, hearing a rumor that he witnessed something including the shard. But they talk with the Headmaster and it turns out it was just a rumor. "He'll kill us for sure for letting us let Kagome leave."

Shippo shivered, afraid of what Inuyasha would do to him. He only found out this morning, when he went with Miroku and Sango to the man's house.

Miroku and Sango looked at each other in a nervous silence.

"Shall we make a run for it?" Miroku suddenly suggested.

Sango gave a stiff nod and they stood, and started to walk quickly to the door, and then outside, and they passed the gate to the home.

Inuyasha appeared suddenly, and Sango and Miroku jumped back with guilty surprise. Shippo fell completely off Miroku's shoulder, and scootched back in fear.

"Where's Kagome?" He asked, looking at them with a neutral expression.

Miroku, Sango, and Shippo all glanced at each other, guilty.

"She's... gone?" Shippo nervously replied, taking a scared step back.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Inuyasha yelled?

-----------------------------------------

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled, jumping up. "You let her go to that stupid priestess training thing?!"

Miroku and Sango were sitting on the ground, and they looked up at him.

"Kagome wants to get as strong as possible, and she thought this was a good opportunity to train and to get stronger." Sango replied, standing.

"Sango is telling the truth," Miroku replied, also standing. Shippo was on his shoulder, silent. "She took Kilala and said she'd be back as soon as possible."

Inuyasha growled. "How could you just let her go like that? What if she gets in trouble or captured by Naraku? Or-"

"Inuyasha!" Miroku yelled. Inuyasha stopped, but scowled and looked at him. "Kagome will be fine. I wouldn't have let her go if I didn't think she wouldn't be safe with Kilala."

Inuyasha growled. "Is this all because I told her she can't take care of herself? I didn't really mean it.." He turned away, and ran in the direction of the hut, hoping to catch her scent somewhere. Did she leave because of what I told her?

-------------------------------------------------

Kagome and Kilala had stopped for the day at a village, and Kagome fed her some treats she had grabbed out of her bag before she left. Kilala mewed happily and transformed back into a small cat, and ate them happily.

Kagome wiped the back of her hand across her forehead, and sighed. "Let's find a place to stay for the night, what do you say Kilala?"

Kilala mewed again and hopped onto her shoulder, and Kagome looked around. A villager was walking past her, and she put a hand on their shoulder. "Excuse me," Kagome said, looked over their shoulder.

The old woman turned towards her with a friendly smile. "Yes young lady, how can I help you?"

Kagome smiled sadly. "Do you know a place where I can stay for the night?"

The old lady nodded. "You could stay with me and my husband. We haven't had company in a long time."

Kagome bowed. "Thank you."

The old lady smiled. "This way, child."

She led Kagome through the village, and to her home. She lived a little ways away from the rest of the houses, and her home rested on a hill. Flowers bloomed all over the place, and it made the area smell sweet.

"You're house is beautiful." Kagome complemented, looking around in wonder.

The old lady laughed. "Thank you dearie. It's my favorite thing to do; take care of these flowers here."

Kagome smiled as they entered her hut, and the old lady started to grab wood to make a fire for light.

Kagome walked over. "Here, let me do it for you." Kagome replied, grabbing the wood from her hands.

"Thank you, child." The old lady replied.

"It's no trouble." Kagome replied, smiling as she rested the firewood on the pit.

There was a moment of silence. The old lady looked down at Kagome gratefully. "You never told me your name, sweetheart."

Kagome stopped suddenly in surprise, but smiled and continued. "My name is Kagome."

The old lady smiled. "What a strange name. Kagome..."

Kagome laughed softly. "Yeah, I get that a lot."

"It's a very pretty name, Kagome."

Kagome stood, finishing up. "Thank you. And thanks for letting me stay here, um..."

"My name is Sana."

Kagome smiled. "Thank you for letting me stay here, Lady Sana."

Sana smiled. "You're very welcome. My husband should be here soon.. Are you hungry? You look like you've traveled a long way today." She looked down at Kilala, who had appeared at Kagome's feet. "Now who's this adorible little cat?"

"This is Kilala. She comming with me on my trip." Kagome replied cheerfully.

Kilala mewed cutely.

Old lady Sana chuckled deeply. "I used to know a two-tail in my day. I know this great recipe they can eat. They love it, it's their favorite."

"Really?" Kagome widened her eyes in happy surprise. "That be great, thank you!"

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha growled. "Damn it!" He punched a tree.

I can't track Kagome's scent no matter how hard I try. It's like her scent disappeared or evaporated. He looked up at the sky. Which is strange. A scent just doesn't disappear like that. Inuyasha jumped through the trees, from branch to branch. Kagome...

----------------------------------------

"That was delicious, thanks so much!" Kagome replied, handing Sana her bowl. Kilala was finishing up her bowl.

Kagome looked down at Kilala. "Did you like it Kilala?"

Kilala mewed happily, and curled up into a ball next to Kagome. Kagome put a hand on Kilala, and started to pet her softly.

"I'm glad you to enjoyed it!" Sana exclaimed happily.

"Sana? Who's this?"

Kagome and Sana looked up at the door, and an old man was in the doorway.

"She's a traveler. She needed a place to stay, so I offered." Sana replied happily.

Th old man walked in. "It's nice to have some company again."

Kagome nodded. "It's nice to meet you."

The old man nodded. "It's nice to meet you too. My name is Kentaro."

"This is Kagome. She's traveling with a two-tailed friend named Kilala." Sana explained, gestering to Kilala.

"Why isn't that a fine specimen?" The old man croaked, petting Kilala on the head. She mewed.

"So, this village seems very peaceful," Kagome replied.

Sana and Kentaro sobered.

"Actually we are in terrible peril."

"What do you mean?" Kagome asked.

Kentaro looked sadly at her. "A demon has been ruling this village for awhile now."

Kagome gasped with surprise, and Kilala pricked her ears up to listen.

"Every month, it asks for a sacrifice. We decided to sacrifice the old, because we need the yound and strong, and the children." Sana replied.

"That's terrible."

Kentaro had tears in his old eyes. "The sacrifices go down the line, one after the other." He took Sana's hand.

Kagome understood. "No! They can't sacrifice you, Sana!"

Sana sighed. "If it means protecting the village for awhile longer, I will sacrafice myself todo so."

"There has to be another way!" Kagome replied, standing up.

"The only other way is to kill it," Kentaro whispered sadly. "And none of us is strong enough."

"I'll help." Kagome replied, and they looked at her in surprise. "I'm a priestess. I can take it down." Kagome clutched her bow tightly.

"Can you really do so?" Sana asked, hope in her voice.

Kagome nodded. "When are you supposed to be sacrificed?"

"Sana is supposed to be given to the demon tomorrow evening," Kentaro croaked.

Kagome nodded again, and looked down at Kilala who was standing up. "Did you catch that, Kilala?"

Kilala meowed defiantly.

Chapter 4: Preview of Power by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters!!

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha had found a villager and asked which direction was the Priestess Daichi. He had him by the collar, and the villager fearfully told him the directions. Inuyasha dropped him and started to run in that direction.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha stopped abruptly and turned, to see Miroku, Sango, and Shippo running towards him.

"What is it?"

"We will accompany you to find Kagome." Miroku replied, coming to a stop.

Inuyasha growled. "I don't care what you do. All I know is I'm bringing Kagome back." He took off again, with Miroku, Sango, and Shippo in pursuit.

-----------------------------------------

Kagome was walking through the streets, the villagers looking at her. I won't let Sana be sacrificed. Too many people have been sacrificed already.

"Is that the priestess?" She overheard a villager whisper to another. "She's the one who the Headmaster said would destroy the demon."

Kagome remembered speaking with him this morning.

Kagome walked through the mansion's doors, and was escorted by servants to the Headmaster.

When she reached the room he resided in, he was sitting on the floor writing scrolls, which was spread out before him.

"Headmaster, here is the priestess who wanted to see you." A servant replied.

"Welcome." The headmaster gestered. "Please, sit."

Kagome sat in front of him. She got right to the point. "I want to help kill the demon. I hate the idea you have to sacrifice people."

The Headmaster nodded. "I hate the fact we have to do that aswell. I don't want to sacrifice anyone else anymore. We have given too many people already. But the problem is that the demon appears atleast as one hundred diffrent demons, yet they talk as one, as one demon."

Kagome flinched. "That many?"

"Yes. That's why we haven't been able to stop it at all."

There was a moment of silence, then Kagome tightened her hold on her bow. "The next one to be sacrificed is my friend. I won't just stand by and let her die." Kagome stood. "I'll take care of the demon, you have my word."

Kagome walked past the whispering crowd, and stopped at the entrance to the village. I can do this, Kagome thought, loading an arrow. I can save these people.

She waited, and the wind steadily blew. Suddenly, out of the trees came many demons in size and shape. She aimed her arrow, and concentrated with all her might. I wont let anyone else die! She released, and simultaneously Kagome's sacred power swirled around her arrow, flying towards the group of demons. It took out atleast twenty, which Kagome smiled for. She aimed again, and fired. Another twenty down.

Suddenly one came straight at her, and Kagome quickly released an arrow and purified it. One flew towards Kagome from behind, and Kagome didn't have enough time to react.

Kilala was there, and she took it out with a bite to the neck.

"Thanks Kilala!" Kagome yelled over the cries of the demons.

Kilala roared in triumph, and ran to Kagome's side. They were back to back, watching the demons circling the air. "Let's do this Kilala!" Kagome exclaimed with determination.

Kilala roared again, and took to the air, fighting demons. Kagome aimed and fired, taking out another group. More appeared from the woods, and Kagome clenched her teeth tightly.

A cry rang out, and Kagome turned quickly in surprise to see a group of demons heading for the villagers.

"Oh no you don't!" Kagome yelled, firing another arrow. It flew over the villager's heads, purifying the demons and saving them. "I got 'em." She murmered. She turned to look at the sky, and looked at the villagers. "Get back inside!" She yelled at them. "And don't come back out until it's over!"

The small group of villagers nodded, running to hide in their homes, and Kagome looked to the sky to search for Kilala.

She was taking out quite a few demons, but some were rushing towards her while she was fighting a diffrent group.

"Kilala!" Kagome yelled. She shot an arrow, and it killed the demons before they got to the feline. Kilala looked down at her gratefully, and flew off to fight more.

Kagome reached behind her to grab another arrow, and she pulled it out swiftly. She fired and fired, taking out as many as she could at a time. Finally, they all disapeared, and Kagome hit the ground in exhaustion.

It's over. Kagome thought, panting hard.

Suddenly the earth rattled, and the wind picked up. Storm clouds appeared, and an ominous feeling came over Kagome.

Kagome cried out in surprise. There's more?! A hundred demons came out from the clouds, all flying towards her. She scowled, and stood. She reached to pull out an arrow from her quiver, and cringed when she realized she only had one more arrow left. I have to make this one count! Kagome raised her last arrow into the air. She focused as hard as she could, and her eyes narrowed as she put all of her power into that one arrow. In her aiming pose, Kagome's sacred power swirled around her body, and the wind pushed back in the other direction, whipping Kagome's hair all over the place.

"We will devour your soul, girl!" The demons screamed as one.

"I wont let anyone else die!" Kagome screamed with defiance.

She released.

Kagome's sacred power expanded around the arrow five times larger than it usually did. It was gigantic, and her arrow shot swiftly through the air, cutting through the wind currents and straight to the demons. You can make it!

It collided with the first demon, and it exploded, sending jets of light everywhere. Everywhere the light touched, it purified. Kagome shielded her eyes, and Kilala landed infont of her, protecting her from the wind. Kagome's sacred power pulsed through the air, and her arrow shot straight through the hundred demons, killing them instantly. It shot through the sky, and into the clouds. The wind disappeared, and the setting sun appeared.

Kagome leaned against Kilala. "We did it Kilala..." She murmured, resting her head against Kilala's shoulder, sitting on her knees, unable to move. Kilala hissed happily.

The villagers walked outside quietly, stunned. When they saw Kagome standing up, they errupted into cheers and prayers. The roar of the croud made Kagome smile, and out of the croud came Sana and Kentaro.

"Kagome! You're alright!" Sana ran over to her-as fast as an old lady could go-and hugged her. "You did it child! You killed the demon!"

Kagome smiled. "I'm glad I could help."

"We are forever in your debt."

Kagome looked up from the fussy old Sana and saw the Headmaster standing there.

"Thank you so much for saving this village, Priestess Kagome." Headmaster replied, bowing. The crowd did the same.

Kagome was getting embarassed. "It's no problem at all. I'm just glad everyone's okay."

Kilala walked to her side, and she hopped on. "We have to leave now, but take care."

"Wait!" Sana exclaimed. "Take this!" She held a small bundle.

Kagome took it curiously, and opened it up. It was the leftover bread from the meal before, and the treats Kentaro made for Kilala.

"It's not much, but..." Kantaro replied, standing by Sana's side.

"Thank you." Kagome murmured. She tied it to her back, and Kilala started to walk away.

"You come back and visit us again, you hear?" Sana yelled.

"I will! Take care everyone!" Kagome yelled as Kilala lept into the air.

Everyone waved, and Kagome smiled as they disappeared over the horizon.

End Notes:
Oh yeahs, Kagome is freaking awesome. >:3  Lol, Hope you like it! ^^
Chapter 5: Truth by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome and Kilala were almost there, but since it was close to night already, they decided to stop and find a safe place to rest. They found a clearing with a stream, so the stopped and got something to drink. Kagome gave Kilala some treats and some of the bread, and she ate some herself.

"Great fighting today, Kilala." Kagome replied, petting Kilala behind the ear. Kilala hissing contentedly. Kagome leaned against Kilala, and the feline put her tails over Kagome and formed a protective shield around her.

"Thank you for coming, Kilala. I couldn't have done any of this without you..." Kagome wandered off, drifting into sleep. Kilala meowed and closed her eyes herself.

--------------------------

Kagome woke at around noon, and she stood, walking over to the stream. She splashed the water over her face to waker her up, and cleaned up a little bit. She had a few bruises, but nothing serious. She was covered in dirt, and she sighed.

Kilala walked over to Kagome and geustered for her to climb on. Kagome nodded and hopped on, murmuring "Good morning" to her. They soared into the sky, and a huge village appeared on a mountain ahead of them.

"We're almost there, Kilala." Kagome exclaimed happily.

--------------------------

Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo arrived at a village four days later. It took them a lot longer to get there than usual, since they didn't know which direction Kagome went since Inuyasha couldn't smell her scent at all. They looked around, at the cheerful villagers and children running around.

"Kagome was here! I can smell her scent!" Inuyasha replied. It was the first time he was able to smell it since she left. Where? Where is she? He looked all over the place looking for her. "I don't see Kagome anywhere!" Inuyasha yelled.

"You know Priestess Kagome?" A voice replied behind them.

They turned to see an old lady walking towards them.

"Excuse me, how do you know Lady Kagome?" Miroku asked the old lady.

The old lady smiled tenderly. "Why, Kagome saved this village!"

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"You are obviously looking for her, so come to my home and I will explain." The old lady replied. She turned and led the way, with Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango-with Shippo on her shoulder-following. "Oh, by the way," The old woman stopped. "My name is Sana."

-----------------------------------

When Inuyasha and everyone reached the old lady's home, they met her husband, Kentaro.

"These people are looking for Kagome! Isn't that funny?" Sana exclaimed, sitting next to her husband. "Please sit," Sana replied.

Everyone sat, and Inuyasha crossed his arms.

"So, why is Kagome the savior of this village? It sounds like a big deal." Miroku asked.

Sango nodded. "I heard all the villagers talking her as we passed them."

Sana nodded. "She came about a week ago, riding on Kilala. I assume you know the demon cat if you know Kagome?"

Sango nodded. "Yeah, she's my companion."

Sana nodded. "We ran into each other, and she asked me if I knew a place to stay." She adjusted her legs into a more comfortable position. "I offered to let her stay here, and she was very polite and met my Kentaro here." She nodded at Kentaro, and he smiled. "We offered to give her food, and she excepted. We fed your Kilala too, miss." Sana looked at Sango.

"Yes, thank you." Sango smiled gratefully.

"We then told her about the demon that had been terrorizing our village for years, and how it appeared as a hundred demons that was controled by one mind. We also told her how we would have to give a sacrafice every month to it to stay alive."

"That's horrible." Miroku stated.

Kentaro nodded. "Yes, it was. And, then Kagome realised that Sana was the next sacrafice."

Everyone gasped. "You were?" Inuyasha asked.

Sana nodded. "When she heard that, she went to the Headmaster."

"To do what?" Inuyasha growled.

"To take on the demon herself." Sana murmured.

Inuyasha flinched, and widened his eyes. "S-She went the your Headmaster to ask to kill all those demons? By herself?"

Sana nodded sadly. "She was super brave, and the day I was supposed to be given to the demon, she stood infront of the village and protected us."

Everyone was holding their breath.

"Atleast fifty appeared, and Kagome took them out with her arrows, with the help off her two-tailed friend, Kilala."

"Kagome took out fifty?" Shippo asked in awe.

Sana smiled and nodded. "She was incredible. But then..."

Inuyasha gripped Tesusaiga tightly. " 'But then' what?"

"A group of one hundred demons appeared from the clouds."

"One hundred?" Miroku murmured. "Incredible."

"Kagome had only one arrow left."

Inuyasha cringed. There's no way Kagome could have taken out so many with one arrow!

"She had so much determination, it radiated from her." Sana pictured Kagome strong and powerful in her mind, standing with her arrow aimed. "Her power literally swirled around her, and her body glowed so brightly we had to shield our eyes behind the walls of the huts."

Inuyasha, Sango, and Miroku's eyes were wide, and they were listening intently, especially Inuyasha.

Sana continued. "When she released her arrow, she vowed not to let anyone else die, and her arrow's sacred power increased dramatically."

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha murmured.

"The power around her arrow spread so wide it almost covered the sky. It sailed straight through the one hundred demons and purified every single one, killing them instantly."

"Kagome killed one hundred demons with just one arrow?" Sango asked, dumbstruck.

"That's amazing." Miroku added quietly.

Kagome killed all of them with just one? She killed one hundred demons? Inuyasha was shocked. Kagome is that powerful?

"When it hit the first demon, light exploded across the sky and even purified the dark clouds, and brought the sun out." Kentaro explained. "And when the light cleared, we saw her laying on the ground, exhausted."

"Oh no." Sango whispered.

"She was hurt?" Inuyasha growled.

Sana nodded. "It was clearly visible. She limped over to us villagers and looked like she was going to collapse. She had dirt all over her, and a few cuts a bruises. But amazingly, she stood her ground." Sana smiled admiringly. "She left soon after."

Inuyasha and everyone else took in the story, amazed.

"I can't belive it." Sango replied.

"But there was problem." Kentaro replied.

Everyone turned towards Kentaro, even Sana.

He looked at them all. "She killed most of them, but missed one."

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"Missed one? What do you mean, Kentaro?" Sana asked. "I didn't see any other demons."

"It's because he disappeared so fast I thought even I had imagined it." Kentaro crossed his arms. "He was watching Kagome, smiling evily. He was inside a strange force field, and he had long black hair and tentacles coming out of his back. He had bones on his body, and an eye in the middle of his chest."

"That's.." Shippo started.

Inuyasha was frozen. "Naraku! He's after Kagome!" He stood, and looked down at Kentaro. "Which way did he disapear? Show me!"

Kentaro led them outside, and pointed west. "He followed her that way, into the clouds."

Inuyasha took off immediatly, with Sango and Miroku following.

Chapter 6: Training by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

None of the Inu no Taishou characters bleong to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome had arrived the day before, and she was preparing for her private training with Sensei- what Priestess Gaichi wanted to be called- today. She had re-filled on arrows, and Kilala jumped on her shoulder as she grabbed them and headed out the door.

The training area was barren, just rock. She was observed by Gaichi Sensei yesterday and complemented on how much spiritual power she had, more than she's ever seen. Kagome was told to be prepared for the next day, when they would start training. Kagome had washed her school clothes, so they were clean.

Gaichi Sensei appeared infront of her, and Kagome took a step back in surprise.

"Are you ready, Kagome?" Gaichi asked, raising her arms. She was wearing a white kimono and a beaded necklace. She had long brown hair, and pale skin.

Kagome nodded. "Yes."

"What do you want to learn more about with you're power?" Gaichi asked.

Kagome thought for a moment. She really just wanted to control it. But if she could break through Naraku's barriers, that would really help out.

"I really just want to control it and break powerful barriers." Kagome replied confidently.

Gaichi nodded calmly. "Alright. Let us begin."

---------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and everyone else were almost there. All they had to do was travel atleast a day and they would be there. Inuyasha was focused on nothing but getting to Kagome, and to make sure she was okay. He knew Naraku was after Kagome so she could show him where the last shard was. He sped up his pace even more, if that was possible.

Sudddenly a jolt went through him. Naraku's scent!

"I smell Naraku!" Inuyasha yelled over the wind.

"Do you think he reached Kagome?" Miroku asked him fearfully.

"I won't let him lay a hand on her!" Inuyasha growled. I will never let her get taken away.

---------------------------------------

Kagome dropped her bow, panting.

"Can you go on, Kagome?" Gaichi replied calmly.

Kagome straightened up, and grabbed her bow, nodding. "Let's keep going!"

Gaichi smiled. "Such determination. That is what feuls the power of us priestesses. To save other people." Gaichi looked down at her from the boulder she was sitting on. "Who do you want to protect?"

Instantly Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kaede, and everyone else appeared in her mind. "I may not be able to do much to help, but.." Kagome's body started to glow. "I will protect them with everything I have!" Sacred power swirled around her body, and Kagome realized this was it.

Gaichi smiled proudly. "Well done, Kagome. That is all you need to do to break barriers. You need to pour all of you feelings in your arrow, and it will increase your power."

Kagome looked down at her body in awe. She felt raw power radiate from her, and she felt healed of any fatigue she had earlier. Her bow glowed the brightest, and Kagome smiled with relief.

"Now, Kagome, shoot an arrow at that circle over there." Gaichi gestered towards a small circle lined with sutras and charms, and a barrier shimmered into sight but diappeared quickly.

"How do I know if I'm powerful enough to break a barrier like that?" Kagome asked nervously, thinking of Naraku. "I can feel the power from that barrier. How did you make such a strong barrier?" She asked, staring at the small circle of sutras.

"I have been practicing for a very long time, Kagome. About fifteen years; that's how long I had to master my powers and paa them on to others."

Kagome didn't doubt Gaichi's words; she had already seen demonstrations of Sensei's power earlier today in their training.

Kagome nodded, positioning her arrow on her bow string. She slowly raised it, her body glowing with pure light the more focused she became. She remembered tips from Gaichi; to pour all her emotions into her arrow, and to trust it will always hit the target. She pulled her arrow back as far as she could, and released. Ringlets of her sacred power escaped from the tip of the arrow, and it quickly turned into an enormous jet of light, almost as big as the one she created when battling the one hundred demons.

"Go!" Kagome encouraged, as it sailed through the air smoothly and straight to the barrier.

It smashed into the barrier and made it shimmer violently, but the barrier fought back. Cracks formed on the surface, and blasting wind escaped from the barrier. Blinding light caused Kagome to shield her eyes, and the barrier cracked further.

You can make it! Kagome silently prayed, willing it to break the barrier. Suddenly, the barrier shattered, causing the shards to evaporate into small white lights and sail into the sky.

"Alright!" Kagome yelled happily.

"Not bad for your first try, Kagome." Gaichi smiled encouraginly. "But you can do even better. If you practice more, the more quicker it will break the barriers and the more off guard your opponent will be."

Kagome took in her words, and nodded, determined. I can get better. I know I can.

"Now," Gaichi replied, jumping down from the boulder she was sitting on. "Again."

--------------------------------

Kagome had been practicing on the same barrier for hours; each time her arrow became slightly faster in breaking the barrier. Kagome hit her knees from the hours of practice, and Gaichi dismissed her to rest.

Kagome walked back to the room she was currently staying in, and grabbed a neatly folded kimono one of Gaichi's maids left for her. She walked to the baths, and soaked for atleast half an hour. When she emerged from the bath room in the snow white kimono, she walked back to the room she was staying and fell asleep.

The next day, Kagome met Gaichi by the front entrance of her mansion. It over looked the village, and a long staircase surrounded by the forest slide down the hillside and to the village. The sun was just coming up, and Kagome blinked away the sleep from her eyes, excited for her next lesson.

"Today we will battle real demons."

Kagome cringed with surprise. "Are you sure, Gaichi? I mean.."

"I believe you are ready, Kagome. I have faith in you." Gaichi smiled reasurringly, and Kagome smiled aswell.

They walked down the staircase, but turned off the path and into the woods. A small path appeared by the bushes, and Gaichi led Kagome down the winding path, into a huge clearing.

Kagome stopped, looking around. "How am I supposed to fight demons here?" She asked, walking towards Gaichi, who had stopped a few feet away.

Gaichi sighed heavily, annoyed. "Kagome, they are drawn to this specific area, drawn by the smell of sacred power."

Kagome rubbed the back of her head embarissingly. "Right. Sorry..."

The trees slowly started to jerk back and fourth, and the wind started to pick up. The ground shook, and Kagome braced herself for what was to come.

A huge troll demon appeared out of the woods, with razor sharp teeth and black skin, with red eyes.

Kagome flinched in fear, and looked at Gaichi.

Gaichi gave her a supporting look and geustered to the giant troll.

Kagome clenched her teeth tightly, grabbing her bow slowly and pulling out an arrow. She narrowed her eyes in concentration, and the demon flinched, then ran towards her.

Kagome yelled, and ran out of the way just in time. She ran a few feet away from the monster, and dropped to her knee to aim her arrow. Power swirled around it quickly, and Kagome grunted with concentration.

"Go!" She realeased, and it soared straight into the troll. It left a huge gap in it's chest from her arrow, and it began to purify his body. The troll demon fell, dead, and slowly evaporated into thin air.

"Well done." Gaichi nodded. "This is to test your reflexes and the quickness of how you can summon your powers."

Kagome wearily looked at her surroundings, listening carfully for other demons.

"So it begins." Gaichi murmured, smiling.

End Notes:
Thanks so much for all the views, guys!  It means so much to me, really! :')  Here is Chapter 6, I hope you enjoy it!
Chapter 7: Demons by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:

I don't own any of the Inuyasha characters!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome dropped to her knees, gasping for breath. She had taken down three demons so far; each stronger than the last. Kagome would face the strongest; the fourth demon. She waited, resting as much as she could. Gaichi had a worried expression on her face, but she stayed away, pushing Kagome as far as she could go. The fourth and final demon's pressence enveloped Kagome, and she tensed. Kagome quickly stood, already loading an arrow. She was shaking, and still breathing heavily. Kagome waited, listening intently. Suddenly the ground began to rumble, and Kagome had to spread her legs out under her to keep her balance the earth was rocking so much. Kagome closed her eyes, fighting the urge of dizziness.

If I get dizzy, that will give the demon an advantage... Kagome clenched her teeth, and finally the quake stopped. She slowly opened her eyes, and gasped when she saw the demon standing before her. It was huge. It's body was like a snake, but it had two front legs. It's head arched high in the sky, a few stories high. The demon's eyes were white, and it had a snake-like mouth with razor sharp fangs. It's tail was razor sharp, with strange liquid oozing out of it that made Kagome sick to her stomach. Kagome took a step back in fear, and didn't dare blink.

"This is the final demon, Kagome!" Gaichi exclaimed from a ways away. "Defeat it, and you will be done for the day!"

Easy for you to say, Kagome nervously thought. You're not the one about to be eaten by a snake!

Kagome quickly loaded an arrow, and fired.  She had mastered summoning her energy, from the last few demons being incredibly fast in reflex. It soared straight to the enormous demon, flying straight to it's body. At the last second though, the demon easily dodged it and rushed at her. Kagome was terrified, but she somehow managed to escape the jaws of the snake. She hit the ground and skid, coming to a quick stop. Kagome stood quickly, not feeling any pain because of the adrenaline running through her.

How am I going to be wuicker than this demon? Kagome wondered, afraid.

The demon snake realized Kagome wasn't in it's teeth, and turned towards her and charged. Kagome took a step to run, but tripped, falling. Kagome looked over her shoulder, screaming.

Suddenly Kilala was there, picking her up by the back of her shirt. Kilala bounded out of reach with Kagome and set her down gently nearby.

"Thank you, Kilala." Kagome smiled gratefully at the feline and stood, staring at the monstrous demon. That's it!

Kagome jumped onto Kilala's back and they flew through the aor, cirlcing above the demons massive head. Kagome grabbbed another arrow, and released it quickly, hitting the demon in the middle of the body.

"Alright!" Kagome exclaimed. She grabbed another arrow, and realized it was her last one. "I need to finish it with one blow."

Kilala flew away from the demon's head so Kagome had a clear shot.

"Here goes!" Kagome grunted, releasing her arrow.

Instantly it transformed into a huge jet of sacred power. It cut through the demon, slicing it in half with ease. It fell to the ground, twitching.

Kilala landed next to Gaichi, and Kagome dismounted her.

Gaichi just nodded silently, smiling proudly.

Chapter 8 by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:
I donot own any of the original InuYasha characters!  Hope you enjoy~!<3

"I think we're almost done, Kagome." Gaichi replied, smiling gently.

"Why don't you test it out on me, then?"

"I know that voice..." Kagome whispered, looking up. "Naraku!"

Naraku hovered above her in the sky, chuckling.

"Who is that?" Gaichi narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Naraku released a tentacle from his body, and it flew straight to Gaichi.

"No!" Kagome yelled, but it was too late.

Naraku stabbed Giachi before she could even react, and she fell to the ground.

Kagome stared at Gaichi's body. "No.." She whispered. "Naraku.." She tightened her hold on her bow, and the outline of her body began to glow.

Pour all of your emotions into that single arrow. Gaichi's voice rang through her mind. I'm sorry, Gaichi. I'm so sorry. Kagome's eyes flashed blue.

"I saw your little trick with those demons, Kagome. That was a very powerful attack. Maybe even more powerful than Kikyou's arrows."

Kagome growled. In one swift movement, Kagome had and arrow loaded onto her bow, and she was aiming it straight at Naraku.

Naraku chuckled. "I'm here to collect you Kagome, but If you want to shoot an arrow at me, go ahead."

He doesn't think I can break his barrier. Kagome thought. She pulled her arrow back farther. I'll show him what I can do! Kagome concentrated to put all of her power and emotions with everything she had.

"Pour all of them.." Kagome murumered, just loud enough for Naraku to hear. "All of them. My anger, sadness, fear..." Kagome pulled back her arrow as far as she could. Sacred power circled around her body, and it made her hair circle around her. Power surged around her arrow, and her bow glowed. "..And my determination!"

Kagome released her arrow, and it sailed straight to him. Naraku frowned, and dodged out of the way. But Kagome's arrow circled around and hit his barrier, light shining everywhere. It made his barrier shimmer, and start to disappear.

Impossible. Naraku thought.

He cut the arrow in half with one the bones from his hands, and her arrow lost it's power and disappeared. He turned back to her, and chuckled. "Well, looks like I underestimated your power, Kagome. That arrow would have definetly broken through my barrier, as much as I hate to admit it."

Kagome's body still glowed, and she clenched her teeth. "Naraku.."

Naraku smirked and his hand turned into a large whip. Kagome took a step back. He swung it at her, and it hit her in the side, sending her flying backwards. She flew through the air and skidded on the ground on her stomach. Her body was still glowing, and despite being thrown, Kagome raised her head.

She slowly stood, raised another arrow, and released.

Naraku swiped it out of the air, but Kagome was ready. She fired another one, and before Naraku could knock it away, it hit the barrier, and shattered it.

"Alright!" Kagome exclaimed. Suddenly, her body stopped glowing, and she fell to her knees. W-What's going on? I'm really tired all of a sudden...

Naraku laughed. Kagome looked up to see a new barrier formed around him. "It seems your powers aren't strong enough to keep my barrier down!" He grinned, and sent the whip flying towards Kagome. She couldn't move, and it launched her into the air, and she fell plumitting to the ground. She layed there, not having enough strength to get up.

Naraku chuckled. "How disappointing. I thought you'd be more powerful, but I was wrong. This ended too quickly." He floated down to her, but kept his distance. "Are you in pain, Kagome?"

Kagome cried out in pain from trying to sit up, and fell back down.

Naraku smirked again, and lifted his hand. The vine he used to hit Kagome with grew spikes, and it split to grab Kagome by the stomach and wrists. They moved, which scratched Kagome's skin and made her bleed. Kagome struggled and fought but the blood loss made her black out, and Naraku smiled.

"I will take you back to my castle, and use you to find the last shard." Naraku murmured, lifting the vines so she was suspended in mid air.

"Wind Scar!"

The vine holding Kagome was cut in half, despite how thick it was. Kagome dropped to the ground, the vines still around her body.

Naraku turned with a bored expression. "Inuyasha. Here before everyone else?"

Inuyasha was still in the pose from swinging his Tesusaiga, and he was panting. He growled. "Get away from Kagome!" He charged, hitting his barrier, but he bounced easily off. He landed on the ground, and instantly roots came out from the ground and wrapped around Inuyasha's body, snatching Tesusaiga from his grasp. It turned back into a rusty sword, and was wrapped in Naraku's disgusting tentacles that appeared out of the ground.

A vine wrapped around Inuyasha's throat. "The..Tesusaiga.." He choked out.

"You know, Inuyasha, Kagome broke my barrier." Naraku looked over his shoulder at Kagome's body. "She barely broke through it but... she did. Too bad I cut her up so much she can't move."

"Bastard... What did..you..do to Kagome?" Inuyasha growled.

Naraku chuckled. "Do you really want to know?"

Inuyasha snarled, and broke through the roots. He grabbed his Tesusaiga and aimed it at Naraku, growling.

"What's the matter, Inuyasha? Angry I injured her? Well, you don't have to worry." Naraku hissed.

"What?" Inuyasha exclaimed, and looked over at Kagome. Her eyes were completely black, with no color.

"I'm slowly taking over her body, and soon her eyes will be mine." Naraku whispered eagerly.

"Over my dead body!" Inuyasha growled, raising his sword to strike.

Then, face down in the dirt, Kagome said, "Stop... I've had enough." She leaned on her elbows, her head down, and painfully started to sit up. "I'm tired of being weak. I'm tired of getting captured." The roots fell off her body and purified when they touched the ground, and her eyes came into view. They were pitch black, but they flashed blue and turned brown again.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha exclaimed. He started to run towards her, but Naraku swung a sharp bone at him, and Inuyasha had to jump back to avoid it. More roots came out of the ground to grab Inuyasha. "Damn!" He cursed.

Kagome suddenly positioned an arrow at Naraku, and he flew back into the sky at a safe distance.

I can hit him. Kagome thought strongly. This time, it will go through his barrier and hit him right in the heart! She glowed again, and she released her arrow. It glowed brighter and stronger than it had when she had killed those demons, and it sailed towards Naraku with incredible speed. "Go!" Kagome yelled, urging it's power to grow.

It did. More power swirled around it, and it hit Naraku's barrier and went straight through it. It slanted off course and hit Naraku's side. It instantly purified it, and Kagome loaded another arrow.

She went through my barrier but didn't break it? Naraku thought with dismay, his eyes widenning in surprise. He scowled and his razor sharp whip flew towards Kagome, and Kagome yelled in alarm.

"No Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. He tried to break the roots, but he was stuck. "Kagome!" He yelled helplessly.

Kagome tried to dodge it by diving to the right, but it snaked around and skimmed her back, splattering blood. Kagome fell to the ground, unmoving.

Inuyasha stared at her laying there. There was no light in her eyes. "Kagome." Inuyasha whispered. "Kagome!" He wailed.

Naraku was chuckling, and Inuyasha shakily clenched his fists. He turned his head and looked up at Naraku, his face ferocious. Inuyasha growled steadily in fury.

The wound that Kagome inflicted on Naraku started to purify the rest of his body, and Naraku narrowed his eyes in pain. "Hmph. What a shame. Looks like I'll have to depart for now..." He started to fade.

"Get back here, you coward!" Inuyasha yelled after him.

Naraku disapeared completely, and the roots slowly dissolved that held Inuyasha.

Inuyasha ran straight to Kagome, and he stopped, looking at her body. "Kagome?!"

Her back, stomach, and wrists were bleeding. Her eyes were closed, and she looked extremely pale. She was lying in a small pool of blood.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, knealing to look down at her. He was afraid to touch her; she looked so fragile. Inuyasha's eyes shook. "Kagome!" He exclaimed again, quickly and gently picking her up.

She weakily opened her eyes.

"Kagome!"

Kagome didn't look up at him. She looked ashamed. "I'm sorry, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha flinched from the surprise and he didn't speak.

"Even with the training I got from Gaichi... I'm still weak." She blinked heavily. "I keep causing trouble. I'm sorry."

"Kagome, you're anything but weak! Don't even think that!" Inuyasha protested. "You broke through Naraku's barrier, and weakened him, despite how powerful he is now. That alone is amazing, Kagome!"

Kagome nodded weakly, and her eyes started to close.

"Now don't you die on me, got it?!" Inuyasha growled, his voice low.

"I...won't..." She murmured. "I'm sorry..."

"Kagome.."

Chapter 9: Awakening (Final) by Ryrirzuar
Author's Notes:
None of the InuYasha characters belong to me~!  Hope you like it!

Kagome woke to be in a familiar hut, her body bandaged up. She turned her head, and saw Miroku sitting nearby.

He looked over at her, and widened his eyes in surprise. "So you're awake, Lady Kagome?"

"Miroku?" Kagome cringed as she sat up, sore. "Where...Where's Sango..Shippo...Inuyasha?"

"They're outside, actually. They are all talking to Sana."

Kagome stood, with a cautious Miroku close to her. Walking outside, the sunlight momentarily blinded her; when it cleared, she saw Inuyasha walking towards her with a stern look.

This outta be good, Kagome replied, stiffening. I'm in for a big yell now.

When Inuyasha stopped infront of her, he growled. "Idiot." He slowly hugged her, and Kagome widened her eyes in surprise, holding her breath. "I'm glad you're feeling better." Inuyasha murmured.

"You aren't mad?" Kagome asked, stunned. "I mean..I ran off without telling you."

Inuyasha scowled. "Don't get me wrong, Kagome; I'm mad alright!" He crossed his arms, turning away. "But you're still recovering, and I had a lot of time to think and..." He looked over his shoulder, blushing a little bit. "I'm just glad you weren't killed by Naraku."

Kagome softened her expression, smiling. "Thanks. I won't run off again, I promise."

Inuyasha turned away with a hmph, and Kagome smiled at Miroku and Sango.

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2188