After The Final Act by Ryrirzuar
Summary:

Everything is well in the Feudal Era.  Until a demon --Hurukai-- appears and threatens to kill Kagome.  Inuyasha will do anything to save her, whatever it takes.  This story is full of love, complications, and suspence.  Twists and turns will take you back to the time they were defeating Naraku!


Categories: Humor, Action/ Adventure, Romance Characters: Inu no Taishou
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 33 Completed: Yes Word count: 31838 Read: 184563 Published: 23 Oct 2012 Updated: 27 Oct 2012

1. Chapter 1 by Ryrirzuar

2. Chapter 2 by Ryrirzuar

3. Chapter 3 by Ryrirzuar

4. Chapter 4 by Ryrirzuar

5. Chapter 5 by Ryrirzuar

6. Chapter 6 by Ryrirzuar

7. Chapter 7 by Ryrirzuar

8. Chapter 8 by Ryrirzuar

9. Chapter 9 by Ryrirzuar

10. Chapter 10 by Ryrirzuar

11. Chapter 11 by Ryrirzuar

12. Chapter 12 by Ryrirzuar

13. Chapter 13 by Ryrirzuar

14. Chapter 14 by Ryrirzuar

15. Chapter 15 by Ryrirzuar

16. Chapter 16 by Ryrirzuar

17. Chapter 17 by Ryrirzuar

18. Chapter 18 by Ryrirzuar

19. Chapter 19 by Ryrirzuar

20. Chapter 20 by Ryrirzuar

21. Chapter 21 by Ryrirzuar

22. Chapter 22 by Ryrirzuar

23. Chapter 23 by Ryrirzuar

24. Chapter 24 by Ryrirzuar

25. Chapter 25 by Ryrirzuar

26. Chapter 26 by Ryrirzuar

27. Chapter 27 by Ryrirzuar

28. Chapter 28 by Ryrirzuar

29. Chapter 29 by Ryrirzuar

30. Chapter 30 by Ryrirzuar

31. Chapter 31 by Ryrirzuar

32. Chapter 32 by Ryrirzuar

33. Chapter 33 (Final) by Ryrirzuar

Chapter 1 by Ryrirzuar

"Sit Boy!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha fell to the ground with a sickining crunch, right before the blast flew over his head.  A demon named Hurukai had appeared, and he was very powerful.  He was atleast twenty feet tall, with dark blue skin and orange horns; with rasor sharp teeth and claws.

As the blast cleared, Inuyasha stood up slowly and growled.  If it hadn't been for Kagome, I would have been blasted to bits.

Hurukai could trap shadows, and freeze your body to where you couldn't move no matter how hard you tried.  Freed from the spell, Inuyasha jumped into the air, bringing Tessaiga down across the demon's arm.  He yelled in pain, and rushed to get away and escape into the forest.

"You won't get away!" Kagome yelled.  She aimed her bow at his retreating body, and her sacred power swirled around her arrow and her body as she gathered power to realease her sacred arrow.  She let the arrow slide from her grasp, and it flew swiftly through the air and hit Hurukai square in the back.  His eyes widened as he turned his head and yelled in agony.

"This isn't over," He protested as he disapeared into nothing.

"Feh, good ridance!" Inuyasha said as he put away Tessaiga.  He turned towards Kagome and grinned.  "Nice shot Kagome, you got 'em!  You're power sure has been growing a lot lately."

Kagome smiled and nodded. "I'm starting to be able to summon arrows." She said.

Inuyasha walked over to her. "What do you mean?"

"Watch."

Kagome closed her eyes and held out her bow, aiming like she had an arrow attatched to the string.  She closed her eyes, and slowly a pink light appeared, and it clustered together, forming an arrow made of Kagome's sacred power.  The tip of the arrow turned real, and down through the arrow the wood and feathers appeared as well.  Kagome opened her eyes to see herself positioning an arrow that looked like all of her other ones.

"See?" She unstrung the arrow and handed it to Inuyasha.

"Wow Kagome, very impressive," He replied.

Kagome smiled and looked at the arrow. "Hopefully I can do that faster when I run out if arrows in a certain or dire situation.  It saps my strength a little but the more I practice, the less it does." Satisfied, Inuyasha gave Kagome back the arrow, and Kagome put it in her quiver.

"Come on, Lets get back to the village and tell Lady Kaede what happened." Inuyasha said, waiting for Kagome to get on his back.

"Right," She nodded.  They took of towards the village, to find Sango, Miroku, and their children with Lady Kaede, waiting for them outside her hut.

End Notes:
Well, tell me what you think so far~!  Reviews are very welcome, so please, don't be shy!  If you like my story, I'd love a comment.  If you don't, tell me why.
Chapter 2 by Ryrirzuar

"What? Hurukai was the culprit again?" Sango asked, shocked.

"Yes, he seems to be after something.." Lady Kaede replied.

"Since we destroyed Naraku and the Sacred Jewel, what could he be after?" Inuyasha growled.

Miroku had his head down, staring at his children who were fast asleep with Shippo.  "No.. That couldn't be it.." He thought aloud.

"What is it Miroku?" Kagome asked, anxious to know what he was thinking.

"Could it be possible he is after Kagome?"

Everyone stared at Kagome.  "But why would he be after me? I didn't do anything to that creep! Well... Except put that arrow in his back just awhile ago."  She sighed.

"Have you not heard the rumors?" Miroku whispered.

"Damn it, what rumors? And why would that demon be after Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, frustrated.

"Rumor has it is that so much sacred power could be used for evil.  Some demons could take that power, and use it to make themselves stronger." Miroku looked at Kagome.  "Hurukai must have been that form of a demon." 

"That could be it.  Kagome's spiritual power is getting so strong now, she is starting to become a rumor in multiple villages around the area. I know because I've heard them myself."  Sango explained while staring at the fire.

Kaede nodded. "Kagome, you might be in danger.  We have been battling more demons than we usually do for a few weeks now.  They must be after your spiritual power."

"Heh.  I heard a clue from one of the demons I slain this past week," Inuyasha said. "As soon as I killed him, his last words were 'I will have the priestess.' Maybe they are after Kagome."

Everyone looked at Kagome again, and she frowned.  "You guys might be right.  I have been getting stronger lately...  Just earlier I showed Inuyasha how I can summon arrows."

"You can do such, Kagome? May we see?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded.  She grabbed her bow, and demonstrated the same thing she did for Inuyasha, but this time it was a bit quicker than before.  She took a breather, and handed the arrow to Sango.

"Looks like an ordinary arrow to me," Sango said, puzzled.

"Astounding Kagome.." Miroku replied in awe.

Lady Kaede frowned.  "This is proof you must be careful, child.  Hurukai was a very strong demon, and he will be back.  More will come as well."

Kagome was a bit frightened, but nodded.  She looked down at her kimono.  "Well, in that case..." She stood up and grabbed her bow and arrows.

"Hey, were are you going Kagome?" Sango asked.

Miroku looked at Kagome questingly.  "Kagome?"

She headed out the door, and hunched the quiver over her shoulder.

"Just where do you think your going?"

Kagome turned around to see Inuyasha heading out after her, looking annoyed.  "Inuyasha.." Her face turned determined.  "I'm going target practicing." She turned away when Inuyasha looked surprised.  "If more demons are coming after me, I better practice." She started to walk again, but Inuyasha put his hand on her arm and turned her around. 

"Kagome.."

"What? What is it?"

He scowled. "Don't worry Kagome, I won't let anyone get near you.  They'd have to do it over my dead body!" He walked over ot her and hugged her tightly. "I won't let anything ever happen to you, I promise.  You mean to much to me."

Kagome couldn't say anything.  "Inuyasha.." She looked up at him.  He looked into her eyes, and got a dreamy expression on his face.  Kagome smiled and adjusted her quiver on her shoulder.  "Well then, lets go."

"Huh? Go where?" Inuyasha asked.

"You come along with me to help me practice," She answered, grabbing his hand and pulling him along.  They were both blushing, and headed off to the forest.

End Notes:
Here you are! Chapter 2!  Hope you like it!  If you do, comment.  If you don't, tell me why. :)
Chapter 3 by Ryrirzuar
The next morning, Inuyasha and Kagome walked to Miroku and Sango's home.

"Miroku? Songo?" Kagome yelled.

"They're not there?" Inuyasha asked from outside.

"No.. Well, we better find them.  If they left their kids with Kaede, and Songo's weapon is gone, then did they go to slay a demon?" Kagome asked Inuyasha, walking back over to him.

"I dunno, something seems suspicious about this.." Inuyasha frowned.

Kagome hopped onto Inuyasha's back, and they went back to Kaede's.  As they were talking with her further on the Hurukai statement, Kagome gasped.

"What is it Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, grabbing Tessaiga.

"Don't you sense that?" She whispered.

Inuyasha flinched. "Yeah, now I do!" He stood up, and went through the door outside.

"You stay here, Kaede." Kagome said, grabbing her bow and arrows.  She walked outside after Inuyasha, who was looking up at the sky, frowning.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome touched his shoulder.

"Look at the sky." He said.

Kagome did so, only to gasp when she sensed at all of the demonic aura gathering in the sky.  The sky turned from a gorgeous blue to a dark purple, with thunder clouds swirling around.

"This scent.." Inuyasha growled at took out his Tessaiga. "Kagome, it's Hurukai! Stay back!"

Kagome nodded and went back into the hut.  "Kaede, we need to get somewhere safe! It's Hurukai!" Kagome grabbed Kaede, Sango and Miroku's kids, and they raced outside and took off into the oposite direction.  "Where can we go?"

"I know where," Kaede replied.

-------------------------

"Damn it," Inuyasha cursed.  You better be safe, Kagome.  He took out Tessaiga and waited for the demon to form.  "Come on out and fight!"

Just then the clouds thundered, and a whirlwind came down from the sky, only to clear with Hurukai standing there.

"Where is the priestess?" The demon growled.

"Like I'd tell you!"  Inuyasha charged after Hurukai, with Tessaiga at the ready.  "Looks like you'll be fighting me instead!"

"Wind Scar!" he yelled, and a jet of Inuyasha's demonic energy flew right to Hurukai.  But it didn't hit.

A barrier?

"My turn, half breed!"  The demon swung his claws out, and Inuyasha barely dodged it with Tessaiga.  While Inuyasha was trying to push away the demons hand, Hurukai brought down his other arm and swiped Inuyasha in the side.

Inuyasha yelled, and skidded backwards on the ground.  "Bastard!" He yelled.  Slowly his Tessaiga turned red, transforming into his red Tessaiga.  "I'll break you're barrier for good!"  He jumped up, charging back at Hurukai.

Inuyasha was able to cut through the barrier, but Hurukai dodged Inuyasha's attack with incredible speed.  "Hmph. Such Impudence."  He growled.  "Now die, half demon!" Hurukai charged at Inuyasha before he could move away, and cut him deep into his back.

Inuyasha fell,  landing face-first on the ground and slipping in and out of conciousness.  "Damn it," He growled, and Inuyasha slowly got back up.  "Looks like you'll be more of a challenge than I thought,"

"Hmph.  So you're still alive, half breed?"  Hurukai observed.

"Damn right!  Like I'm going to go down so easily!"  Inuyasha yelled.  He cringed from his injuries, but used his Tessaiga to support himself to stand up.

"This should finish you off,"  Hurukai started to charge a beam of power, just like yesterday.  " I'm going to use that demonic energy of yours,"

"What?" Inuyasha said.  Just then Tessaiga transformed back to a dull old sword, and Hurukai's power beam became more bigger and powerful.  "Damn it! He took Tessaiga's demonic energy!" That means.. I can't use the Backlash Wave to send back his power beam!

"Inuyasha!"

A sacred arrow buried itself deep into hurukai's side, and made him stop his charge beam.  Tessaiga's demonic energy returned at the same instant.

Inuyasha turned around quickly.  "Kagome!"

Kagome was standing there, out of breathe from running back to help Inuyasha, still in the position of releasing her arrow.

"Ahh, so there you are wench." Hurukai stated.

"Kagome! What the hell are you doing! I told you to go and hide and take care of Lady Kaede!" Inuyasha protested.

"Miroku and Sango came back.  They are watching over Lady Kaede and their kids." Kagome replied, not taking her eyes off of Hurukai.  "Once they finish helping Kaede, they will come here to help us.  Shippo is also back from training.  Kaede is explaining everything to him." Kagome looked at Inuyasha since the first time she got there.  "You said you would protect me Inuyasha, so, I will protect you too!"

"Kagome.." Inuyasha whispered.

"How discusting.  A mortal priestess and a half demon fighting together.  Makes me sick. "  Hurukai spat.

Inuyasha turned back to the Demon and growled.  "I don't want to hear another word.  Wind Scar!"

"Go!" Kagome shot another arrow, and it combined with Inuyasha's Wind Scar like it had done so many times on their old ourney to defeat Naraku.

"I don't think so."  Hurukai's eyes turned bright red, and another barrier formed.

"Damn! That demon put up another barrier!" Inuyasha said.  The Wind Scar completely disappeared, but Kagome's arrow hit the barrier, and went straight through to hit Hurukai in the chest.

Kagome can break through barriers now?  Inuyasha thought.

"Curse you, priestess.  I will kill you."  Hurukai said, after the arrow disapeared from his chest and left a big wound in it's presence.

"Oh no," Kagome whispered in fear.

Inuyasha jumped infront of Kagome and stuck his arm out infront of her.  "Over my dead body."

Inuyasha..

"Well, that can be arranged!"  Hurukai chuckled.

Suddenly Sango's weapon, Hiraikotsu, flailed past them and skimmed the ground infront of Hurukai, startling him.  Kagome and Inuyasha turned around and saw Sango and Miroku on Kirara, with Sango grabbing here Hiraikots as it came back to her.

"Inuyasha, Kagome, are you two alright?" Miroku asked, getting off of Kirara as they hit the earth next to Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Yes, we're fine." Kagome said, relieved.

Everyone turned back to Hurukai.

"How will we defeat this demon?" Kagome wondered aloud.

"If I had my wind tunnel I could suck him up, but it's long gone now." Miroku stated.

"Damn it, that isn't helpful thinking Miroku!"  Inuyasha yelled, hetting Miroku on the back of the head.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome protested.

"Die!"  Hurkai's beam charged at them.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, picking her up and moving out of the way.  Sango and Miroku jumped onto Kirara and dodged it, too.

Inuyasha landed a few yards away.

Damn, what are we going to do?

End Notes:
Chapter 3!  Reviews are welcome, and If you like, comment!  If you don't, tell me why. :)
Chapter 4 by Ryrirzuar

"Inuyasha! Watch it!"  Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha clenched his fist and growled.  "Kagome!  You watch out!  I'm trying to protect you here and your in the way!"

"I'd definetly tell you to-"  Inuyasha flinched.  Kagome sighed.  "That was close."  Kagome turned back to Miroku and Sango on Kirara.  Then she looked at Hurukai.  That's it!

"Miroku!" She yelled.

"What is it Kagome?"

"I need you to--watch out!"  Kagome yelled in warning.

Kirara dodged another bolt from Hurukai, and landed next to Kagome.

"Miroku, do you have a demon paralyzing sutra?"  Kagome asked quickly.  Sango watched Hurukai as Miroku nodded and pulled out a certain one.

"What will this be used for?"  Miroku asked.

"I've got an idea.  Inuyasha?"  Kagome asked.  Inuyasha was a few feet away but he didn't move.

"I'm listening."  He said.

"Okay, this is what we are going to do.."  Kagome started. 

---------------------------------

"...Got it?"  She finished.  Everyone nodded, and they set the plan into motion.

"Hey, jackass?"  Inuyasha taunted from far away.  "You want Kagome?  Come kill me first!"

"I will not be taunted with such disrespectful sayings!"  Hurukai yelled.  He  sent a quick charge beam at him, and Inuyasha continued to distract him as Sango took Kagome on Kirara and hid in the trees behind Hurukai, seeming to be running. 

Kagome jumped off Kirara, and tied the sutra around her arrow.  I can cut through his barrier, so I'll paralyz him and have Inuyasha finish him off with Adamant Barrage or the Wind Scar once his barrier is down.

Kagome took position behind a tree, and strongly positioned her arrow for Hurukai's back.  She waited a little bit longer, hoping to get a better element of surprise after Inuyasha and Miroku distracted the demon for awhile.

"Sacred Sutras!"  Miroku jumped into the air, pulling out his sacred sutras and throwing them at Hurukai's barrier.   It barely made it shimmer.

Now!

Kagome shot her arrow and sacred light radiated from her arrow so brightly she had to close her eyes for a minute.  The arrow went right through Hurukai's barrier.

"What?"  He said, surprisingly.  Kagome's sacred arrow went right into his back, and Hurukai howled in agony.  He fell to the earth, making the ground rattle.  His barrier faded, and he couldn't put another up because his mind was also paralyzed.

"Now Inuyasha!"  Kagome ordered.

"Right!  I'm on it!  Wind Scar!"  Inuyasha replied.  Inuyasha's Wind Scar made direct contact with Hurukai, and the demon's eyes stopped glowing, and his demonic aura dispersed.

--------------------------------------

"We did it!"  Kagome yelled.  Inuyasha was smirking while putting away his Tessaiga;  Miroku and Sango landed beside him.

Kagome passed Hurukai's body, but suddenly he moved, his eyes glowed again, and his claws moved back to strike her.

"Kagome!"  Inuyasha yelled desperatly.

But it was too late.

Kagome fell to the ground,  the right side of her stomach staining her kimono dark red.  Her eyes were clouded over, and her hair was the only thing that moved in the mid-summer breeze.

"At least I could kill the priestess before I died..."  Hurukai growled.

Inuyasha's eyes were as wide as an owl's.  "You-You bastard!"  Inuyasha pulled out Tessaiga swiftly, and raised it above his head.  "Wind Scar!"  Hurukai's body completely disapeared, and Inuyasha dropped to the ground, running over to Kagome, leaving his sword sticking out of the ground a few feet away.

"Kagome? Kagome!  Damn it Kagome, open your eyes! Come on!"  Inuyasha craddled Kagome in his arms, not caring for how stained his kimono was getting.

"Lady Kagome!"  Miroku said, running up to him.

"Inuyasha, we have to get her back to where Lady Kaede is, fast!"  Sango said quickly.  "Put her on Kirara!"

Inuyasha just nodded silently, and swept her into his arms and set her on Kilala.  "Kilala, take us to Lady Kaede, and quickly!"  Sango yelled, jumping onto Kirara.  They flew away, so fast they were gone in a heart beat.

"We'd better follow suit, Inuyasha."  Miroku complied.

Inuyasha ran and grabbed Tessaiga out of the ground, and took off after Sango, with Miroku trailing behind.

Kagome!  You better not die on me!

End Notes:
Chapter 4~ Reviews, comments, and suggestions are welcome!  If you like it, comment, If you dont, please tell me why. :)
Chapter 5 by Ryrirzuar

When Inuyasha and Miroku got back to Kaede, they saw Sango sitting outside in her kimono with Kilala.

"How is she?" Inuyasha asked nervously.

Sango looked up at them. "She's holding on... Kaede is patching her up now. Wait! Don't go in there, Inuyasha! You'll--"

Inuyasha was shocked by a barrier, and he fell backwards, twitching.

Sango sighed. "Kaede put up a barrier to keep out any demonic auras that might try to posses Kagome while she's in this state. Just in case any demon was in a pact with Hurukai."

"Now you tell me?" Inuyasha yelled. "Damn! I need in there, Sango! Old hag! Take down this barrier and let me come in!"

"Stop Inuyasha! Kaede needs all the room she needs to save Kagome, and she doesn't want anyone getting in the way!" Miroku commanded.

"Damn!" Inuyasha stomped his foot on the ground.

"Look, the only thing we can do is help Lady Kaede when she needs things, or we wait until she is finished." Miroku sat down next to Sango and sighed.

Sango looked up at Inuyasha from the ground. "Miroku's right. There is no need to go raging around. The best thing we can do for Kaede and Kagome is wait!"

Inuyasha growled. "Kagome is hurt in there, maybe even--" ..dead.. Inuyasha shook his head fiercely. "Whatever! I'm not going to sit around while Kagome is-i-is..." Inuyasha took of, heading to the forest.

"Now where is he going?" Sango muttered.

"Probably to find anything that could help Kagome or kill avery demon in sight." Miroku replied, his eyes narrowing in annoyance. They both sighed in inusion.

"Hey! Sango, Miroku!"

They both looked up. "Shippo!" Shippo was transformed into his pink blimp, so he poofed back to his original self and landed infront of them.

"Did you take our kids to a safe place?" Sango asked quickly.

"Absolutely!" Shippo nodded. "You might want to go to them now, Sango."

Sango nodded, and grabbed her weapon resting next to her. "Kilala!" Kilala transformed, and they took off.

"Aren't you going to, Miroku?" Shippo asked after Sango disappeared from sight.

"No, I think I should help out here," He answered.

Shippo's eyes teared up a little bit. "Will Kagome be okay?"

Miroku put on a reasuring smile. "Yes Shippo, she'll be okay."

Shippo sat down next to Miroku, and they waited. A few minutes later, Shippo asked where Inuyasha was.

"He's either out killing demons in the area, or he is trying to find something to help Kagome," Miroku replied.

"That Inuyasha is such an idiot! The least he could do is stay here and wait for Kagome to wake up!"

"I don't know, Shippo. Inuyasha is going through something really tough right now. It's only been a month since Kagome has returned. He probably--" Miroku flinched suddenly and started to sweat.

"What is it Miroku?" Shippo asked.

"What if Kouga finds out?" Miroku sighed.

"Well he wouldn't care, would he? He's married to Ayame." Shippo protested.

"I'm sure Kouga still loves Kagome on the inside." Miroku added. "Oh brother. News spreads fast too... This will be a mess if he finds out." Miroku scratched his head and had a silly thinking-face on.

---------------------------------------

It was about an hour before Inuyasha came back.

"What happened to you?" Shippo asked, eyes wide.

Inuyasha's nuckles were bleeding. The stain from Kagome's blood on his right sleeve was gone, but it was all saggy and wet.

Which ment Inuyasha must have tried to clean it off, Miroku thought. But by his expression, he can still smell it.

He was also brething heavily, which also ment he was either fighting or running a long distance even for Inuyasha. "Shut up." Inuyasha hit Shippo in the head, causing a bump to rise.

"What did you do that for?! I was concered about you, okay? Why do have to be such a-" Shippo started to yell at him, but then Kaede walked out and the barrier disaperated.

She looked tired, by how messed up her hair was. Her Kimono front was deeply stained, with wrinkles from where the blood had dried.

Kagome's blood. Inuyasha thought.

"Inuyasha, I have done all that I can. She is still alive, and I cleaned everything up. You can go in now." Kaede motioned to the doorway, and Inuyasha nodded. She walked away with Miroku and Shippo, wanting to give him privacy.

He slowly walked in, and saw Kagome lying on the floor in the back. He walked over to her sleeping body, with his face impassive. He slowly sat down on the floor, and just stared at Kagome.

Kagome..

A single tear dropped onto the wooden floor, yet his eyes were covered by shadows.

"I'm so sorry Kagome! I-I didn't protect you like I promised... You got hurt in the end!" He saw images flashed through his mind. Kagome's smile right before they met Hurukai, her by the fire, her eyes glowing red witht the flames. Even when Kagome told him to sit. Kagome's kindness, when she'd returned; how happy he'd been. Hundreds of images flashed in his mind.

This is all my fault...

"Damn it Kagome! Don't you die on me!" Inuyasha thrashed his head, staring at Kagome's face. She was breathing shallowly, and she was shivering.

Kagome...

He reached for her hand, and held it gently.

Don't leave me.

End Notes:
Reviews are welcome. ^^  Comment if you like it! If you don't, please tell me why. :)
Chapter 6 by Ryrirzuar

It had been three weeks since Kagome was hurt by Hurukai. She has been sleeping this entire time, but she had been getting better everyday, until two days ago. Now, her condition stayed the same. And everyone was getting worried. Inuyasha was gathering firewood when he smelled an all too-familiar stench.

"Hey mutt face, how's it going?"

Inuyasha growled and turned around. "Well, if it isn't flea bag."

Koga punched Inuyasha in the head. "Shut up mutt. Now, I have been patroling lately and I heard that a certain priestess was back. That would be Kagome, I presume?"

"Like I'd tell you!" Inuyasha yelled.

Koga punched him again, and dodged a swipe of Inuyasha's claws. "The closer I got, the faster I heard another rumor." Koga got into Inuyasha's face and scowled. "A rumor that the priestess was killed by a demon named Hurukai!"

Inuyasha growled. "Stay out if this, wolf! You're already married, aren't you? So you shouldn't feel anything for Kagome anymore!" He threw a log at Koga, who dodged it with ease.

"You idiot! I never stopped loving Kagome! Just because I care for Ayame doen't mean I need to stop caring for Kagome." Koga narrowed his eyes and frowned at Inuyasha. "I'm sure you would understand, since you were two-timing Kagome with that other priestess-"

"Shut up!" Inuyasha roared. He dropped the gathered firewood and charged at Koga, throwing attacks and dodging kicks from Koga.

Koga jumped a few feet away, and stared at Inuyasha. "How could you let something like that happen to her? I knew I should have waited; I should have claimed Kagome for my own! Yeah, I know what happened! Hurukai slashed her side clean open!""

"Why you..." Inuyasha muttered.

Koga folded his arms and turned his head away. "Hmph. I should have known you couldn't protect her." He turned around, and ran with a pack of wolves that appeared, back in the direction he came from.

"Are you running away?" Inuyasha yelled after him.

"As if. I'm going to keep listening in on any news. If I hear anything about Kagome being dead, I'll kill ya!" Koga faded in the distance, leaving quickly even without the sacred jewel chards in his legs from those years ago.

Must've gotten used to it by now, the flea bag... Inuyasha's facial expression faltered, and he sighed and picked up the firewood.

Kagome...

--------------------------------------------------------

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha woke with a start, and remebered he had fallen asleep outside the hut where Kagome was. He had been dreaming about Kagome again, these past three weeks since she became hurt.

Inuyasha decided to check in on her, and silently stood up and walked inside. Lady Kaede was asleep near Kagome, with her bow and arrows not far away. Inuyasha turned to Kagome, who was asleep on her back. She looked the same she's been for weeks now.

How much longer will it be until she wakes up? ... Will she even wake up at all?

---------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Miroku were hunting down a demon the next day. It was plaging a village a little ways away from the village Kagome was resting at. Inuyasha didn't want to leave Kagome, but Miroku needed help. And Sango stayed with Kagome, she was watching out for her with Kilala, Shippo, and Lady Kaede. Sango had asked Kohaku to take care of her and Miroku's kids for awhile at Totosai's home. It was the safest place for them. Sango would send Kilala to help once in awhile; and bring back news that they were doing okay.

Inuyasha was standing by a small hut with Tessaiga on his shoulder, waiting for the demon to appear.

"Hey Miroku! Hurry it up over there!" Inuyasha called.

"Just be patient, Inuyasha."

"Keh," Inuyasha replied, looking away.

Suddenly a demon exited the hut, writhering in pain. It tried to escape, but stopped when it saw the humans. It roared and charged after them.

"Now Inuyasha!" Miroku ordered.

"Heh. So this is what you look like, demon?" Inuyasha swung his sword back. "Wind Scar!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Shippo sighed. "Sango, Kaede?"

"What is it, Shippo?" They both asked. They were inside the hut Kagome was in, staying cozy by the fire. Sango was changed into her Demon slaying uniform, and her weapon was resting on the wall behind her.

Shippo looked over to Kagome. "When is Kagome going to wake up?"

"Were aren't sure yet, Shippo. Anytime, really." Sango replied.

"Ye need to be patient, child." Lady Kaede added.

Shippo sighed and looked back at the fire.

Suddenly, Kagome stirred, and Kaede gasped slightly in surprise. She walked over to Kagome, and sat on her knees next to Kagome.

Kagome stirred again, and moaned silently. Kaede's eyes widened. "Shippo."

Shippo winced. "What is it?"

"It be wise if ye went to get Inuyasha, now." Lady Kaede put extra emphasis.

"Take Kilala," Sango said.

Shippo nodded and ran outside, waiting for Kilala to transform to jump onto her back. They soared into the air, going to find Inuyasha and Miroku.

End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  Comment if you like it.  If you dont like, please tell me why. :)
Chapter 7 by Ryrirzuar

"Nice job, Inuyasha." Miroku said, walking up to him.

"Whatever."

"Thank you so much for your help travelers; please except these rice barrels as payment," the head villager replied.

Inuyasha was following Miroku out the entrance. Miroku riding on a small cart pulled by horses carrying goodies from the village. "You're such a poser," Inuyasha grumbled. "I was the only one who did actual work."

"My dear Inuyasha, I have to get money and food for my growing family," Miroku replied a little too happily.

Inuyasha sighed and started to think about Kagome again. He was eager to get back to make sure she was okay.

"Inuyasha!"

Is that...?

"Shippo? Kilala?" Miroku called out. Kilala landed on the ground and Shippo jumped off.

"What is it?" Inuyasha asked quickly.

"Inuyasha, you have to hurry! It's Kagome!"

Kagome!

Inuyasha took off without a second hesitation, and ran as fast as he could back to Lady Kaede's village.

--------------------------------------------------

It was nighttime by the time Inuyasha got back to the village. Inuyasha ran straight to the hut Kagome was sleeping in, and rushed inside.

Kagome wasn't there. Just Lady Kaede.

"W-Where's..?"

"She went off to the cliff, Inuyasha. She's waiting for you," Kaede replied.

Inuyasha nodded and quickly went after her.

---------------------------------------------------

The stars sure are pretty, Kagome thought peacefully. There was a slight breeze, and it made her hair fly around, and the moon shone with brilliance. the light was so bright it reflected off her skin, and you could see the moon in her eyes. She was a little bit sore from her wound, and she needed a little support from her bow.

I hope Inuyasha comes... He must have been so worried..

"Huh?" Kagome turned around.

---------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was almost there, he could smell her scent. He desperatly wanted to see her; he missed Kagome so much. It had been weeks since she'd done anything except sleep. He misssed her voice, her smile, her eyes, everything.

He jumped high over the trees, and he saw Kagome, looking out to the rising moon. She was standing up, using her bow for support. She was smiling, with the moon shining on her face. The wind rustled her kimono and her hair.

"Kagome."

She turned her head towards him and looked at him. "Inuyasha..." She murmered. Kagome was so happy to see him, it seemed like a shock.

Inuyasha landed a few feet away from her, and he just stood there, looking at her. "Kago.." Kagome gasped surprisingly. Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's Kimono and pulled her into an embrace. He hugged her tightly, and Kagome wrapped her arms around his back. Inuyasha laid his hand on her head, and pressed his cheek up against her head. Kagome's bow dropped to the ground softly.

"You're okay..." Inuyasha said, his voice hoarse. You couldn't see his eyes, they were covered by shadow and hair. "I'm so sorry Kagome!"

Kagome's eyes widened over his shoulder. "Inuyasha, It's okay, I'm alright. I'm all better now." Kagome's balance was still a bit wobbly, so she tripped and closed her eyes, waiting for the impact of earth.

But it didn't come.

She opened her eyes to be in Inuyasha's lap, and her head under his chin.

"I thought I lost you."

Kagome's mouth was agape from surprise, but she shut it quickly.

"Y-You're not hurting, are you?" Inuyasha asked, his face still hidden. He had his arms wrapped around her, and she was cloacked in his warmth and care.

"Inuyasha, I'm okay. Still a little wobbly, but.." Kagome trailed off, because Inuyasha finally showed his face to her.

Inuyasha had tears in his eyes-tears-Kagome had seen him cry over Kikyo, but.. not her. "I..I didn't protect you like I promised. You got hurt because of me, got hurt trying to protect me. I let you get hurt, almost killed! This is all my fault! I almost lost you!" Inuyasha shaked his head fiercly, and tears trickled down his face.

"Inuyasha. Look at me." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha slowly looked down to her, looking into her lovely eyes. "Don't put the blame on yourself, Inuyasha. You did everything you could. You protected me, no doubt about it." Kagome said defiantly. "And besides..." She smiled and looked down. "I think you took care of me while I was resting, too. It's wierd, like I knew you were there..." she looked up at Inuyasha's wide eyes. "Inuyasha, I'm sorry I made you so worried."

"Stop. Don't you dare apoligize. None of it was your fault, none. Damn it, I never stopped worrying about you, Kagome! I thought about you day and night, and even dreamed about you." He bent over and his eyes were shadowed again. "I was so...scared. I thought you were going to die." He looked at her again.

"Inuyasha..."

"Kagome.." Inuyasha looked at Kagome very intensely, and he hugged her tighter and closer to him. They both lifted their heads and just stared. Slowly, their heads moved closer and closer together.

Wait. Kagome thought. Are we going to..?

Inuyasha kissed her sweetly, and his tears finally spilled over his cheeks and onto Kagome's face. They pulled away, and Kagome sat up.

Inuyasha hold her shoulders. "Are you okay Kagome?"

Kagome's response was she teared the end of her kimono sleeve. Inuyasha's ears moved at the sudden sound. Kagome used it as a cloth to wipe away Inuyasha's leftover tears. His eyes softened, and he looked into her eyes as she wiped them away.

Kagome smiled and dropped the cloth. "There. All better now," She laughed a little and turned her head.

Inuyasha smiled just a little. Thank you Kagome

"Inuyasha pulled her back into his lap, and Kagome rested her back against his chest and they looked at the stars together."

They stayed like that, until they both got sleepy and Inuyasha found a tree they could sleep in. Inuyasha used his robe as a blanket for Kagome, and she rested against him. They fell asleep with Inuyasha holding Kagome close to him.

End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  If you like it, comment!  If you don't like it, please, tell me why. :)
Chapter 8 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome woke, and her eyes slowly opened. She had her head against Inuyasha's chest, and her hand resting on his heart. Inuyasha's robe of the fire rat was covering her torso, which kept her warm from the morning chill. She looked up at him. Kagome rarely saw Inuyasha sleep so soundly; his arms were still wrapped tightly around her body. Kagome smiled and closed her eyes, laying her head back on his chest. A gentle breaze was blowing, and it rustled their hair. Diffrent strands intertwined and blowed together, one of Kagome's and one of Inuyasha's.

I'm so happy I'm back.

Kagome slowly sat up, and surprisingly didn't wake Inuyasha. Her kimono wasn't enough to protect her from the chill, and she shivered. Kagome smiled and blushed.

Who knew trees could be so comfortable to sleep in.

Kagome gently touched her side, barely feeling the bandaged edges wrapped around her stomach under her kimono. She winced; she was still pretty sore. She removed her hand from her side and sighed. Another breeze emerged, and blossoms fell from the tree limbs above them.

It's so peaceful... Kagome thought, looking up.

Just then, Inuyasha stirred. His eyes slowly opened, and he blinked a few times, and his ears wiggled.

Kagome laughed. "Good morning, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha sat up, and looked at Kagome with a worried expression. "Are you okay, Kagome? Did you sleep okay?"

Kagome nodded and smiled. "Yes, I slept fine, thank you."

Inuyasha blushed and turned his head away. "Keh. Quit saying thanks already, would ya?"

Kagome smiled again and looked out over the forest, watching the sunrise.

Inuyasha turned back to look at Kagome.

"Oh yes, here." Kagome said, giving Inuyasha back his top half of his kimono.

Inuyasha took it and put it over Kagome's shoulders. "Wear it. It's cold out in the morning."

Kagome's eyes widened in surprise, but then they softened. "Thanks." She said quietly.

Inuyasha blushed lightly and scooted closer to her, putting an arm around her waist.

He didn't say anything about me saying thank you, Kagome thought.

She winced, and Inuyasha put his arms around her shoulders. "What's wrong Kagome? Is it your wound?" Inuyasha tried to get her to look at him, but her head stayed down. "Kagome?"

She slowly pulled her head up. "It's nothing; my wound is just sore."

"To hell with that! Let's get you back to Lady Kaede's so she can treat it again," Inuyasha argued.

Before Kagome could say anything, Inuyasha gently picked her up and jumped from the tree. They landed lightly on the ground. Kagome tried to stand but she didn't have enough strength to.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha put her in his arms again. "How in the hell did you walk all the way here if you can barely walk now?"

"Will power." Kagome replied.

"Whatever. Let's get you back," Inuyasha said.

Inuyasha stood up and held Kagome gently, and took off at a run.

"Inuyasha, I'm fine, really." Kagome protested weakly. "I can walk."

"Don't be stupid, we need to get you back quickly. Your wound needs to be treated again," Inuyasha argued.

Kagome sighed. "Alright."

End Notes:
Reviews are welcome!  If you like it, please comment!  If you don't, tell me why~! :)
Chapter 9 by Ryrirzuar

"Here ye are, child." Kaede put the last of the herbs on Kagome's festered injury, and rewrapped it in fresh bandages.

"Thank you Kaede. It feels a lot better," Kagome commented, and closed her eyes in relief.

It really had been hurting Kagome, more than she would have liked to admit. Inuyasha was sitting against the wall, with Miroku, Sango, and Shippo not far away.

"I'm glad to see you feeling better, Lady Kagome." Miroku said, smiling.

"Yes, it's good to see you up again," Sango added, cleaning her weapon, Hiraikotsu.

Shippo walked up to Kagome's side. "Kagome?"

Kagome opened her eyes and looked over at him. "Yes? What is it Shippo?" She replied, putting her kimono back down over her side.

Shippo teared up a little bit. "I'm glad you didn't die. I'm glad your okay!"

Kagome smiled and picked him up gently. "I'm glad too, Shippo." She hugged him quickly, and put him back down.

"Keh. Quit with the mushy stuff already!" Inuyasha said.

Kagome sighed, putting Shippo back down. "Inuyasha?" she asked, looking over at him.

Inuyasha lifted his head and lazily looked at her. "What?"

"Could you hand me my bow and arrows?" she asked, getting up.

Inuyasha nodded and stood up, grabbed them, and walked over to Kagome. "Here."

"Thanks," Kagome said.

Inuyasha nodded and looked at her. "What do you need them for?"

"Oh, I wanted to try something," Kagome said, starting to slowly walk outside.

"Ye really shouldn't be moving, Kagome." Lady Kaede protested.

"It'll only take a second," Kagome replied. She stepped past Inuyasha, who didn't hesitate to follow her.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha asked, following her away from the hut.

Kagome walked to a nearby tree, and put her arrows over her shoulder. "You'll see."

"Keh." Inuyasha stepped next to her, watching her.

Kagome aimed for another tree at least a mile away, with a knot in the middle of the trunk.

"I'll hit the mark," Kagome replied, determined.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Miroku replied, comimg out of Lady Kaede's hut with Sango and everyone else trailing behind.

"I want to see if.." Kagome's voice wandered away, and she grabbed an arrow and aimed her bow straight for it. IT took a minute for Kagome to release her arrow, but once she did, it sailed straight to the tree a mile away.

"It's going to hit the knot in the bark!" Shippo exclaimed excitedly.

And just like that, it sailed straight to the mark, and it hit with a thud.

Kagome smiled. "Alright!"

"What were you trying to prove, Kagome?" Sango asked, puzzled.

"I was seeing if my aim was still wobbly," Kagome replied, putting her bow over her shoulder.

"Why would you need to do that?" Inuyasha barked.

"Other demons are still out there right? They could come soon, and I need to make sure my skills aren't decreased from my injury."

"Kagome, ye should go rest now. It's not good to stress your wound so much," Kaede remarked.

Kagome nodded and slowly walked back towards the hut.

Inuyasha's ears moved forward. "Look out Kagome!" He grabbed her and moved her out of the way just in time, from Koga coming at her for a hug.

Inuyasha landed by Miroku and Sango, and set Kagome down gently.

Koga smiled. "Yo."

"Koga? Is that you? It's been so long since I've-" Kagome winced, and held her side.

"Huh? What is it Kagome?" Inuyasha asked worredly. He froze and sniffed the air.

<i>Blood</i>

"Kagome your wound reopened!" Shippo yelled.

Kagome opened her right eye, and kneeled down to the ground.

Koga was there in an instant. "Kagome! He put a hand on her side, and removed it to have it stained on his fingertips with Kagome's blood." He growled and slashed out at Inuyasha, who barely dodged the blow.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha yelled.

"You <i>bastard</i>! How could you do this to her? So it <i>was</i> true! That demon did hurt her!" Koga yelled and slashed out again, and kept sending blows, slamming his fist into the ground when he missed Inuyasha.

"Damn! Calm down you mangy wolf! You--Keh?!?"

Inuyasha landed on the ground to see Koga next to Kagome, picking her up.

Kagome's eyes were wide. "K-Koga?" She was still in pain, so she couldn't say much. "W-What're you--" She stopped in mid scentence.

Koga kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, Kagome. I should have never gave up on you. I still love you, Kagome!" He moved in to kiss her lips, with Kagome trying to turn her head away.

Inuyasha didn't say anything. He just jumped at Koga who slowly put Kagome down and dodged his blow. "How <i>dare</i> you do that to Kagome! Don't ever do that again!" He was growling fiercly, standing in front of Kagome protectively. "I'll kill ya!"

"I-Inuyasha..." Kagome said weakly.

Inuyasha stopped and turned around quickly. "Kagome?"

Kagome's wound bled even more, and she fell to her knees.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha and Koga both yelled together.

Kaede ran out from the hut bringing more bandages. "We can't carry her inside; it would make her bleed more," Kaede lifted Kagome's blood-stained kimono and cleaned her wound and rewrapped it.

"Sorry Kaede," Kagome replied weakly.

"No need to apoligize, child. You should have just listened--"

Koga slowly picked Kagome up.

"Koga!" Kagome yelled the same time Inuyasha clenched his fists.

"Put. Her. Down." Inuyasha growled.

Koga didn't listen and he just walked back into the hut with her. Inuyasha ran after him, growling and about to kill Koga.

<i>How dare he do that to Kagome!</i>

Kagome was being set down and Koga turned back to Inuyasha. "Now mutt face, what is it you wanted?" He said, smirking.

"You-you-" Inuyasha remembered Koga kissing Kagome's head, and fury errupted in his body.

Kagome saw Inuyasha's expression, and flinched. "Inuyasha..."

Inuyasha looked over at her, and walked to her. "What is it Kagome?" He asked worredly. Koga turned back to look at them.

She didn't say anything but Inuyasha could tell in Kagome's eyes she didn't want them to fight, just for him to leave. Inuyasha slowly nodded and stood up. He landed a punch and knocked Koga out the door, with Kagome gasping in surprise.

Koga fell out the door, almost running into the entering Miroku and Sango.

"Watch it!" Shippo yelled angrily.

Inuyasha lifted his fist to the rising Koga. "<i>That</i> was for what you did to Kagome,"

Koga stood. "Heh. Jealous?"

"As if!"

Koga looked back into the hut, with Kagome inside. "I'll be back soon, Kagome! Stay safe! Have the others protect you; not mutt face though, he can't protect anything!"

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled.

Koga took off and ran.

"Damn him to hell," Inuyasha muttered.

Miroku sighed. "Me and Sango will stay guard outside. I can feel a mass of demonic aura coming and surrounding this area."

"Yeah, I felt it too!" Shippo added. "I'll help!"

"As will I," Lady Kaede said, they went off a little ways, and Kaede set up a barrier with Miroku, while Shippo, Kilala, and Sango whet around the area scouting. Inuyasha walked back to the hut Kagome was in.

"Kagome?" He asked, entering the hut.

Kagome was sitting there, lighting a fire. "Well wasn't that a surprising visit?"

Inuyasha growled. "I can't belive he kissed you..."

Kagome turned her head to look at him, and stared.

"What?"

Kagome shook her head and wrapped a blanket around her shoulders, because It was starting to get unaturally cold. Inuyasha slumped his shoulders and walked over to her, and sat next to her.

Miroku walked in. "Inuyasha, a demon is making it freezing around here, hoping to get Kagome sick and her guard down. We put up a barrier and nothing will get in, but it will get unnaturally colder." Miroku brought in more heavier, bigger blankets. "Make sure Kagome stays warm."

Inuyasha nodded and set the blankets close to the fire, to warm them up.

Kagome was already shivering, so she laid down, with Inuyasha putting the warm blankets over her body. Inuyasha walked back over to the opposite wall, and sat down, crossing his legs and resting Tessaiga against his shoulder.

End Notes:
Chapter 9, everyone!  Reviews are welcome too!  If you like it, please comment.  If you don't, please, tell me why. :)
Chapter 10 by Ryrirzuar

"Are you alright Kagome?" Inuyasha asked worredly.

The temperature had dropped dramatically; Kagome was shivering so violently, the sheets were rumbling. "F-Fine," she barely murmered.

Inuyasha growled in frustration and walked outside. "Hey Miroku! Damnit, has Sango found the demon yet?"

Miroku was covered in a few blankets of his own; he was sitting next to a fire and had his eyes closed, focused on keeping up the barrier. "No, not yet." He looked over at Inuyasha. "We have to wait; there is nothing else we can do. We have to wait to see if Sango and Shippo find the demon causing this chill," He explained.

"Damn it, Miroku! Kagome won't last much longer!" Inuyasha growled.

Miroku sighed. "I know that." His faced turned serious. "You're going to have to find another way to keep her warm," He replied.

"Damn it.." Inuyasha turned back around and re-entered the hut.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, walking over to her and sitting next to her.

"Hm?"

"Is there anyway I can help you stay warm?"

Well, there is one way but... You would never want to, and it's stupid. Kagome thought.

"N-N-No, I don't t-think s-so," Kagome whispered weakly. "I-I'll be okay," She tried to reasure him.

"Yeah right. I can see how cold you are, Kagome!" Inuyasha argued, his eyes covered with shadows.

Kagome tried to fall asleep, but she couldn't with how cold she was. "Inuyasha?"

"What is it?" He asked.

"Are you still mad at Koga?"

"Of course I am! He kissed you, Kagome!" He leaned forward, and yelled down to her face. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed and he slowly pulled away. "Don't tell me... You're not mad at him?"

"I'm not mad just.. Weirded out. After all, he is married," Kagome explained. "I don't feel the same way about him, okay?"

"Keh. I didn't ask! I bet you still..."

Kagome sighed and buried her face in the covers.

Does he still not trust me? She wondered sadly.

Inuyasha saw Kagome's expression and relaxed his face and slumped his shoulders in silent defeat.

Kagome turned away and laid on her side away from Inuyasha.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha reached out with his hand to grab her shoulder. He stopped.

The scent of salt water?

Kagome shed a single tear, her eyes covered by her hair.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, slowly reaching for her shoulder again.

"Why don't you trust me?" Kagome asked quietly, her back still facing Inuyasha.

Inuyasha made a huh noise, and lifted his eyebrow. He pulled his hand away and folded his arms again. "What are you talking about? Quit being stupid; of course I trust you."

"Then why do you think I'm taking Koga's side? Inuyasha, you're so oblivious."

"What do you mean oblivious?!" Inuyasha yelled.

Kagome got up quickly, her eyes still covered by her hair. Suddenly she turned her head quickly. She was frowning; tears were in her eyes. Kagome was still shaking from the cold. "I only love you, Inuyasha!" She yelled angrily. "Don't you know that yet?!"

Inuyasha pulled back in surprise, and slowly frowned. "Kagome..."

Kagome turned away. "Just forget it. I'm going to go find somewhere else to sleep."

Inuyasha grabbed her arm, and pulled Kagome into his lap, and hugged her tightly.

"Inuyasha?" She murmered in surprise.

His responce was just hugging her tighter, and Kagome gave in and wrapped her arms around his waist in defeat.

"I'm sorry, Kagome."

Kagome held her breath.

"I hated the way he kissed your forehead, I got angry."

Not to mention jealous! Kagome thought.

"I don't want anyone else to have you Kagome; because..." He trailed off.

Kagome pulled away. "I'm sorry too."

They hugged again, and Inuyasha grabbed blankets to cover them both. He still sat up with Kagome laying against his chest, but Inuyasha put the blankets over Kagome.

Kagome started to feel her body again.

I-I'm getting better, Kagome thought surprisingly. A few minutes later, she stopped shivering.

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine. It's you I'm worried about. How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, resting his chin against Kagome's forehead.

"Better, actually. Y-You're warmth is making me feel better." Kagome explained embarisingly.

Kagome eventually fell asleep, with Inuyasha keeping watch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning came and slowly the temperature began to rise. Inuyasha noticed it and woke Kagome.

"Kagome?"

"What is it?" She yawned. She blushed when she remembered what happened the night before.

Inuyasha didn't seem to notice. "The temperature is rising,"

Inuyasha stood and help Kagome to her feet, and he picked Kagome up and started to head towards the door. Kagome was still sore from her injury, so Inuyasha gently out her down when they got outside.

They spotted Miroku releasing the barrier. "Ah Kagome. I'm glad to see that you're okay," He replied happily.

"Miroku!" Kagome exclaimed happily.

Sango then appeared with Shippo on her shoulder, with them riding Kilala.

"Nice to see you well, Kagome." Sango replied.

"Kagome!" Shippo yelled.

"Shippo!"

Kagome hugged him, with Inuyasha right behind her, protecting her from anything.

"We didn't find the demon. Strangely, his demonic aura disappeared in the middle of the forest." Sango explained.

"Wow Shippo, I'm impressed. You went to go help Sango look for the demon?" Kagome asked, surprised.

"Yep! Oh, don't worry Kagome! I'll protext you, unlike Inuyasha! He let you get hurt so easily.. He can't protect you!"

"What?" Inuyasha's eye twitched, and Inuyasha clenched his fist.

Inuyasha punched Shippo in the head, and knocked him to the ground with a thud. "Like you could do better! It's none of your business!"

"You didn't even say you were sorry!" Shippo yelled accusingly.

Inuyasha and Kagome both remmebered the night at the cliff, where he kissed her, and last night. They looked at each other, and Kagome's face turned red and Inuyasha blushed a little. They looked away quickly.

Inuyasha punched Shippo again, and picked him and stretche dhim by his tail. "I said I was sorry!" He said, still blushing; he was also growling.

"Shippo, you went a little too far this time," Kagome replied.

"Heh. Here that?" Inuyasha taunted happily.

"Inuyasha, don't over-do it." Kagome warned, and walked over to him. She looked up into his eyes, and he just dropped Shippo and stared back at Kagome.

Miroku and Sango had wide eyes and were looking back and forth between Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Sango, I'm starting to get the feeling we're missing something..." Miroku stated.

"Yeah.." Sango replied, her eyes still wide.

End Notes:
Chapter 10~!  I hope you guys are enjoying this! ^^  Reviews and comments please!  If you don't like it, please, tell me why! :)
Chapter 11 by Ryrirzuar

Miroku walked over too Inuyasha. "We'd better go look for the demon, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha nodded.

While Sango and Miroku got on Kilala, Kagome got on Inuyasha's back.

"Hey, Kagome." He put her down and turned around to look at her. "Are you sure you're okay to come?"

Kagome nodded. "Absolutely. You're guys aren't going to have all the fun." Kagome grabbed her quiver and put it over her shoulder confidently and smiled.

"Right.." Inuyasha kneeled and Kagome got onto his back.

"Ready?" Sango asked, coming up next to them on a flying Kilala.

"Where are ye going?"

Everyone turned backwards.

"Kaede!" Kagome exclaimed.

"I'm glad to see you're alright, child." Kaede said with relief.

"Were going to find the demon who was in pact with Hurukai and the one who made it so cold," Miroku explained.

"Ye be careful, now. That demon is about as powerful as Hurukai was." Lady Kaede looked up at Inuyasha. "Inuyasha, ye better protect Kagome; They want her now more than ever."

"Shippo, you stay here and help Kaede with mine and Miroku's family, alright?" Sango ordered.

Shippo nodded. "You can count on me!"

Inuyasha stood with Kagome on his back. "Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to her." He turned around and started to run, with Sango and Miroku trailing behind.

"So where should we start looking?" Inuyasha yelled to the others.

"Let's just follow the aura until it disapears; then we can try to find it from there." Sango replied.

"Right."

Kagome suddenly felt a tug at her body. W-What was that? She gasped.

Inuyasha felt her stiffen. "What is it Kagome?"

"I.." Kagome couldn't figure it out herself. "I just felt a tug on my soul." Kagome looked ahead of them. "The demon is definetly in this direction!"

The demon must have a wierd connection to Kagome from the way it tried to freeze her with it's demonic aura. Did Kagome's spiritual power accidently connected with this demon's demonic aura? Miroku wondered, looking at her.

Inuyasha's eyes widened quickly. "The aura's gone!" He put down Kagome, and looked around.

Sango and Miroku landed nearby.

"We better start to look around to see if we can find anything," Sango suggested. Inuyasha turned to Sango and Miroku, nodded and started to walk away.

Kagome shook her head and clenched her hand and put it over her chest. "No."

Inuyasha stopped and turned around. "Kagome?"

The feeling Kagome had earlier beated faster, and she felt like her very soul was being pulled. "I..It's like I can feel it." She looked up at the sky. "What did that thing do to me?" She whispered.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome, and growled. "I can't take this! We have to find the demon; I hate knowing it has a hold on Kagome!"

Miroku nodded. "Yes, I do too."

"Kagome, can you tell which direction the demon is?" Sango asked on Kilala.

Kagome closed her eyes. She felt like it was coming of the road and into the forest, to the left. "Left. Into the forest," She replied.

"Let's hurry," Miroku stated.

Kagome got back onto Inuyasha's back and they started to run again. They jumped to the left and through the trees.

Suddenly Inuyasha hit a solid wall, and fell backwards and half landed on Kagome.

"Are you alright?" Inuyasha asked, turning his head and getting up.

"Yeah."

"A barrier?" Sango wondered aloud.

"This must be it." Inuyasha pulled out Tessaiga and it turned red, turning into It's barrier-breaking form. "Tessaiga!"

He cut through the barrier like it was just air, and Inuyasha put his sword back into his sheath and grabbed Kagome and ran into the barrier before it could close. Miroku and Sango followed suit. As sson as they past through the barrier, the forest turned into a battlefield, with a castle beyond the bodies.

"Human corpses," Miroku said.

The force pulling Kagome was as strong as ever, and Kagome was slipping in and out of concesness. "I.. can't.. Inuyasha.." Inuyasha stopped.

Miroku and Sango stopped as well.

"What is it Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, peering over his shoulder.

"The demon is trying to pull out her soul..." Miroku explained. "If he can get that and evour her soul, he will posses her spiritual power." He jumped off of Kilala. "Put her down Inuyasha."

Inuyasha gently set Kagome down.

Miroku started to walk towards her, but Kagome suddenly got up. "Lady Kagome?" He asked.

You couldn't see her eyes; they were covered by shadow. She softly shook, but she grabbed her bow and loaded an arrow and aimed it straight for Miroku.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"W-What is happening to my body?" Kagome choked out. She slowly lifted her head to show her eyes starting to turn full blood red. "Run!"

Kagome fired and arrow, and it sailed past Miroku's face by an inch when he pulled away.

"No! Kagome!" Sango called out.

"Kagome! Miroku! What's going on?" Inuyasha yelled, not taking his eyes off Kagome, who was slowly reloading another arrow.

"It seems the demon is trying to posses Kagome."

They all stood there, not sure what to do. Kagome still had her arrow loaded, but then she aimed her arrow at Inuyasha.

"Wake up Kagome!" Sango yelled, and tried to go towards her on Kilala, but was pushed back. She hit Miroku, and they went flying a few feet away.

Miroku and Sango sat up. "Sango, your not hurt are you?" Miroku asked.

"No I'm fine." Sango replied. They stood up, with Kilala behind them.

"S-S-Sango. Miroku..." Kagome murmered. She still had her arrow facing Inuyasha, who didn't move.

"It seems Kagome is still fighting it," Miroku replied.

"Damn it Kagome, fight it!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Inu..yasha..." Kagome whispered. She released the arrow, which caught Inuyasha off gaurd. It sailed away from him, into the air and into the clouds.

Kagome purposely missed me! Inuyasha thought.

"Fight it Kagome!" Sango yelled encouraginly.

I can't just stand here and do nothing! Inuyasha growled.

"Get o-out of my h-head..." Kagome murmered, dropping her bow and quiver. She fell to her knees, and grabbed her head shakily.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, running towards her. He was pushed back by the barrier, and he skidded backwards after he landed upright and gained his balance.

Damn, the barrier is still up!

Kagome looked up and yelled in pain. Suddenly, a burst of radiant light appeared.

Kagome's scared power! Sango thought in awe.

Everyone had to look away, the light was so bright. When the light cleared, Kagome was leaning on her hands and on her knees. She was breathing heavily.

"She did it!" Miroku exclaimed.

Inuyasha ran up to her, but the barrier was still up.

Sango gasped. "Oh no, the barrier! It still hasn't dissolved!"

Kagome slowly looked up. "It won't let me out," She slowly grabbed her arrows and bow, putting them back on her shoulder.

Suddenly the barrier flew into the air carrying Kagome with it.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, extending her hand. The barrier was invisible, but they knew it was still there.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out. He jumped into the air after her. "Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" He hit the barrier hard, but he was pushed so violently back that he hit the ground with a crunch.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome called from the air. "Are you alright?"

Inuyasha stood up, and looked painfully back up at Kagome.

Suddenly she was pulled side ways, towards the castle.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out, running after her.

Kagome loaded an arrow, and released. It hit the barrier, and light radiated from the spot it hit. Instead, the force of Kagome's own power hit her full on, and she hit the other side of the barrier with a thud, and fell to the bottom of it, unconcious. The barrier was still moving, carrying the now-uncouncious Kagome.

"Sacred Sutras!" Miroku yelled, riding behind Sango on Kilala.

The sutras hit the barrier, but they disolved instantly.

"Oh no, even my sacred sutras didn't work on the barrier either!" Miroku said, frustrated.

Kagome disappeared over the castle, with Inuyasha running after her.

"Kagome!" He called. "Kagome!"

End Notes:
Chapter 11~!  You're welcome im submiting so much, haha.  Please spread the word about this fanfiction if you can. c:  Reviews = welcome; comment if you like it; and tell me if you don't and why. :)
Chapter 12 by Ryrirzuar

Where am I?

Kagome woke to be inside the castle. Kagome sat up, and screamed when she saw all the dead soldier bodies that were strewn across the ground.

A voice chuckled evily in the air. "Welcome to my nightmare home, priestess."

"Who's there?" Kagome called out. She looked for her bow and arrows, but they weren't anywhere near her. But she did see a bow and a full quiver of arrows next to a soldiers body.

She ran over to the body, and grabbed them. She nodded respectfully to the dead soldier. "I'll put these to good use, I promise!" She stood up and put the quiver over her shoulder, ready to draw out an arrow. She ran to the left, trying to find a way out.

Where's the exit? Kagome thought desperatly.

"It's useless to run." The voice cackled. "I shall have your spiritual powers soon enough. Oh dear, I forgot to introduce myself..."

Kagome kept running, but she saw a demon ahead and stopped. It was wearing a blue kimono, with and orange ribbon tying it together around the waist. It had blood stains on it.

"I see your looking at this filthy kimono," the demon stated. "I borrowed it from the headmaster here. Hence the blood." The demon had black hair, red eyes, with long, snake-like fingers. He was carrying two swords. One was red, one was black.

"My name Is Ryuri. Pleasure to make your--" Kagome shot an arrow and it hit him square in the chest and made a huge hole in the demon's body.

"Bullseye," Kagome murmered.

All Ryuri did was blink. "Oh dear," he said. "You really shouldn't have done that..." He quickly reformed, and Kagome stepped back a step.

Ryuri swung his two swords together and air blasted into Kagome, and she was sent tumbling. she came to a stop when she hit the wall, hard.

"I will eat you, my dear." Ryuri said lazily. "Prepare to die."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Damn it!" Inuyasha cursed swinging his sword into the air. It turned red, and it smashed through another barrier to the entrance to the castle.

Thats's the seventh barrier. I bet the demon is trying to slow us down... Miroku thought.

"Let's hurry!" Inuyasha yelled, taking off.

Kagome! Please, be alright!

End Notes:
Sorry it's so short, guys!  But here ya go~  Reviews, as always, are welcome.  Same for the comments. :)
Chapter 13 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome was thrown completely through the wall, and was sent flying into the main throne room of the castle. She rolled and dust swirled from the path she rolled.

Kagome slowly pulled herself up and lifted her head, growling.

"My my, you're a stubborn one, aren't you?" Ryuri acknowledged. "You just refuse to die."

"Like I will go down so easily," Kagome replied. She pulled out an arrow, and aimed.

"Hah. Go ahead and take your best shot,"

"It's your funeral," Kagome yelled.

Kagome fired, and instantly her sacred arrow lit and growed, getting stronger in power.

It won't get through my barrier, the fool. Ryuri smirked.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at that! Kagome's sacred power!" Miroku yelled, running beside Inuyasha and Sango.

"She must be battling the demon!" Sango exclaimed.

"Damn, let's hurry!" Inuyasha yelled.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome relaxed her arm. " I got 'em."

The arrow flew straight through Ryuri's barrier.

What? Ryuri thought, completely shocked. The priestess can break through barriers?

Kagome's arrow sailed right into Ryuri's left arm, and purified it. It didn't reform.

"How dare you." Ryuri growled.

Ryuri hit her with another blast of wind that sent her toppling across the room in a barrel roll. She came to a stop near the oposite wall, ten feet away from where she stood before. She landed on her stomach, and Kagome lifted her head painfully.

Ryuri looked at his bleeding arm, and growled.

I won't give up, Kagome thought defiantly.

Kagome kneeled, trying to stand up. As she gained her balance, Kagome held her bow in her left hand and let her right hand hang down by her side. Her right arm was bleeding, with blood trickling down her arm and off her fingers. Kagome's head was also bleeding; she squinted her eyes in a quick gesture of pain, but loaded another arrow.

"Not so fast," Ryuri ran towards her with incredible speed, and kicked her, making her hit the back wall and slam into the ground.

Kagome dropped her bow and arrow. Ryuri kicked them just out of her reach.

"Time to finish you off..." He put a foot on her back and raised his sword.

"Kagome!"

Ryuri jumped away as Tessaiga crashed into the floor. Sango and Miroku appeared not far from Ryuri, who was facing them all at a safe distance.

Inuyasha looked behind him, to see Kagome unconscious. Some parts of her kimono was torn, and you could see through a tear that Kagome's wound from Hurukai was starting to swell. She was covered in dirt, and her hair was all mangled.

Inuyasha growled and turned towards Ryuri. "You bastard. What did you do to Kagome?!"

Ryuri just blinked. "Oh. I see. You must be the half demon, Inuyasha."

"What was that?" Inuyasha growled.

"You're the one who is in love with this pathetic human." Ryuri spat.

Inuyasha growled.

"She really is quite the nussiance." Ryuri looked down at Kagome, who was still unconscious.

"You bastard!"

"Inuyasha!" Mroku called.

"What?" Inuyasha yelled, not taking his eyes off of Ryuri.

"Look at Ryuri's arm!"

Inuyasha focused on Ryuri's left arm.

It's been completely purified! Inuyasha thought with awe.

"Yes, that wretched priestess purified my arm." He looked down at his dripping wound. "That is why she will die."

Inuyasha charged, swinging his sword at him. "Well you're going to have to go through me!"

Miroku and Sango ran to Kagome, but they couldn't touch her because another barrier was up.

Inuyasha was in a draw with Ryuri. "Ah-ah-ahh. I still need her spiritual powers, don't forget. And I was just about to kill her too before you rudely interrupted." Ryuri taunted.

Inuyasha filled with rage, and he pushed Ryuri back and knocked his sword out of his hand.

"Oh my, you sure are strong when your angry." Ryuri replied.

"Die!" Inuyasha yelled, bringing down Tessaiga. Inuyasha hit a barrier.

"Now don't forget," Ryuri complied. "I am Ryuri of The Nightmares. I can create the most powerful barriers."

Inuyasha was pushed back into the air, and he skidded a stop by Kagome. Inuyasha had landed on his side, so he was looking into Kagome's face when he stopped.

Seeing Kagome, Inuyasha growled with rage.

"Hiraikots!"

Ryuri dodged Sango's weapon, and swung his sword at her, which Sango dodged with her Hiraikotsu once it returned back to her. Miroku threw sutras at him, but he easily swiped them out of the air.

Only light can kill a demon made of darkness.. Miroku thought, drawing back a few steps for safety.

Inuyasha stood up, his eyes covered by shadows.

"Ah, so you want more, then?" Ryuri observed.

Inuyasha growled. "How dare you." He swung his sword to the left, and air formed around his body. "You will pay for what you did to Kagome!" The Wind Scar formed around his blade.

"Wind Scar!"

Ryuri blocked his attack with his sword, but the Wind Scar went around the blade and hit Ryuri.

"I got him!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"It's futile."

"What?!" Inuyasha took a step back.

Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango all looked around the room, looking for Ryuri.

"Inuyasha, Ryuri can only be destroyed by purification," Miroku explained, turning his head to scan Kagome, who was still out, with Sango kneeling beside her.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, putting Kagome's head on her lap.

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha grunted.

"Since Ryuri is a demon of darkness, it would make sense if light would be his weakness," Miroku explained. "He can reform, but her can't reform his arm where Kagome shot her arrow!"

"Hmph. So you've figured it out then?" Ryuri's voice rang out from the shadows. He reformed infront of all of them, but his arm was still injured.

"Looks like I'll have to finish you off then," Ryuri slammed a wall of force into Sango, nocking her away from Kagome.

Kilala caught her. "Thank you Kilala," Sango replied.

"Damn you to hell!" Inuyasha yelled, starting to charge towards him.

A sacred arrow sailed through the air, and hit Ryuri, skimming his shoulder.

Inuyasha turned his head quickly, to see Kagome kneeling on her right leg, panting heavily. "Kagome!" He yelled.

"You're such a nusiance, girl."

Kagome cried out in pain.

Ryuri waved his hand angrily and a jet of air propelled Kagome backwards so hard, she broke through the wall and rolled outside into the castle yard. Kagome lifted herself onto her hands and knees, shaking from pain. Blood splattered across the ground.

"Oh no, Kagome!" Sango and Miroku yelled, getting up and running towards the hole in the wall.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out. He tried to follow them out into the courtyard, but Ryuri followed him and jumped in front of him.

A sword appeared out of nowhere, and Ryuri used it to clash with Inuyasha's Tessaiga.

Kagome was trying to stand up, with help from Miroku and Sango.

"Kagome, are you alright?" Miroku asked.

"Help...Inu..yasha." Kagome murmered.

Sango nodded. "Kilala!" She called. Sango jumped onto Kilala and they flew to land next ot Inuyasha.

"Take it easy, Kagome." Miroku cautioned.

"I've had enough of you people!" Ryuri yelled angrily.

"Bastard..." Inuyasha grunted, lunging at Ryuri again. "I will not lose. I will protect Kagome!" Inuyasha pushed harder, and Ryuri's sword started to crack.

"Damn.." Ryuri murmered. He jumped back, and the Tessaiga slammed into the ground, sending debris everywhere. He waved his hand, and Miroku was scent flying throught the air, slamming into Sango and Kilala.

"Damn you to hell!" Inuyasha yelled.

Suddenly, another sacred arrow hit Ryuri, but it was his sword this time.

Kagome was standing with a scowl on her face, and loaded another arrow. She cringed with pain, but aimed. "Move a muscle and this one is going right through your heart,"

Ryuri scowled and turned toward Kagome. "I'm getting sick of you the most, impudent wench!"

He waved his hand, and Kagome gasped in fear, watching the air comes towards her.

"No, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. He jumped infront of the wind, and took the damage instead. He rolled off in the other direction, dragging Tessaiga with him. When he stopped, Tessaiga transformed back to a rusty old sword.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled.

"Kago...me.." Inuyasha murmmered, standing up.

"Pathetic." Ryuri spat.

Kagome turned her head sharply towards Ryuri. "Leave Inuyasha and my friends alone!" She clicked another arrow onto the bow, and aimed at Ryuri. "Die!" She yelled, releasing. Kagome's sacred arrow glowed brightly, widening into an arch, with jets of sacred power falling behind it. Around the tip of the arrow, rings of power circled vibrantly.

Ryuri tried to put up a barrier, but couldn't. Kagome's sacred powers had purified it.

I can't escape this arrow!

It sailed cleanly through his chest, and left a big gap.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yelled.

That finished off Ryuri, but a force blasted around the area from his body. Kagome was thrown back, and she skidded on her back across the ground.

"Kagome! Inuyasha yelled.

He ran over to her, and held her up. She wasn't counscious, but she was breathing. Inuyasha looked her over; Kagome was really banged up.

Miroku and Sango ran over to him. "Is Kagome alright?" Miroku asked.

"Yeah," Inuyasha picked her up. "We better get back to Kaede, so she can help Kagome."

"Kagome is badly injured, so lets hurry." Sango replied, jumping onto Kilala with Miroku following suit.

End Notes:
Chapter 13!  Hope you guys like it! <3  I will update as much as I can. c:  Comments and Reviews are welcome!
Chapter 14 by Ryrirzuar

Miroku, Shippo, Sango, and Kilala were all walking through the village, heading to get water. With them was Miroku and Sango's kids.

"Wata! Shippo!" One of them said.

"Do you think Kagome will be okay? She's been sleeping ever since we got back from Ryuri's castle." Shippo asked.

"Yes, I'm sure she'll be okay, trust me." Sango reasured, smiling.

"I'm not surprised she's been sleeping," Miroku replied. "First, Hurukai injured her, and then Ryuri tried to freeze her to death." Miroku sighed. "Then we went to Ryuri's castle and Lady Kagome got pretty injured there aswell," Miroku frowned. "It must have been so hard on Kagome, with all the injuries she has. She must be exhausted,"

Sango nodded. "Inuyasha hasn't left Kagome's side since we got back, either."

Shippo sighed. "I just hope she'll wake up soon," He said, turning his head forward to look at the road.

-----------------------------------------------

Back at Kaede's hut, Kaede was just leaving to go find more herbs.

"I'll be back soon, Inuyasha." She replied.

Inuyasha didn't hear her, he was still looking at Kagome, like he had been for the last day or so since they got back. He was sitting right beside her, and he looked down at her face.

-----------------------------------------------

Awhile after Kaede left, Kagome stirred.

"Kagome? ...Are you awake?" He asked, leaning forward so she could see him.

Kagome looked at him, and tried sitting up.

"Hey, are you well enough to get up?" Inuyasha asked, supporting her.

Kagome cringed in pain. "Ow,"

"Take it easy," Inuyasha said.

"I'm okay..." Kagome replied. She looked up at him. "Inuyasha, what...happened after I shot Ryuri with an arrow?"

Inuyasha looked down at the floor, droppng his hands. "After you fired your arrow, it sailed straight through Ryuri's barrier, and purified his chest."

"But...How did I get through his barrier?"

Inuyasha looked up at her. "Since you posses sacred powers, it can easily destroy darkness, which is what kind of demon Ryuri was. When your arrow touched the barrier around Ryuri, it instantly purified it. I was able to use the Wind Scar to finish him off," Inuyasha replied.

Kagome nodded. "I see.." She tried to stand.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, supporting her with his arm. "Maybe you shouldn't over-do it."

"I said I'll be fine..." Kagome tried to take a step, but she started to fall backwards.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, catching her from behind. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Just... a little sore, thats all." Kagome replied.

"Kagome..."

Inuyasha turned Kagome around and put her in his lap, and put his arms in his sleeves around her. Kagome rested her head against his chest.

"You must be so tired," Inuyasha replied, resting his chin on her head, hugging her tighter.

Kagome didn't say anything, just spread out her hand on Inuyasha's chest. "Sorry I got into so much trouble, Inuyasha."

"Kagome... It's not your fault. You fought back with all your might, even when you were still hurting from the wound Hurukai gave you." Inuyasha put his arm across Kagome's waist, and the other covering her shoulder. "I should be the one who should be sorry. I let you get hurt again."

"Inuyasha you came, and you saved me. You always have," Kagome replied.

"Keh. Right now I think I didn't do a good job," Inuyasha replied, scowling.

"What happened to me... It wasn't your fault, Inuyasha." Kagome grabbed tightly on Inuyasha's robe. "It's just what happened," She said, closing her eyes. "Yet you came."

"Of course I would come!" Inuyasha protested, shrugging his shoulder so he could look at her. "I will never let you get killed, Kagome!" I vow with my life... To protect her.

Kagome nodded and smiled, hugging Inuyasha tight. "I know. Thank you."

Inuyasha had his arms spread, from the surprise of Kagome hugging him, but he smiled, his eyes softening, and wrapped his arms around her.

I'll always protect you, Kagome.

Inuyasha looked down at Kagome, and Kagome looked up in surprise. "Inuyasha?" She asked. Kagome realized that he was was going to kiss her, and started to blush. Inuyasha leaned forward, and Kagome raised her head. They kissed.

Inuyasha...

They pulled away and hugged again.

Always, Kagome.

End Notes:

It's not over yet!  We have a lot to go~  But wasn't that sweet? c":

Reviews and comments welcome!

Chapter 15 by Ryrirzuar

"I'll be back soon," Kagome waved. She was going to go look for herbs, because the village was running low.

"Ye be careful, now." Kaede replied.

Kagome nodded confidently and smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Kagome headed out the hut and looked around.

"Sure is nice outside," Kagome replied. She put a hand on her side, and smiled happily. Her injury inflicted by Hurukai was completely healed now; nothing but a faint scar was left. She stretched and took a deep breath. Then she adjust her quiver and bow on her shoulder and set out.

Walking down the pathway, Kagome hummed silently to herself. It had been at least a month since Ryuri and Hurukai's attack on her. There was a big basket under a tree not far from the hut, and Kagome went to go get it. When she got there, the sun was shining weakly through the tree branches. There wasn't any branches on any of the trees anymore; it was the end of fall.

Kagome shivered. It sure is getting cold outside! She thought.

She reached for the basket, when she paused.

How am I going to carry it back when it's going to get so heavy?

She sighed. "Oh well, I'll figure it out."

She grabbed hold of the basket, and started to lift it when she heard a voice.

"How do you think you'll carry that by yourself?"

Kagome looked up with delight and smiled. "Inuyasha!" She exclaimed.

Inuyasha was up in the tree and was standing on a thick limb, grinning.

He jumped down and landed lightly next to her. "Here, let me do it." Inuyasha grabbed the basket and slung it over his shoulder.

"Oh, thanks." Kagome replied.

"What do you need this thing for anyways?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm going to go collect herbs for Kaede," She replied.

Inuyasha nodded in ecnowledgment.

They started to walk again, and Kagome looked up at the sky. "Hey, look Inuyasha!" she replied.

Inuyasha stopped. "Huh? What is it Kagome?" He looked up at the sky.

Sesshoumaru was flying away, with Jaken hanging onto his fur.

"Looks like he gave Rin another gift," Inuyasha observed. They continued walking.

Not long later, they made it to the small field where all of the herbs were being grown.

"Here we go!" Kagome replied, smiling in satisfaction. She walked over to a patch of leaves and stems and dropped to her knees. "This is the one we need the most," Kagome explained, handing the plants to Inuyasha. "If I remember correctly, then this one should cure illness, and this one will help get rid of poison..." Kagome wandered off, collecting all of the herbs she needed.

----------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Kagome entered Kaede's hut.

"Kaede? We brought you all of the herbs!" Kagome replied.

"Ah, thank you, child." she replied.

Kagome nodded and stood up. Inuyasha was sweating a little bit, and he looked pale.

"Are you alright Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, walking up to him.

Inuyasha sneezed.

"I'll take that as a no," Kagome muttered.

Kagome felt his forehead, and was able to feel how hot Inuyasha was before he could pull away.

"Inuyasha! Your burning up!" Kagome replied. "You should lie down."

"Keh! I'm fine!" Inuyasha protested, turning away.

Kagome huffed. "I'm serious, Inuyasha! You don't want your fever to get any worse!"

"Get off my back! I said, I'm fine!"

Kagome frowned and breathed in deeply.

"Sit!"

-------------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was laying down in bed, now getting weak.

Inuyasha didn't want to admit it though.

He was asleep, and Kagome put a wet wash cloth over his forehead.

The fire crackled as Kaede sat up in bed. "Kagome, you should get some rest."

Kagome shook her head. "I have to look after Inuyasha,"

Kaede sighed and layed down, falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------

"I'll be back soon," Kaede replied. Miroku and Sango had come over. Shippo was off doing classes again.

They waved, and went back insode Kaede's hut.

"How's Inuyasha?" Sango asked, a little after Kaede left.

Inuyasha was asleep, in the corner of the room.

Kagome looked over at him. "He's a lot better. He should wake up soon," Kagome stated.

"Have you been taking car of him this entire time, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded. "I haven't had much sleep yet. I've been a little too worried to do so." she lloked at Unyasha again. "But now that he's a lot better, I can get some more rest."

Miroku, Sango, and Kagome talked for awhile longer, but then Miroku and Sango had to go back.

Kagome waved goodbye and walked inside the hut again. She went to sit next to Inuyasha, when she decided to change the water. She walked outside and used the stream water.

Back at the hut, Kagome put the cloth onto Inuyasha's head and sighed. She was getting really tired; she sould sleep some more.

Kagome stood and grabbed a blanket, and pillow. She laid them not far away from Inuyasha, and sat down. Kagome looked at Inuyasha again.

Suddenly she fekt a quick pulse of energy go through her body. She gasped quietly. W-What was that...?

Kagome first thought she imagined ot, so she laid down and fell asleep.

End Notes:

Uh oh.  Whats going on with Kagome?  Keep reeading and you will find out! <3

 Reviews and comments greatly appreaciated!!

Chapter 16 by Ryrirzuar

The winter sun was shining through the window, with chilly air coming through.

Inuyasha woke first. He felt a lot better, and sat up. He looked over at his right, and saw Kagome lying there facing him, asleep. She had a slight trace of bags under her eyes, and she looked tired.

Was she taking care of me all this time? He wondered, sliding away the covers to go over to Kagome. "Kagome?" He murmured.

"Hm?" She replied. She blinked a few times, then realized it was Inuyasha. "Inuyasha... Are you feeling better?" She sat up and rubbed her eyes, getting rid of leftover sleep.

"Yeah." Inuyasha said, crossing his legs and putting his arms through his sleeves. "How long was I asleep?"

Kagome stood and put the blankets away. "About two days. You had a high fever." She gave Inuyasha some water. "Here," she coaxed the cup to him.

"Thanks," He replied, taking it. "Where are Miroku and Sango?"

"Oh, they are at their home sleeping, probably." Kagome smiled. "Lady Kaede went off to help some villagers in diffrent villages. There are some demons acting up again... But I'm worried for her," Kagome sighed and shook her head.

"Eh, the old hag will be fine. Nothing she can't handle, anyways." Inuyasha replied.

Kagome looked out the window. "Look, Inuyasha!" She stood up, and ran out the door. Inuyasha followed lazily.

"It's snowing!" Kagome replied happily. She looked up at the sky, letting the snowflakes fall on her face.

"Hmph..." Inuyasha muttered.

"Kagome!"

Kagome turned to see Sango walking towards her.

"Sango!" She replied.

"Looks like the snow started last night," Sango exclaimed happily. "Miroku and the kids are having fun back at our home." She laughed. "They keep throwing snow balls at him!"

Kagome laughed. "Let's go see them, Inuyasha!" Kagome replied, starting to walk with Sango.

Inuyasha didn't say anything, just followed contentedly.

When they got there, Miroku was chasing the kids around the yard. "Come back here!" Miroku joked. He stopped when he saw Kagome and Inuyasha. "Oh, nice to see you're feeling better, Inuyasha."

"Yeah, whatever."

Kagome started to walk towards them, when she stopped suddenly. She felt the same pulsing sensation she did last night. There's that feeling again... Kagome clenched her teeth.

Startled by Kagome's sudden stop, he looked at her. "What's wrong Kagome?"

Kagome frowned and put a hand to her chest. "For the past few nights I..."

"Kagome?" Miroku replied.

Kagome looked down. "I-I've been feeling a tug, like a pulse through my body. It.. It feels like the same thing that happened with Ryuri," Kagome just sat down on the ground, suddenly tired.

"What?" Inuyasha replied, clenching his fists.

"What could it be, Miroku?" Sango asked, grabbing her kids.

Miroku shook his head. "I don't know, but it doesn't sound good."

------------------------------------------------

Miroku and Sango took their kids back inside, and Inuyasha and Kagome went back to Kaede's hut.

"I'm serious Kagome, something stinks about this," Inuyasha was saying. "What if Ryuri somehow is still alive and is trying to grab you again?" Inuyasha growled stubbornly.

"I don't know, okay?" Kagome frowned and looked over at him. "But how am I supposed to stop it?" The snow was still falling, and one landed on Kagome's nose. She swiped at the moisture impatiently and sighed. Then, the same sensation appeared again, and Kagome stopped and gasped. "It's back.." She replied. "And... It's a lot stronger than before!"

Inuyasha put a hand on Tessaiga in protection, and growled. He could smell something, and it wasn't exactly pleasant.

Kagome dropped to her knees, clutching her head. She leaned forward and groaned softly.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, putting an arm over her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Something is taking over my body! Kagome thought with despair.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha turned to see Sango and Miroku running towards them, with Sango in her demon slaying uniform.

"What's wrong with Kagome?" Sango asked.

"I don't know," Inuyasha growled, turning to look back at her. "The feeling she told us about is a lot worse!" Inuyasha grabbed Kagome shoulders. "Kagome! You gotta fight!"

Kagome gripped her head tighter. "Trying here," She whispered.

Miroku flinched. "Do you feel that?"

Sango and Inuyasha nodded, looking around.

"It's not going to work," A voice growled sudddenly. "I will become one with her."

"Like I'll let you!" Inuyasha replied, taking out Tessaiga. "Where are you, you bastard?"

Kagome cried out in pain, and a blast of light from her body sent Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango hurling backwards. Kagome ascended into the air, and her eyes turned red, and a dark presence raidiated from her body. She was as still as a ghost, and started to fall.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha ran, and catched her. He looked at her. "Ka..gome?"

Kagome's eyes suddenly opened, and they were a blood red. "Get away," she murmered. "Get away!"

Kagome moved away from him, and her fingers turned into dark red whips. She flung them at Inuyasha, who dodged them.

"Excelent," A voice cooed. "I will soon be one with her soul." Kagome raised a hand, and the whips snapped and crackled, flying towards Inuyasha.

"Stop, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, jumping away.

"She can't hear you. I am in complete control."

"Who are you?" Miroku yelled.

Kagome drew back, gliding through the air like a puppet.

"Isn't it obvious?" A face hovered over Kagome.

"Hurukai!" Sango exclaimed.

"I have combined with Ryuri's soul to be even more powerful, and much more intelligent." He paused and laughed. "I am slowly eating her soul!"

"You bastard!" Inuyasha growled. "Leave Kagome's body! And come out and fight!"

Hurukai chuckled. "Time to have some fun,"

"Inuyasha!" Miroku yelled.

"Watch out!" Sango warned.

Kagome charged at Inuyasha, and threw whips at him. They wrapped around Tessaiga, and pulled remarkably strongly, and Kagome flew towards him. Her other hand became razor sharp red claws, and she went to stab Inuyasha. Inuyasha started to yell, but then made a huh noise.

Kagome's hand was inches from Inuyasha's chest, but she was frozen, even though the claws were still there and the whips were still swaying.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha murmered.

"Hmph. Impudent wench. Seems she is still resisting me..."

"What?" Inuyasha yelled. That's right, Inuyasha thought. Kagome is still in there! He growled. "Snap out of it, Kagome!" He grabbed her hand, and pushed it away. "Wake up Kagome!" He let go of Tessagia, which turned back into a dull sword and grabbed Kagome's shoulders.

Only to be pushed back, Inuyasha grabbed Tessaiga and it transformed again. "Damn,"

"Hmph." Hurukai's voice rang out. "Seems I will have to leave for now, until I have complete control."

Kagome started to fade, but not before her eyes suddenly cleared and tears formed in her eyes. "Inuyasha!" Kagome reached out a hand towards him, shaking her head violently. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha reached for her hand, but the instant their finger tips touched, she disapeared. Inuyasha's hand hovered, but then it tightly closed, and Inuyasha growled deeply.

Miroku and Sango ran towards him. "Are you alright, Inuyasha?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha stabbed Tessaiga into the ground, and gripped the handle tightly.

Sango frowned sadly. "What are we going to do, Miroku?" She asked him.

"We need to find Kagome. In that state, who knows what Hurukai will do."

Inuyasha put away Tessaiga. "I won't let him do anything!" He clenched a fist and growled, turning his head towards them. "Lets go!"

They nodded, and Kilala transformed.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading all of this so far!  Please keep going~  Chapter 16, yay!  Reviews and Comments welcomed!!
Chapter 17 by Ryrirzuar

"Which way now?" Sango asked.

Inuyasha, Miroku and Sango had been looking for Kagome for hours. Inuyasha had been trailing her scent, but now it split off into two directions.

"Kagome's scent is going both ways," Inuyasha replied, growling in frustration. "Damn it!"

"I guess our only option is to split up," Miroku complied.

"Right." Inuyasha went to the left, while Miroku and Sango took the right path.

-------------------------------------------

What's going on? Kagome thought. Where am I?

Kagome was in pitch blackness, there was nothing she could see. She was freezing, and she looked down at her side.

Oh no!

Her side was bleeding yet... not. There was blood , but where some of her skin should have been, was nothing. It was like she was being slowly eaten away.

"This is your fate," A voice echoed.

Kagome scowled. "Hurukai."

Kagome reached for her bow and arrows on her back, but they weren't there.

What? Where are my bow and arrows?

Hurukai laughed. "You're just a soul, stupid girl. Floating here in darkness, slowly being eaten by my soul."

Kagome gasped. "No, you're wrong!"

"Am I? Because that... hmm...

injury of yours is proof enough."

Kagome looked down at her side again. It slowly moved about an inch, then stopped.

"When my darkness completely consumes your soul, you shall become one with me. Then you will have no hope of awakening. You will be trapped here, for all eternity, while I use your body to destroy and wreck havock on the world."

Kagome started to tear up. "I don't believe you! Inuyasha and everyone else will save me! And I plan to fight!"

"Do you honestly think you can?"

Kagome flinched.

"Yes, I know you can tell. I know you feel it. Your soul feels like its slowly being sucked away, like you're being erased from time and earth."

He's right, Kagome thought. I...

"Even when you die, you will stay trapped here. And I will show you some images of the people I will command you to kill, to make you suffer."

Kagome shook her head defiantly. "No.."

"Welcome to darkness," Hurukai stated. "My darkness."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Sango! Do you sense anything?" Miroku yelled over to her, running beside Kilala.

"No, not at all." She replied.

"We need to find Kagome; she doesn't have much time!"

-----------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha ran as fast as he could. He could smell her scent; it was getting stronger.

"Wait for me Kagome, wait for me! Hang it there!" Inuyasha flinched suddenly.

Sesshoumaru's scent?

------------------------------------------------------

"Lord Sesshoumaru, where are we going, exactly?" Jaken asked nervously.

Sesshoumaru didn't answer, just kept walking. This is the girl's scent; Kagome.

"My Lord, please explain?" Jaken asked again.

Lord Sesshoumaru stayed silent.

Jaken sighed. He won't answer me! Jaken stopped right before he ran into Sesshoumaru.

"My Lord, what is it?" Jaken looked past Sesshoumaru.

Kagome was standing in front of them, not moving. She was staring straight at Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru stared right back. She is not herself, He thought. He narrowed his eyes.

Kagome didn't move, but her eyes flashed a dark red.

This scent...

Kagome charged at Sesshoumaru, her hands turning into razor sharp claws.

Sesshoumaru's eyes widened, but that was the only surprise he showed. He jumped back, dodging her blow.

Even for a human, her attacks are extremely fast,

"My Lord! Something is not right with the girl!" Jaken yelled.

Sesshoumaru shoved Kagome away easily, and jumped back. Kagome did not charge again, she just stood there, staring with her blood-red eyes.

I see, Sesshoumaru lifted a hand, and it turned green with poison. She is being controlled by the demon Hurukai.

A voice laughed histerically. "Sesshoumaru. How nice to see you again,"

"Hurukai. Why must you take the body of a mere human? A girl no other. Are you really that much of a coward?" Sesshoumaru taunted, with no emotion in his voice.

"Heh. Well then, kill the girl. She doesn't mean anything to you, does she?"

He charged at Kagome, and swiped a poison claw at her. Kagome dodged quickly, and summoned the red whips. She wrapped them around Sesshoumaru's body.

"What?" Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes in surprise.

"Lord Sesshoumaru, no!" Jaken yelled.

"Whats the matter Sesshoumaru? Surprised by a simple human girl?"

Kagome raised her hand, lifting Sesshoumaru into the air. There was no emotion on Kagome's face; nothing at all. She flexed her fingers, and the whips tightened, sinking into Sesshoumaru's flesh.

Sesshoumaru cut away the whips, and pushed from the ground to swipe at Kagome with his claws. He got her cheek, and Kagome fell back, but she then quickly kicked at his heels. Sesshoumaru jumped away and charged again. Kagome raised her hands, and waited for Sesshoumaru. As he got close, Kagome blasted a jet of sacred power at him. Sesshoumaru dodged it, but it skimmed his arm and made it bleed.

Kagome ran up to him, her nails turning into razor sharp blades. She swung her hand, but Sesshoumaru caught it effortlessly.

"As if a human could defeat me," Sesshoumaru spat. His eyes widened suddenly.

Kagome used her other hand to blast a force of sacred power right into Sesshoumaru's chest. Sesshoumaru jumped back, and looked at Kagome with a hint of pain in his eyes. There was no injury, but inside Sesshoumaru Kagome's spiritual power was purifying his demonic aura. Kagome took out an arrow, and aimed her bow at Sesshoumaru. Sacred power swirled around her body, around her bow.

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes. Does he really think an arrow can hurt me?

"I'm insulted," Sesshoumaru replied aloud. He charged at Kagome, bringing out Tensaiga. I'll bring out Hurukai and kill him.

Kagome realeased her arrow, and the sacred aura was yards wide. Sesshoumaru dodged it, but the arrow hit Tensaiga. Tensaiga's power disappeared instantly, becoming a useless sword.

Tensaiga? Sesshoumaru thought with puzzlement. He stopped, and lifted his sword.

"I used the girl's sacred powers to disable your Tensaiga! That sword is the only thing that can force me out of her body; now it doesn't even work!" Hurukai replied through Kagome's mouth, half Hurukai's voice and half Kagome's. Kagome put the bow over her shoulder, still no emotion on her face. Her eyes were an even deeper red than before.

"You're trying to fuse with her soul," Sesshoumaru replied.

"Yes. And once I do, I will have ultimate power, and no one will stop me!" Hurukai yelled in triumph.

Kagome took attack position. Her right arm was stretched forward, with her palm facing Sesshoumaru, while her left arm was stretched out to the side of her.

"Shall we finish this?" Hurukai growled happily.

"Hmph." If I kill the girl, Hurukai will also die. I was hoping to use Tensaiga, to spare the girl. After all, she's saved Rin countless of times when Naraku was alive, Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes again. He charged, and summoned his poison claws.

"Sesshoumaru!"

Inuyasha jumped infront of Sesshoumaru, and swiped at him with his claws. Sesshoumaru jumped back, to come to a stand still.

Inuyasha flexed his claws. "What the hell is going on? Were you seriously going to..?" Inuyasha growled. "That's low even for you, Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha turned back to look at Kagome, but she was gone. "Damn it," He cursed.

"Stupid Inuyasha. Don't you know what is going on?" Sesshoumaru replied.

"What?"

Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and turned away, starting to walk away. "Hurukai is becoming one with her soul. Once he has completely devoured her, he will have incredible power." Sesshoumaru opened his eyes and stopped. "Jaken."

Jaken flinched but ran straight up to him. "Yes my Lord?"

Before Sesshoumaru could say anything, Inuyasha growled. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, Inuyasha, that Kagome is dying." Sesshoumaru said, deadpan.

Inuyasha froze. "W-What?"

"Kagome's soul will be absorbed by Hurukai, and there will be no hope in saving her."

"What's the deal, Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha yelled at him. "What quarrel do you have with Hurukai?"

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes. "That, Inuyasha, is none of your buisness."

Inuyasha growled. "Stay away from Hurukai, he's mine!" Inuyasha ran, and disapeared through the trees.

End Notes:
Reviews and Comments welcome!  Thank you all for reading this story!  I am updating so much right now!  Hope you like it! <3
Chapter 18 by Ryrirzuar

"Watch out!" A villager yelled.

Kagome swept into the village with a hand dragging the whips on her fingers.

"Everybody run!"

Kagome set fire to the huts with her spiritual power, and started to run after villagers.

--------------------------------------------

Inuyasha and Miroku and Sango met up the next day.

"Did you find her?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha nodded sadly. "She went to battle Sesshoumaru."

Sango gasped. "But why Sesshoumaru?"

Inuyasha looked at the ground. "The Tensaiga can save her, in fact, it's the only think that can." Inuyasha looked up at Miroku and Sango with his face impassive. "Hurukai disabled the Tensaiga with Kagome's sacred powers."

"But how can that be?" Sango murmered.

"It is possible. Kagome's spiritual powers are so powerful now that she could do such things."

Inuyasha growled. "Hurukai did that so Kagome couldn't be saved. It'll take time for Tensaiga's power to come back, but we don't have enough time!"

"What do you mean?" Miroku asked.

Inuyasha's eyes were hidden by his hair. "He plans to eat her soul to become one with her, so he will have ultimate power."

"No..." Sango whispered.

"Lets go!" Inuyasha replied suddenly. "We have to save her! Sesshoumaru is already going after her! I can't let him kill her!"

Sango and Miroku nodded, and they jumped on Kilala and followed him.

----------------------------------------------------

"No!" Kagome yelled. "Stop showing me this!"

Racing through Kagome's mind was her destroying the village, going after Sesshoumaru, almost injuring Inuyasha.

"Stop it!" She wailed, crying hysterically.

"Lose hope yet?" Hurukai growled happily.

What have I done? Kagome thought. I should be able to defy him!

Kagome looked down at her side. The darkness had consumed almost her entire side of her stomach now; it stretched from her hip to under her breast. She never felt so cold before, never. Kagome cried out in pain.

Help me, Inuyasha!

"He can't save you. No one can. The only reason you can't repel me is because you

want to injure people."

"I would never want to do anything like that!" Kagome yelled angrily.

"We'll see."

Kagome suddenly felt a rush of air and she was sucked forward.

-----------------------------------------------------

She opened her eyes, to her walking down a path. In the distance a village burned.

Kagome's eyes cleared, and they were the normal brown again.

"I'm back.." Kagome whispered, looking at her hands.

"I will let you suffer out in the real world for awhile," Hurukai said in her mind.

Kagome eye's teared up, and she looked at the village burning. "No.." She whispered. "No!" She violently shook her head and turned, running away. Tears streamed past her in the wind as she ran.

Kagome was just running, not caring. Kagome suddenly started to get very weak, and she tripped, rolling down a small hill. She landed into a river at the bottom, and was swept away.

------------------------------------------------------

Not long, they reached a village. It was burned to a crisp, with villagers walking around sadly.

"What has happened here?" Miroku asked a villager, jumping off of Kilala.

The villager looked down sadly. "A demon attacked."

"What kind of demon?" Sango asked.

"She was human looking, with black hair and a red and white kimono on."

Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango all stared at each other.

Inuyasha nodded. "Kagome."

Miroku looked back at the villager. "Kind sir, please tell us, did this demon kill anyone?"

The villager shook his head. "Strangely no. She just burned it down. She came close to killing some of us, but something stopped her."

"What do you mean?" Inuyasha asked nervously.

"She pulled back to strike, but she froze." The villager looked back at the ruined village. "It was like she stopped herself, even though you could tell she wanted to kill you."

Sango gasped. "Kagome tried to stop Hurukai from killing the villagers,"

Inuyasha looked at the sky. Kagome was able to stop Hurukai from killing anyone, which means that she hasn't been devoured yet! She can still be saved!

"Come on, lets hurry!" Inuyasha yelled, taking off and heading in the direction of Kagome's scent.

"Thank you for helping us," Miroku replied. He jumped back on Kilala, and they followed.

------------------------------------------------------

Kagome woke to be washed up on the shore.

Must've...Gotten swept away by the river... Kagome thought.

Her legs were still in the water.

Whats the point in moving? Kagome thought with despair. Tears filled her eyes. Hurukai could take over any minute...

Kagome layed there, not moving. She just waited for her to get possesed again. Just then, she realized her side was burning hotly. She glanced down, and saw her side bleeding.

That's where Hurukai was eating my soul... She thought, her eyes clouding over.

------------------------------------------------------

"This way!" Inuyasha yelled. He jumped through the trees, following Kagome's scent. the farther he went, the more it smelled of Hurukai.

Miroku and Sango followed right behind him. "Hurry Inuyasha!"

"Don't you think I know that?" Inuyasha growled. Inuyasha stopped suddenly.

"What is it Inuyasha?" Sango asked, dropping to the ground on Kilala next to Inuyasha.

What's going on here? Kagome's scent...

"Kagome's scent changed!" Inuyasha exclaimed, looking over at them.

"What do you mean?" Miroku replied.

"It has had a hint of Hurukai in it, but now, it just turned into Kagome's."

Miroku looked at Sango. "Do you think Hurukai let Kagome come back for a while?"

"I don't know, but lets hurry!" Sango replied, taking off with Miroku on Kilala. Inuyasha followed.

"Maybe we should split up to cover more ground!" Miroku suggested after awhile.

"Sounds good." Inuyasha replied, and Miroku and Sango ascended higher into the sky, going in a different direction.

----------------------------------------------------

Inuyasha ran, concentrating on Kagome's scent.

He stopped at a hill. Kagome must have been running, and didn't even realize there was a hill. So she must have rolled down and fell into the river!

Inuyasha ran down the side of the river, glancing back and fouth, looking for Kagome.

Suddenly he flinched. This is the scent of Kagome's blood!

-----------------------------------------------------

Kagome was still lying on the ground, when she woke. The night sky was shining, millions of stars gleaming.

I must have fallen asleep... She thought.

Her wound was still open, not that she cared. She didn't really care anymore.

Kagome started to cry again, just waiting for Hurukai to take over again.

I can't belive what I did to the village... Kagome closed her eyes. I'm all alone...

"Kagome!"

Kagome looked over her shoulder, to see Inuyasha landing across the river from her.

"Inuyasha.." Kagome replied, tears starting to stream down her face.

So Kagome does have control of herself...For now, anyway. Inuyasha's eyes were wide, but he didn't move.

"Inuyasha! Stay away! I could change any second!" Kagome replied, still laying on her stomach. She didn't have the strength to move her body.

Inuyasha hesitated, but then he didn't listen to her and jumped over to her.

Kagome looked up at him and more tears came out of her eyes.

"Kagome." Inuyasha replied.

"Stay away, Inuyasha!" Kagome wailed desperatly. "You don't know when I'm going to change!" She managed to sit, and scootched away.

"Kagome, your side..." Inuyasha looked down at her side. That's where Hurukai was eating away her soul...

Inuyasha frowned sadky. He slowly grabbed Kagome, and she gasped silently. "Kagome, are.. are you in pain?"

"Inuyasha, please stay away. I..I don't want to hurt you.." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha pulled back and held Kagome by the shoulders. "Kagome, I will save you, you have my word!"

Inuyasha pulled Kagome in towards him, and Kagome's eyes widened in surprise.

He's kissing me... Kagome thought.

She slowly leaned forwards and closed her eyes. She softly grabbed his kimono, gripping it tightly with shaky hands. She was still crying; but Inuyasha rubbed them away with his finger, and he kissed her again.

Inuyasha.. Kagome felt warmth spred through her body, and sacred light radiated from her wound. slowly, it started to close up and the empty feeling she was feeling disapeared.

"W-What happened?" Kagome replied, looking down at her side.

"Your soul must've healed..." Inuyasha murmered.

"Inuyasha." Kagome sighed and hugged Inuyasha tight. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome, and buried his face in her hair.

Kagome...I promise. I will save you.

He grabbed pulled her close and pulled her into his lap.

Please, Kagome thought desperatly. Dont let me change now. Not now.

A shooting star shot over them in the sky.

End Notes:
Reviews and comments welcome!  Ohhh things are heating up, haha. XD  Please give me your opinion. c:
Chapter 19 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome woke to be laying next to Inuyasha.

I haven't transformed yet? Kagome wondered.

She felt... good. She felt like she was radiating power, like she was covered in her sacred aura. They were still by the river, and the sun was slowly coming up. Kagome sighed sadly and closed her eyes. Hurukai must not be able to posses me because my powers are so strong right now. Kagome turned her head to look at Inuyasha, and saw that her hand was resting on the ground, with his over hers. Kagome flushed scarlet. But she narrowed her eyes sadly.

When I get posessed again... Will the wound just re-open again or will it have to start over? Kagome wondered. She looked down at her side; there was still a blood stain.

Inuyasha woke up, and Kagome softly looked up at him.

Inuyasha looked down at her. "Kagome?" He put a hand on her cheek, and looked at her.

"I'm okay." Kagome whispered.

Inuyasha hugged her, and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and rested her head against his chest. Inuyasha wrapped his arms even tighter around her, and rested his head on Kagome's. Kagome...

Inuyasha started to sit up, still holding Kagome.

Kagome looked at him. "Inu..yasha? Are.. you okay?"

"Let's go, Kagome." Inuyasha replied, helping her up.

"G-Go where?" She asked.

"To find Miroku and Sango, and to get rid of Hurukai for good!" Inuyasha replied.

Kagome had her doubts, but she nodded.

Inuyasha started to run.

End Notes:

Oops, sorry, another short chapter! ^^;  Don't worry there are more uploads! <3  Reviews and comments and etc are very welcome~! <3

Chapter 20 by Ryrirzuar

The rhythm of Inuyasha's feet sent Kagome into a trance. She was neither dreaming nor sleeping.

Something was wrong.

Kagome felt her energy starting to drain slowly, and at first she terrifyingly thought Hurukai was coming back again. But... she realized that it felt diffrent, colder. But much worse. Her eyes started to become heavy, and she struggled to keep them open.

Inuyasha felt Kagome start to get cold. He looked down at her, concerned, but kept running. "Are you alright, Kagome?"

Kagome nodded sleepily.

Inuyasha growled and focused back on the path he was taking. Something's wrong. Kagome isn't transforming, I can tell by her scent... it's changing. It's like... it's getting harder and harder to recognize her scent... She's fading... Inuyasha growled deeply. Not if I can help it!

"Inuyasha?" Kagome asked.

"What is it?"

"There is something I have to tell you..." Kagome replied, sounding tired.

Inuyasha waited, so Kagome continued. "When I was trapped inside Hurukai's soul, he told me something..."

*Flash back*

"You know what will happen?" Hurukai growled.

Kagome didn't say anything, she just cried silently. She didn't want to hear anything from him.

"Once I become strong enough, I can manifest into the real world and still be able to control you."

"I'm not your puppet!" Kagome screamed into the darkness.

"Hmph. I think you are." Hurukai replied angrily.

*End*

"So, Hurukai will be able to make a body and appear in plain sight?" Inuyasha asked, jumping through the trees.

"Uh huh... He also said, that he could only do that at a certain shrine." Kagome replied.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha looked up, seeing Miroku and Sango fly beside them. Inuyasha stopped, and landed on the ground. Miroku and Sango landed and jumped off Kilala and ran over to him.

"You found Kagome!" Miroku exclaimed. "Is she-" Miroku stopped, seeing Kagome.

She was bruised, with a few burns on her hands. Her clothes were filthy, and there was a blood stain on her left side. She looked exhausted, and her eyes were a faint bright red.

"Kagome..." Sango whispered, her eyes shinning.

Inuyasha set her down on the ground, and kneeled next to her. "Miroku... Sango.." She replied, her eyes drooping.

"What's wrong with her?" Miroku asked quickly.

Inuyasha explained, and hid his eyes.

There was a moment of silence, then Kagome spoke.

"Inuyasha, take me to the shrine."

Inuyasha looked at her. "Kagome?" He growled. "Are you crazy?! If we do that, you'll be completely consumed and Hurukai will have complete controlpf you!"

Kagome shook her head. "It's the only way. If I completely transform again, Hurukai will have full power, and he will manifest." Kagome looked at all of them. "If he becomes a solid object, you will be able to kill him."

"But Kagome... Won't you be killed when he is seperated from your body? Because he will be completely tied to your soul." Sango argued.

"Sesshoumaru will be there." Kagome replied. "He could use Tensaiga to save me,"

"Of course!" Mirokue exclaimed, slapping his hand on his palm.

Inuyasha clenched his fists. "I don't like it," He picked her up. "Not at all." Inuyasha growled, and his face turned ferocious. "Damn it,"

Sango jumped onto Kilala. "Let's go," She said quietly.

End Notes:
Chapter 20~ :D  Reviews and comments welcome~!!
Chapter 21 by Ryrirzuar

"Is this the right way?" Inuyasha yelled.

"Yes." Kagome replied.

Kagome kept getting even sleepier. Her eyes were half red and half brown. Her left side felt ice cold, and it kept spreading through out her body in pulses. They came to an open field, with a building as black as the night in the center.

Kagome felt a strong pull.

"Inuyasha. Put me down!"

Inuyasha was surprised for a second, but then regretfully set her down, and she stood up slowly. "Now get away," she whispered, shaking.

Inuyasha reached a hand out towards her. "Kagome.."

Kagome took a step forward, and kept walking. Every step she took, a vibration pulsed through her body.

Sango and Miroku were watching from the sky. "I can't even imagine how painful it must be for Inuyasha," Sango whispered, her eyes sadenning. "It must be so hard to let Kagome walk right into this..." They looked at Inuyasha with his hand still outstretched to Kagome, and the wind blew.

"Kagome.." Inuyasha said again. He took a step closer.

Kagome flinched. "He's coming!" I'm ready. She scowled. I will not give in!

Kagome felt a sudden suction, and felt her body freeze.

"Finally, I'm back!" Hurukai yelled.

------------------------------------------------------

Kagome turned around, her eyes completely red. The wind blew, throwing her hair around in the breeze.

"Ahhh, Inuyasha..." Hurukai praised. "Will you be the first victim?"

Inuyasha was growling, his face set into a deep scowl. "Bastard.."

"I am now one with Kagome." Hurukai replied, and manifested his old body right behind her. He layed a hand on her shoulder, and licked her face. Kagome didn't move. She didn't make any sign of emotion.

"Don't you dare!" Inuyasha yelled, unsheathing Tessaiga. He swung his sword at Hurukai, but it bounced right off him.

"What?" Inuyasha yelled in surprise. A barrier?

Hurukai chuckled. "You can't touch me." He lifted his arm, and clenched his fist.

Kagome glided towards Inuyasha, and her red claws extended and sharpened. She swiped at him, and Inuyasha ducked. "Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled angrily.

"I will create a hurricane! A hurricane of grief, that will drive you all into hiding, into despair!" Hurukai declared. He swung his arm, and Kagome's eyes glowed a bright red. Both of her hands glowed red, and up her arm and around her body glowed red.

It suddenly disapperated, and Kagome was wearing a mythical suit. It had shoulder preotecters, and red markings all over the design. Her nails were glowing, but they were normal length.

"She shall be my first warrior!" Hurukai yelled, and his eyes glowed red. Kagome's eyes also glowed, and she ran towards Inuyasha with incredible speed.

"No! Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

Kagome swung her arm infront of him, and Inuyasha jumped up to dodge. The marking in the air from her nails hit the ground, and it left a big incision.

"Such power..." Miroku murmered from upon Kilala.

Inuyasha landed a few feet away. His eyes twitched. "Damn it," Kagome turned towards him. "Kagome.." He whispered.

She suddenly drew back, gliding to stand next to Hurukai's form.

"Damn it all to hell!" Inuyasha ran and swiped his claws at Hurukai, but was flung backwards by the barrier.

"I am puzzled, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha painfully got up, and charged again. He was thrown back a second time, and he hit a tree. Once he hit the ground, he lifted his head painfully.

"Does this woman really mean this much to you?" Inuyasha stood up, supporting his back against the tree, his head leaning forward.

"You love her that much? You want to protect her that much?"

Inuyasha growled, and brought out Tessaiga. Air swirled around Inuyasha's feet as he adjusted his footing. "Shut up!" He lifted his head, and his hair swiveled in the breeze. "I will always save her," He glanched at Kagome, who was watching him with a impassive expression. He looked back at Hurukai and shook his head violently. "I will always protect her!"

"Why? She can't possibly be of that much importance. She is just a human peice of trash!"

"Be-Because.." Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. Images flashed through his mind.

All of them of Kagome.

Kagome handing him things with a smile on her face, her laughing, protecting him in danger, helping him up from an injury.

"Because..." Nursing him back to health when he was ill, her defending his identity, and most importantly, when she looked at him with that certain look on her face. He lifted his hand sharply. "Because I love her!"

Kagome's hand reached out towards Inuyasha as he charged to strike Hurukai with his Tessaiga turning a dark red. He swung it down into Hurukai's barrier, and it shriveled and disappeared.

Before Inuyasha could come close to hitting Hurukai, the demon slashed out at him and sent Inuyasha flying backwards, giving him a gash in the stomach. The instant Inuyasha hit the ground, Kagome's body shot out sacred power in all directions. Everyone had to cover their eyes, but when it cleared, a circle of energy was circling Kagome. She was leaning over, her hair flowing upwards. Her eyes were wide open, even though they were still red.

"No more!" Kagome's voice rang out from her body. "I won't let you do this anymore!"

"What?" Hurukai yelled in dismay.

Another blast of light pulsed from Kagome's body, and her eyes cleared, and she gasped.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Unbelievable!" Miroku yelled in awe.

"She forced Hurukai's control over her to break!" Sango yelled.

Kagome descended to the ground, and she fell to her knees, her eyes still wide. She was gasping for breath. I made it.. She slowly stood, and she turned towards Hurukai, scowling.

Hurukai growled. "How did you..?" Hurukai flickered for a second, like an image on a screen. "You impudent wench!" He sent a blast of air at Kagome, and Kagome started to yell, her eyes widening.

Inuyasha ran towards her. "Kagome!" He just made it infront of her, and his back got the damage instead of her. They flew backwards, and skidded on the ground.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled, looking down at him. He was on his hands and knees beside her her, and she had her arm hands gripping tightly onto his shoulders. He looked up at her, and a small sigh of relief appeared on his face.

"Are you alright Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

She nodded. "I heard you," Kagome replied. "I heard you!"

"Yeah," he replied, his eyes softening.

Hurukai sent a blast at them, and Inuyasha picked up Kagome and jumped out of the way. The blast hit trees across the feild, but a green light split it in two and made it explode.

From dodging the chaos, Miroku turned hi head back. "That's-"

"Sesshoumaru!" Inuyasha yelled.

He was standing there, with Baksaiga in one hand and Tensaiga in the other. Sesshoumaru calmly put Baksaiga away and held Tensaiga at the ready.

Hurukai laughed. "What are you going to do? The power still hasn't been returned!"

Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes.

End Notes:
Kope you guys like it! Reviews and Comments appreciated!
Chapter 22 by Ryrirzuar

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha yelled over at him.

Sesshomaru looked around, and he looked at Kagome. Kagome stepped back. She has a strong miasma around her, yet no one else can see it. Hmph. Pathetic.

"What are you doing here? Get lost!" Inuyasha growled.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yelled at him, turning behind to look at him. "We need all the help we can get!" She stepped close to him and Inuyasha took a startled step back. "I know Sesshomaru and you hate each other, but you have to work together to beat Hurukai!"

Inuyasha growled. "What?! Like I'd work with that bastard!"

"But you need to!" Kagome yelled defiantly. "This is the only chance.."

Kagome's voice was muffled by the wind, but they still argued. Miroku and sango sighed deeply.

"Really, she just broke from Hurukai's spell and they are fighting already?" Miroku huffed. "Such a sad thing indeed,"

Sango nodded her head disapointedly.

"Enough!" Hurukai yelled. Kagome and Inuyasha froze. "I'm tired of this foolishness,"

Sesshomaru lifted Bakusaiga. "Bakusaiga!" Bakusaiga's demonic energy flew out, and it went straight towards Hurukai, destorying the earth in it's path.

"No such luck!" Sesshomaru's attack hit Huurkai's barrier, but it disappeared abruptly, causing no damage. "Thanks to the girl, I have tremendous barrier-creating abilitlies,"

"Stay here Kagome," Inuyasha ordered, positioning Tessaiga in front of him.

Kagome nodded, and Tessaiga's blade started to turn red. He ran towards Hurukai and jumped into the air, yelling a battle cry.

"This is for Kagome!" Inuyasha roared. Tessaiga slammed heavily onto Hurukai's barrier, and it blasted light, shimmering and glowing, and then fading.

Hurukai growled. Even with the girls spiritual powers, he can still break through my barrier? The demon looked at Kagome, who was looking at the battle scene with a determined expression on her face. Is she somehow weakening the power I took from her? Hurukai swiped his claws at Inuyasha with Incredible speed, but with a grunt, Inuyasha was able to dodge it in time.

Inuyasha landed on the ground a few feet away. "Damn it," He rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand, ridding the sweat drops from his face. Inuyasha blinked, and suddenly Sesshomaru ran past him, heading to strike Hurukai. "Wha-What?" Inuyasha growled angrily. "Stay out of the way! Wind Scar!"

Sesshomaru jumped out of the way, and swung his sword at Inuyasha, scowling with hatred.

Inuyasha jumped out of the way, and landed with a thump on the ground. "Why you.."

Sesshomaru charged Hurukai again, and striked him upon his arm. The sword made a screaching noise and Hurukai chuckled.

"My body is an armour! You can even put a scratch!" Hurukai laughed evily, and looked smug. Sesshomaru flew back out of the way, and landed gracefully on the ground. Inuyasha ran past him then, with Sesshomaru in hot pursuit.

Kagome sighed heavily at them, and she turned to look up at Miroku and Sango. "Miroku, Sango!" She yelled up to them.

They floated down a ways, to be in earshot. "What is it Kagome?"

"Can you try to find my bow and arrows?"

Sango nodded, and they shot off into the sky, looked around the area for her lost bow and arrows.

Kagome turned back towards the fight, and growled softly, but to be surprised by a ball of Hurukai's power flying towards her. She took a step back and started to yell.

"Oh no you don't!" Inuyasha yelled, landing heavily from the sky infront of Kagome, raising Tessaiga, roaring. He cut the jet of power in half, and they split of in two different directions. Clouds of dust and a blast of air formed from the impact of the earth with the beam of Hurukai's energy. Inuyasha ran back towards Hurukai, his sword raised over his shoulder.

"Kagome!"

Kagome looked up with an arm over head, shielding herself from the debris. Sango threw the bow down to her. "We couldn't find your arrows!" She yelled with a hand near her mouth to amplify her voice over the wind.

Kagome nodded, and turned back towards Inuyasha and Hurukai. I can do this.. She pulled back her bow and concentrated.

Inuyasha swung his sword at Hurukai's side, but Hurukai put his arm infront as a shield. Inuyasha struck again, but was forced backwards by the impact of Sesshomaru's strike hitting Hurukai. "Damn it Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha yelled over at him.

Suddenly, a sacred arrow appeared behind Hurukai, who's back was turned. It was an arrow made of Kagome's sacred power, and it swirled with power as it hit Hurukai in the back.

"What?"

Kagome's arrow started to purify him, and Sesshoumaru unsheathed Tensaiga and it cut Hurukai in half.

"Wind Scar!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Hiraikotsu!" Sango yelled, and her weapon flew towards Hurukai, with poison flaming from it, and Miroku's sacred sutras plastered on it. It hid Hurukai, finishing him off, and Hurukai yelled, disappearing inside a jet of the Wind Scar and purifying light.

Sesshoumaru sheathed his sword and walked away, disappering, with Inuyasha growling, staring after him.

"Kagome!" Sango yelled.

Inuyasha turned around in surprise, and flinched when he saw Kagome colasped on the ground. "Kagome!" He yelled, running towards her. But he was held back by Miroku and Sango. "What the hell are you doing?" Inuyasha yelled, struggling. "Let me go!"

"Listen to me, Inuyasha! Hurukai is still tied with Kagome's soul! She has to reject his soul from hers, or they will fuse forever! We have to keep our distance, otherwise her aura will disaperate from the disterbance of ours near her!"

"No way!" Inuyasha yelled with dismay. I thought this was over!

End Notes:
Oh snap. Sesshomaru the badass shhowed up. x3 Lol, I hope you guys like this. c:  Reviews, comments, and other things are greatly appreaciated!
Chapter 23 by Ryrirzuar

What's going on? What happened? Kagome thought.

She heard Hurukai chuckle. "I am becoming one with you're soul, girl."

"No way!" Kagome yelled in surprise.

"It's true my body was destroyed, but I was still tied to you, so I will fuse with you forever!"

Kagome shook her head violently. "I wont let you!" Sacred light radiated from her body, making her glow. "I wont let you!"

------------------------------------------

Inuyasha was staring at Kagome intently from a distance, growling fiercely. Damn it. I'm just sitting here while Kagome is trying to resist Hurukai from fusing with her soul!

Sango and Miroku were behind him, also looking at Kagome intently. "I hope she's okay..." Sango replied quietly, her hair blowing softly in the breeze. She narrowed her eyes and frowned, tearing up; just a little. Miroku clenched his fist, and Kilala stepped next to him, hissing.

Damn it! Inuyasha thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I did it.. Kagome thought, her light disappearing. Kagome wasn't hearing Hurukai's voice anymore, nor could she feel his presence.

Im so tired.. She thought, her eyes getting heavy. She started to fall forwards, and she fell headfirst into a never ending darkness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't feel Hurukai's presence anymore," Miroku replied, looking around.

"I don't smell his stench either," Inuyasha replied, not taking his eyes of Kagome. His eyes were wide, and he didn't blink at all. He didn't want to miss any sign of Kagome awakening, none. A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead.

"Did Kagome do it?" Sango murmered, and Miroku and Sango looked back over at Kagome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome was still falling, but the farther she went, the more tired she felt.

And the more warm.

I can't sleep, She weakly protested. Something tells me if I go to sleep... I won't ever wake up. She was still, not moving her body as she fell. There... was something I was supposed to remember, right? Something.. Someone. I.. can't remember... She searched through her mind, but it felt blank. I hope it wasn't important,

Suddenly, a half demon flashed through her mind. He was smiling at her, and she could tell he didn't smile much.

I know him. She thought. That's...

Another image flashed in her mind. It was of the half demon in front of her, protecting her with Tessaiga.

Tessiaga? Kagome gasped. Tessaiga! Inu..yasha? She flinched and gasped recognizedly. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

A bright light circled around her, and the darkness was lit up by her power.

--------------------------------------------------

"What's that?" He suddenly replied, staring over at Kagome.

She started to glow, and a light formed around her. It jumped skyward, and the sky turned a faint pink. After the light cleared, everyone stared in awe.

"The thunder clouds disapeared!" Miroku replied, looking at the sky.

Sango looked around. "So did the ominous wind."

They all looked back at Kagome, who was still laying on the ground.

----------------------------------------------------

Kagome opened her eyes, to be laying on the ground. She stiffly moved her arm.

Inuyasha? ...I remember now! Where is he...? "Inu..yasha..." She murmered, sitting up. She lifted her head, and her eyes widened. Inuyasha was standing a ways away, staring right at her.

"Kagome." He looked at her like he wasn't sure if she was herself. He took a single step forward.

Kagome slowly stood up, and she took a painfull step forward. She flinched, and stopped. "Inuyasha!" She yelled, and started to run towards him.

"Kagome!" She's alright! He thought, running towards her.

They stopped a foot away from each other. Kagome was panting, with tears in her eyes. "Inuyasha..."

"You're-You're okay." Inuyasha whispered, his eyes softening in relief. He grabbed her, and hugged her tight. "Your're okay!" He repeated, his eyes hidden by the shadows.

Kagome wrapped her arms around his back, and hugged him tightly. She rested her head on his chest, and Inuyasha put his cheek against her head. Kagome's tears softly spilled over her face, and she buried her face in his kimono. Inuyasha hugged her even tighter, like he was never going to let go again.

"I wont ever let you go again, Kagome." Inuyasha murmered, lifting his head to look down at her. He narrowed his eyes. "Never again."

Kagome didn't say anything, but kept her face buried in his kimono. She started to shake with exhaustion, and Inuyasha picked her up silently. He turned towards Miroku and Sango. "Lets head back to Lady Kaede's!" He replied.

They jumped onto Kilala and followed, but a little bit ways away from Inuyasha and Kagome.

End Notes:
Reviews and Comments welcome~
Chapter 24 by Ryrirzuar

Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku and Sango all returned back to the village. Kagome slept most of the way, carried by Inuyasha. When they entered the village, Miroku and Sango went to their home, and Inuyasha took Kagome into Kaede's hut. When Inuyasha entered, Kaede was inside, warming a fire. She stood up quickly.

She looked from the sleeping Kagome to Inuyasha stubbornly looking at her. "What did ye go?"

Inuyasha set Kagome down on the small cott Kaede uses, and walked to sit across from Kaede by the small fire. Inuyasha was silent for a moment, but he then explained what happened since she was gone.

Kaede sighed heavily. "I'm glad ye are alright." She poked at the fire tentativley. "All that happened while I was gone?"

"Yeah," Inuyasha yawned, laying on his stomach and propping up his head with his hand. "But it doesn't matter anyways. We're back and Hurukai is gone for good. Who cares."

Kaede smiled and turned to look at Kagome. She scanned her sleeping silhouette. Kagome had one arm over her stomach, while her other arm was raised above her head. Her head was turned to the side, and her hair cascaded out across the floor, like a black water fall. Her breathing was soft and even, and she had a content look on her face. The moon's shine reflected of her face, giving her skin a light that shined.

Kaede smiled in relief, and doused the fire. She stood and grabbed her things, and walke dout the door.

Inuyasha looked behind him to watch her go. Where is the old hag going? He wondered. He shrugged and turned back, closing his eyes.

------------------------------------

Kagome woke, and she slowly sat up and looked around. Inuyasha was asleep by the now burning coals, and chilly air blowed through the hut's door and window. Kagome looked out the window, to see the weak winter sunlight shining through. The snow melted, She thought. Yet it's still cold.

Kagome rubbed her eyes to rid of the last bit of sleep, and stood up, stretching happily. "Well, at least it's not so cold to where I can't go for a walk," She replied, and stepped over the sheets and walked outside. The sunshine hit her face, warming her body. There was a gentle breeze, so it balanced out the warmth of the sun.

It's such a pretty day, Kagome thought, looking at the sky. She took a deep breath.

"Hey."

Kagome turned abruptly, her hair swishing behind her. Her eyes were wide with surprise, but they softened and she smiled. "Inuyasha!" She exclaimed.

Inuyasha grinned and looked down at her side suddenly, his face becoming impassive. "How's you're side?"

Kagome lightly touched her hand to her side subconsciously, and smiled reassuringly. "Much better. I think I'm completely healed!" To prove her point, she flexed her muscles. She suddenly dropped her arms and looked at Inuyasha with concern. "How is your wound?"

Inuyasha turned his head violently to the left. "Keh! As if he could cause so much damage!"

Kagome sighed, but smiled. She turned and started to walk again.

"Hey, where're you goin'?" Inuyasha called after her.

Kagome kept walking. "For a walk." She yawned. "You can come if you want,"

Inuyasha uncrossed his arms and followed her, coming to her side silently.

"So, was Kaede here when we got back last night?" Kagome asked after awhile.

"Yeah. I told her what had happened while she was gone. She left last night, taking her things. I think she went to see a villager or something." Inuyasha replied.

"Hm. Weird." Kagome murmered suspiciously.

"Kagome!"

Kagome turned, and looked up. She smiled happily. "Shippo!"

Shippo crashed into Inuyasha, nocjing him over. He jumped into Kagome's arms, and she hugged him tightly. "It's good to see you!" Kagome exclaimed.

"I heard about everything! Are you okay?!"

Kagome nodded. "Yes, I'm alright. You don't need to worry, okay Shippo?"

Shippo nodded.

"Shippo.." Inuyasha grumbled, standing. He grabbed Shippo by the tail, and punched the little fox demon repeatedly.

"What was that for?!" Inuyasha yelled, growling. "You'll pay for that, you little runt!" He drop-kicked Shippo, and sent him flying into space.

"Inuyasha, sit boy." Kagome calmly comanded.

Inuyasha yelled and hit the ground hard, and stood with dirt all over his face. He clenched his fist. "What's you do that for, Kagome?!"

Kagome crossed her arms and closed her eyes cheekily. "You don't go around dropkicking kids like that!" She yelled.

"He deserved it!" Inuyasha protested, pointing at the sky angrily. "He slammed into me first!"

"Inuyasha, you don't get back at them like that!" Kagome yelled, getting into his face.

"I'd be happy to say hello when you're done bickering," a voice replied.

Inuyasha and Kagome turned, still in their arguing poses, and they fell over in dismay.

Shippo came back from out of nowhere. "It's the old exorcist!"

"What are you doing here?" Kagome asked, and stood.

"I'm here to find a place to settle down and retire," The old lady replied.

Inuyasha jumped infront of the exorcist. "Hah! Like I'd let you stay here! Just go back to where you came from old hag!"

The exorcist narrowed her eyes evily. "I see you're still alive." She revealed her jar of her purifying salt.

Inuyasha cringed and yelled in alarm. He hid behind Kagome, and peaked over her shoulder.

"Inuyasha, sit!"

Inuyasha hit the earth and the ground cracked.

"I swear, you never learn do you?!" Kagome pestered. She turned back towards Madam Exorcist, and left Inuyasha in his frozen state. "This isn't really why you're here, is it?"

Madam Exorcist sighed. "No, I just wanted to see some old friends. I fear my life may be coming to an end in a few months."

Kagome sighed. "Well lets go and find everyone else, then. Come on, Shippo."

"Coming!" He yelled. He jumped over Inuyasha who growled.

"Are you just going to leave me like this?!?" He yelled.

End Notes:
Hope you guys are liking it!  Was it a surprise to see that old bag again? :)  Reviews and comments welcome~!
Chapter 25 by Ryrirzuar

Madam Exorcist met Miroku and Sango's kids, and before long she was heading out.

"Are you sure you should leave now?" Kagome was saying.

Madam Exorcist nodded. "I have to get back." She walked out of Miroku and Sango's home, and walked out of the village.

Everyone waved goodbye. Well, everyone except Inuyasha, who was leaning up against a post. "What a bother," He muttered.

Kagome sighed, putting her arm down. "She sure is a puzzling old lady."

"I fear this was the last time we will see her," Miroku replied.

They all looked back in the direction the exorcist disapeared.

---------------------------------------

Everyone was in the same hut sleeping, just like the old days. Yet Miroku and Sango's kids were added to the picture. A strange cliff avalanche crushed Kaede's hut, so Inuyasha and Kagome slept in Miroku and Sango's hut. Kaede was with a friend.

Kagome was laying on a pile of blankets, wide awake. She blinked, and quietly stood, the blanket covering her silently gliding of her body and hitting the floor. She grabbed her bow and arrows, and walked outside.

Miroku and Sango recently moved, so their hut was by the river. She stared into the swirling dark water, and closed her eyes. She turned, and walked silently towards the woods.

I really need to clear my head, She thought, and looked up at the sky.

"I will always protect Kagome!" Inuyasha's voice echoed through her mind. "Because I love her!" Kagome's eyes widened and she came to a sudden halt when the word love echoed through her mind.

Did-Did he really mean what he said? She walked again, looking down at the ground. Before Hurukai left my body, he told me Inuyasha was lying about that. Of course I didn't believe him, but... There was something there... Something.. strange.

Kagome shook her head violently. "That's crazy! It's obvious Inuyasha cares, I mean, we are married..." She grumbled, blushing.

She looked back up at the stars. Let's just forget about it. She thought.

Kagome walked to the edge of the woods, and made her way through the brush to come to a small clearing with trees spread around in a certain pattern.

She gasped in pleasure. "This will work perfectly!"

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha woke just as Kagome left.

Where's.. Kagome going? He thought drowsily, standing.

He silently peaked outside and saw Kagome walking down the path, heading towards the woods. "What is she up too?" He muttered, following her.

He kept a safe distance, following her silently through the trees.

What in the hell...? Inuyasha exclaimed in his mind as she stopped at a clearing.

----------------------------------------

Kagome strung her arrow, and narrowed her eyes in concentration. Let's see if I can weave the arrow through the line of trees, and hit the last one.

She lifted her bow, and aimed. As soon as she released, her power glowed on the arrow, and headed straight for the tree.

No, don't hit! Kagome gasped.

At the last second, it swirved to the left, and then to the right, dodging the first three trees. It bumped into the fourth, and the head of the arrow buried itself into the tree trunk.

Kagome raised a fist into the air. "Alright!" She cheered. "That's a great start!"

---------------------------------------

Kagome practiced for a long time, using the same arrow over and over.

She raised a new arrow, to make sure she had it down, and was just about to fire when the bushes rustled.

She screamed, and aimed her arrow at the area that made the noise.

A small squirel popped out from the underbrush.

Kagome fell onto her knees. A squirrel? She thought pathetically. I was scared by a squirrel? She sighed, and grabbed her arrows, putting them back over her shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Kagome jumped, and turned towards the voice. She turned to see Inuyasha with his arms in his sleeves, walking towards her. "Inuyasha?" She growled. "Do you realize how much you scared me?!"

"Save it, would ya?" He looked over at the trees Kagome was using, which were starting to smoke. "What were you trying to do?"

Kagome turned to look at the tree, and frowned. "I was trying to do a new techinque."

"Well, you almost have it down. Let's see what you've got."

Kagome narrowed her eyes, and nodded in determination.

I'll do it this time. The air picked up, and a blue light outlined Kagome's body and her bow and arrow. She aimed at the same tree's, and released her arrow.

It swiveled through the trees completely, but circled around to hit the last tree. It blasted a bit of air towards them, and Kagome closed one eye in protection. The light cleared, and a crevice in the tree was all that was left of Kagome arrow.

"Wow!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Not bad Kagome!" Inuyasha replied, looking with wide eyes at the tree.

Kagome yawned.

"We should get back," Inuyasha replied, kneeling so Kagome could get on his back.

She hesitated, but got on eventually. "Why do you want me to ride on your back?" She asked, as he stood.

"Because it'll be faster, and you need rest."

Kagome smiled in appreciation and laid her head against his back, wrapping her arms around his stomach.

Inuyasha's eyes widened in surprise, and he blushed madly. "Ehh.." He hesistated. Inuyasha stayed quiet, but still blushed.

End Notes:
Reviews and Comments welcome~  It's not over just yet. :)
Chapter 26 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome was sitting under the Sacred Tree, her quiver resting beside her, and her bow in her lap.

The wind blew and Kagome closed her eyes, leaning against the tree. It's so peaceful, She thought.

--------------------------------

A peice of wood fell onto a pile of firewood, becoming part of the pile.

Miroku rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand. "There, that should be enough." He turned, and Inuyasha was adding another peice to the pile. "Thanks for your help, Inuyasha."

"Whatever."

Miroku gathered some of the wood in his arms, and walked over to the side of his house and set them in a stack. Inuyasha followed, carrying some of his own. "Where is Kagome?" he asked Inuyasha, walking back to grab more firewood.

Inuyasha looked back, towards the direction of the Sacred Tree. "She went to get some peace and quiet, I guess."

Miroku looked at the direction the Sacred Tree was in, and sighed. "Kagome sure has been acting a little wierd lately," He grabbed the last of the firewood, and place them on the top of the stack.

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since we got back, she's been thinking a lot lately," Miroku explained, walking into his home. It was empty, for Sango had taken their children out for a walk. Inuyasha walked in to, and they both sat down. "I wonder if something happened between her and Hurukai while she was under his spell."

Inuyasha frowned, and looked at the floor.

---------------------------

Kagome sighed.

I better head back soon.

She looked up through the Sacred Tree's limbs, which we're creaking back and fourth in the chilly winter breeze. I hope winter ends soon. It gets so cold.

"Hey."

Kagome looked up, to see Inuyasha standing before her, his arms crossed. "It's pretty cold out here. You shouldn't be by yourself."

Kagome smiled a small smile. "I just wanted to sit under the Sacred Tree." She looked up at the branches, and Inuyasha looked up too. "This tree means more than anything to me, and it's a great place to come and think."

Inuyasha narrowed his eyes, and he lowered his head and looked at Kagome with a scowl on his face.

"What is it?" Kagome asked, looking at him. "Inuyasha?"

"What were you thinking about?" He asked her, not moving his eyes away.

"What?"

"You've been thinking a lot lately, Miroku's even noticed."

Kagome looked at the ground and sighed. "I.."

Inuyasha sat down next to her, still looking at her. "Is something wrong?"

Kagome looked up in surprise, but nodded.

"Well, what is it?" Inuyasha asked her.

"I've been having nightmares lately..."

"Huh?" Inuyasha's eyes widened.

Kagome's eyes were hidden from view. "They.. were about Hurukai, and me being possed."

Inuyasha's eyes softened, but he didn't say anything. Kagome.

"They are always the same." Kagome continued. She lifted her legs and wrapped her arms around them, seeking comfort. Her eyes were in a different place. "Hurukai controling me, killing everyone.." She lowered her head. "Sango, Miroku.. Shippo, Kaede.." She looked at Inuyasha, with sadness and grief in her eyes. "And you, Inuyasha."

"Kagome.." Inuyasha murmered.

Kagome laughed bitterly. "I've tried everything. They just won't go away! I feel like.. He still has a grasp on me even though he's gone for good."

There was a moment of silence, then Inuyasha growled, and stood. "Well we are just going to have to stop these nightmares then."

"Inuyasha?" Kagome looked up and her eyes widened.

Inuyasha was looking ahead. "Let's go talk to Kaede. She will know what to do." He replied, without looking at her.

Kagome nodded and stood, and grabbed her bow and arrows.

-------------------------------

"I don't know what to do." Kaede replied.

"What?!?" Inuyasha growled.

"You said these nightmares have been going on for awhile now, Kagome?" Kaede asked. Inuyasha was still steaming, his pupils narrow slits.

Kagome nodded. "Ever since we got back." She turned her head and looked out the window. It was dark now, and the moon was shining brightly. "They don't feel normal. Like.. I can still feel Hurukai." She turned back towards Kaede, and the fire glowed in her eyes. "It's hard to explain."

"Ye don't need to, child." Kaede replied, shaking her head. "The best thing I can think of is to go to the Sacred Village."

"Sacred Village?" Inuyasha's eyes widened in puzzlement.

"Aye. There is a priest there who purifies certain nightmares, or people who were posessed by a demon."

Inuyasha looked over at Kagome, with a worried expression on his face. Kagome's hands were clenched so tightly her knuckles turned white, and her teeth was clenched. Kagome.. Inuyasha thought.

"Where's this 'Sacred Village'?" Kagome murmered.

Kaede pointed to her right. "To the East. About a two day journey. But beware. Demon's surround that village more than any place else. They are attracted to that priest for some strange reason."

Kagome and Inuyasha nodded. "We'll leave tomorrow." Inuyasha replied.

"Leave to go where, exactly?"

They all jumped. Miroku was standing in the door, holding up the tarp.

"Miroku!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Inuyasha, what's going on?" Miroku asked.

"Ye frightened us, Miroku." Kaede replied. "But to answer your question; Inuyasha and Kagome are going to the Sacred Village."

"What for?" Miroku asked, sitting down next to Inuyasha.

"Kagome has been having unexplainable nightmares lately." Inuyasha replied.

They all turned to look at Kagome. "Is that true, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome nodded. "Yes."

"That sure is strange indeed," Miroku murmered, standing.

"Miroku?"

Miroku walked towards the entrance, and stopped at the door, lifting the tarp. "Me and Sango will go with you."

"What about ye children, Miroku?" Keade asked.

"May you watch them, Kaede?"

Kaede sighed, but nodded. "Alright."

"Thank you." Miroku bowed, and he walked outside.

Inuyasha stood and followed him. "Hey, Miroku!"

Kagome and Lady Kaede stared after them, their eyes wide. "That was wierd." Kagome replied.

Kaede nodded.

"Keh! You and Sango dont have to come with us." Inuyasha replied, walking with Miroku back to his hut.

"Come come, Inuyasha." Miroku mockingly waved a hand in the air. "Dont tell me you want Kagome and you to be all alone."

"Egh-I-" Inuyasha halted and blushed, not knowing what to say. Inuyasha then shook his head violently. "Keh! No! All i'm saying is that you guys don't always have to tag along! You have kids now!"

Miroku stopped at the entrance to his home, and turned to look at Inuyasha. "Friends stick together, Inuyasha." He lifted the curtain, and looked away. "It'll be like the good old days too." He waved and walked inside.

Inuyasha sighed, and turned back to go back to Kaede's hut.

End Notes:
Oh no!  Poor Kagome!  Want to read on? c:  Im updating!
Chapter 27 by Ryrirzuar

"No, I'm begging you! Don't kill me!" A villager wailed, holding a baby.

"Why not?" The stranger cackled.

The female villager cringed, clutching the baby to her breast. She was shaking in fear. Behind them, bodies of people were covered in blood and littered all over the ground. Babies, children, young adults, and the elderly.

"Please," The girl whispered. "I'll do anything you want!"

The strange person.. No. This was not a person, more of an entity.

A monster.

The entity narrowed it's bright red eyes, and lifted it's sword, which already was drenched in blood. It lifted it's sword even higher.

"No! Please!" The lady begged.

The monster struck, and blood flew everywhere. There was an ominous silence, and the creature turned. The shadows were hiding the thing's face, and the sun was setting.

Blood covered it's cheek, and it's hands were suddenly covered in blood.

The entity lifted it's head, and Kagome's face appeared form out of the shadow. Her eyes glowed a bright red, and they flashed. She lunged.

-----------------------------

Kagome woke screaming.

Inuyasha and the others were sleeping, but they jumped awake when Kagome yelled.

"Kagome?!" Miroku asked, startled.

"Kagome?! What the hell..?" Inuyasha growled.

They looked at Kagome, who was realizing where she was. Kagome and everyone else was by the campfire.

That's right. Kagome thought, looking at the fire. We left Kaede's and started our journey to got to the Sacred village. Kagome put her head in her hands, and she shook with fear.

"It was the nightmares again, wasn't it?" Sango asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Kagome nodded. "They've gotten a lot worse." She croaked, not looking up.

"I'm sorry, Kagome." Sango murmured.

Kagome shook her head and looked up at everyone. "I'm the one who should be apoligizing; I woke everyone up."

Miroku shook his head. "No need to apoligize, Kagome."

"Miroku's right. We may not know what you're going through in your nightmares, but we understand." Sango supported, rubbing Kagome's back. "Do you think you can sleep?" Sango asked her.

Kagome shook her head. "No. But you guys go back to sleep... I'll just go get some water." And without another word, Kagome stood and walked away, grabbing a small cloth from her bag.

Sango and Miroku stared after her.

"Inuyasha," Miroku turned to look at him. "You should go and try to comfort her."

Inuyasha nodded, and followed Kagome.

"What should we do, Miroku?" Sango asked, settling back down where she was originally sleeping.

"We've been traveling for a day now. We should get to the Sacred Village tomorrow sometime."

Sango nodded, but frowned. She looked up at the stars. "Poor Kagome."

-----------------------

Please, don't kill me! The female villager's voice echoed through Kagome's mind as she bent over the stream, rubbing her face with the now wet wash cloth.

I would never do anything like that.. Kagome thought, closing her eyes.

She raised her knees and wrapped her arms around them, resting her head on her arms. She held the cloth tightly in her right hand.

I can't get her face out of my mind before I-I..

"Kagome."

Kagome abruptly turned to see Inuyasha walking towards her. She frowned and looked back at the water, not saying anything.

"Are you alright?" Inuyasha asked, sitting dog style. He turned his head to look at her, and frowned when she didn't say anything. "Kagome?"

"No." She whispered.

"What?"

"No," Kagome turned her head and narrowed her eyes in grief. "I'm not alright."

"I really do want to help." Inuyasha replied, looking at the small stream.

Kagome smiled a small smile. "I know."

Inuyasha quickly turned his head to look at her in surprise. Kagome scootched closer to him and leaned against his shoulder. Inuyasha's eyes softened sadly, and he put an arm around her shoulders.

--------------------------------

"There it is!" Kagome yelled on Inuyasha's back.

"Yes, I see it!" Miroku replied from upon Kilala.

Kagome's face was set in determination. Finally..

They landed in the village, which was very happy and cheerful.

"It's very peaceful here," Sango pointed out, smiling.

"Welcome," A villager called, walking towards them. They turned towards the woman, and Kagome's eyes widened.

Kagome took a step back, and whimpered. She looked away, and put her face in her hands, falling to her knees.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried out, running to her side.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, running to her side with Kilala on her shoulder. Miroku followed, leaving the villager looking at them, startled.

"What is it, Kagome?" Inuyasha asked her.

Kagome was shaking violently. "It's h-her.." She whispered, her head still in her hands.

"Who?" Miroku asked.

"The girl in my dream!" Kagome wailed. "The one I-I.."

Everyone gasped. They knew what Kagome was going to say, and they all looked at the female villager. The woman had dark brown hair, and a kimono that had pastel-colored flowers plastered all over it. She had a pretty blue ribbon that circled from the crown of her head to under her neck. Like a head band. Her eyes were a very pretty green, and she had her hands crossed behind her back. She was looking at them, Kagome especially, with concern.

"Is your friend alright?" She asked.

Kagome looked up at her, and stood. "Yes, I-I'm okay.." Inuyasha, Sango and Miroku looked at Kagome, startled.

Kagome walked over to the female villager stiffly. "It's nice to meet you," Kagome continued. "I'm Kagome."

"Nice to meet you!" The girl laughed. "My name is Haruka!"

Kagome looked down and narrowed her eyes.

"Father no!" Haruka yelled.

"Go! Run! Take your little sister before the entity-" The man was slashed in half.

"No!" Haruka wailed.

"Kagome?"

Kagome jerked and turned around, to see everyone looking at her.

"Are you alright, Kagome?" Miroku asked.

Kagome's eyes softened in grief, and she turned to look at Haruka. "I-It's nice to meet you, Haruka."

Haruka smiled cheerfully and giggled. "Is there some specific reason why you travelers are here?"

"We need to see the head priest of this village. The one who can purify nightmares." Inuyasha replied.

Haruka frowned, and looked at Kagome. "Are you the patient then?"

Kagome nodded silently.

"Let's go, then!" Haruka grabbed Kagome's arm and energetically pulled her along through the village, past laughing by-standers, people in shops, and kids running around all over the place.

They walked by a small hill, with flowers blooming everywhere. Up ahead was a huge mansion, with pink flowers at the entrance. Once they reached the entrance, Haruka stopped.

"Here we are!" She replied, looking up at the huge house. "Haruka will see all of you, if you'd like. But he's been acting kind of strange lately."

"What?" Inuyasha asked.

"I'm sure it's nothing!" Haruka waved a hand a walked away. "It was nice to meet you!"

Kagome stared after her, not saying anything.

"Kagome?" Sango asked, reaching a hand out towards her with a worried expression on her face.

Kagome didn't turn around. "I'm fine." She started walking again, and they followed.

When they went through the gate, the temperature got extremely cold.

"Somethings not right.." Miroku murmered.

"Welcome to my home!" A voice shouted.

Inuyasha put a hand on Tessaiga instinctively, and growled softly. "I don't like this," He replied.

"My name is Akumakuusoka, I can pruify your darkest nightmares." The voice spoke.

Light surged toward Inuyasha, Kagome, and Miroku and Sango. A ball of light formed around each of them.

"What the hell?" Inuyasha yelled.

Sango started to lift into the air, and was sharply pulled in towards the castle's entrance.

"Miroku!" She screamed.

"No! Sango!" Miroku yelled. He tried to break free, but the barrier was too strong. He was pulled of into another direction of the castle.

"No Miroku!" Kagome yelled.

Inuyasha was trying to use Tessaiga to break free, but he failed. "Damn it!" He growled.

"Inuyasha, what are we going to-" Kagome was suddenly jerked backwards, flying through the air and into the castle.

"No, Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. His Tessaiga turned red, and he slashed at the barrier but that didn't work either. Suddenly he was sent forwards, and Tessaiga was left behind as Inuyasha flew into the walls of the castle, and everything went black.

End Notes:

Oh boy!  Another problem has occured!! Will they get out of it?

(Reviews and comments wanted)

Chapter 28 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome opened her eyes to be laying in a dark stone corridor.

"What the?" Kagome stood, grabbing her bow from the floor. She reached for her quiver, but paused. Why are there only two arrows left? She thought, biting her lip. She looked up. I have to find the others!

She started to run down the stone corridor, and before long there was a door at the end. She reached to slide it open, but her fingers slipped. She had to push harder to slide it open, and it finally gave and she ran through. As soon as she entered, there was a staircase that led upstairs. Kagome ran up them, and entered the hallway of the castle above ground. There were two diffrent ways she could go; both of them had doors lining the walls.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "Miroku! Sango!" Kagome ran to her right, and threw open the first door. Nothing. She left it open and went to the next, and the next, and the next. Yet she couldn't find any of them. She stopped, bending over, gasping for air.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled again.

No one answered.

-----------------------------------------

What the hell..? Inuyasha thought. What.. What happened?

Inuyasha opened his eyes.

And cried out.

He was surrounded in fire, smoke was filling his lungs.

"Kagome!" He yelled.

Is she in this fire?

"Kagome!" He yelled again, coughing.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha's eyes widened, and he ran in the direction of her voice. "Kagome?!" He called out. "Where are you?"

Suddenly the fire snuffed out, and the smell of blood overwhelmed him.

Kagome's blood.

Inuyasha's fear grew. "Kagome!" He yelled, surrounded in total darkeness.

Suddenly, a light beamed down form the sky, and he saw Kagome lying there on the ground. She was covered in blood. Her mouth was running blood, her body was slashed up, and her eyes were clouded over. She was laying in a pool of blood, and she was sprawled out in a weird position.

Inuyasha's eyes widened in dismay, and blood appeared on his cheek and claws. His eyes shook, and he took a step back. "W-What?" He choked out, not able to breathe.

What's going on? He thought.

"Kagome!" He yelled, running to her side. He lifted her up, and looked into her empty eyes. "Kagome!" He gasped in disbelief. She turned her head, yet they were still clouded over.

"You let me die. You didn't protect me." She whispered.

And then she was silent forever.

"What? Kagome? Kagome!" She slowly faded away, and another light appeared.

It was of Miroku and Sango, covered in blood aswell, holding their kids. Miroku stiffly moved his head to look at him.

"Why did you do this, Inuyasha?" Miroku croaked. "Why?" They faded too, and Inuyasha was sent into a pit of fire.

--------------------------------------------

Kohaku? Sango thought.

Kohaku was tied and bound, and so was she. She was in the middle of someones courtyard, with a group of men surrounding her and Kohaku.

A man walked forward with a sword, and it gleamed in the moonlight.

"What's going on?" Sango yelled at them. "What are you doing?"

The man chuckled, and his eyes turned red. He walked over to Kohaku, and raised his sword.

"Sango! Help me!" Kohaku yelled.

Sango started to sob suddenly. "Leave him alone!" Sango strained against her chains, trying to break free. "Don't hurt him!"

"Too late," The soldier snarled.

He brought down the sword, and he beheaded Kohaku.

"Kohaku!" Sango yelled, crying and sobing. Suddenly the world went red, and all of the soldiers disapeared. She was just surrounded by a red world. She stood, still crying.

"Hello?" She called out, walking.

She tripped on something infront of her, and fell to land on the ground. She turned to see what it was, only to gasp in disbelief. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Kilala, Shippo, and her children were laying in a pile, all of their heads beheaded.

"No.." She whispered, backing away. "No!"

She stood and ran, running and running into red.

-----------------------------

Kagome slammed open another door, only to be unsuccessful again.

Where are they?! She thought with despair.

"Give me my friends back!" Kagome yelled into the air.

"I think I will keep them." Akumakuusoka whispered evily. "Now hush. They are dreaming, let them be."

"Dreaming?"

"Precisly. I am letting them dream, well.. I'm letting them dream their most feared thoughts, and I'm turning them into nightmares."

"Let my friends go!" Kagome yelled. She ran down another hallway. I've checked five hallways already! This place is like a maze! She thought nervously.

"Quit running around!" Akumakuusoka yelled.

Kagome didn't stop, and threw open another door, and ran inside when she saw a door in the room.

"Miroku! Sango! Inuyasha! If you can hear me, wake up!"

Kagome's words echoed throught the castle, and into a room where Sango and Miroku were both being kept, with roots covering their wrists and ankles, suspending them in the air.

End Notes:
Chapter 28!  I hope you guys like it! :)
Chapter 29 by Ryrirzuar

"Why didn't you lose you're wind tunnel, Miroku?" Sango asked, concered.

"I dont know..." Miroku wondered, looking at Sango. Suddenly their kids appeared in her arms, and his wind tunnel opened. "Oh no, run Sango!" He yelled.

But it was too late.

Sango and his kids were sucked up, and Sango screamed as she entered his hand.

"No!" He yelled. "I thought we defeated Naraku and I lost the Wind Tunnel! A-And-"

Suddenly Inuyasha and Kagome appeared, and they started to lift off the ground.

"No! Inuyasha, Kagome!" Miroku tried to move his arm away, but he was immobilized.

Inuyasha stuck Tessaiga into the ground, but the earth lossened and Inuyasha and Kagome were sucked inside.

Miroku's arms was sucked in, then he was quickly swallowed.

He fell in darkness, and he felt pain stabbing him everywhere.

Wake up! A voice echoed.

Kagome? Miroku thought. He widened his eyes in recognition.

That's right! We were trapped by Akumakuusoka! Miroku remembered watching Sango being sucked into the castle.

I have to save her!

A light appeared, and Miroku was sent flying upwards.

------------------------------

Sango was being chased by the spirits of the dead, her friends included.

"You let us die." They chanted. "You didnt save any of us! Even your brother or children!"

"Leave me alone!" Sango yelled.

"

Wake up!"

Kagome? Sango wondered. That's right! Miroku and everyone was sucked into the castle! This is a nightmare! I have to wake up!

The same strange light appeared, and she was sucked backwards.

-------------------------

"Sango?"

Sango opened her eyes, to see Miroku and Kilala on his shoulder.

"Miroku! You're alright!" She said with relief. She sat up, and looked all around her. Roots littered the floor and ceiling.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"In one of the rooms Akumakuusoka put us in."

Sango found her Hirakotsu not far, and she lifted it over her shoulder. "We have to find Inuyasha!"

"Wait Sango!" Miroku called before she could open the door. "Did you hear Kagome's voice? In your nightmare?"

Sango nodded and looked at the door. "Yes, it's what woke me up."

Miroku nodded. "The same for me. I heard her voice and the realization hit me. She must be awake and looking for us."

"We need to find Inuyasha and Kagome! Most likely Inuyasha is still in his nightmare!"

------------------------------

Kagome. Inuyasha thought. I'm so sorry I let you die!

He held a limp Kagome in his hands the one of many he's seen, but this one didn't fade away.

Inuyasha was crying, tears falling and landing on Kagome's face.

Please wake up. Please! He begged, but Kagome stayed still.

"

Inuyasha!" A voice echoed.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha looked up, and a silver light bathed him.

"

Inuyasha!" Kagome's voice echoed.

"Where are you Kagome?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Wherever you are,

wake up!" He heard her yell.

Wake up? He thought.

His eyes widened.

That's right!

"Kagome!" He yelled.

A light outlined his body, and he was sent flying upwards.

End Notes:

Chapter 29!!!  I hope you guys are enjoying this! :)

Chapter 30 by Ryrirzuar

Kagome threw open a door and gasped, to find a villager tied to the roof.

"I'll save you!" She yelled.

Kagome strung an arrow, and released. It cut off all of the roots, and the person fell to the ground.

Kagome ran and kneeled on the ground next to the human. A girl.. Kagome now noticed.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kagome turned her over onto her back, and jumped back.

She's dead.

Kagome looked up at the ceiling with a scowl on her face. "Akumakuusoka!" She yelled in anger. "How dare you!"

Kagome jumped up and ran out of the room, searching other doors.

This is the last hallway, She thought. They have to be here somewhere!

She opened the first door, and without thinking, ran inside. As soon as she entered, roots grabbed her arms and legs, pulling her to the ceiling.

---------------------------------------

Inuyasha opened his eyes, to be suspended in the air, with roots wrapped around his body.

"What the?!" He yelled in alarm. He struggled to get free, and one of the limbs snapped that was on his arm. "Damn it!" He cursed.

He heard a scream.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. "Kago..me!" He snapped the last limb off his right arm.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" He dropped to the ground, and pulled out Tessaiga's sheath. "Come, Tessaiga!" Inuyasha waited, then Tessaiga sailed threw the paper wall and slid into it's sheath. He slammed the door open, and ran down the hallway. "I'm coming, Kagome!" He yelled.

------------------------------

Miroku and Sango sped up when they heard Kagome scream.

"Oh no! Something happened to Kagome!" Miroku replied, running alongside Sango, who had Kilala on her shoulder. "How are we going to find Inuyasha?" He asked.

"Kilala! Do you think you can smell Inuyasha?" Sango replied, looking at Kilala.

Kilala mewed, and jumped off her shoulder, transforming into her giant feline form. She roared, and led the way.

------------------------------

I can't smell Kagome! Inuyasha thought. But I can smell Sango and Miroku's scent!

"Miroku! Sango!" He called out.

Inuyasha ran right into Kilala, who knocked him backwards and into a wall.

Miroku and Sango came around the corner. "Inuyasha!" Sango exclaimed. "Are you alright?"

Inuyasha stood. "Damn. You could have stopped, you know!" He looked at Kilala. "You okay Kilala?"

Kilala gave a reasurring growl.

"Did you find Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

"No." Miroku shook his head.

Inuyasha growled. "I can't smell her scent at all! There's no trace of it!"

"And I can't sense her sacred power at all, either." Miroku murmered.

Sango looked around. "Let's split up. We can cover more ground faster if we all split up." She pointed behind her. "I'll go back this way. Inuyasha you can go on ahead and Miroku you can take the other corridor. I'm sure the main corridors break off into smaller ones, so we have to move quick!"

Everyone nodded. Sango jumped on Kilala and ran off, and Miroku took ran off into the corridor nearby. Inuyasha kept moving forward, and ran through the biggest hallway.

When he reached the end, there was two smaller hallways lined with doors.

I still can't smell her scent! Did Akumakuusoka mask her scent? He threw open a door to a room, which was empty.

"Where are you, Kagome?!" He yelled.

--------------------------------

"Let me go!" Kagome yelled. Kagome's sacred powers swirled around her, and the roots dissolved, and she dropped to the ground. I can't fall asleep! If that happenes, I'll dream about my nightmares and won't be able to wake up! Kagome ran out of the room, and down the hallway. I still need to find the others!

Kagome ran to the end of the hallway, and there was a door. She couldn't tell if she had been here before; everything looked the same. She was gasping for breath; for some odd reason she couldn't breathe.

It's the roots, She thought. They must have injected something into me...

Kagome ran through the room, and it opened into the main entrance. It was a huge place, with hallways connected everywhere.

The horrible realization hit Kagome. That whole time, I only searched half of the castle?!

She fell to her knees and was heaving for breath. Her shoulders shook violently, and she could barely breathe.

I can't black out! She thought. I can't!

She stood, but she fell again. The room spun, and Kagome coughed. She took a deep breath.

"Inuyasha!" She screamed. "Inuyasha!" Kagome coughed again, and her vision started to get blurry.

"Because of you, you're friends are awake!" Akumakuusako's voice growled. He manifested infront of her, and Kagome scootched backwards, afraid.

He had dark gray skin, and was wearing a pitch black kimono. His eyes were as red as blood, and he had a horn on the left side of his forehead. He didn't carry a weapon, but he had a necklace around his neck. It had claws along the string, and it had a red gem at the bottom. The gem glowed.

Akumakuusako took it off and put it the necklace in his kimono, but Kagome could still see the glow over his kimono. Kagome's eyes twitched in pain, and she coughed again. She clenched her teeth, struggling to stay awake.

"You better fall asleep soon so you can dream." Akumakuusako spat. He raised a hand, and Kagome's body pulsed violently. She couldn't breathe; she was literally gasping for air.

I can't... Her mind whispered. I can't fall asleep... Or I'll have nightmares...

Akumakuusako clenched his fist, and Kagome rose in the air like she was being choked. Her lungs were about ready to burst. She coughed again, more weakly.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha's voice echoed. Kagome froze, straining her ears to listen.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled again.

Kagome summoned with all of her might. "Inuyasha!" She screamed.

That was all she could muster, because she blacked out.

End Notes:
I hope you guys have enjoyed this story so far. :)  It is actually almost over soon. :(
Chapter 31 by Ryrirzuar

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called. He heard her yelling for him, but he caught Akumakuusako's scent. And when he did, Kagome didn't respond to any of his calls anymore.

He ran through a small hallway, running with all his might, his feet pounding the floor.

"Kagome!" He called again, running into the entrance room. "Kago-" Inuyasha stopped.

Kagome was entangled in a column of roots, across the room, bleeding. The pointed roots were peirced through her hand and were cutting her skin. The roots stretched from the floor to the ceiling, and Akumakuusako was sitting in a thrown next to her.

Rage filled Inuyasha's heart. "What did you do to Kagome?!" Inuyasha yelled, glaring at Akumakuusako.

Akumakuusako looked at Inuyasha amuzingly, with a hand on his cheek. He looked lazily over at Kagome. "All she's doing is dreaming."

"Bastard." Inuyasha snarled, unsheathing Tessaiga. "Let her go!"

Akumakuusako sighed dramatically, still looking at Kagome. "Then I'd be bored just like I was for the past few years," He turned his head and looked back at Inuyasha, smiling. "Her nightmares are especially tasty." He narrowed his eyes, and they flashed red.

"Damn you to hell!" Inuyasha yelled, charging. He raised his sword, and brought it down heavily onto Akumakuusako. At the last second, though, the demon dodged and appeared a few feet away.

Damn. He's a lot faster than I thought. Inuyasha thought bitterly.

"Did you know, that girl has a lot more nightmares than you think?" Akumakuusako hissed slyly.

"What's that?" Inuyasha adjusted Tessaiga, and it gleamed in the firelight of the torches.

"It's not just during the night. They haunt her during the day, no matter how much she hides it." Akumakuusako looked at Kagome with hunger, his eyes growing wide with desire. "They were slowly driving her into madness."

Inuyasha glanced at Kagome in disbelief. He really looked at her, seeing how torn she was.

Inuyasha's eyes widened. How could I have not seen Kagome like this?!

"Her nightmares were so bad, she cried in her sleep without even knowing!"

"Shut up!" Inuyasha yelled, charging at him. "Leave Kagome alone, let her go! Wind Scar!"

The Wind Scar flew right through Akumakuusako, and the demon shimmered and regained solid form.

"What?" Inuyasha cried out.

The demon chuckled. "You can't touch me!" He kicked Inuyasha in the gut with incredible force, and Inuyasha was scent flying backwards into the opposite wall.

"You know, Hurukai really did damage on her." Akumakuusako looked down at inuyasha with a smirk. "She never healed, not even close!" Inuyasha lifted his head, and started to stand. "Even if you did kill Hurukai, his visions entered Kagome's mind and tortchered her!" Akumakuusako spat.

Kagome was still unawake, but her eyes started to poor watery tears.

What's happening to Kagome?

"Tsk, tsk." Akumakuusoka shook a finger. "She's so far into her nightmares right now she's crying. Only people with tormented souls do that."

Kagome's soul is... tormented?!

Inuyasha swung Tessaiga suddenly, trying to get the element of surprise. But it sailed through Akumakuusoka and hit the wall. Inuyasha's head was lowered, but he was growling deeply.

Kagome never healed. She was suffering that whole time! And... Kagome's suffering right now!

Inuyasha lifted his head, and Tessaiga started to turn purple. Akumakuusoka narrowed his eyes in puzzlement.

"What is this?" Akumakuusoka hissed softly, taking a step back.

Inuyasha raised Tessaiga. "You've been watching us for days, so you thought you knew all of our tricks, including Tessaiga's attacks." Inuyasha snarled, charging. "But you didn't see everything! Meido Zangetsuha!"

"What?" Akumakuusako yelled. A Meido appeared, slicing right through him. He was sucked in, and Meido closed.

Silence.

Inuyasha was panting, but he quickly put Tessaiga away. "Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, running over to her. He reached for her, but a barrier made him stumble backwards. "A barrier?!"

Inuyasha growled in frustration. What's going on? Akumakuusoka is dead, but why is his barriers still working?!

----------------------------------

Kagome couldn't take it.. She couldn't take the images anymore. They were all so awful.

She was crawling away, blood covering her, from people

she killed. She stood, shaking and frightened. She ran away, tears flowing from her. The horrible thing was, was that those turned to blood aswell. Kagome couldn't flee from it, it was like she was being followed by the nightmares, and she couldn't escape from them.

Her life felt like it was fading away, and she couldn't do

anything about it.

End Notes:
Wow, Chapter 31. o.o  Lol, hope you like it~! <3
Chapter 32 by Ryrirzuar

"Kagome!" Inuyasha called out her name again, for what seemed to be the hundreth time. He struck the barrier-breaking Tessaiga at the barrier again, and it sank straight through. For one hopeful moment Inuyasha thought he had done it, but he spoke to soon for Tessaiga was forced back outside the barrier.

This is the wierdest barrier I've ever ever seen, Inuyasha growled. He looked up at Kagome, and his frustration and desperation grew. Kagome..

"She never healed, not even close!" Inuyasha closed his eyes tightly. "Even if you did kill Hurukai, his visions entered Kagome's mind and tortchered her!" Akumakuusako spat.

Inuyasha clenched his fists. I refuse to believe she's gone! She's still alive I know it!

"Wake up Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled. "Fight it, Kagome! You have to!"

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha abruptly turned to see Miroku and Sango approaching.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"What's wrong with Kagome?"

"We have to save her! And fast!" Inuyasha commanded, looking back at Kagome.

"Combine your Tessaiga with my sacred sutras, Inuyasha!" Miroku commanded, understanding the situation immediatley.

Inuyasha did just that, and focused, lifting Tessaiga.

I won't let her die! Inuyasha's mind screamed. He hit the barrier with all his might, and it instantly shattered and disappeared.

"Inuyasha! Meet us out front with Kagome! We found some survivors in here, so me and Sango are going back." Miroku replied, already running.

Inuyasha nodded, watching them go, then ran over to Kagome. He cut her loose quickly, his fear growing as she looked paler and paler even as he released her. Inuyasha's legs felt like led, so he dropped to the ground, while holding Kagome.

"Kagome! Kagome, wake up!" Inuyasha replied shaking her. "Wake up Kagome!"

Kagome didn't stir, and her tears fell even heavier. Inuyasha's eyes shook, and he swallowed heavily. "Kagome!" He choked out, holding her tightly. Don't you dare die on me! Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled helplessly. He hugged her tightly. Kagome... No... don't..

His whole body shook with grief, and he clutched onto Kagome tightly. Was I.. too late?

Inuyasha's eyes suddenly came into view, and they were full of tears. "Don't you leave me Kagome! I-I.." Inuyasha looked into her face, which was lifeless. "I need you with me Kagome! I need you by my side! So don't die on me!" His tears poured over, and they landed on Kagome's cheek.

Please.

---------------------------------------

Kagome was still running, but she tripped, and collasped on the earth.

Half of her body was starting to fade, and Kagome was crying out in despair.

"I'm going to die!" Kagome whispered with terror.

"Wake up, Kagome!"

A light appeared above her, and it shoved her nightmare apparitions away from her, and her soul started to appear again.

"Inu-Inuyasha?" Kagome called out.

"Don't you dare die on me!"

Kagome's eyes widened. "I.." She looked at the light, and then she set her face in determination.

"I won't die, Inuyasha! I promise!"

She reached a hand towards it, and she was suddenly sucked forward.

---------------------------------

Inuyasha clutched Kagome tightly.

If only.. If only I had gotten here sooner, not gotten captured so easily... I could have saved her. She saved me when I was captured in the same way, but I didn't save her. I let her down. She was suffering for so long, yet she put on a brave smile and took it herself. Inuyasha clutched her tighter, his tears falling on her kimono. Kagome. You died in those nightmares, your soul being devoured. And it's all my fault.

"Inu..yasha.." Kagome barely whispered.

Inuyasha jerked his head up with incredible force, and looked straight at Kagome. "Kagome?" His breath caught. He sucked in a breath, and released his hold on her gently. His eyes widened when Kagome shakily opened her eyes, even though the tears kept falling.

"Inuyasha..." Kagome murmered, stonger now.

Inuyasha smiled with relief. "You're-" he kissed Kagome, pulling her close to him. He clutched her tightly, and his tears mixed with Kagome's. Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's kimono, pulling him closer.

They pulled away, and Inuyasha smiled down to her. "You're alive. You're okay..."

"Inuyasha." Kagome said weakly. "Were you crying?"

"So what if I was?" Inuyasha protested. He widened his eyes quickly, because Kagome reached inside her kimono.

She pulled out a hankerchief, and lifted it shakily towards his face. She wiped them off, and laid her hand on her chest, clutching the cloth tightly. "There," She replied hoarsely.

Inuyasha's eyes softened. "Kagome," He murmered. He used his thumb to get rid of Kagome's tears. "I let you get almost killed. I would never forgive myself if you.."

Kagome weakly turned on her side in his lap.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, his arms close to her just in case she collasped.

Kagome hugged him tightly, resting her head on his chest. "I'm so glad you're okay," she whispered. "When Akumakuusoka made me black out, I thought I didn't wake you up." Her eyes watered. "I thought I wasn't powerful enough to save you or everyone else." She sat back on her knees and looked at Inuyasha. "But it looks like you're okay..." She smiled. "I'm so glad."

Inuyasha grabbed her hands and pulled her in for another hug. He pulled Kagome into his lap, and he wrapped his arms around her. He rested his cheek against her forehead. "You almost died, yet you're worried about me?" Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. "I'm sorry I left you alone, Kagome."

Kagome's eyes teared up. "But you came. That's what matters, Inuyasha." She pulled back, and looked him in the eyes softly. "You always do."

"Kagome..."

Inuyasha picked her up, and held her tight.

"Inuyasha?" She asked weakly. She couldn't even move she was so beat up, her body and soul.

"What?" Inuyasha answered, walking outside and stopping near the gate. He sat, and put Kagome into his arms.

"Is it okay.. If I sleep?" Kagome asked him quietly.

Inuyasha nodded. "Yes. And remember I'm right here. I will never leave you, Kagome." He replied defiantly.

Kagome nodded, and smiled sleepily.

I have a feeling I will have good dreams.

End Notes:

Last chapter for tonight, I think. :)  I'm still writiing the next, which is also hoing to be the last, so stay tuned!!

 Reviews and Comments welcomed~!

Chapter 33 (Final) by Ryrirzuar

Kagome woke, and she widened her eyes in surprise. She was in Kaede's hut, and no one was there. A fire was going in the middle of the room, and she sat up to look around. Kagome felt her cheek, and a bandage lay there. She also had bandages around her hands, and remembered when she was entangled in Akumakuusoka's dream roots. Kagome then felt the cloth she was laying on, and wondered when she got here. She looked down at her lap, and a blanket rest there.

Someone must have put a blanket over me, then. She thought. Who was it? Kaede?

She stood slowly, and a headache vibrated through her head suddenly. "Ouch.." She muttered, putting a hand to her head. Walking outside, Kagome watched the snow fall steadily. She smiled and looked around.

The village is active today. She thought, watching villagers trudge through the snow and into their huts, where fires glowed through the windows.

She took a deep breath, an released it through her mouth. A cloud of vapor formed, but slowly faded away into the atmosphere. She shivered, realizing how cold it was outside.

"I wonder where everyone is." Kagome thought amusingly, ignoring the cold.

She looked into the sky, and smiled. She didn't feel anything strange, just a nice peace and quiet. She hadn't dreamt any nightmares, either. She had wonderful dreams, full of light and warmth. She turned and walked in the direction of the sacred tree, still smiling. She crossed her arms, trying to stay warm. Kagome didn't care for the cold, she was just content and warm inside. She breathed deeply; even the cold air turned warm inside of her, she was so peaceful.

She looked towards the trees, still walking. The Sacred Tree peaked higher than the others, clearly visible. I'll go sit under the sacred tree... She said in her mind, walking through the snow. Her red and white kimono was new, she noticed. Someone must have changed it when Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, and herself came back here.

I must have slept the whole way back

Kagome continued to walk through the trees; shivering, yet content on her desires.

------------------------------------

Inuyasha was running through the frosted forest, smiling yet concentrating on the route he was taking. He had a present for Kagome in his hand, and he clutched it tightly, afraid he might let go of it.

I can smell Kagome's scent, He thought. She must be awake, and walked out to the sacred tree, looking for me. Kagome... Inuyasha smiled.

I'm coming. I always will come, Kagome.

-----------------------------------

Kagome sat under the sacred tree, resting. Despite how cold it was, she was resting comfortably between the Sacred Tree's roots, her head rested against the tree. Her hands were clasped together in her lap, her legs outstretched. Kagome smiled and looked around, watching the beautiful snow fall to the ground.

Then something even more beautiful appeared.

Inuyasha appeared at the edge of the clearing, and he said nothing, walking towards her.

"Inuyasha.." Kagome murmered in surprise.

Inuyasha nealed down on one knee next to her. "Kagome, it's freezing out here! Why don't you have a coat or somethin'?" He pulled off the top part of his kimono and rested it over Kagome's shoulders. "That won't help much, but.." He settled in next to her, and Kagome looked up at him.

"What?" Inuyasha asked, looking at her puzzled.

"Won't you get cold?"

"Keh. I'll be fine." Inuyasha said.

Kagome smiled. "Thank you."

Inuyasha blushed embarisingly. "I just gave you my kimono, that's all. You don't have to get all mushy."

Kagome looked back out to the woods, and smiled dispite his tone.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Inuyasha asked quietly.

Kagome turned her head and looked at him in surprise, but recovered and smiled reassuringly. "Yes. The best I've had in awhile. I.. I dreamt about happy things, things I would look forward to."

Inuyasha looked endearingly at her. "What did you dream about?"

Kagome blushed suddenly, and scratched her forehead, extremely embarissed. "Umm..."

She thought of her dream, and blushed even more. Her dream had been about her and Inuyasha, completely passionate and in love.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

Kagome sighed pathetically. Might as well. "It was... about... me and... you.." She blushed even more.

Inuyasha blinked, and blushed a little himself. "I-Um.." Inuyasha rubbed the back of his head, not looking at her.

Suddenly Kagome sneezed, and he turned back and looked at her with concern. "Are you getting a cold from sitting out here for so long?" He put an arm around her in comfort, and looked softly down at her.

Kagome tensed in surprise, but smiled, and leaned against him, narrowing her eyes softly. She closed her eyes, taking in his warmth gratefully.

"Here, Kagome."

Inuyasha outstretched his hand, and in his palm was a beautiful flower. It was pure white, with a deep green colored stem. Kagome gasped with wonder, and gently picked it out of his hand. She stared down at it, and lifted it to her noes to smell it.

Inuyasha smiled, and looked at Kagome happily. "It's a snow flower. They're really rare around here, and only show up once every few years."

"You got me this?" Kagome asked, amazed. "It's beautiful, Inuyasha.." Kagome stuck it in her ear, and smiled. I'll put it in water, so I can keep it for a long time.

Inuyasha, happy she liked it, smiled softly once more and looked at the flower in her hair. The snow continued to fall steadily, and they sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company.

Inuyasha frowned suddenly at a thought he just had. "Kagome?"

"Hm?" Kagome responded sleepily.

"Why didn't you tell me about your nightmares? And how.. you suffered even during the day?"

Kagome looked up at him sadly.

His voice lowered. "You could have told me."

Kagome shook her head. "I know, but I couldn't."

"Why the hell not?"

"I didn't want anyone to know because.. I thought I had to deal with it alone. I thought no one knew what I was going trough, and thought I could get through it by myself." She smiled. "But I see now that I can rely on my friends to help. I realized that a long time ago that I could rely on you all, but something, or someone held me back from saying anything."

Inuyasha growled in annoyance, and crossed his arms. "You still could have told me." He complained.

"I know. I'm sorry."

Inuyasha looke dover at her suddenly, and his expression softened. He noticed Kagome was shivering again, so he stood.

"What are you doing, Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, surprised.

"Let's get you back to Kaede's. You'll catch a cold." And with Inuyasha's fire rat robe still over Kagome's head, Inuyasha bent his knees so Kagome could climb on.

Kagome did so, and Inuyasha ran back through the woods and through the snow back to Kaede's hut. Kagome hopped off his back and walked into Kaede's hut, to see the fire still going.

Kaede wasn't there though, so it was just Inuyasha and Kagome. She walked and sat back against the wall, and Inuyasha joined her. Kagome handed him his robe, and Inuyasha hesitated before putting it back on. Kagome still had the flower in her hair, so she took it out, and held it in her fingers.

Inuyasha looked at the flower, then at Kagome. His face softened, and he put his hand over Kagome's. Kagome and Inuyasha intertwined their fingers, and leaned against each other. They closed their eyes and Kagome smiled silently.

"Kagome, I-I.." Inuyasha narrowed his eyes in exasperation, yet his features were still soft.

Kagome lifted her head and looked at him, leaning against his shoulder.

They looked into each others eyes silently, and Inuyasha blushed slightly.

"I love you, Kagome." He blurted out.

Kagome widened her eyes in surprise, and blushed herself. "Inuyasha..."

Inuyasha looked down at her, his face set in a determined expression, despite his blushing.

Kagome recovered her shock and she smiled. "I love you too." She whispered.

Inuyasha smiled and his dog ears slumped with relief. Inuyasha clutched her hand tighter.

They leaned closer and closer, and Inuyasha kissed her gently. The fire light flickered over their faces and reflected off their hair. Still kissing, Kagome leaned closer to Inuyasha, dropping the flower.

When they pulled away, Inuyasha hugged her tightly and Kagome leaned against him, clutching the back of his kimono tightly with her hands.

"I'll be with you always, Inuyasha." Kagome murmered, and in responce Inuyasha tightened his hold on her.

"I will never leave you Kagome." Inuyasha replied. "I'll always be here."

They stayed like that, and they fell asleep in each others arms, hugging each other tightly.

End Notes:

Awww, was that sweet? c':  Geez, the been through so much in the past couple of weeks, my gosh. x.x  Anyways, final chapter, hope you enjoyed it! :D

 Reviews and comments I will very much like~! <3

 If you guys like it enough I will make an "Epilogue"! ^^

 PLEASE can I have some reviews?!?  Pleeeaaseeeee???? ;w;

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2187