Wildflower by AyaneMomijika
Summary:

Sesshoumaru goes to visit Rin at the same time every year.

I wonder why...


Categories: General Characters: Sesshoumaru
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 534 Read: 2292 Published: 06 Jun 2011 Updated: 06 Jun 2011
Story Notes:

This is probably my favourite peice so far, and yes I know i've only posted 2 chapters of The Hand of Fate, but still. I spent a fair bit on this, fixing what i didnt like.

Anyway, hope you all like it ^_^

1. Wildflower by AyaneMomijika

Wildflower by AyaneMomijika

Sesshoumaru gazed up at the sky, his golden eyes narrowed against the sun's glare.

The was barely a cloud in the sky, birds were singing, insects humming, even an occasional butterfly flitted in the warm afternoon air.

This was what they called a perfect day.

Sesshoumaru frowned. This day was far from perfect.

The daiyoukai had asked for rain, a storm, anything, to make this one day be as miserable as he felt.

And this Sesshoumaru never asked for anything.

He closed his eyes briefly, breathing deeply in his attempt to diminish the emotion.

Emotions were for the weak.

When no such thing occurred, he sighed and moved on.

"Lord Sesshoumaru!"

The youkai turned around, his expression one of disbelief. He had not heard that cheerful tone in a long time. Scanning the field inwhich he strode, he found himself as alone as he been when he had come. He decided that it was his imagination.

After all, she had left him years ago.

Sesshoumaru shook his head, not wanting to remember the last time he had seen her. But he always remembered, always went over and over in his mind. Why had she left? Why hadnt he tried harder to find a way to keep her with him? Why?

The youkai lord was full of questions, ones that never would be answered.

Suddenly he stopped. That scent...

Flowers.

He stared out at the sight before him.

Millions upon millions of wildflowers covered this part of the grass. Red, orange, white, yellow...

And Rin.

He could see her, as clear as day. Her scent wafted over him on the slight breeze. She was exactly as he remembered. Bright, cheerful, and smiling.

Always smiling.

Rin...

She was dancing in the field, a ring of flowers on her head, her long raven coloured hair flowing gracefully behind her in the wind.

The daiyoukai felt something then, a pressure on his heart, in his throat. He couldnt speak, could hardly breathe.

All he could do was watch the young, vibrant woman dance, her arms spread out as she looked to the sky, she spun and spun and sang...

"In the mountains,

In the breeze.

In the forest,

In my dreams.

Lord Sesshoumaru where are you..."

He noticed that though she was smiling, her eyes held the look of one in complete and utter lonliness. She continued to dance, twirling faster and faster, till she fell to her knees and sat, head bent, her face obscured by her long, dark locks.

"I will wait,

For you.

On my own...

Please return to me,

Waiting all alone..."

He had heard this song before. Many times the girl had sung as she waited patiently for him.

Those were the days when she had never left his side if she could help it.

He began to walk toward the woman in the field of colourful blooms, and she looked up at him, capturing him in her gaze.

He froze not two feet from her.

"Lord Sesshoumaru, where are you..." She sang softly, her sparkling, brown eyes never left his as he stepped forward and knelt.

"Rin.." He whispered. He knew she wouldnt speak directly to him. He knew that she couldnt.

Because...

The apparation of the young woman faded away and he was left kneeling before a lonely headstone.

He placed the flowers he had brought her at the base, caressing the rough stone with one hand.

"Im sorry I couldnt save you.."

This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1967