Aren't you a little young? by Shippolover570
Summary:

After manga ends.

Inuyasha and Kagome have a daughter named Mizuki. When she goes to school for the first time and meets a sickly young girl named Tomoko. What happens when Mizuki finds out her friend's secret and what will they do? 


Categories: Angst/ Drama, Action/ Adventure Characters: Custom
Challenges: None
Series: Mizuki's Life. From Birth to Death
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 7351 Read: 51078 Published: 06 Aug 2011 Updated: 28 Aug 2012
Story Notes:
Second of the series~~!!!

1. Chapter 1: Meeting Tomoko by Shippolover570

2. Chapter 2: Tomoko's secret, Revealed!! by Shippolover570

3. Chapter 3: Mizuki and Tomoko's Plan!! by Shippolover570

4. Chapter 4: In Kyoto!!! Mizuki's new job!! by Shippolover570

5. Chapter 5: Kagome and Inuyasha's trip to Kyoto!!! by Shippolover570

6. Chapter 6: The chase for the black haired girl! by Shippolover570

7. Chapter 7: Mizuki's Fever and Tomoko's Worry~ by Shippolover570

8. Chapter 8: Mizuki's Illness and Kagome's Chase! by Shippolover570

9. Chapter 9: Mizuki's Memory and Tomoko's Jealously. by Shippolover570

Chapter 1: Meeting Tomoko by Shippolover570

"Mommy!! Daddy!! Wake up!!" Mizuki whispered to her sleeping parents.

"No more.....ramen." Inuyasha mumbled as he tossed over to his side.

Just then, Shippo came through the window.

"They won't wake up? Let me handle things." Shippo said as he came close the bed.

"Be gentle!" Mizuki whispered.

"Ok," Shippo said as Mizuki left the room.

"With Kagome." Shippo smirked as he shook Kagome lightly.

"Wha?" Kagome mumbled as she woke up.

"Mizuki wants you down stairs." Shippo said.

"Ok," Kagome said as she wobbled toward the steps.

Shippo took a deep breathe and shouted with all his might;

"INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS YOUR WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!!! YOU BETTER ANSWER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Inuyasha nearly fell of the bed. Inuaysha was awake and mad.

"SHIPPO!!!!!! YOU LITTLE!!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he chased him around the room.

"Shippo!! I told you to be gentle!!" Mizuki said as she walked into the room.

"I couldn't help myself!!" Shippo grinned.

"I'm going to help myself to your head!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he came close to his head.

"Daddy!! You said Only to hit when threated!" Mizuki shouted.

"I am being threated!! By his stupidity!!!!" Inuaysha shouted as he pounded Shippo's head.

"OWWW!!!!" Shippo shouted.

"Mommy!!! They're at it again!!!" Mizuki shouted down the stairs.

"Inuyasha!!!! SIT BOY!!!!!" Kagome shouted as Inuyasha came through the floor.

"OOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted.

"You have to fix that later." Kagome said as she sipped her tea.

"Mommy? Daddy? Can I ask something?" Mizuki said timidly.

"What is it baby?" Kagome said sweetly.

"Can I go to school?" Mizuki asked timidly.

"School? Why do you want to go to school?" Inuyasha asked.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome shouted as she slapped him on the arm.

"I want to go 'cause Mommy went to school. And she has lots of friends. And I want to meet new friends." Mizuki said.

"But, baby. Your ears could come out." Kagome said as she rubbed her daughter's dog ears.

"I'll take my medicine everyday!!" Mizuki said firmly.

"Baby, what if you forget?" Inuyasha asked.

"I won't!!" Mizuki said.

"Inuyasha? What do you think?" Kagome asked her husband.

"What about her eyes? They're purple."Inuyasha sked as he looked over to Mizuki.

"We can say it's rare." Kagome said.

"Do you have anyone in your family that has purple eyes?" Inuyasha asked.

"No, maybe you do." Kagome said.

"True." Inuyasha agreed.

"Please???" Mizuki asked.

"Ok, you start school on Monday." Kagome said.

"Really?!!! That's awesome!!!" Mizuki cheered as she hugged her parents.

"I'll call Ayumi to see if I can get Mizuki in her class." Kagome sad to Inuyasha.

"Great, now we have to live with Sota." Inuyasha grumbled.

"Whats wrong with my brother?? Your brother is worst than mine!!" Kagome said.

"At least Sesshomaru didn't walk in on us when we were-----!!!" Inuyasha caught himself before he said anything he might regret.

"While you were what, Daddy?" Mizuki asked.

"I'll tell you when you're older." Inuyasha said.

"Hmph!" Mizuki said as she went up to her room.

It was Monday, and Mizuki could barely stay still. Mizuki was hopping her way to school with her dad. Mizuki was singing;

"I'm going to school!! I'm going to make new friends!!!!"

"You behave yourself, ok?" Inuyasha said as they walked up to the front door of the school.

"Daddy, what's my class number again?" Mizuki asked.

"It's A-3."

"Ok, here I go!!!" Mizuki said as she walked through the door with pride.

"That's my girl." Inuaysha whispered as he left the school grounds.

"So you must be Mizuki Higurashi. Nice to meet you." yumi said as Mizuki walked through the door.

"You know my Mommy." Mizuki pointed out.

"Yes, I'm your mommy's friend." Ayumi said.

"What do I do?" Mizuki asked.

"First, lets get you settled in. Class!!" Ayumi shouted as the class came from whatever they were doing.

"Now, say your name." Ayumi said.

"My name is Mizuki Higurashi! Nice to meet you all!!" Mizuki said loud and proud.

"Higurashi? Doesn't that sound like the girl that saved Tokyo once? When that big evil monster came." A boy said.

"Yep! That was my Mommy and Daddy!!" Mizuki said.

"Cool!!" They said.

"Mizuki, I want you to sit over there, next beside Tomoko." Ayumi said.

"Tomoko?" Mizuki asked as she saw the pale little girl sitting at a desk.

"Hi, Tomoko! I'm Mizuki!" Mizuki said as she walked up to Tomoko.

"Hi," She replied quietly.

"What's wrong? Are you sick?" Mizuki asked.

"I'm always sick. I get weak. Very weak, very fast." Tomoko replied as she coughed.

"I see." Mizuki said.

"Look, Higurashi-san is very unlucky. She has to sit near HER. I feel bad for her." A girl said.

"No!! I'm the luckiest!! I get to sit next beside a girl who wants to learn even though she gets sick easy!!" Mizuki shouted.

"No one has ever said that about me. Thank you, Higurashi-san." Tomoko said quietly.

"No problem! That's what friends are for, right? Standing up for each other." Mizuki said as she grinned.

"Friends? You wanna be friends with me? Even though I'm weak?" Tomoko ased.

"Yeah! Everybody needs friends!!" Mizuki said.

"Thank you. I'll be your friend, Higurashi-san." Tomoko coughed out.

"Great!!" Mizuki said.

"It's time to go outside. I have to stay inside though." Tomoko said.

"I'll stay here with you! So you won't be lonely!" Mizuki said as she grabbed her hand.

"Hmm?" Tomoko asked.

"Can I hold your hand?" Mizuki asked shyly.

"Yes. You can!" Tomoko said as she smiled lightly before she started coughing again. 

End Notes:
Good reviews pretty please????
Chapter 2: Tomoko's secret, Revealed!! by Shippolover570

"Tomoko-chan? May I come over to your house today?" Mizuki asked.

"I'm sorry. My parents are busy today." Tomoko said.

"I see, what about tomorrow?" Mizuki asked.

"No." Tomoko said as she pulled back her almost white, blonde hair.

"Let me play with your hair, Tomoko-chan!!" Mizuki said as she ran behind Tomoko.

"Sure, Higurashi-san." Tomoko said.

"Please, call me Mizuki!" Mizuki said as she brushed Tomoko's hair.

It was silent for a while. Then the final bell rang for the kids to go home. Tomoko smiled and quickly walked home. Mizuki followed her friend until she reached her house. It was a nice little apartment. It was surounded by roses and voilets. Mizuki heard yelling and quickly ran away. Mizuki quickly did her homework and asked if she could go to Tomoko's house.

"Ok, do you want me or Daddy to walk you there?" Kagome asked.

"No, I can walk there all by myself!" Mizuki answered.

"Ok. I want you home by 4. You hear me?" Kagome said as Mizuki ran out the door.

It took about 10 minutes to get to Tomoko's house. Mizuki knocked on the door. Tomoko opened the door.

"What are you doing here, Higurashi-san?" Tomoko asked.

"I came to see you! You didn't look really good when you left school today." Mizuki said.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me!" Tomoko shouted as she coughed.

"I'll take you up to your room." Mizuki said as she carried Tomoko on her back.

"Thank you, Higurashi-san." Tomoko said quietly.

"You little bastard!!!!!! How dare you!!" A woman yelled from the living room.

"Who's yelling?" Mizuki asked.

"My mommy and daddy. They fight alot. Sometimes they take it out on me." Tomoko said quietly.

"Do....do they hit you, Tomoko-chan?" Mizuki asked.

"Sometimes." Tomoko said.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have come." Mizuki said quietly.

"Tomoko!! Who's the little shit?!!" A man shouted.

"Daddy, this is Mizuki Higurashi. My friend." Tomoko answered quietly.

"Mizuki? What a stupid name!!" The man shouted as he threw his beer bottle toward them.

"This is getting dangerous!!" Mizuki thought as she ran up the steps into a room.

"I am sorry. Daddy is drunk...." Tomoko said.

"Tomoko-chan!! Let's run away!! You and me!" Mizuki said.

"What? I can't run away. My medical condition...." Tomoko said.

"I'll carry you!!! You're not heavy!!" Mizuki said.

"Higurashi-san. I don't wanna be a bother....besides where will we run away to?" Tomoko asked.

"Kyoto! People vist there everyday!! Nobody will find us there!!" Mizuki said.

"You'll run all the way there?" Tomoko asked.

"I'll try!!" Mizuki said proudly.

"Why do you wanna run away?" Tomoko asked.

"Mommy and Daddy say I cost them too much money. So, I'll get a job and earn my money!" Mizuki said.

"Did they tell you that?" Tomoko asked.

"No, I hear them after I go to bed."

"I see. When should we leave?" Tomoko asked.

"A week from now. It would help us get prepared." Mizuki said.

"Ok, is there anything I can do?" Tomoko asked.

"Save up on money and food." Mizuki said.

"Ok! I'll try my hardess!!" Tomoko said.

"Great! I have to go now. Mommy told me I have to be home at 4." Mizuki said as she left the room.

"Bye, Higurashi-san!" Tomoko said.

Chapter 3: Mizuki and Tomoko's Plan!! by Shippolover570

It was around midnight when Tomoko got to the park. Tomoko was wearing her pj's and holding a stuffed bunny. Tomoko looked around for Mizuki. A gang walked up to Tomoko.

"Hey, girly. Do you know what time it is?" The leader asked.

"It's 12. My friend told me to meet her here." Tomoko said.

"I think she meant 12 tomorrow. Let us take you home." A guy said.

"No! Leave me alone!!" Tomoko said.

"Come here!" The leader shouted.

"Tomoko-chan!! Back off!!" Mizuki shouted as she ran onto the scene.

"Kid, go home!" The leader shouted as he punched Mizuki down to the ground.

"Leave...." Mizuki growled.

"What?" The leader said.

"Leave....her alone....." Mizuki growled as she looked at them with her demon eyes.

"What the hell?! You got something in your eyes! They're red!!" A guy said. 

"Leave!! Now!!! Before you get hurt!!!" Mizuki warned as she grabbed her head.

"Lets get outta here!!" They shouted as they ran away from Mizuki.

"Higurashi-san? You ok?" Tomoko asked as she came close to her.

"Are they gone?" Mizuki whispered.

"Yes, they're gone. Higurashi-san!! Your ears!!" Tomoko said as she saw Mizuki reveal her dog ears to her.

"I know. I have a lot to say. Hmm? You wanna touch them?" Mizuki said as she saw Tomoko staring at her ears.

"Can I? Higurashi-san? What are you?" Tomoko asked as she rubbed Mizuki's ears.

"I'm a demon. Dog demon as you can tell. My daddy is a half demon. My mommy is a priestess. She fell down a well and found my daddy. They fell in love and made me. I have medicine to get my ears, claws, and fangs away from human eyes. I can't change my eyes. Now, that you know, will you keep a secret? Please?" Mizuki explained.

"Of course. Let's get going. Kyoto is almost a day's travel by bus. It'll be longer by foot." Tomoko said as she started coughing.

"Get on my back. There is a bus a head. I can smell the fuel burning. I have a few yen on me. Maybe the bus driver will be nice and give us a ride." Mizuki said as she started running toward the bus with Tomoko on her back.

"Higurashi-san." Tomoko said.

"Don't worry. I have a hat. Go to sleep now. You'll need your enegry." Mizuki said as she put on a hat.

"Mr. bus!! Stop!!! Please!!!" Mizuki shouted at the bus as it started to leave the bus stop.

"Hmm? What the hell? Kids! At this hour?!!" The bus driver said as he stopped the bus.

"Thank you. Will you please take us to Kyoto?" Mizuki panted out.

"Where are your parents?!" He asked.

"Please!! My sister is sick!!" Mizuki said as she looked at Tomoko.

"Do you have any money?" He asked.

"Yes, please take us to Kyoto!" Mizuki said as she got out her piggy bank.

"....Get in the back of the bus. I'll take you there. No charge since you're kids."

"Thank you so much, kind sir!!" Mizuki said as she put Tomoko on the back seat of the bus.

"I'm going to lose my job for this...." He mumbled as he drove towards Kyoto.

"We're on our way, Tomoko-chan. I hope mommy and daddy will be fine without me...." Mizuki whispered as she fell to sleep. 

Chapter 4: In Kyoto!!! Mizuki's new job!! by Shippolover570

"Where is Mizuki!!?!?!" Kagome shouted as she paced back and forth.

"I don't know!! Inuyasha shouted back.

"Oh, where could she have gone?!!" Kagome cried.

"Don't cry. We'll fine her." Inuyasha said as he hugged Kagome.

It was early morning and Kagome and Inuyasha were in the lobby of the police station.

"Mrs. Higurashi? We haven't found anyone who has seen your child. We'll call you when we find any clues."  The chief said.

"Oh, Mizuki!! Where'd you go?!!" Kagome cried.

Just then, two adults ran into the station. They were crying. The woman shouted at the chief.

"Mrs, you need to calm down. What happened?" He asked.

"My daughter!! She's gone!!! I want my daughter back!!!" The woman shouted.

"What's your daughter's name?"

"Tomoko!! Where is my baby?!?!" She cried.

"Tomoko is gone too?" Kagome asked.

"You know my baby?!! Where is she?!!!" The woman cried as she shook Kagome around.

"Hey!! Don't shake my wife!!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Don't yell at my wife!!" The man shouted.

"Alright!!! That's enough!!! You both know each others kid." The chief said.

"That's right." Kagome said.

"Mizuki always talked about Tomoko after school." Inuyasha said.

"Mizuki? You mean that little shit that came to our house?" The man asked.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY KID?!?!?!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he grabbed the man's shirt.

"Calm down, Inuyasha!!" Kagome said.

"Stop!!! Where would our kids go?" The woman shouted.

"Mizuki always wanted to go to Kyoto." Kagome replied.

"Tomoko just wanted to go anywhere. She was always sick." Her mother said.

"Kyoto?! Why Kyoto?!" Her father shouted.

"Because her grandmother lives there now." Inuyasha answered.

"Wait, MY MOM!!! Maybe she's seen them!!!" Kagome shouted as she ran toward the nearest phone.

In Kyoto, Mizuki was carrying Tomoko on her back. Mizuki admitted she was getting tired. Tomoko saw a small shrine. They decided to rest there. After a few minutes, they heard a voice.

"Mizuki?" A woman's voice called.

"Grandma!!!" Mizuki shouted as she ran into her arms.

"Huh?" Tomoko asked.

"Tomoko-chan, this is my Grandma. Grandma, this is Tomoko-chan. She's my friend." Mizuki said.

"I see," Grandma Higurashi smiled.

"Grandma, I need a job." Mizuki said.

"A job? Is your parents with you?" Grandma Higurashi asked.

"No," Mizuki answered.

"Then, how did you get here?" She asked.

"We got here by a bus! He was very nice. Tomoko-chan is a sick kid. Can we stay?" Mizuki asked.

"We need to tell mommy and daddy where you are." She replied.

"No!! We ran away!!" Mizuki shouted.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"We aren't wanted. Tomoko-chan and I and living together as a family!!" Mizuki explained.

"You are indeed wanted!! Tomoko, your parents are worried about you!!" She shouted.

"No!! They don't want me!!" Tomoko shouted as she coughed up blood.

"Tomoko-chan!!" Mizuki shouted as she saw the blood.

"Oh, dear!! Let's go to a hostipal." Grandma Higurashi said.

"No!! We need money to go!! We don't have any money!!!" Mizuki shouted.

"It's alright! I'll pay!!" She replied.

"No!! Tomoko-chan forgot to take her pills. That's all." Mizuki said as she handed Tomoko a bottle of pills.

"I'm fine," Tomoko said.

"No, we're going to the hostipal. That's final!" She shouted.

"No!!! Tomoko-chan!! Get on!!!" Mizuki shouted.

"Ok," Tomoko said as she climbed onto Mizuki's back.

"Mizuki!!! Get back here!!!!!" Grandma Higurashi shouted as they disappeared into the crowds.

It was two hours before they stopped running. Mizuki had stopped at a tea shop. She noticed that they had a help wanted sign. She and Tomoko quickly walked in. The store wasn't busy. She saw the owner who was reading the newspaper and said;

"I'd like a job."

"I'd like a million yen, but one only one is going to happen. Which do you think it is?" The owner asked.

"Um, the million yen?" Mizuki and Tomoko said at the same time.

"Ha! I like you!! Alright! How old are you?" The owner asked.

"I'm 7 years old. How old are you, Tomoko-chan?" Mizuki asked.

"I'm 6 1/2, Higurashi-san." Tomoko replied.

"Funny, but really how old are ya?" The owner asked.

"I am 7 and she's 6 1/2." Mizuki answered.

"Ok! You are pissing me off!! How old are you??!!!" The owner yelled as the newspaper came down.

"Eek!!" They screamed.

"Oh, wow. You really are 7 and 6." The owner said as he looked at them.

"6 1/2!!" Tomoko shouted.

"Whatever!! Aren't you a little young to be asking for a job?" He asked.

"No," Mizuki said.

"Yes, you are. Where are your parents?" He asked.

"They are in Tokyo." Tomoko answered.

"Tokyo?" He asked.

"Yep! Can we please have a job?" Mizuki asked.

"No way!! I'd lose my shop!!" He shouted as he shooed them away.

"But, we came all this way...." Tomoko said.

"I don't care. Go home!" He answered.

"But," Tomoko cried.

"Huh?! Are you crying?!!" He shouted.

"I wanna work!!" Tomoko cried.

"Don't cry!! Stop it!!" The owner shouted.

"How dare you make a little girl cry!! You meanie!!!" Mizuki shouted as she began to cry herself.

"No!! Don't cry!!! Fine!!! Ypu can have a job in the back room making tea!!!" The owner shouted.

"Really?" They sniffled.

"Yeah!! Just no crying on the job!" The owner said.

"Thank you!!" They shouted as they ran into the back room.

The kicthen was a big mess. Mizuki looked at Tomoko and Tomoko did the same. Mizuki got to work. She started on the floor. She cleaned the floor by hand washing the floor. Tomoko's illnes was acting up and she couldn't do the labor. So she decieded to start making tea. Mizuki looked at Tomoko. Mizuki knew she was getting worst. She told Tomoko that it was all right and that she didn't have to push herself.

Tomoko and Mizuki worked the whole day. Tomoko, of course told the owner of her condition. Mizuki worked on cleaning and Tomoko worked on making tea. Tomoko and Mizuki got paid a very large sum of money. Mizuki and Tomoko thought they had done such a good job that they decieded to go find an apartment together that night. They found a motel and paid the landlady the money they had earned that day. The landlady thought she was going to lose her job like the bus driver until she received the large sum of money. Tomoko and Mizuki had ramen noodles that Tomoko had packed. It was instant noodles and they were a little stale. Mizuki thought if she worked harder she would earn a bigger pay. So she laid beside Tomoko and told her that she would earn the money in the family while Tomoko helped with the food and bills.

Tomoko was a little worried about Mizuki pushing herself too hard. Tomoko said that she would help as much as she could. Mizuki agreed and she fell into a deep sleep.

End Notes:
I'm sooo sorry it took me so long to mke the next chapter. Good reviews, ppl!!! :D
Chapter 5: Kagome and Inuyasha's trip to Kyoto!!! by Shippolover570

"We're almost there, Kagome. Just wait a little longer...." Inuyasha said as he wrapped his arm around Kagome.

"Mizuki...you better be safe...." Kagome whimpered.

"Kagome, Mizuki is just fine. She's our kid, remember? We defeated a powerful demon! I'm sure Mizuki is fine. But if anyone touched her, I'll kill them..."

"I know, but I'm also worried about Tomoko. Her parents said that she was always runnning out of meds in a matter of days. I'm afraid she may overdose, or worse...." Kagome said looking up at her half demon husband.

"She may die...is that what you're saying?"

"Next stop; Kyoto! Next stop; Kyoto!!" The intercom shouted as the bus slowly came to a stop.

"Mizuki!! Please, let her be here!!!" They shouted as they run toward the front of the bus.

In the small tea shop, Mizuki was working hard to keep the back room clean for Tomoko. Tomoko was making more tea than usual and coughing more as well. Mizuki was panting. She scrubbed with all her 'human' might. Mizuki looked at Tomoko every five seconds. Fearing that she may faint at any given time. The boss soon came through the curtain.

"Whoa! I never saw the place this clean before! Great job!"

"Thanks...there's alot more people coming in now....I wonder why?" Mizuki panted.

"They love Tomoko-chan's tea!" He laughed.

"Can we have a break?" Tomoko asked quietly.

"Sorry, not yet. In a few more minutes." He said.

"You said that 2 hours ago!" Mizuki growled.

"I'm sorry! I promise, the next few minutes you'll have your break!" He said as he disappeared behind the curtain.

"Higurashi-san? We should leave. I don't trust him....he's working us too hard." Tomoko said.

"Me too, but where will we go?" Mizuki panted.

"Osaka. They have a beautiful country side. No one will look there. And this time, say that our parents are at home. Ok. First we need to buy more pills." Tomoko said.

"Ok, the doctor is around back." Mizuki said as she opened the back door.

"Awesome! Let's go!!" Tomoko said as she walked through the door.

 *******************

"Can you smell anything?" Kagome asked.

"Too many damn smells." Inuyasha growled.

"Mizuki!!! Tomoko!!!! Where are you!!?" Kagome shouted for what seemed the thousandth time.

"Kagome!!"

"Mom!! Have you seen Mizuki?!" Kagome asked.

"I saw her two days ago. She went that way, I lost her through the crowd....I'm sorry." Grandma Higurashi sighed.

"Now, we have a direction! Let's go, Kagome!!" Inuyasha shouted as he started to push through the large crowd.

"Mizuki!!!" Kagome called out.

Just then, a black vision pasted Kagome's eyes. It seemed like Mizuki's long black hair that she always put in a messy ponytail.

"Mizuki?!!" Kagome called as she followed the black haired girl.

End Notes:
OMG!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY GUYS!!!! More reviews please??? <3
Chapter 6: The chase for the black haired girl! by Shippolover570

"Kagome?! Where are you going?! Kagome, stop!" Inuyasha called as he saw his wife run away.

Mizuki! Mizuki! Please be Mizuki!! Kagome thought as she ran toward the girl with black hair.

Her heart was pounding. The thought of Mizuki being in her arms once more, almost brought tears to her eyes as she ran. The black haired girl stopped at a local tea shop. Kagome panted as she sped walked into the store. There was a big crowd in the shop. She almost lost sight of the girl. Then, her worst thoughts became a reality.....The black haired girl was not Mizuki. She sighed as if in pain. Inuyasha then squeezed through the large crowd in the shop and grabbed Kagome's arm.

"You idiot! Why'd you run away from me? I won't lose you....And that's a promise." Inuyasha said.

"I thought.....I saw her.....I thought I saw Mizuki....But I was wrong." Kagome said as she looked over to the black haired girl, hugging her mother.

"Kagome....It'll be ok....We'll find her."

"Damn it!! Sorry everyone, but no tea today!" The owner called.

"So, I guess this place is popular, huh?" Inuyasha asked.

"It wasn't popular when I was a girl...." Kagome said.

Everyone in the shop groaned as they left. Kagome and Inuyasha were about to leave, but something caught Inuyasha's nose.

"Mizuki's scent...." Inuyasha whispered as he turned back toward the shop keeper.

"What? She was here?!" Kagome asked.

"Huh? Hey, I said no tea today, buddy. Beat it."The shop owner said.

Inuyasha grabbed the owner by his collar and growled. Kagome tried to pry him, but it was no good. Inuyasha shouted in the man's face.

"WHERE'S MY DAUGHTER, YOU SON OF A BITCH?!!! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T TELL ME NOW, I'LL KILL YOU IF I FIND HER HERE!!!!!!!!"

"What?!! I don't know what you're talking about!!!" The shop owner said shakily.

"A LITTLE GIRL WITH BLACK AND PURPLE EYES!!!!!!!! SHE HAS A FRIEND WITH HER!!!! DAMN IT TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Inuyasha growled.

"Purple eyes? Oh, yeah!! I know her!! She used to be my cleaning lady in the back room. And her friend was my tea maker! But they left almost 30 minutes ago. I don't know why though...." He said.

"She's gone? Damn it.....just missed them...." Inuyasha grumbled as he let the man go.

"We won't give up..Even if we die trying!" Kagome said.

"I know we won't. Thanks anyway, pal." Inuyasha said as he left  500 yen on the man's desk.

"Man, that was weird. Too bad though. At least I don't have to pay anyone now! Now, what's today's sum?" He asked as he opened the safe, which was in the back room.

"WHAT?!!!!!!!???!!!!!!!! THAT LITTLE BITCH STOLE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He shouted as he opened the safe.

*************************

"Tomoko? Are you ok?" Mizuki asked as they sat in the back of the bus.

"I'm fine. My meds are kicking in. I'll be fine until tonight." Tomoko said.

"I see...." Mizuki said as she laid down on the bus seat.

"Higurashi-san? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine....just tired...." Mizuki panted.

Tomoko put her hand to Mizuki's forehead.

"Higurashi-san!!! You're running a fever!!" Tomoko gasped.

"I'll...be fine after a good night's sleep...." Mizuki panted as she drifted into a deep sleep on Tomoko's lap.

"Higurashi-san.....Don't push yourself...." Tomoko whispered as the bus hummed them both to sleep.

******************************

"Inuyasha? Go to sleep." Kagome said.

"No, not until Mizuki is in my arms...." Inuyasha said as he paced around the motel room.

"I understand how you feel, honey...but we won't go anywhere until you're well rested..." Kagome said as she walked over to her husband.

"Damn it....Where could they have gone now....?" Inuyasha asked himself.

"Excuse me? I have your food." The landlady knocked as she opened the door.

"Thanks....Honey,please eat." Kagome asked.

"Hey, you look alike like a girl who used to live here!" The landlady said.

"A girl?! Did she say where she was going with her friend?!" Kagome asked.

"Osaka...I think. Yeah. Check there." The landlady said with a smiled.

"Thank you!! You don't know how much this means to us!!" Kagome shouted as she hugged the landlady.

Inuyasha had packed their stuff and they were on their way to Osaka.....

"So, you're not going to eat this?" The landlady asked as they left the motel.

End Notes:

OMG!!!! Reveiws reviews reviews~~!!!!! <3

Chapter 7: Mizuki's Fever and Tomoko's Worry~ by Shippolover570

"Higurashi-chan? How are you feeling?" Tomoko asked as she unpacked her stuffed animal.

"I'm ok...I'm a demon remember...a fever like this can't hurt me!" Mizuki smiled weakily.

"Ok, i think i should go to the store and get some meds...just to relieve the pain. Ok?" Tomoko asked.

"No, we can't be seen yet. Mommy and Daddy are nearby." Mizuki coughed.

"What?! They're nearby?! How did they find us so quickly?" Tomoko asked rapidly.

"Daddy has a keen sense of smell and Mommy is very smart. Enough about them...isn't the view so pretty here? I like Osaka's mountains..." Mizuki panted as she sat back down on the bed.

"Higurashi-chan? Are you sleepy? Would you like to hold my pillow?" Tomoko asked.

"I just want you to call me Mizuki. That would make me feel better." Mizui said as she drifted into a deep sleep.

****************************************

"So, Osaka is like the Fedual Era. That's nice. I still can't smell Mizuki or Tomoko with all those temples burning sage." Inuyasha sighed as he sat down at a bench, near a temple.

"I hope they are alright. Mizuki gets sick when she moves around alot. I hope she's ok..." Kagome sighed.

"Kagome, it's ok. Mizuki won't be beaten by a stupid illness. Just imagine me facing Sesshomaru!" He laughed.

"But you always ended up having a hole in your stomach." Kagome groaned.

"But did I die?"

"Yes, you went to Heaven and was reborn as an idiot." Kagome sighed.

"What was that?!!!" Inuyasha growled.

"Nevermind...fighting won't help us or them. I hope the locals have been kind to them."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Besides, where do you think they could've gone?" Inuyasha asked.

"Mizuki is used to being near a shrine, so somewhere near that area." Kagome said.

"Well, let's check all the temples and shrines in this freaking country! I just want my baby girl in my arms again." Inuyasha shouted, but decreased in volume.

"Me too, Inuyasha." Kagome smiled as she helped her husbend off the bench and onto the road, where they would search the rest of the day....looking for their lost daughter.

*****************************

"Higurashi-chan! You're fever is getting worse!"

"I'll be fine......" Mizuki panted as she turned over to her side, revealing the puddle of sweat on the futon.

"No, we need to get you some meds!" Tomoko protested.

"I'll be fine, Tomoko-chan....besides, I'm not letting you go off by yourself. There could be trouble." Mizuki panted.

"THEN, I'LL DRAG YOU ALONG! YOU NEED HELP, HIGURASHI-CHAN!!!"

"But, what about you? Will you be able to drag me?" Mizuki asked.

"I can do anything I set my mind too! Besides, lately I've been feeling stronger than normal." Tomoko said.

"I see......I'm so tired..." Mizuki whimpered as she drifted into a deep sleep.

"Now that I think about it.....Since I've met Higurashi-chan, I haven't felt as bad....Is she helping me cure my illness?" Tomoko thought aloud as she wiped the sweat from Mizuki's forehead.

*Later that Night****************

"Kagome! I think I got something!" Inuyasha shouted as he lifted his head from the sidewalk.

"What? Did you find a scent?" Kagome shouted as she came running up from behind.

"Better. Mizuki's sweat trail. It's about two hours old. They haven't got that far!" Inuyasha smirked as he followed the trail of sweat.

"Wait, Mizuki's sweat? Does that mean she has a fever?!" Kagome asked.

"Judging by the smell, yes." Inuyasha said quietly.

"Mizuki....Are you ok?" Kagome thought as she followed her husband.

"Wait. There's a new smell." Inuyasha said as he stopped.

"A new smell?" Kagome asked as she paused.

"It's Mizuki's blood. It's fresh."

"Oh dear God! Mizuki!!!" Kagome shouted as she ran in front of Inuyasha.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha grabbed her by the arm.

"Let me go! My baby's hurt!" Kagome cried as huge tears ran down her face.

"Kagome, Mizuki's blood is also mixed with that girl's scent. They probaly ran into trouble and Mizuki got herself hurt in the process. They couldn't have gotten that far." Inuyasha sighed as he embraced his weeping wife.

"She's hurt...we gotta find her soon...." Kagome whimpered as the image of Mizuki bleeding crossed her mind.

"Kagome. That bus." Inuyasha muttered as a white ABBOT bus passed the street sign.

"What about it?" Kagome sniffled.

"That girl in the back. See her? She looks like the girl Tomoko's parents were blubbering about!! Tomoko!! This is the end of the line!!" Inuyasha shouted as he raced toward the moving vechile.

"Inuyasha! Wait!!!" Kagome shouted as she ran after her husband, who was pissed as hell.

Inuyasha ran in front of the bus, and as the bus was just about to ht Inuyasha, he stopped it with his bare hands. He opened the glass doors without a doubt in his mind. He growled as he spotted the girl in the back. He marched right up to her.

"Is your name Tomoko?" Inuyasha asked.

"Who's askin'?" She replied.

"I am. Now answer me!" He growled.

"Inuyasha! Stop it!" Kagome shouted from the front of the bus.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Alright! My name is Tomoko! I ran away with Mizuki-chan!" Tomoko cried as she spoke the truth.

"Where is Mizuki?!!" Kagome cried.

"I don't know, she gave me the rest of the money we saved up from the tea shop and told me to go home! Mizuki-chan was coughing up blood and then some rough looking boys came up and ganged up on her! She told me to run away form the fight and that she would be fine! I wanted to stay by her side, but just before that happened we had a huge fight, and now I'm afraid of her! I'm afraid of that monster inside of Mizuki-chan!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Tomoko cried.

"Oh....Mizuki!!!! Which way was she going, Tomoko?!!!" Kagome shouted.

"Down Maple road. That was the last place i saw her." Tomoko cried.

"Mizuki!!!! Mommy's coming!!!!!!!!!" Kagome shouted as she ran off the bus like a madwoman. 

"Tomoko....do you realize what you've done?" Inuyasha asked as he looked down upon the weeping girl.

"What?" Tomoko sniffled.

"When Mizuki was with you, she was touching you...wasn't she? You gave her your illness! Mizuki's weakness is that if she touches a sick person, she gets that illness, and exchanges that with her healthly body! You've been cured of your illness, but now Mizuki is fighting that illness! How could you NOT have known it was your illness!!" Inuyasha shouted.

"I didn't know that! All I knew is that she was a demon! She was so nice....until that fight......Was she mad at me? Does she hate me now that she has my illness?!" Tomoko asked.

"I don't know, but you can ask her when they get back." Inuyasha grunted as he sat beside Tomoko, waiting for Kagome and Mizuki to return to his arms....Unharmed as possible.

And hopefully....Not dead. 

Chapter 8: Mizuki's Illness and Kagome's Chase! by Shippolover570

Kagome ran down Maple Road with only one thought in her mind, I must save Mizuki!! Kagome looked down ever alley way she saw, hoping that Mizuki would be there. She cried out Mizuki's name many times, only to be looked at strange by people walking down the street. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and eyes as she ran down the sreet. She paused at the intersection of Maple Road and Sakura Drive. She looked down at the ground, fearing that it may be too late to find her beloved Mizuki, until she found a drop of blood. It was heading toward Sakura Drive. Kagome's soul and heart soared! She knew that she was going to find her!

"Mizuki!!!" Kagome cried down Sakura Drive.

"Come here you stupid brat!" She heard someone call.

"Mizuki?!" Kagome said as she ran toward the man's voice.

"Leave me alone! I'll hurt you if you don't!" Mizuki's voice coughed out in a nearby alley way.

"Mizuki!!!" Kagome cried as she ran into the alley way.

"Mommy?" Mizuki coughed as more blood came dripping from her mouth.

"Mizuki!! You had me so worried!" Kagome cried as her tears flowed freely.

"Who's this whore?" A man called from behind Kagome.

"What did you call me?" Kagome growled.

"You heard me! And I bet this is your little sick slave!" He laughed.

"You listen to me! I'm Kagome Higurashi. I am the one who will put you in a grave if you don't leave my child alone! And who are you to say that I'm a whore?! Do you understand that I've been through Hell and back in order to find my baby! Back off!!!" Kagome shouted with such anger in her voice.

"Mommy...I'm sorry. I didn't think.....you would worry.....so much......" Mizuki panted as more blood dripped from her.

"Mizuki,it's ok....Mommy's here..." Kagome said as she embraced Mizuki tightly.

"Hey, how about we have some 'fun' with her? I've been a little busy lately." The leader smirked as he grabbed Kagome by the arm, pulling her away from Mizuki.

"Mizuki!" Kagome shouted as Mizuki hid the ground head first.

"Come on little lady! Give us some fun!" one man said.

"Yeah, come on! Off with the shirt!" One laughed stupidly.

"Mizuki!! Let me go you idiots!" Kagome shouted as she fought the gang members.

"Mommy...don't hurt....her! Mommy....Mommy!" Mizuki panted as she saw her mother being beaten and striped by the men.

"You're next little girl!" The leader said as he picked her up by her hair.

"LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!" Someone shouted from above.

"Who was that?!" The leader shouted.

Just then, Inuyasha came crashing down upon the gang members. Inuyasha single handedly beat the gang members without trouble. Kagome grabbed her torn shirt as Inuyasha held Mizuki in his arms.

"Mizuki! We've missed you so much. Don't you dare scare us like that ever again!" Inuyasha said as his embrace tighten.

"Daddy....I don't feel....ok...." Mizuki coughed.

"It's ok. We'll take you to a hostipal. Kagome, Tomoko is heading home right now. Mizuki, everthing is going to be ok." Inuyasha told her as he stood up andheld Mizuki tightly.

Inuyasha then saw that blood was not only from her mouth but her ears. Kagome knew that was a sign of a consussion. Mizuki passed out on the way to the hostipal. Kagome and Inuyasha waited for hours....hoping that their daughter would be safe....and be as healthly as she could.......

************************************************************

"Mrs. Higurashi. I'm afraid to say that due to the blood loss, Mizuki has suffered from Amnesia. Don't worry, she already knows her family members like you and her grandmother." The doctor said the next day.

"She doesn't remember her friends?" Kagome asked as she looked through the window, towards Mizuki's sleeping body.

"No. I'm sorry." The doctor said.

"It's alright." Inuyasha said.

"Inuyasha! You can't be that cruel hearted!" Kagome shouted.

"Please, reframe from fighting. The child is still sleeping." The doctor warned.

"Ok. Inuyasha. You have to give your word not to fight with her once she wakes up. She has to remember what she did then we can punish her later." Kagome said firmly.

"Fine. Mizuki! She's waking up!" He said as he ran into Mizuki's hostipal room.

"Mommy...." Mizuki mumbled.

"Hi, Baby." Kagome smiled.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Inuyasha asked as he patted her head.

"I'm ok. Where's Grandma?" Mizuki asked.

"She's on her way and so is Sota." Kagome smiled.

"Ok." Mizuki smiled.

Just then, Tomoko and her family came in with flowers. Mizuki looked at her. Tomoko smiled and came close to the bed.

"Hi, Mizuki-chan. Are you feeling ok? I brought you some flowers." Tomoko smiled.

"Thank you.Excuse me, but who are you?" Mizuki asked and as she said those words, Tomoko dropped the flowers and began to cry. 

Chapter 9: Mizuki's Memory and Tomoko's Jealously. by Shippolover570

As Tomoko walked home with her mother and father, she cried heavily. Mizuki-chan  forgot about me! I can't believe it...I thought Mizuki-chan was my friend....Tomoko thought as she cried.

"Man, will you stop crying?! Jesus, you're a pain in the ass!" Her father shouted.

"I'm sorry, Daddy..." Tomoko sniffled.

"You be nice to Tomoko, honey! She's been cured of her illness! I'm so happy." Her mother said as she hugged Tomoko for the 100th time.

"Well, I don't wanna hear her crying! And you need to be punished for running away from home! Just wait until we get home!" Her father shouted.

"But...daddy...." Tomoko sniffled. She knew what he meant by 'punished'. He was going to hit her.

"Just shut! Man, you're such a pain! I wish that you were never born! We would've been better off without any kids!! And, you never did have any friends! What's the point of living if you're alone!!! You were never loved unitl you drew attention to yourself! YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN!!!!!!!!!!" He shouted.

Tomoko was never the type to cry in front of anyone or in public...but the words that were just said pushed her over the edge. She stopped in her tracks as the words sank into her heart. Her mother's words of anger were drowned out by her heart pounding inside her chest loudly. A bunch of people were looking at their family like 'They're crazy.' or 'That's a broken family with issues.' Tomoko looked around. She saw the smaller kids her age at the park, just across the street. They're mommys and daddys looked happy to see their kid. Tomoko then looked at her family. Yelling at each other, causing a scene.

What's wrong with my family? When I'm good, daddy hits me...when I'm bad, daddy hits me harder....Mommy doesn't like daddy any more....Daddy doesn't like mommy anymore....Why are they still together? Mizuki-chan's family never yell at her. They never hit her. They always love her....What does she have that I don't? She's brave, strong, nice, pretty, and a demon...A demon! She is a demon! She shouldn't have a family like that!! She should have my family! I deserve a family like hers! They didn't hit her when they saw her! My daddy punched me in the mouth as soon as I walked into the door! No 'We were so worried about you!' or 'We missed you!' Or 'We love you!' I only hear those words from mommy! Daddy said after he hit me 'If you ever do that again, I'll make sure you won't get up, little shit!'

"Tomoko! What's wrong? You're crying..." Tomoko' mother asked as she knelt down beside her.

"I bet she's still crying about Miku or whatever her name is." Her father said snobbily.

"Mizuki-chan...." Tomoko almost growled.

Mizuki-chan has everything that I want! It's not fair! I want her family!!! I want her gone! She's a monster! I HATE HER!!!!!!

Tomoko gasped as the word 'hate' crossed her mind for the first time. She had never hated anyone before. Nor has she never felt true love from a family before.....Her face went blank as she thought more....Her mother shook her voilently. Her father just stood there, arms crossed and back turned to his wife and only child. Tomoko finally spoke, but not to her mother.

"I hate you, daddy." She said quietly.

"What was that, shit?" He asked.

"Are you deaf? I said I hate you!!!!!! You never care about anyone but yourself!!!! I HATE YOUR GUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Tomoko ran off, towards the hostipal.

**********************************************************

"Mizuki, do you understand your punishment?" Kagome asked firmly.

"Yes, mommy. No TV, video games, and no friends over for a few months. But I'll be able to go to school again?" Mizuki said.

"Yes, once you finish you're last day here. I'm going to talk to the doctor in the lobby. I'll be back as soon as I can." Kagome said as she kissed Mizuki's head and left the room.

"Wow, to think I ran away from home...with a girl named Tomoko. I don't remember her completely, but I do know that we're friends! I can't wait to see her!" Mizuki smiled as she talked to herself.

Now that I think about it, I remeber the last time I saw her...We were in the middle of the street....yelling...I should say I'm sorry. I probably said some mean things to her. I know next time I see her, I'll give her a big hug and maybe give her a gift! Yeah! I'll remember her. I hope I see her soon.

"Mizuk.." Mizuki heard from the door.

"Tomoko-san! You're ok! Look, I'm prefectly healthly now! Daddy told me what happened last month. I'm sorry I put you through---" Mizuki was stopped by Tomoko wrapping her hands around Mizuki's neck tightly.

"I HATE YOU, MIZUKI!!!" Tomoko shouted with anger and hatred in her voice along with a hint of sadness.

"Tomoko-san?!! What's....wrong?! I can't....b-breathe!" Mizuki choked.

"You have everything that I want!! That's not fair! You have it all! A mommy and daddy who love you! No one hits you! IT'S NOT FAIR!!! I HATE YOU!!! IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Tomoko shouted as tears fell down her face.

"Tomoko!!!! I-I! Air!! St-op!!! Tom-oko!!! To...moko!!! I-" Mizuki choked out as Tomoko's hands became tighter.

"Shut up!! I never want to hear or see you again!!" Tomoko shouted.

"MIZUKI!!!!!!!!" Kagome shouted as she saw her daughter being choked by her best friend.

"Mo-mmy!" Mizuki choked out quietly.

"What's goin-!! Get off my kid!!!!" Inuyasha shouted as he ripped Tomoko from Mizuki's body.

"Mizuki, are you alright?!" Kagome asked as she held her baby in her arms.

"I-I'm fine......" Mizuki coughed.

"What the Hell is wrong with you?!! You were killing Mizuki! You're her friend aren't you?!" Inuyasha shouted as he looked at the girl on the other side on the room.

"I...I.....didn't...mean...to. I...." Tomoko said as her face was covered in tears.

"Tomoko-san?" Mizuki asked.

"Inuyasha, something isn't right. Her eyes...they're are a different color." Kagome pointed out.

"Something....is inside of me!" Tomoko screamed as she grabbed her head.

"Mommy! Look! She has the same eyes as that bad man! Naraku!" Mizuki shouted

"Naraku?! No way! He's long gone!" Inuyasha and Kagome shouted.

"Heh..." Tomoko smirked.

"That scent..." Inuyasha gasped.

"Naraku. I thought you were dead!" Kagome shouted.

"Correct, I was dead. But my son gave birth to this girl, just so she could be my vessel. Now, all I have to do is find a suitable body." Naraku's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Tomoko-san!! Can you hear me?!!" Mizuki shouted.

"Tomoko? Oh, that must be her name. Well, she was never truly Tomoko. She suffered from my miasma. That's why she was sick all the time. And my hatred for you, the Higurashi was just unleashed from slumber. Now, I have the strength to relive. All thanks to you, Mizuki. If you never met her, this wouldn't have happened. Thank you." Naraku smirked as Tomoko's body disappeared from sight.

"TOMOKO-SAN!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!!!!!!!" Mizuki screamed into the ceiling above her....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'VE CREATED A MONSTER......TOMOKO....I'VE KILLED YOU......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'M SORRY...... 

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1998