Inuyasha: Midori's pack by Mikoangel
Summary:

Twenty years after the death of Naraku, Inuyasha and his friends have settled down and gone on with their lives, Midori, Inuyasha's oldset child lives with her family in peace. But just beyond the horizon evil lurks, a monster all but forgotten now threatens not just the lives of Midori's family and friends, but all of Japan. And with the birth of the Black Shikon No Tama, ten times more powerful then the original, Midori will find out just how much truth their was in her parents stories.


Categories: Romance, Action/ Adventure Characters: Custom
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 3402 Read: 19043 Published: 08 Oct 2010 Updated: 17 Dec 2010
Story Notes:

I do not own Inuyasha Rumiko Takahashi does.

Okay this is my first fanfic so bear with me, also the story will revolve around the main characters Children.

I hope you enjoy reading it!!!

please read and review.

1. Chapter 1 by Mikoangel

2. Return of an old enemy by Mikoangel

3. Life in the feudal era (part one) by Mikoangel

4. Life in the feudal era (part Two) by Mikoangel

Chapter 1 by Mikoangel

The wind blew gently through the trees, the sun's rays showing through their branches. The forest was still save a small rabbit that ran to the safty of it's burrow as it heard foot falls on the forest floor. Inuyasha walked through his forest in deep trought, so much had happened in what felt like a short amount of time. ( to think it's been twenty years. . .) he throught as he continued to walk.

 Inuyasha loved when he had time to go to his forest and think, alot had happened in twenty years. He throught back to when Naraku was defeated, what a day that had been!

But he did not think of it for long , his mind drifed to other things, memories he would tresure for the rest of his life. The day that he had asked Kagome to be his wife, the day he took her as his mate, and of course when his childern were born.

Inuyasha let out a chuckle, his childern, they were so much like their mother in his eyes (which was funny because Kagome always complined that they were too much like him!!!) especially his youngest daughter who he had named Izayoi after his mother.

His mother. . . She would have loved his kids, it was still hard on Inuyasha to think of hid daed mother,  but it had become easier over the years, and for that he had to thank Kagome.

"Knock it off!" Screamed a vocie from behind him, "I'm going to get you! so propair yourself!" yelled another, Inuyasha sighed and just side stepped out of the way as a blur of blue, green, and silver wizzed past his followed by a blur of orange, purple, and onyx. He watched in amusment as his egiht year old son Akaho ran like the devil was at his heels from his younger sister Izayoi, his youngest daughter while all of five always had her brother on the run as she loved to pounce of him any time she could.

"Aug! Get off of me!" yelled his son as his sister jumped on him.

"Say you give up! Come on say it!" she said in triumph as she sat on her brother. Inuyasha called out im amusment. "You gonna take that from a girl?" he asked his laughing before sayingto his daughter. "Hey, go easy on him!" His daughter's eyes glemmed. "Okay!" She called.

Inuyasha was now out of the deepest part of the forsetand came tothe clearing at the other end. The sun's rays were warm and covered the clearing in yellowish-green light. This clearing had become an almost sacred place for him and his family as it held the bone-eaters well.

As he came to the edge of the forest, he stood in silence as he watched his family enjoy the warm summar day. Izayoi ans Akaho had returned to the well and were playing (pounce-on-me) again. . .or at least Izayoi was, at the end of the well his wife sat reading a book from her time, her black hair flowing behind her and her chocolate eyes relaxed and calm, to his right sat hissecond oldest Ayako , who was painting a picture of the landscape, her silver hair pulled back into a long braid and her bright green eyes focossed on her task. At the far end of the clearing he saw hie oldest child, Midori staring up at the fluffy white clouds that floated across the sky, her rare purple eyes looking out in wander and her long white hair flying in the breeze.

"so . . ." Said her father as he walked up behind her. " You going out with your friends or what?"He asked her in amusing tone. "Oh, yeah!" she said getting up from her place on the grass and picked up her gym bag that her had given her. "sorry about that I was just thinking." She said in embarrinment. "Fine, but don't take so long that your friends go without you" He said " Ueah, well i'm off." She said and turned to the forest, only to be halted by her father's Voice. "Oh. Midori? your uncle wants to talk to you" He said and smiled when His daughter groaned. "Again? But I told him no already, can't he take no for an answer!!!" She all but yelled. "Huh, you know your uncle doen't take no for an answer so you better go in your going to pick up your consin without running into him." 

"Right! See you all later!" She called as she made her way to the western castle. 

End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!!

Hope to update soon!!!

Return of an old enemy by Mikoangel
Author's Notes:

Ok this in a little later then I hoped sorry that school was in the way. Well I hope you like the next chapter.

I do not own Inuyasha.

Midori continued through the dense forest, her silver hair flowing wildly behind her, she loved the cool, moist air that came from it's depths, and she, like her father used this time to think.

"Whats his problem anyway!? No means no and thats the end of it!" she throught angrily, for two years now her uncle had been trying to convince her to become hie daughter's second in comand once she took her place as the next Inu no Taishou. She had at first declined the offer politely, saying that if his daughter wanted her as her second she would ask her herself, however this did not stop the Lord of the Western lands, he continued to press the issue and at last had used up all of Midori's patience, causing her to explode at a dinner for her cousin's birthday. Because of this she had started to avoid him at all costs, and had every intention of doing just that.

At last the castle came into view, it always took her breath away, the white stone castle stood in the middle of the westren lands, it's towers stood proud as the flags of midnight blue with a white crescent moon flew as her family's crest. The castle was a majestic sybol of her family heritage.

As she reached the outer-limets of the castle she looked around she could smell her cousin, she was near, but where? Just then she heard a tree branch creek.

"Found you!" she called out and a moment later her cousin dropped to the ground gracfully in front of her, she stood in a tie dye white and purple kimono, her silver hair was much longer then her's and it swayed behind her majesticly, Midori watched her cousin as her golden eyes looked around before picking up the pink gym bag that was much like her own.

"Alright then, we can go meet up with Kimi, Naoki, and Toshu." Midori said as she turned to leave. "Kenji will be at the well already." However before they could leave she heard the voice of the very person she had been hoping to avoid.

"What is the matter father?" asked his daughter, concern in her voice.

"what's going on?" asked Midori as she walked back toward her cousin.

"I am simply going to see to a disturbance." Said Sesshoumaru. "A demonic aura has has been found at the edge of our bouder, buy for some reason cannot be traced."

" A demonic aura?" asked his daughter.

"Can you not sense it Mayu?"

Mayu and Midori closed their eyes, and focused their minds, suddently they felt an evil aura, of power they had never felt before. "I sense it!" Said Mayu.

"Wow! That is one powerful aura!" Said Midori.

"Indeed" Said her uncle as he turned to leave.

"Do you need any help?" asked his daughter as if she didn't know the answer.

"I do not require your aid, I am more then capable of taking care of myself."

"Yes father" Said Mayu, Midori tried not to roll her eyes.

They started again to the forest when midori heard her uncle say:

"When I return I wish to speak to you."

"Yes uncle..." Midori said in defeat as he disappeared into the forest.

                                              ~~~Sesshoumauru~~~

As sesshoumaru flew on his demonic cloud a look of concern appeard on his usually expressionless face, something was not right but he could not placewhat. He landed at a cave at the edge of the Western borders. The demonic aurs was strongest here, as Sesshoumaru walked through the cave he felt unease, little did he know however of the evil red eyes that followed his every move, as he walked deeper into the cave, the red eyes gave a glance at the cave entrance and a barrior came to be, and it's voice rang through the cave "Sesshoumaru this will be your tomb!"

End Notes:
Read and review please!!!
Life in the feudal era (part one) by Mikoangel
Author's Notes:

Okay... this took way longer than I hoped, but I hope you enjoy the new chapter!!!

I do not own Inuyasha

Midori and Mayu walked through the forest of the Rosutokon, the largest and most uninhabited forest in the eastern plains of the western lands. The forest held no animals of any kind, not even the distant sound of birds chirping could be heard.

"I hope she's here. . ." Said Mayu

"She's always here." Said Midori.

Their friend Kimi lived in the forest Rosutokon, just as her mother Kikyo had before her, Kikyo had died when Kimi was eight years old, leaving the responsibility as protecter of the forest to her daughter.

"You hear that?" Asked Mayu

A strange mysterious sound reached their ears, a sound like a smooth, low flute echoed thruogh the forest it lingered almost as if it was calling them.

"yeah, the sound will lead us to her"

Said Midori as she continued to lead the way deeper into the forest, the sound leading them deeper in.

"I don't know how you talked me into coming with you. . ." Said Mayu, unable to trust the sound they followed.

"Relax Mayu, thats Kimi calling us from where she is in the forest, their's nothing to worry about. . . besides, Kimi always visits you at the castle, it's about time you visit her." Replied Midori.

"We're almost there anyway, she's at the edge of the forest."

"Couldn't we have just walked around then?" Mayu asked only to be glared at by her cousin.

She sighed, how Mayu wished she was brave like father, or at least be confident like her mother. . .

(Mother. . .)

"She's up ahead!" Called Midori, brining Mayu from from her thoughts.

"Coming!" She returned as she caught up with her cousin.

They walked down a small hill which brought them to a pool at the edge fo the forest, the pool was as clear as glass, it's bottom shone with bright blue and turqoise stones that sparkled in the dim light from the tree tops, glideing over the pool were long, white, servent-like creatures, there glowing bodies causing the stones in the pool below to twinkle and shine.

To the left side of the pool stood a young woman, here long raven hair was pulled back in the traditional style of a miko, she knelt down beside the pool, a grey glowing soul in small hands, carefully she dipped the soul into the pure water, her chocolate eyes stairing down into the pool, a swirling white light came from  the bottom, shooting up and bathing the clearing in it's glow,  a moment later the grey  soul's light changed to bright white and finally it disappered.

Standing up from the pool, Kimi rolled down her sleeves, quickly dusting herself off to reveal the small white feathers that covered her black kimono, finally slipping on her sandles, she turned and walked toward her friends.

"Hey Kimi, you ready?" Asked Midori as Kimi walked toward them.

"As ready as i'll ever be! Let  me get my bag."

While Kimi gathered her things, Midori scanned the area, sensing the strange, yet familiar aura.

"Hey Kimi, I think some of your friends are home." Called out Midori as the creatures broke through the tree line, flying gracefully toward their mistress.

"Did you find anything?"

Kimi asked the silent messenger as it landed on her wrist, the others circling around hey body.

Although Midori and Mayu heard no words come from the eel like being, it was obvious that it was speaking to her somehow, as Kimi replied to it's stair.

"Very well then, since things are calm here I will be off, please hand me my bag?"

The creature made a strange, unearthly sound as it went to retrive the item she had asked for.

"The soul collectors have nothing to report." Said Kimi

Midori placed her hands in her sleeves.

"Good, seems the numbers of troubled souls has thined since you started."

Kimi smiled, and calmly placed her palm up right as the soul collector placed the strap of her white gym bag her hand.

"Alright, if everyone's ready?"

"Ready." Said Kimi hoisting the bag onto her shoulder.

"So am I." Said Mayu

"Alright then, lets go!"

End Notes:

Rosutokon: Lostsoul

Whew. . . It's in at last!!! Sorry for the long wait. I'll try to update sooner in the feature.

Please R&R!

Life in the feudal era (part Two) by Mikoangel
Author's Notes:

Okay, here's chapter 4, I hope you enjoy the it!!!

I don't own Inuyasha.

WORDS:

Kasaiyaiba: Fire Sword

Hani: Honey

The sound of sparing could be heard as they reached the monk Mushin's temple, they climbed the tall stair case that led to a large clearing of tall grass, the temple itself was a very large, plain building with many rooms and living quarters, which was surpring since the temple held only one person. . .

"Hey guys, Naoki and I have been waiting for you."

Called a tall dark haired boy as he walked toward them, his hair was short and neaty kept in a small pony tail, his eyes were a chocolate brown and his outfit was that of a demon slayer.

Beside himwas a young girl with the same dark hair, (which she kept in two pig tails on either side of her head) and eyes, her outfit was pink and black the colors of a female demon slayer.

"Sorry we took longer then planned, we were stopped by Uncle leaving Mayu's house." Said Midori as Naoki grabbed her and her brother's bags.

"Okay, we're ready." Said Naoki.

"Come on, Toshu!" She called to her brother.

"Hold on! We can't leave without our weapons." Said Toshu.

Naoki scoffed.

"Why? It's not like we live in war zone, I mean when was the last time you saw a really dangerous demon on this side of Japan?!"

"All the same we should be on our guard." Said Mayu gripping the handle of her sword.

"Fine, but I don't see why, Midori will just Kill them all with her sword."

"The Kasaiyaiba is a very powerful sword. . ." Said Kimi quietly as they walked.

"It's even more powerful then Tensusaiga!" Said Toshu.

"Come on guys, It's not that strong." Protested Midori as she glanced at the sword on her belt."

"Sure It's more powerful, your father said so himself." Said Toshu.

Midori stared at the long shadows being cast by the after noon sun.

(Father always says that their is something special about me, something special that he could never place. . . I have already surpassed my father and grand father, and I havn't even faught any very powerful demons. . .)

"Hey guys! Took you long enough!"

Midori was thrown from her thoughts as she heard the femiliar voice of Kenji.

"Hey scrawny wolf, How's the family?" asked Midori in amused tone.

"Fine, and don't call me scrawny!" he yelled.

Midori couldn't help but giggle at his antics, even though he knew she was just jokeing he acted completly serious about it.

 Kenji stood about 3 inches taller than Midori, his long black hair was pinned back in a high poney tail, much like his father he wore wolf skins and armor, but unlike the other members of his tribe Kenji wore black wolf skins instend of brown, he looked almost exactly like his father except for his bright green eyes that he inherited from his mother.

By this time they had walked their way back to the bone eater's well, Midori's siblings had left the clearing, leaving only her parents who were laying on a picnic blanket relaxing near the well.

"Are to!" Yelled Midori.

"Are not!" Yelled Kenji back.

"What ever you say scrawny wolf" Said Midori in return, which caused someone from behind her to chucle, (Which sounded an awful lot like her father) but she ignored it.

"Alrright then, if i'm scrawny, then your a puppy." Said Kenji.

"A PUPPY!" yelled Midori as she gave her father a hard look as he was still chuckling (to himself)

" I am NO ONES puppy!"

(Your MY puppy) thought Inuyasha, but decided against saying so out loud, instead he settled for chuckeling more loudly.

"Calm down Midori, don't get your canine's up in a snarl, tell you what, I'll fergive you. . . If you become my woman. . ." Said Kenji as he grabbed Midori's hands and started to gently rub them.

"How many times do I have to tell people! No! Plain and simple!" She yelled only to hear her father who was now laughing on the ground.

"Dad!" Midori complined.

"Sorry Midori. . . It's just. . . That look on your face!" Her father stated as he continued to laugh.

Midori inwardly sighed, this wasn't her day.

"Alright, alright, are we ready to go?" She asked, after being so angry all Midori wanted to do was sit down, relax, and drink a vanilla shake at  Hani's Milk Shake Shop in the moderen era.

"Hey what's that?"

"What?" Asked Midori as looked where Naoki was pointing.

A silver streak raced across the sky almost as if it were a shooting star, Midori watched carefully, trying todecipher what it was, until  everyone heard a loud, earth shatering (BOOOOM!)

"What was that!?" aSKED mAYU.

"Don't know but we better find out" Said Inuyasha as he came up behind them.

"Hey Mayu, you can fly why don't you see if you find out what it is from above?" Asked Naoki.

"Umm . . . Are we sure that's a good idea?" Asked Mayu nervously.

"You'll be fine, after all we're coming with you, and you might be able to see better from above." Said Midori.

"Alright, if you say so. . ."

Mayu created her demonic cloud and slowly made her way into the sky, Midori, Inuyasha, and gang right behind her below.

About a mile away, near the outskirts of Edo was a large, 15 foot crater in the ground. Mayu slowly began to descend as the others arrived.

"Damn. . . What a hole. . ." Said Naoki

"Can you imagine the Speed that object must of hit to make such a crater?" Asked Midori

Mayu landed a few feet from the hole, walking up she looked down to what could have possibly hit the ground at such a speed. . .

"Oh by the Kami!" T?he others heard her sream.

Mayu backed away, covering her face as tears began to spill.

"What's wrong?!" Midori asked as she ran up to her cousin, looking down she saw what had brought Mayu to tears.

"Dad!" She yelled.

"Dad, it's. . . It's Uncle. . ."

"What?!" Yelled Inuyasha

He jumped into the hole and carefully picked up his brother, Midori and Toshu helped carry him out of the hole as Mayu was still too shocked and upset to do much, gently they placed him on the forest floor, his kimono was ripped and torn, his body was covered burns, scratches and large wounds, the worst of them was a large gash, going all the way across his stomach.

"Father's going to be Okay isn't he?. . . Tell me he's going to be Okay!" Yelled Mayu.

"He's weak. . ." Was all Inuyasha said, but in his mind his thoughts were going frantic.

(Have to get back to Edo, we can take better care of him there. . .)

"Naoki!" Called Inuyasha.

"Yes?"

"Run ahead and tell Kagome what's going on, she'll need time to prepair for him."

"Alright!" She said, quickly turning and making her way though the trees.

"Kimi, you and Kenji should go with her, there're going to need all the help they can get."

Kimi nodded as she and Kenji  followed.

"Toshu help me carry him, we'll need to keed him as still as possible."

"Alright." Said Toshu

"What about me?" Asked Midori, hating feeling useless

"I need you to comfort Mayu and help her get back to Edo" Said Inuyasha as he began to lift Sesshomaru from his place on the grass.

Midori mentally slapped herself, how could she foget about Mayu? who was crying into the grass, she knew how emotional her cousin is, she should have been looking out for her.

"Alright." Said Midori walking over to her cousin "It's okay, it's okay, my mom will see to him, uncle will be okay. . ." Said Midori over and over again as she led Mayu toward Edo, letting her lay her head on her shoulder.

Midori looked up into the cloud covered sky, becoming more and more dark and gloomy by the minute. Midori inwardly sighed this really just wasn't her day. . .

End Notes:
R&R Please!!!
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1844