The only youkai in the modern era by sango
Summary: this is about a youkai born in the modern era. she is very shy and is quiet, but this changes when she meets Inuyasha and his group. please review. i want to know how i'm doind w/ my first story.
Categories: Action/ Adventure, Romance Characters: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 941 Read: 5341 Published: 26 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Feb 2010
Story Notes:
Iie means no, okaa-san means mother and otou-san means father. just in case you didn't know.

1. Chapter 1 by sango

2. Chapter 2 by sango

Chapter 1 by sango
Author's Notes:

sorry about any confusion you may have had. i finally was able to fix it. well, enjoy the first chapter and i finally have the second chapter up. :)

                A girl is born to haruka and Mai Takeshi. "Let's name her Ai.", said Mai. "Hai, that is a good name for her.", said Haruka. I was born with cat ears and a cat tail. The doctors were a little surprised about the ears b/c mom and dad don't have ears like mine. "Must be a little deformity or something", said one of the doctors. "I don't care, I think they're cute.", said mom.

               Ai is a demon cat born to a demon family, her parents are both an only child so she has no aunts or uncles and no other family members alive except her grandparents. they live all the way in Hokkaido, near the tip of Japan. Ai lives in Tokyo, the middle of Japan, sort of the middle. 5 years pass and I enter kindergarden. Today's the first day of school. I always have my tail and ears show b/c if i hide my tail, i'll be really uncomfortable with that.

         My ears always show b/c i don't like keeping them pinned on my head all day. I go up to a girl and ask, "Will you be my friend?" She says "You're a demon, why would they let a demon to come to school?" The teacher hears this and says, "She just wants to be a normal girl, don't you Ai?" I nod my head, i don't want to talk anymore at school unless i have to answer a question.

          Fast forward to when i'm in 10th grade, i'm 16 and it's a few days after my birthday. Me and my parents go for a walk and a demon hating guy who's drunk comes up to us. "Please leave us alone, we didn't do anything.", pleaded mom. "The fact that you exist in this world is enough to get rid of you." He takes out a gun and tries to kill me first but my parents defend me.

        "Trying to protect your kid huh? I'll let her live for now." Then right in front of my eyes, my mom and dad are gone. "Iieeeeeeee!!!!!!! Okaa-san, otou-san!" "Let that be a lesson that demons aren't welcome in this world. You'd be better off in the feudal era. they don't have guns like this world." He leaves. Now i stop talking, period. After my parents' funeral, which only i and my teachers attended, one of my teachers comes up to me and said that i could pray for them at the Higurashi shrine.

End Notes:

Iie- no    okaa-san- mother     otou-san- father

sorry, i spelled the japanese word for "no" wrong.

Chapter 2 by sango

            I arrive at the Higurashi shrine, searching for where I pray, when I notice an open building. Of course being a cat demon has it’s negative qualities. I go over not being able to resist the cat curiosity in me, and I see an open well. I look down to see what’s in it and I bend too far over and I fall in.

             A blue light engulfs me and after what felt like forever, I’m sitting at the bottom of the well. ‘Well that was strange.’,  I thought.  I jump out of the well and find myself, not at the shrine, but in a forest. ‘Why am I in a forest?’ I walk a ways and I sense something I haven’t sensed since my parents died.

             I walk closer and I find myself in a village. ‘What the?’ my senses tell me that whatever I’m sensing is in one of the huts. I go closer to the hut and then I hear a voice. “Who’s there?” it was a rough voice. “You can come in”, said another voice. It sounded like it belonged to an elderly lady.

             I go in and I see a strange sight. I see one half demon, two full demons, and four humans. One of the humans in a middle school uniform. “Hello.”, said the girl in the school uniform and she smiles. I smile back a her shyly. “What’s your name?”, asked the little demon boy. I try to speak but nothing comes out. Everyone loos at me questioningly. I try again and it’s very quiet, but the half demon and the demon hears me. “She said her name is Ai.”, said the half demon.

           “Ok, so your name is Ai. My name is Kagome.”  “My name is Sango and this little demon cat is Kirara.”, said the girl who doesn’t look too much older than Kagome and she points to the tiny demon. “My name is Shippo.”, said the little demon boy. “My name is Miroku.”, said the human guy in the purple and dark blue kimono. “My name is Inuyasha.”, said the half demon. “My name is Kaede. I am the head priestess of this village, and don’t worry, I won’t purify you.”, said the elderly lady. “Nice to m-meet you.”, I stuttered out. “Aww, are you shy?”, asked Kagome. I nod my head.

           “Why are you shy?”, asked everyone. I tell them what happened a few days ago. “Poor girl. I’m so sorry.”, said everyone. “It’s ok. I’m doing better, I guess. I’m still trying to get used to being alone.” “I know how you feel, but my whole family is dead. Well, except my brother, who’s being controlled by a Shikon Jewel shard in his back.” “Oh, I hope you get him back to you soon Sango.”, I said. “Thanks, I hope I do too.” “Where are you from?”, asked Inuyasha. “Tokyo. Why?” “I knew I smelled something familiar on you. So you’re from the same place Kagome’s from.” “You’re from Tokyo too?” “Yes.”

End Notes:
sorry. i cut it from my microsoft word. at least the words are readable. lol.
This story archived at http://inuyasha-fanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1427